New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default It's a Magical World - Alucard's Exalted Log!

All right, all right, let's get this thread started...

First and foremost, let me tell you about how this came to be.

See, back in October, I had fun running a nWoD game for Halloween. I mentioned that I might enjoy STing another game, though perhaps something different, like Exalted. Well, since the players I was talking to were unfamiliar, I had to explain Exalted to them. And explain I did. Unfortunately, I was having so much fun talking about Exalted that I started jonesing for it right then and there.

I still didn't quite want to run Exalted, but since everyone in that game was relatively-unfamiliar with it, I didn't really have much choice, now did I? I told them that I'd need some time to prepare, and that I'd aim for January for the start date of the game.

I also wasn't entirely sure of how many people I'd have in the game. As always, five is a fairly-ideal number, but I couldn't just ask five people to play; no, not all my gaming friends are really that reliable. It's inevitable that some of them will flake and be unable to play, or that scheduling problems will keep some completely out of the game. All in all, I asked about ten people, and got eight players, a tad more than I wanted, but a number I hoped I could still deal with. Six rookie players, and two old hands.

One thing I was a tad disappointed by, though, is that in my initial period of asking, "What do you want to play?", nearly everyone replied with, "A Dawn Caste Solar." Not everyone - two went with, "A Full-Moon Caste Lunar." Okay, this isn't how the final product turned out, but even now, literally every PC in the group is at least halfway-oriented toward combat.

One of my loftier ambitions for the game is to involve all of the different splats whose books I can get my hands on. Abyssals? Yeah, I'll use them at some point. Infernals? They definitely have their uses. Dragon-blooded? What game would go without 'em? Lunars? Two of the PCs are Lunars! Fair Folk? Sounds like a good time to me... Sidereals? What Sidereals?

I decided to set my game in the East, mostly because our last group did a pretty good job of tearing things up in the Scavenger Lands and later in the South, and rather than disregard all that our circle's done there, we could just have it take place elsewhere (but not Elsewhere ). However, since I still haven't finished reading the East book, I decided I'd start the PCs out on an unlabeled spot on the map between Halta and Mount Metagalapa. We'll see how that turns out.

As for scheduling, I decided that we'd play once every two weeks, at the campus center of the local college (after all, with it now being open 24-7, that's too good to pass up as a place to game).

House-rule-wise, I restricted the players who'd never played before to Solars, and likewise disallowed them from taking Merits and Flaws. On the other hand, though, I attempted to provide incentive for them to flesh out their characters by allowing them five bonus points each for providing a decent backstory and picture of their character. The two more-experienced players were allowed to take Merits and Flaws, but to my surprise, the Flaws they took were pretty devastating. Also, for the sake of survivability, I houseruled it such that everybody got a free number of Ox-Body Techniques equal to their Stamina.

Anyway, I'll try and provide the details of the actual session itself sometime soon, 'kay?
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-01-31 at 10:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: It's a Magical World - Alucard's Exalted Log!

Sounds interesting!

7 is a fair mouthfull, are you banking on the hope that you won't have all of them at the table every session due to player unreliability?
    Aside from "have fun", i think the key to GMing is putting your players into situations where they need to make a choice that has no perfect outcome available. They will hate you for it, but they will be back at the table session after session.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaun View Post
    Sounds interesting!
    The first session went decently enough.
    8 is a fair mouthful, are you banking on the hope that you won't have all of them at the table every session due to player unreliability?
    I'm not banking on it, but it'd probably make things just a tad more convenient.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-01-31 at 10:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

I'll just say as someone who hadn't even heard of Exalted before joining these forums, i am very interested in reading about this.

5. - Top - End - #5

I guess I'd better get to the bit where I talk about the PCs, show shouldn't I?

You'll notice something here: I said I ended up with eight players, yet here I detail seven player characters. There is a reason for this. Just not a good one. You see, two of the players ended up jumping on at the last minute; out of those two, one built his character on the night of the game, and the other still hasn't done it yet, but really wants to play.

First on our list is the Dawn Caste, Sun Wukong, "Wuk" for short. He was educated from an early age in the dojo of Patient Rockslide, though when he took his Second Breath, Patient Rockslide had to ask him to leave, because soon the Wyld Hunt would be on him.

