New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Enchantments on fellow PCs?

I was just wondering how people felt about your party members using magic to manipulate your character, frankly I'm kind of undecided. One one hand, it's usually no fun not being able to control your own character, so Dominate spells seem a little too far, except maybe in extreme circumstances, and with the player's permission. On the other hand, something like charm or suggestion could be potentially seen as a good opportunity for role-playing, if a little tricky... again I think I would want permission to be asked and granted first.
    Ponified Remilia avatar by Kurien.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayardSPSR View Post
    Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?
    Attempt at converting the characters of Touhou to the world of D&D 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181050

Attempt at converting Berserk characters to 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186155

Attempt at converting Geralt of Rivia to 3.5:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208270

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Enchantments on fellow PCs?

I do it on occasion, but only for funny reasons/jokes.

That, or to keep a character from killing mine...
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I'm against any sort of PvP, except in EXTREME in-character circumstances. It's one of the main reasons I only play tabletop RPGs and no MMOs or other online games.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I say if you start to charm another character, you are openly stating that you see him as either a danger to your plans, or a slave to command.
    In either case, you are now said characters enemy.

So it comes down to the question if the group allows intra-party conflict or not. Depending on the character I play, I would probably try to get the offending character out of the party. One way or another.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm against it, just because I think it's bad to control how another character acts. If you need to rely on enchantments to stop the group from killing each other or some such it's probably already too late.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

depends on the maturity level of the group involved. and the circumstances behind it...
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.