New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Cohort Build Advice

I'm playing in a 2 person campaign. The DM(also running his pc- a candle caster) and myself(running an incantrix focused on metamagic-ing everything).

We are starting out at 6th level, and I'm taking Leadership. I will get a 5th level cohort.

The character goals are to build up my own adventurers guild, in addition to ultimate arcane power of course.

I would like suggestions on potential cohorts. Keep in mind, currently just 2 mages working together. All core and Fearun stuff is in no question. For feats almost any legit source. Spells all from core and fearun, and special permission/no cheese. Characters/prcs from anywhere.

I'll throw one out first.

Melee clericzilla would fit well. Ability to get on the front lines without to much trouble. Add healing between combats and use of healing wands, etc...

Any others you think would fit this campaign or be very helpful?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Cohort Build Advice

Quote Originally Posted by d20srd
    Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.
    Cleric wouldn't be a bad choice, if you can find one willing to slum around with two wizards. Incidentally, what's your alignment? Might help avoid non-viable suggestions (like paladin if you're chaotic or evil).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

spellfire dwarven chain fighter w/ tripper build.

With it's high con the two mages and keep him amp'd up with the rest of the spells at the end of the day for in free in battle healing. Just think of him as crowd control and an in-battle HP battery. With the PRC he could fire the healing bolts at you from a distance.
    Computer use and information blog at:
    http://www.examiner.com/x-41452-Okla...and-Assistance
    Click and comment please. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Post Re: Cohort Build Advice

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSleep View Post
    I'm playing in a 2 person campaign. The DM(also running his pc- a candle caster) and myself(running an incantrix focused on metamagic-ing everything).

We are starting out at 6th level, and I'm taking Leadership. I will get a 5th level cohort.
    Actually he would be at most a 4th level character currently!
    My Homebrews

Spoiler
    Show
    What D&D race are you most like?

My Results:

Half - Elf Not quite human and not quite elf you can learn the ways of sword and magic, but are sometimes clouded with human emotions.

Request a Homebrew Requests #169, 170, & 313

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kyoten View Post
    Actually he would be at most a 4th level character currently!
    From memory, there is a leadership feat in HoB that boosts max cohort level to your level -1.