Second on our list is the other Dawn Caste, whose proper name I forget at the moment, but has the title of "Mantis Blade." Having grown up in a trading village south of Chiaroscuro, he entered into the tutelage of a perfectionist mentor. Following his training, he likewise took his Second Breath, and then left his village to travel with a Guild caravan, hoping to return and make his hometown proud.

Third, we have our Twilight Caste, "Kurosen." A student in the ways of sorcery and lore, he lived in the Scavenger Lands for some time before Exalting and heading East. His Motivation? He wants to rule Creation as the most powerful Exalt. Not megalomaniacal at all!

Fourth is our Night Caste, we'll use his assumed name, "Guise." Raised in the Scavenger Lands by an abusive father, he ran away from home, and was eventually adopted into the life of an assassin, where he spent years learning the trade. Unfortunately, this mentor was soon himself murdered, and when he Exalted, he swore revenge.

Fifth is our other Night Caste, but what's in a name, anyway? For now, at least until I can have a detailed talk with him about how the game works, let's call him "Black Star," not to be confused with Black☆Star. This is the player I mentioned above, of whose desire to play Exalted I was only notified about four hours prior to the game.

Sixth is our Full Moon Caste, a lizard-totem Lunar with amnesia - he can't remember anything from before his Exaltation. All he knows is that the Wyld Hunt is after him, and for some reason, he can't recall his original human form; he's essentially restricted to his warform and any shape he can steal. Since he doesn't remember his name, we just go with "Hammer."

And seventh is our Full Moon Caste, a tiger-totem named "Midori-ne." This one seeks entry into the Wardens of Gaia, the Lunar faction centered on brokering a mutually-beneficial existence between humanity and nature.

EDIT: Hey, finally got the cast's names down! And hopefully I'll detail the session itself before long.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-01-31 at 06:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am eagerly awaiting further information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

7. - Top - End - #7

Looks like I've kept you guys waiting long enough.

Okay, so the session starts out in the month of Resplendent Air, in the village of Rising Leaves, a farming community on the frayed edge of reality, as to the east can be found Bordermarches into the Wyld. Perhaps it's that chaotic influence, but something about the location makes Amaranth (the plant, not the WoD term ) grow particularly-fast in this area, which gives the Guild incentive to have a caravan stop over every now and then...

It's this Guild caravan that brings Mantis and Guise here. As for Wuk, Hammer, and Kurosen, it's the proximity to the Wyld that brings them (for Wuk and Hammer, it's a matter of escaping the Wyld Hunt, and for Kurosen, it's a matter of trying out his Wyld-Shaping Technique on some actual Wyld ). And Midori-ne, see, got word that the tide of the Wyld was about to advance on Rising Leaves. Can't have that, no... and that's everyone.

Wait, why's Black Star there? Eh, at this point, his character sheet still wasn't finished, and everyone had been sitting there for some time, so we just said he was there, too. There will be a reason...

Anyway, they all note that the amaranth is growing way out of season, and those who inquire about it (Kurosen, Midori-ne, Black Star) are directed to the city's thaumaturge leader, who explains how it might be the fact that Risen Leaves is bordering on Bordermarches that allows the plants to grow in this fashion. However, he fears that the proximity to the tides of chaos may yet prove to be their doom.

Meanwhile, Wuk is using a strongman routine to obtain some money to eat with tonight, and Hammer is busy "acquiring" a human form. Guise is stealthily "observing" Black Star, who, as the Night TWILIGHT AND WAS ALWAYS TWILIGHT Caste master of subtlety that he is, has his orichalcum grand grimscythe strapped to his back as he makes his way through the village. Black Star catches the notice of a man named Vaidis, a Westerner wearing the garb of a local, as well as a headband over his forehead. Vaidis tails Black Star, so Guise tails Vaidis, who spots Black Star heading into the thaumaturge's residence, sighs, and wanders off.

Shortly after that, there's some confusion in the center of town when the harvested amaranth suddenly turns into blood. This leads to Wuk, Hammer, Black Star, Kurosen, Midori-ne, and Mantis having a discussion with the thaumaturge, who again expresses his concerns, this time mentioning a potential Fair Folk invasion, as well as a place of power he'd discovered to the east that he'd rather not risk the raksha get their hands on. The Exalts gathered agree to investigate it, and start heading east.

Through an incident that involves Wuk attempting to choke Midori-ne while she's in the form of a horse, they eventually discover that they're all Exalts. It makes just about as much sense in context, too. For now, at least, they agree to work together.

