New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default [3.5] Evil-Themed Sor/Wiz Spells

They don't need to have the [Evil] descriptor or anything, they just need to be debuffs that a particularly evil, sadistic bastard would use.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [3.5] Evil-Themed Sor/Wiz Spells

I always found the mind-altering spells to be the creepiest, potentially most evil spells, but for evil-looking stuff, Enervation provides a good aesthetic.

Blindness/Deafness is a jerk move, especially when used on someone unimportant for no reason other than spite. "Hah, you go ahead and try to cure that permanent blindness on your one silver a day salary, town guardsman!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I'd say BoVD takes the cake in this department, with such gems as "Eternity of Torture" and "Mindrape".
    Ponified Remilia avatar by Kurien.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayardSPSR View Post
    Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?
    Attempt at converting the characters of Touhou to the world of D&D 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181050

Attempt at converting Berserk characters to 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186155

Attempt at converting Geralt of Rivia to 3.5:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208270

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Well one spell that isn't a debuff, but aids in the use of debuffs is Graz’zt’s Long Grasp. Detach one hand, and use it to deliver touch spells.

Course you need to make sure you use the erratta for it, that allows your hand to regrow in case it gets destroyed. (Just like disembodied hand for the warlock)

Poison spell is a great "metamagic" feat to take. Doesn't increase the level, but you have to use a poison as a material comp. The enemies take the effect of the poison if they fail its fortsave.

Call of Dread or something like that. Necromancy spell, complete mage. AoE debuff on everything within 10 feet of you. Works great with poison spell. And if you got the FEATS book, you can do even more with it.

Fins to Feet - Fighting an mind flayer? Cast this spell. Tentacles become humanoid feat and legs. A bit DM fiant, but many DMs will probably find it so amusing that they will let it pass. (Unless its one that was in love with his mind flayer and so wanted to suck your brains out with it.)

Continual Light - If you can make an enemy helpless or otherwise submitted to your will, you could always cast this on his eyeballs.

From the book of erotic fantasy.. Undress. Makes everything the person is wearing fall to the ground except magical stuff.

Grope - just as it sounds, causes a disturbing feeling for the victim because of the groping.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Charm Person and all the other Charm line.
    "You're now my friend, whether you like it or not."
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

6. - Top - End - #6
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Charm Person and all the other Charm line.
    "You're now my friend, whether you like it or not."
    I actually don't think charms are all that bad. Compulsions, sure, but charm effects... nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I actually don't think charms are all that bad. Compulsions, sure, but charm effects... nah.
    Charm is worse. Compulsion overrides someone's free will, yes, but the effects are extremely obvious. You're basically making them a meat robot. Evil, yes, but charm, oh Charm is much worse. It subverts your free will. When under the effects of charm you want to do those things, this person is your friend after all, and friends help each other, yes?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Necrotic Skull Bomb. It has a skull and drains your life force, it's got to be evil, right?

avascular mass! [evil] descriptor, the image of this spell is just utterly disgusting.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Avascular Mass causes your viscera to burst out of you and grapple everything nearby, including you.

Extract Water Elemental pulls the water out of a creature and animates it as a water elemental.

Charm is worse. Compulsion overrides someone's free will, yes, but the effects are extremely obvious. You're basically making them a meat robot. Evil, yes, but charm, oh Charm is much worse. It subverts your free will. When under the effects of charm you want to do those things, this person is your friend after all, and friends help each other, yes?
    At least you get a save.
    Diplomacy is worse.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Touch of Idiocy, Ray of Stupidity, Ray of Enfeeblement, Lesser Shivering Touch

What? According to BoED ability damage is pure, unadulterated evil!

Bestow Curse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faceroll View Post
    At least you get a save.
    Diplomacy is worse.
    Only when abused in way that should have any sane DM slam upside othe player the head with their own PHB. I understand the need to have social skills to aid those who have none yet wish to play those who do as well as a way adjudicate fairly actions beyond the scope of role play.
    But gaming the system this way is wrong, IMNHO.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Evrad's Black Tentecles. Mybe not strictly a debuff, but definately evil-flvored, imo.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Evrad's Black Tentecles. Mybe not strictly a debuff, but definately evil-flvored, imo.
    Well, you know, licorice does get top villain billing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Wither Limb (BoVD) is hilarious, and it's only 2nd level.
    Some characters of mine: http://lmaorpg.proboards.com/index.c...read=90&page=1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Only when abused in way that should have any sane DM slam upside othe player the head with their own PHB. I understand the need to have social skills to aid those who have none yet wish to play those who do as well as a way adjudicate fairly actions beyond the scope of role play.
    But gaming the system this way is wrong, IMNHO.
    Roll dice, determine friends.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Mindrape, Programmed Amnesia and Sanctify the Wicked all allow disturbing, permanent alterations to a person's mind against their will. I think StW and Programmed Amnesia can at least be reversed, having a duration of Permanent instead of instantaneous. Sanctify the Wicked has some great potential for misuse by seriously misguided 'inflexible force of good' villains, as it is a [good] spell. IMO the absolute creepiest 'annihilation of personality' spell a person can inflict is Mind Seed, but it's for Telepath Psions.
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2011-02-07 at 09:21 AM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    That really depends on how imaginative you want to be with it....
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.