New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

[Battle With Sereg]

Even as the strange "whip-Cero" was lashing out, the SCAR droids were flitting to surround it. Even as they did, some of the raw red energy was siphoned away into the floating techno-eyes, reducing the force of the oncoming blow.

Meanwhile, several were intercepting what was left of some of the kido that had flown past Sereg, keeping city damage to a minimum.

Finally, a large bulk of the rest were at the edges of the cloud of mist. Mist formed from semi-transformed spirit energy. Energy that was even now being siphoned away.

It was clear it was only somewhat effective; in some places, the mist seemed to thicken, and even drip; but in other places, it thinned noticeably.

"You fool! Don't know you know anything about SCIENCE!"

With that exclamation, Dynamic Steel let loose with a short, focused burst of his gun, the bullets screaming through the air at incredible speed.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Aura]

Aura arrives at the meeting place, which happens to be in a park near the outskirts of Phoenix Town, and scans the area for clues. She doesn't seem to notice anything of interest.

[Sora]

Sora sits back on the couch, rather annoyed by his recent interaction with Elder. He seems to be waiting for someone, rather impatiently.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-11 at 11:46 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister

Von Geister stops his stride for a moment to look towards a building.

And then he sonidos. Reappearing terribly near Mayumi, staring her down from behind. Blight scatters around him, breathing in whatever living beings are in the air, taking from their meager senses a picture of events as they transpired.

"It looks to me like Sereg just might not need his head bashed in this time. It looks like it is all your fault, after all."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

Vincent grins when the Arrancar's leg gets blasted off. He immediately sends an order to a SCAR droid to collect it. If he could figure out how this monster worked...

Meanwhile, he raised his bow to fire several arrows. Most were fired to the sides to intercept the Kido, assisting the SCAR droids and making up for the lose of the one he had ordered to do otherwise. However, one of them, approximately equal to a level 4 Hado, was sent screaming towards Sereg's arm; specifically, the arm firing the Cero. He could either move his arm and redirect the blast, or lose the arm. Vincent was fine either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister

Von Geister stops his stride for a moment to look towards a building.

And then he sonidos. Reappearing terribly near Mayumi, staring her down from behind. Blight scatters around him, breathing in whatever living beings are in the air, taking from their meager senses a picture of events as they transpired.

"It looks to me like Sereg just might not need his head bashed in this time. It looks like it is all your fault, after all."
    Mayumi would have continued firing, but the presence behind her causes her to freeze in horror. She had never felt such sheer malevolence from anything, even the Arrancar. As she turned to face the being behind her, she took in its appearance. It was certainly an Arrancar; its human form had that same sense of a predator. And even beyond that, his reiatsu burned like dark fire, as if it threatened to engulf Mayumi without any exertion from its source. She forced herself to hold her ground (in the air) before this horror.

"Are you addressing me?" She asked him. She felt very proud of the fact that her voice hadn't wavered at all. Being a teacher had its perks. For some reason though, she didn't imagine that her teacher stare would work on him.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-05-12 at 03:19 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister

"There is no one else here, is there?"

The ghost king extends his hand towards Mayumi's neck, a warm smile on his face.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, another Senkaimon opens, and Captain Hayashi Natsuko steps out next to Von Geister.

"Von Geister-san, I'd like to request a mutual stand-down to prevent this from escalating any further. If you get your man to stand down, I'll instruct my people to do the same, and try to convince third parties involved to stand down too."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-12 at 06:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Aura]

Aura arrives at the meeting place, which happens to be in a park near the outskirts of Phoenix Town, and scans the area for clues. She doesn't seem to notice anything of interest.
    Aura hears the engine of the 18-wheeler just before it heaves into view its driver, hidden behind the white cab's privacy glass, braking hard and stopping it far faster than seems feasible.

The driver's door on the cab opens, and the Concierge climbs out. The driver glances out over the park, eventually picking out Aura. It gives a quick jab towards the trailer with its thumb.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken did indeed feel the powerful energies flowing about, but he chose not to try to track them and made a point of hiding the pressure they brought upon him. "Anyway, you asked what I'd do. Of course I'll also train to get stronger and fight them even when they don't come looking for me. If you want to proactively protect people then so do I. Besides, I want to achieve the full potential of my powers and fighting hollows will help me do that."
    Sayaka
    [Houheiden]
    "I'm going to train." Sayaka said suddenly. She had a determined look on her face. Despite the terrible burden of the spiritual energy in the city- at least here at the shrine the burden was not so heavy.

Sayaka tied up her sleeves and prepared herself. "If you want to spar, then prepare yourself." Sayaka said with her determined look.

This evening she could study later. But now at least she wanted to practice.