Meanwhile, Guise is investigating the Guild representative, and who should meet up but this representative and Vaidis? Unfortunately, they begin conversing in a language that Guise does not understand (which Wuk's player delightfully dubs for us). Vaidis ends up showing the Guild man a paper with Realm writing on it, as well as a red jade daiklave, and then removes his headband, revealing an Eclipse caste mark scorched into his forehead like a brand.

As for the others, they've found their way to what they suspect is the manse. It resembles a seed pod, hundreds of feet tall, made out of the brightest green jade and the purest yellow amber, both spiraling together to form the thorny shape. The entrance, it seems, is at the top. Luckily, Wuk has a magic ring that lets him emulate the Cirrus Skiff spell. Inside, a pair of Erythmanoi guard the entrance, eternally-bound to refuse entry to those without the master's permission. A shame, then, that the master died in the Usurpation. Combat starts, but really, against six combat-oriented Exalts, are two First Circle demons gonna stand a chance? You can guess how it turned out.

The inside of the manse, as they discover, is like travelling along down the threads of a massive screw, and the entirety of it is devoted to a magical grove where sorcerously-bound demons pick enough giant fruit to easily feed a hundred people. The demons, however, were only instructed to pick the fruit, and have no compunctions against the circle's entry nor against them eating the fruit. About halfway down, Hammer thinks to ask where all the fruit is going. "Down the elevator."

That's right, there's an elevator.

Hearing that, our two Lunars jump on that, while the Solars sigh and continue their trek down. However, Hammer and Midori-ne soon come to regret their rash decision, when they hear a noise emanating from below, a series of thunderous booms. Hammer kicks the elevator open about a third of the way down and encourages Midori-ne to sneak with him down the rest of the way, to see just what's making all the ruckus.

They reach the antechamber, and are somewhat-discouraged to see its resident, a vast behemoth with a body of glyph-carved verdegrised brass architecture, plant matter positively-growing from every aperture and seam in its body, greedily scarfing down and pulping all that came from the elevator. It doesn't notice them, and they beat feet back up the spiral to convince that whatever's down there isn't pretty. Wuk, however, decides to just walk up and address the thing, at which point it attempts to swat him out of hand like the fly he is. Undamaged but thrown back to the entrance to the antechamber, our scrappy Dawn Caste decides that it's butt-kicking time.

The Exalts attempt to bring down the beat-down on this behemoth, but along the way, they notice that it has some strange powers... like shifting the chunks of building that make up most of its hide to protect the wooden parts, resulting in their blows reverberating back at the PCs with bone-shattering force, as well as imbuing its own strikes with glowing green Essence that burns them more intensely than fire... Still, they go all Shadow of the Colossus on it and start stabbing at the unprotected areas on its face and the small of its back, at which point it climbs up the wall of the antechamber and does a pile-driver on the PCs unlucky enough to be on it. Black Star is knocked unconcious as a result, and the circle redoubles their efforts to kill this thing. Finally Wuk literally finishes it off by punching an opening in its eye socket and burrowing through its skull. If you're curious, the battle took exactly thirty seconds.

With the behemoth finished, they discover the powers of this manse: first-off, any Wood-aspected Terrestrial residing here has a higher chance of his progeny Exalting; secondly, the entire place is climate-controlled ; third, the magically-produced fruit, while capable of feeding a Magnitude 5 group, also confers the benefit of a tutor for the purpose of learning one dot of Occult. Oh, and the bearer of the manse's hearthstone can literally sing to plants to make them grow... about a year's growth for a scene's worth of singing.

And really, that was it for the first session... rough as some parts of it were, I hope you guys enjoyed it.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-04-24 at 04:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice manse. Nice behemoth. That sounds like a great first session!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Nice manse. Nice behemoth. That sounds like a great first session!
    Thanks.

