Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Spells for a third level Archivist

So, we have an Archivist in the party. What spells are awesome? We should be able to get hold of divine scrolls pretty easily; the Archivist is a devotee of the knowledge god Mahsti, and all her fellow worshippers maintain hoards of knowledge.

The rest of the party is an Artificer, a lockdown focused Crusader (me!) and a Druid. The Druid's not focused on spellcasting, so don't worry about duplicating her list.
    Some characters of mine: http://lmaorpg.proboards.com/index.c...read=90&page=1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Spells for a third level Archivist

Read the handbooks of every divine caster he has scrolls for, starting with Cleric and Druid. Scroll down to the "recommended spells" section

There are way too many possible spells for Archivists to give you a comprehensive recommendation; narrow it down to a short-list of what he likes and we can help you choose from there.

One that I will recommend without reservation is Lesser Restoration as a first-level spell (from the Paladin list.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Quote Originally Posted by gogogome View Post
    Cheers to Psyren the MVP "naysayer".
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

The character is Evil, and she wants her spell lst to reflect that. What level 1 and 2 spells are there with a nicely evil flavour?

Blinding Spittle and Spider Hand look good so far.

Edit: what's the spell that lets you learn everything in a book by touching it?
    Last edited by PanNarrans; 2011-02-04 at 06:56 AM.
    Some characters of mine: http://lmaorpg.proboards.com/index.c...read=90&page=1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PanNarrans View Post
    The character is Evil, and she wants her spell lst to reflect that. What level 1 and 2 spells are there with a nicely evil flavour?

Blinding Spittle and Spider Hand look good so far.

Edit: what's the spell that lets you learn everything in a book by touching it?
    Scholar's touch, I think, one book per round, lvl 1 spell.