New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default Races that qualify for Multiattack?

Working on a silly gestalt character, but having difficulty getting multiattack on a race that wouldn't hurt my character too much.

Kobold is always an option, but are there any other LA +1 or LA 0 races with 3 natural attacks? Alternatively any way to get Two-weapon fighting without having 15 dex would be handy.

The build right now is Druid 4/Swordsage 4, adding wisdom to lots of stuff and using Tiger claw + wildshape for fun. I don't really want to put 15 in Dex just to get TWF (I wont be using my base dex for most of the time, and turning into a creature with <15 dex would make the feat useless)

Any other way to qualify for Multiattack that I should know about? My dream race is Dream Dwarf, but -2dex and no natural attacks makes this very tricky.

I don't want to use Warforged.

I can think of Poison Dusk Lizard folk, but I would lose almost every feature when Wildshaping and the +1 LA makes it unattractive.

In advance, thank you for any help you can give!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Races that qualify for Multiattack?

Thri-keen? Shifter with Extra Shifter Trait? (there's an ACF which replaces wildshape with improvements to shifting)

EDIT: Wait a minute... you want this while wildshaping? You don't need to worry about race then. You can take the feat if you have a form which grants enough natural attacks, you just won't be able to use it while out of it. If your DM argues with you, point out stuff like the Wayfarer Guide (a PrC which improves your teleport spells), which mentions that fighters with helms of teleportation sometimes enter the class. IIRC there's some official material which recommends that human druids take Weapon Focus (claw).

Two Weapon Fighting does not affect natural attacks, though if you want it there's the Gloves of the Balanced Hand (which also upgrade existing TWF feats by one stage).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-27 at 11:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

EDIT: Wait a minute... you want this while wildshaping? You don't need to worry about race then. You can take the feat if you have a form which grants enough natural attacks, you just won't be able to use it while out of it. If your DM argues with you, point out stuff like the Wayfarer Guide (a PrC which improves your teleport spells), which mentions that fighters with helms of teleportation sometimes enter the class.

Two Weapon Fighting does not affect natural attacks, though if you want it there's the Gloves of the Balanced Hand (which also upgrade existing TWF feats by one stage).
    Alright, this is awesome. Very good job. I was concerned that my DM might be picky about not always qualifying.

The TWF is just to enter into Bloodclaw Master, but it doesn't look like it gives me anything.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

^^^What he said.

If you're not Wildshaping, Catfolk+Willing Deformity+Deformity Teeth(or alternately, Barbarian Class+Feral Rage Feat) should grant you 3 natural attacks(2 claws+1 bite). Darfellan(Orca-folk) get a natural Bite, so find a way to get Claws and you're in as well. Alternately, any race with some kind of Bite(or any other Natural attack, really) attack, combined with Aberration Blood+Deepspawn qualifies.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Skarn are another race that get a natural attack, great if you are thinking of splashing some Totemist in. A Skarn with Deepspawn has 3 natural attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

RogueGuy

Not a race, but I feel like a two level dip in totemist should be suggested for 4 claw attacks regardless of form. It stays with you for your wildshapes as well.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Grafts! Faiths of Eberron has the Mighty Arms graft, which is a slam attack you can buy fairly cheap.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Grafts! Faiths of Eberron has the Mighty Arms graft, which is a slam attack you can buy fairly cheap.
    If we're going with Grafts, I'd run away from the Eberron ones. They're less powerful than the "Classic!" versions.

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    The Living Bullet!
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

But also less expensive (i.e., all of the grafts out of LoM practically defining "prohibitively expensive"). Both in terms of monetary cost and in terms of "make a will save every day or lose Wisdom" cost.
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey McBannert View Post
    But also less expensive (i.e., all of the grafts out of LoM practically defining "prohibitively expensive"). Both in terms of monetary cost and in terms of "make a will save every day or lose Wisdom" cost.
    As opposed to "Auto-lose Constitution"? At least you can use Restoration to cure the Wis loss.

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    The Living Bullet!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, but the real question is whether or not he can spare 40,000gp or more for a graft.
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey McBannert View Post
    Yeah, but the real question is whether or not he can spare 40,000gp or more for a graft.
    be an unarmed swordsage?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Dragonwrought Kobolds are good. They also qualify for Rapidstrike later, so enjoy using your Natural attacks multiple times in a round.

6 BAB right? You get +6/+6/+1/+1/+1 Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Bite

11 BAB, take Imp. Rapidstrike for 3 claw attacks per hand. It auto-scales to 4 later, at 16BAB.

Hmm, req. 10 BAB, so not yet. But you can get it later.

Your weak Str is covered by SS (Shadow Blade). And Wildshape removes it entirely.
    Last edited by 2xMachina; 2011-01-28 at 12:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Last Laugh View Post
    Alternatively any way to get Two-weapon fighting without having 15 dex would be handy.
    Ranger 2. Or anything that grants Ranger combat styles. Such as one of the Barbarian variants from Unearthed Arcana.

Can't remember the name, but there's a magic item that gives one the benefit of the TWF feat as well in the Magic Item Compendium. Might be one of the armbands, maybe one of the gloves.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-28 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Gloves of the Balanced Hand, MIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Beguiler from Shining South is LA +0 and gets Multiattack as a free bonus feat.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Pikachu uses Claw/Claw/Bite!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

You could dip Totemist for 2 levels, or if you don't have the levels to spare but you do have the Dragonblood subtype you could take Shape Soulmeld (Claws of the Wyrm). Claws of the Wyrm and Dragon Tail from Dragon Magic are the only soulmelds I've found that give you natural weapons without requiring them to be bound to a chakra.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!