Secret Stuff: You Players NO LOOKY!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The behemoth was, of course, corrupted by Malfeas into its current form as a means of preparation for the Reclamation. Of course, no one's supposed to know about the Reclamation, so the circle has stumbled onto something very, very big, pun intended. That's why the behemoth was stashed away in this long-forgotten manse, a place that it logically shouldn't even be able to enter.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Can someone please tell me
    Spoiler
    Show
    what the Reclamation and the Usurpation are?
    Spoliered because it references TheCountAlucard's Spoiler.
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2011-02-01 at 01:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burnheart View Post
    Can someone please tell me
    Spoiler
    Show
    what the Reclamation and the Usurpation are?
    Spoliered because it references TheCountAlucard's Spoiler.
    The Reclamation is the Yozis trying futilely to retake the world. The Usurpation is when the Sidereals told the Dragon-blooded that the world would be better without Solars and ousted them from power together.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The Reclamation is the Yozis trying futilely to retake the world. The Usurpation is when the Sidereals told the Dragon-blooded that the world would be better without Solars and ousted them from power together.
    Thanks

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The Usurpation is when the Sidereals told the Dragon-blooded that the world would be better without Solars and ousted them from power together.
    By murdering them, and locking their Exaltations in a cage, and throwing it into the sea.

14. - Top - End - #14

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    By murdering them, and locking their Exaltations in a cage, and throwing it into the sea.
    Ya, that was way harsh.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cashius View Post
    Ya, that was way harsh.
    It's about time I saw you on this forum again... So, what does my old ST think about what I've done?

16. - Top - End - #16

one of these days im actually going to have to sit down and read the eXaulted books
    Aside from "have fun", i think the key to GMing is putting your players into situations where they need to make a choice that has no perfect outcome available. They will hate you for it, but they will be back at the table session after session.

17. - Top - End - #17

one of these days im actually going to have to sit down and read the eXaulted books
    Bwahaha. Anyway, seems Black Star's player's gonna make a few revisions to his character (see, it turns out he was wanting to build a crafter character, and after some rethinking, he feels Night Caste might've been a bad choice on his part).

18. - Top - End - #18

Update update update!

Update.

Okay, to start things off, Black Star's player decided to take a more sorcery-focused route. A much more sorcery-focused, Twilight-Caste route. And by that, I mean all the way up to Solar Circle Sorcery. How'd he get all the points for that, you ask?

Well, it was just so tempting, when he was asking about how he could get the bonus points necessary, and, well...

Okay, so now there are three Known Anathema PCs. His backstory, by the way? He was a mortal student of the Heptagram, and when he'd finally initiated into Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, he took his Second Breath, right then and there.

Good thing he got that fistful of Dodge Charms. Needless to say, he's now on the run, just like Wuk and Hammer. Well, at least now he's got some reason to be on the fringes of the Wyld, yes? Now, his five-dot Enemy, that's another story...

Okay, with that out of the way, let's talk about our mysterious new player character!

This Zenith Caste is on a quest to find his missing daughter, who ran away/was-plot-deviced-into-the-ether two years back. Said daughter has supposedly been spotted fairly-recently in the East, giving him reason to investigate in Amaranth. To get by, he often does a few odd jobs here and there as he investigates - sort of like a Compassion 1 Michael Weston with awakened Essence; however, as a Zenith, he is remarkably good at Survival - "Environmental effects? Mo' like, 'get the hell out of the way, Mother Nature, I wanna find my daughter!'" Also a decent hand at Thrown, Dodge, and Resistance.

Now, on to the session itself!

When Last We Left Our Intrepid Heroes...
    Well, the new manse is nice and all, but now that they've secured it, it should do well enough on its own. Since it's clearly not the cause of this Wyld-related trouble, the assembled Exalts decide to move on. As Wuk, Kurosen, Black Star, Hammer, and Midori-ne travel further into the slightly Wyld-tainted lands, they encounter a tree (big surprise there ), the branches of which have been carefully cultivated to form a massive spiral staircase... of course, PCs are far too impatient for that, so it's Cirrus Skiff to the rescue again!

They observe a bridge a few hundred feet up, with a knight-like figure seemingly-guarding the structure; he is dressed in what looks like heavy armor, if armor was made out of leaves. Each step he takes causes a crisp autumn leaf to fall where his foot touched, and the Exalts can see a pair of glowing yellow eyes through his arboreous helmet. This fellow reveals himself, however, to not be inherently-hostile; he is standing watch on the bridge because he seeks champions from the order-tainted lands to quest with him against a dangerous Unshaped that is moving uncomfortably-close to Creation. They will, naturally, be well-rewarded for their efforts. Of course, to prove that they're worthy champions, he asks that the first one who set foot on the bridge engage in combat with him... and that happens to be Mantis Blade.

They fight for a bit before the raksha judges him as worthy (and with him, the rest of the group), and guides them into the Wyld.

