New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Exclamation [3.5] DRAGONBORN DRAGON RIDER!!! Small DragonBorn + Dragon Cohort Mount!!!!!!!

So here's the deal... i'm playing a fighter kensai... i always wanted a dragon mount.. so i thought why not.. so here's the thing... how do i get one???
    I thought at first that with the leadership feat i could get it right away as a cohort... but i can only recluit a lvl 6 since i'm only lvl 8... THEN i went trough the pages of the draconomicon and found a couple feats that may come in handy.
    DRAGON COHORT (taken at lvl 9): " you can gain a cohort selected from table 3-14: Dragon Cohorts (pag 139), just as if you would by selecteing the leadership feat. How ever you may treat the dragon's effective character level as if it were 3 leves lower than indicated."
    For example: A silver dragon wyrmling is ECL 11. so i could get one as a lvl 8, So: If i choose that feat at lvl 9, i may only get the silver dragon wyrmling at lvl 10 right? since the leadership feat just allow me to get a 2 levels lower than my character is... So if i get Improved Cohort, i could get it at level 9????
    And finally.... IF i choose to be a halfling or some small creature may i be able to use it as a mount??
    Plz i will be really glad if anyone could help me.. telling me if i'm right.. or any other solution you may have... thxs a lot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] DRAGONBORN DRAGON RIDER!!! Small DragonBorn + Dragon Cohort Mount!!!!!!!

All of that works fine. Improved Cohort might be a little overkill, but if you really want it at level 9 that would do it.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] DRAGONBORN DRAGON RIDER!!! Small DragonBorn + Dragon Cohort Mount!!!!!!!

Correct, it counts as ECL 8 so you can only get it at level 10.

I don't know what Improved Cohort does so I can't comment.

Buy an exotic saddle and your good to go.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-01-29 at 01:27 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

awesome.. thxs a lot guys