Kazari
    [City]

A junior high school student youkai necklace was running down a street with a fierce look on her face.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-05-12 at 11:21 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

The Meeting Place

Just behind Aura, a man with a hat over his head and a heavy jacket sighs. He holds a rose to Aura. "Hello." Whether or not she takes it, the man walks around her, slowly making his way to the trailer. Once or twice, he sniffs a rose of his own, though it shines in the light and has faint and smokey color rather than the vivid red and green. His hat hides his face almost completely, though for a moment Aura can catch a glance of his piercing blue eyes. He turns and waits for her to cross over to them.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

Von Geister

"There is no one else here, is there?"

The ghost king extends his hand towards Mayumi's neck, a warm smile on his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Suddenly, another Senkaimon opens, and Captain Hayashi Natsuko steps out next to Von Geister.

"Von Geister-san, I'd like to request a mutual stand-down to prevent this from escalating any further. If you get your man to stand down, I'll instruct my people to do the same, and try to convince third parties involved to stand down too."
    Mayumi instinctively dashes away from the outstretched hand, landing on a rather distant rooftop as her platform of reiryoku vanishes. Josiah, Allan and the others might notice her Ginto moving away from the battle as she brings them back to watch Von Geister. She was just bringing her bow up to bear when Natsuko appears, almost causing her to drop her bow. Another gate bearing another spiritual being? Was it today? Was it just the town? Mayumi couldn't fathom what was bringing these creatures to her doorstep, but she was getting awfully tired of it.

Her bow at the ready, she decided to wait and see what the Arrancar would say to the Shinigami's proposal. To Mayumi's senses, both were extremely powerful, and there was already a fight going on with one powerful being. The town couldn't handle too many more.

Elsewhere in Phoenix Town

Cassandra looked up from her perch atop the school building. Ever since her battle with those children, she'd grown rather fond of the place. But now she felt presences, and a great many of them, threaten to disturb her search. She wondered idly how the other Samsara were getting on, and hoped that they weren't involved with these beings. If either The Ghost King or the Seireitei learned of their existence...

Cassandra shuddered at the very thought as she jumped off of her perch and took off for the center of town. She still had people to tag, and very few clones left to do it. Now it was mostly hands-on.

But that was the part that she loved best.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Rooftops

Von Geister sighs.

"Maybe I should have used some spores... Bah, irrelevant."

He then turns to Natsuko.

"I am terribly offended by the implication that I cannot make my soldiers and commanders stop. The humans might be a concern, however."

Von Geister scratches his chin.

"Well, when some of the cows go ill, the farmer needs to put them down anyway. Follow me, if you can, captain."

Von Geister vanishes in sonido, appearing once more in the midst of combat.

"Fun time is over all of you. Stand down."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground

1864 froze in place at Von Geister's presence. He could sense his sheer strength, and was torn momentarily between being scolded by his superiors for obeying someone not in the chain of command and being potentially eviscerated.

"Should I comply, sir?" He asked Vincent.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

Vincent stares in horror at this new arrival. The sheer force of his reiatsu was...overpowering. Such a being was...magnificent.

"Yes, Subject. Stand down." Vincent said slowly and quietly, as if not wanting to draw the newcomer's attention. But quickly and out of the sight of Von Geister, he hand-signed for 1864 to remain alert for attacks.

While staring at Von Geister, Vincent idly wondered if his last arrow had hit.
    Star Wars iTP characters

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

[Battlefield]

"Bakudo #81: Danku!" The transparent shield blocks the cero, but breaks almost instantly, still sending Hibiki sprawling with his clothes and skin somewhat singed. He prepares himself for another assault...

Then the Ghost King himself appears. Eye twitching, he quickly makes for a nearby manhole, retreating to the sewers.

[Elsewhere...]

Ryouichi exits the senkai gate opened by Kazuo, observing his surroundings and feeling around for his next destination: Von Geister. In a matter of seconds he's gone in a flash of shunpo.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dynamic Steel froze when Von Geister appeared. Probably because some of his sensors nearly overloaded in his face; he was again thankful for the breakers installed. He carefully powered down his suit's weaponry and had the SCARs move back some. When his voice came out of his external speakers and the radio, it betrayed none of his nerves.

"All forces stand down. Now."

His next words were softer, not carried over the radio, and directed at the non-living beings present.

"Your move."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-13 at 11:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

No longer a battlefield

Von Gesiter smiles to the sky with his eyes closed, rubbing his chin.