Deeper in, they encounter a copse in which the trees are slowly speaking to one another. Feeling out of place, Kurosen uses Chaos-Repelling Pattern to assert some of Creation around himself. The trees, incensed, scuttle out of the reach of his Charm and mutter angrily to themselves. Midori-ne, who happens to speak their language, finds this hilarious. Anyway, from there, the raksha guides them into the Unshaped, where he makes a challenge to the sky itself.

To summarize a bit, the Unshaped puts them through tests somewhat-related to their Virtues; traveling through a reversed-gravity forest up (down? ) to the sky, resisting the urge to fool around with a tree that transmutes substances into gold, standing against an army of forest-creepers, and saving a man from dying of thirst. They do reasonably-well; though several members of the circle aren't exactly paragons of character, each is saved from failure by the other members of the circle.

Their success over the Unshaped allows them to dictate their prize - they demand that it leave and never encroach on Creation again. With that accomplished, Ashirom Who Steps on Autumn Leaves (yeah, that's his name) grants them their rewards - Mantis Blade receives a pair of fey-crafted hookswords, Sun Wukong gets a pair of cesti of similar quality, and the rest of the group gets a massive quantity of silver. Oh, and Hammer makes a deal with Ashirom such that the raksha will craft a Ring Grace for him, but we're going to resolve that after I get some sleep and go over the rules for it again.

Returning to the village, the PCs become exemplars of subtlety, passing out the silver and using the hearthstone from the manse to sing the plants back to life. Well, at least they did something nice. The thaumaturge, curious but grateful, gets the story from the circle before passing some information along to them... namely, that members of the Wyld Hunt are close by (within a day's travel, see), searching for three Anathema that seem to have a bit of a reputation... The thaumaturge explains that while he's thankful for the assistance the circle has provided, he will not, cannot oppose the sworn brotherhood of Dragon-Blooded. After all, he must keep the best interests of the people in mind.

The circle decides to split up (always a good choice!); Wuk, Hammer, and Midori-ne will search the surrounding terrain, while the others will remain in the village... which is unfortunate - see, the Terrestrials are employing that lovely, lovely Survival Charm that causes all mundane tracking to fail against them, and it seems that the trio will be spending a minimum of about twelve hours searching. And that's also when the five Immaculates stroll into town. When the villagers are even slightly hesitant to provide information, the Water aspect kills one out-of-hand, and takes notice of the silver he drops...

Since Mantis and Kurosen don't feel like duking it out with a quintet of fanatic Immaculates, they hang back and don't made a scene while the Dragon-Blooded begin their search for the demonic Anathema. Black Star is resting at the inn when he hears a knock at his door, and a voice challenging him to come out. Black Star decides to go for the window, but the Immaculates were expecting that, and the ones that were waiting outside the inn blast him with elemental essence and the grappling rules.

Black Star eventually manages to escape the clinch, but then has to contend with a magical razored silver chain trying to decapitate him, a rain of fortyish arrows, and other things that make being an Exalt difficult. Luckily for him, he's just a little bit faster than they are, and since he's got Invulnerable Skin of Bronze up, he's doing pretty well against most of their ranged attacks. With this in mind, and knowing that there are at least three Anathema in the area, and seeing how Black Star's just gone iconic with his anima banner such that his light can be seen for miles, the Terrestrials decide to beat feet - head back to base, maybe get some reinforcements, et cetera.

Now, spotting this little incident, Wuk, Hammer, and Midori-ne make their way back. Noting the direction the Immaculates took to escape, they decide to finally employ some supernatural tracking... by waiting until nightfall and summoning up some demons to do it for them. That, and Hammer showing off how obviously-supernatural he is in his warform; he's certainly not doing it to catch the attention of player characters who've made no effort to join the group... obviously.

Now there's a good segue... see, while the circle's been doing its stuff, Guise and our new Zenith have been doing their stuff. Guise, for one, finally uncovers the name of the organization that brought about the death of his mentor; it's an order of assassins known as the Grass Spiders - centered in the East, they focus on killings that are unique and free from harming innocent bystanders. The Zenith, on the other hand, finds some more disturbing information. Namely, that his daughter was seen in the village about three weeks ago, traveling with a dark woman; the two stayed at the inn together, and the next morning, two villagers had been murdered. The daughter was recognizable by her heterochromic eyes that she'd had from birth, but there was also something else memorable about her - to wit, that she had a distinct black mark on her brow.

