New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default A little Ruby Knight Vindicater help (PF)

I liked the flavor and look of the RKV (and don't intend to windicator at all), so I started off heading toward it with my cleric, but am sitting conflicted on how to properly progress it. We are using pathfinder, but I can use aura castings/day instead of turn attempts. Also means I get more feats than normal.

Currently just 1st level cleric, and need to take my second. There is another, more spell focused cleric in the party, so I don't feel too pressured to keep my casting up to par, but would like to get some combat healing in (which the crusader is good for). Not sure what I'll do after RKV, or even how high our levels will get in total.

Originally was looking at c4/cru1/rkv, but now thinking of going c2/cru3/rkv to let me pick up zealous surge and snag 3rd level maneuvers at rkv 1.

What would be the best order of taking the first five levels, and if perhaps I ought to rethink how many levels of each I take before RKV.

Thanks for the help
    Binders are just hipster clerics
    Party member - "What god do you worship?"
    Binder - "He died like 1000 years ago, you've probably never heard of him" *sips coffee*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A little Ruby Knight Vindicater help (PF)

If you're not concerned about losing caster levels, the best route to RKV would probably be something like crusader1/cleric2/crusader3. You get crusader HD and skill points to start with, not to mention the maneuvers, then gain some casting and conveniently delay the crusader 2 to IL 3 where you can select 2nd level stance. Also gets you 3rd level stance when you enter RKV.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Only issue is I already took cleric 1. But going cleric 2/crus 4 before RKV would be better than just cl2/cru3?
    Binder - "He died like 1000 years ago, you've probably never heard of him" *sips coffee*

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Natael View Post
    Only issue is I already took cleric 1. But going cleric 2/crus 4 before RKV would be better than just cl2/cru3?
    Not really. Crusader 4 only boosts Steely Resolve from 5 to 10, but by level 6 that's not huge, and it'll steadily drop in usefulness as you level. I'd rather enter RKV for it's goodies.

Out of curiosity, which deity do you follow?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    If you're not concerned about losing caster levels, the best route to RKV would probably be something like crusader1/cleric2/crusader3. You get crusader HD and skill points to start with, not to mention the maneuvers, then gain some casting and conveniently delay the crusader 2 to IL 3 where you can select 2nd level stance.
    There are exactly none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    There are exactly none.
    Right, but if there were, you could pick 'em.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    Not really. Crusader 4 only boosts Steely Resolve from 5 to 10, but by level 6 that's not huge, and it'll steadily drop in usefulness as you level. I'd rather enter RKV for it's goodies.

Out of curiosity, which deity do you follow?
    I'm a LN gnomish follower of Wee Jas.

Would Cl1/Cru1/cl1/cru2 best the best way to spread out my abilities before RKV?