"Well. Unless that lass decides to try and shoot me as well, I believe we will be returning to Las Noches now."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    The Meeting Place

Just behind Aura, a man with a hat over his head and a heavy jacket sighs. He holds a rose to Aura. "Hello." Whether or not she takes it, the man walks around her, slowly making his way to the trailer. Once or twice, he sniffs a rose of his own, though it shines in the light and has faint and smokey color rather than the vivid red and green. His hat hides his face almost completely, though for a moment Aura can catch a glance of his piercing blue eyes. He turns and waits for her to cross over to them.
    Aura returns the man's greeting with a curt nod. Contrary to her persona around most, on the job she's fairly cold and unamused. She saunters towards the trailer, and stands in front of it.

"Shall we?"

The tone is cold, flat, and unfeeling. Not a trace of her usual amusement, or even emotion, is there.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-13 at 10:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Orc in the Playground

[Fushichou]

Ryouichi appears not far from Von Geister, instantly balancing on the air. "I suggest you keep better leash on your pets. This is dangerous ground, old ghost."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Josiah is sweating bullets in his armor now. He opens a radio back to base.

"SWORD Base, be advised we have two high-class spiritual beings on the field. Energy signatures plus visual identification confirm they are Ghost King Von Geister and Commander-General Ryouichi."

He paused to swallow nervously.

"I repeat, the Ghost King and the Commander-General are here. In the mortal world. About 50 feet away from me. We are standing down. I am having the others withdraw. I will remain to observe, record, and study."

The other SWORD agents in the field will receive secure comm signals.

"Back to base. Now. I'll record it and we can go over it later. These two are too much for us."

His weapons are stowed, but his posture is tense as he hovers in the air on jets of condensed spiritual energy.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

The Concierge opens the trailer up, and gestures to the passengers to enter.

((OOC:Terry, tgva and berry only))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon entering the trailer, Aura and Armin will see three reishi-ammunition gatling gun turret emplacements built in to the trailer's structure. One covers the trailer's gate, and two are built into runners allowing them to extend out of the trailer's sides. A fourth turret has been affixed to a large forklift truck with an obviously heavily-modified engine and several canisters labeled N20.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Battle With Sereg]

Even as the strange "whip-Cero" was lashing out, the SCAR droids were flitting to surround it. Even as they did, some of the raw red energy was siphoned away into the floating techno-eyes, reducing the force of the oncoming blow.

Meanwhile, several were intercepting what was left of some of the kido that had flown past Sereg, keeping city damage to a minimum.

Finally, a large bulk of the rest were at the edges of the cloud of mist. Mist formed from semi-transformed spirit energy. Energy that was even now being siphoned away.

It was clear it was only somewhat effective; in some places, the mist seemed to thicken, and even drip; but in other places, it thinned noticeably.

"You fool! Don't know you know anything about SCIENCE!"

With that exclamation, Dynamic Steel let loose with a short, focused burst of his gun, the bullets screaming through the air at incredible speed.
    Sereg sticks to his plan and fired the cero toward Hibiki, the piercing shaft of the quincy's arrow mangling most of his arm even as the bullets fly toward him. Sereg's spun slightly by the quincy arrow, causing many of the bullets to miss and the others to only minimally injure the Espada. As Geister appears he bows deeply, blood slowly beginning to pool under him from his multiple wounds. "Lord Von Geister, I'm sorry I've caused so much trouble."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister morphs three small claws on his cane and uses it to scratch at his back.

"Your diplomatic skills are as sharp as ever kid. Which is not a compliment. Nations have gone to war for less derisive comments than that one, you know."

He then turns an eye to Sereg.

"Apologise less, pike off more, Septima Espada Sereg Arturo."
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-13 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

"I've had a bad day. Perhaps you heard about it. The Primera attacked Soul Society earlier. If I didn't know better I'd say it were a declaration of war, but she's always been a loose cannon." The commander taps his fingers on the hilt of Jisei. "This is unacceptable fare. To be absolutely frank, from the bottom of my very soul I hate you and your kind, Ghost King, but that does not mean that a ceasefire agreement held from the time of the last commander need be cast aside."

"Would you agree?" He looks fairly tired.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, so that is what she was up to when I gave her orders to find out who killed my son. Hmm... Should I consider that as contumacy? Hmm..."

Von Geister snaps out of his rambling to adress Ryouichi once more.

"I must say the feeling is mutual Ryouichi, and I must say it is terribly grievous that whatever Genoveva did has aggravated you enough to come pester me with the minutiae of your miserable little week when the situation, fully to blame on a single overeager mortal wench, might I add, is already well under control and would have been well under control without you or adorable lady Hayashi showing up to stink up the plane."

Von Geister brings his cane to the front, tapping it on the floor twice, opening a garganta behind himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Houheiden]
    "I'm going to train." Sayaka said suddenly. She had a determined look on her face. Despite the terrible burden of the spiritual energy in the city- at least here at the shrine the burden was not so heavy.

