New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] Rounding out Dynamic Priest

I just borrowed Dragonlance's Legends of the Twins from a buddy of mine and found the wonderful feat 'Dynamic Spellcaster'. For those without the book, it lets you use CHA as your spellcasting stat for a single divine class, but only for purposes of spells/day and maximum spell level. Spell save DCs are explicitly unaffected.

This feat is incredible. INCREDIBLE! Granted, you'd need to build around it, but if you take a quick look at PersonMan's 'X Stat to Y Bonus' thread, it will quickly become apparent that CHA is the easiest stat to optimize around.

I feel the feat would work particularly well for DMM clerics, who want to get their CHA as high as possible to begin with. Particularly for DMM Persist builds, who don't much care for spell save DCs anyways.

I'm interested, though, if there's and additional feat, ACF, class feature, or what have you that would help round out this feat. Something that changes DCs to CHA would be the obvious choice, but if there is something less obvious I'd love to hear it!

p.s.
    I love this feat. I think I'll make an order of militaristic, DMM Persist fueled clerics in my homebrewed campaign setting based entirely around it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Rounding out Dynamic Priest

It's something of a standard for Favoured Souls, Spirits Shaman and Paladins (thought the latter can grab the Serenity for Wis, too).
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.