Oh, and she's running with a different name now, as well... they call her the Shoat of the Mire.

Our Zenith and Guise end up meeting each other; apparently, the Zenith has a mild resemblance to someone in Guise's past, which threw him off enough that he forgot to use a Stealth Charm to hide himself as he watches the Zenith from a rooftop. This leads to a one-sided conversation uttered in-between rooftop-jumping and spontaneous grappling, Guise only replying with eerie silence through it all, before finally kicking off some Athletics Charms and vaulting away.

Some of the players still wanted to fight the Terrestrials, but at this point, it was about one-thirty, and we eventually discovered that because Stormwind Rider is slightly faster than Cirrus Skiff, and because the circle gave the Terrestrials a full day's head start by waiting to summon those demons, the Immaculates may well reach Gray Falls or some other Realm-controlled location that can provide reinforcements long before the circle ever sees them, pursuit would probably be an unwise tactic. With this in mind, we called it for the night.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Nice, did you have fun TheCountAlucard?

20. - Top - End - #20

RedWizardGuy

The Zenith's daughter is now called the Shoat of the Mire? With a strange black mark on her head? Well, I fail to see how this could backfire horribly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

21. - Top - End - #21

Nice, did you have fun TheCountAlucard?
    Well, yeah, except for a few out-of-game issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    The Zenith's daughter is now called the Shoat of the Mire? With a strange black mark on her head? Well, I fail to see how this could backfire horribly!
    Hm?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backfire horribly? You mean for me, or for him?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Ah, well i hope those out of game issues are gone next time you play, also is there a reason you Spoiler tag your VTM game updates and not these?

23. - Top - End - #23

Ah, well i hope those out of game issues are gone next time you play, also is there a reason you Spoiler tag your VTM game updates and not these?
    Im going to take a stab in the dark and say because he is the ST in this game and a player in the VtM game?!?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Im going to take a stab in the dark and say because he is the ST in this game and a player in the VtM game?!?
    I thought that but i don't see a reason to do that, so i asked.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Is it bad that I was kind of rooting for the Immaculates to win vs. Black Star? I'm not the only one, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

he is remarkably good at Survival - "Environmental effects? Mo' like, 'get the hell out of the way, Mother Nature, I wanna find my daughter!'"
    Does he kick Mother Nature in the face with his energy legs? ...Should that be a Survival charm?

27. - Top - End - #27

I spoiler the VtM stuff because otherwise, the pages would be about three miles long. [/exaggeration]

Okay, a little more realistically, my spoilering all of the posts in the VtM game was there in case others who'd played the game felt like providing their own input, that way they could read through the thread without necessarily having to read through my long posts about session details they already know about. If only they'd take advantage of that and start posting...
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    Is it bad that I was kind of rooting for the Immaculates to win vs. Black Star?
    Not at all!
    I'm not the only one, right?
    Well, I for one would've much preferred that the Immaculates had killed Wuk or Hammer.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, I for one would've much preferred that the Immaculates had killed Wuk or Hammer.
    Oh, it's nothing against Black Star specifically, I guess I was just hoping that five Immaculates might be able to take out one Solar, after having caught him all alone and somewhat by surprise, on their terms and all.

Ah well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

29. - Top - End - #29

Oh, it's nothing against Black Star specifically, I guess I was just hoping that five Immaculates might be able to take out one Solar, after having caught him all alone and somewhat by surprise, on their terms and all.
    Well, he had the "Invulnerable Skin of Bronze" spell up, and was wearing heavy armor. Yes, in the middle of the night - he had been told the Wyld Hunt was in the vicinity. It's not exactly like the Immaculates lost, though - simply put, after five rounds of plinking away at this guy for minimum damage, they decided that they'd rather not risk the possibility of having to fight two more Anathema when the first one went iconic.

30. - Top - End - #30

PirateGuy

Well, he had the "Invulnerable Skin of Bronze" spell up, and was wearing heavy armor. Yes, in the middle of the night - he had been told the Wyld Hunt was in the vicinity. It's not exactly like the Immaculates lost, though - simply put, after five rounds of plinking away at this guy for minimum damage, they decided that they'd rather not risk the possibility of having to fight two more Anathema when the first one went iconic.
    Good decision to beat feet after he went iconic, solars usually travel in packs(not like he is hard to miss by the others at that point).
    Last edited by Cashius; 2011-02-23 at 04:13 PM.