Sayaka tied up her sleeves and prepared herself. "If you want to spar, then prepare yourself." Sayaka said with her determined look.

This evening she could study later. But now at least she wanted to practice.
    "Alright. I was actually just about to ask how you planned on training and if I could join you." Ken too readied himself, his fists held high and close to his face. He faced his opponent with a peaceful countenance.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ah, so that is what she was up to when I gave her orders to find out who killed my son. Hmm... Should I consider that as contumacy? Hmm..."

"I must say the feeling is mutual Ryouichi, and I must say it is terribly grievous that whatever Genoveva did has aggravated you enough to come pester me with the minutiae of your miserable little week when the situation, fully to blame on a single overeager mortal wench, might I add, is already well under control and would have been well under control without you or adorable lady Hayashi showing up to stink up the plane."

Von Geister brings his cane to the front, tapping it on the floor twice, opening a garganta behind himself.
    Sereg gives a short nod and a sarcastic salute to the collected forces around him before stepping through the garganta behind Geister.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya - On the way to the Mortal World

As Aya and Shishiou are moving through the Senkaimon and towards the Mortal World, Aya remains tense and stressful. Finally, in the privacy of the space between realms, Aya decides to speak.

"Its only fair that you know a little bit about my history with Captain Takeshi. I hail from the same lawless area of Rukongai as Kitano Takeshi, he was the leader of a band of brothers, if you know what I mean. I was the daughter of a very successful water merchant. Now successful merchant and lawless area of Rukongai would normally not be found together, but it was the auspices of Takeshi's gang, his protection and his work, that made my father's work possible." Aya sighs as she takes a trip down memory lane, her voice carries the tone of reminiscence.

"I was my family's only child, and my father didn't care if he didn't have a son. He prepared me to take over his business by teaching me everything he knows. In his heart, he wanted an alliance between myself and Takeshi. He knows that Takeshi is a man of ability and honor, and for lacking a son, he wants a son in law whom he knows will take care of his business and me." Aya carries on, blushing a little on the way.

"When my father introduced Takeshi to me, I was so quiet at that time. I just sat there, ready to hear and accept anything he says. He didn't say much, just look at me, I wonder if I had something on my face then." Aya laughs. "Anyway my duty was to my family and to him and I have no regrets accepting this fate from my father. And in Takeshi's presence, I could sense his reiatsu and the density of his reiryoku. That was also when I started having hunger pangs the likes I have ever seen. You know the drill, water isn't good enough for us anymore." Aya smiles, recalling that her reiatsu was so desperate for some nourishment that it set itself upon Aya, whose will held it back so desperately at first that her hair turned mostly white, leaving streaks of raven black that dances across the white surface.

"Takeshi would visit often after he heard that I fell ill. He recommended several doctors, all didn't know what to do. I guess, Takeshi didn't know what to do with me. He would just sit there, silent, hardly even looking at me. I think he must have felt that he might be getting a sickly wife. I felt embarrassed, that the one man I am supposed to serve and devote my life to could think that I am unfit for the task. When my father contacted the 4th Division for their healers, there was a look in his eyes, a sort of knowing? He left the area shortly after they had arrived."

"Then my father discovered that I have awoken my reiatsu, and should be sent to the Academy to train myself. He was glad, because I am fine and now I could be greater than what he had originally intended. He said that Takeshi had left for the Shinigami Academy shortly after the 4th Division came. So I went after him." Aya smiles and shakes her head, thinking about herself in the past. Was that why she was so good at pursuit and capture? Chasing after people might be the primary theme of her life.

"You know Takeshi's reputation at the Academy, and how I stuck by him silently. People think I'm some dumbstruck girl attracted to this bad boy. I didn't care. I know I have duty, and the gratitude that he did what he could to protect my family and let them prosper. So this is why it is simply impossible that Takeshi would just take a bunch of Kido Corp members and defect. He works hard to be the Captain of the Corp, why would he abandon his hard work and the rest of his Corp members? This isn't like him at all." Aya shakes her head again. There must be something at work to influence his decisions like that. Something drastic.

"So you could imagine why I am so eager to chase after him. I...like him a lot, and I believe him to be innocent of whatever acts of treason. I just need to know why, and knowing why can help him."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-14 at 06:37 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #598

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    The Concierge opens the trailer up, and gestures to the passengers to enter.

((OOC:Terry, tgva and berry only))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon entering the trailer, Aura and Armin will see three reishi-ammunition gatling gun turret emplacements built in to the trailer's structure. One covers the trailer's gate, and two are built into runners allowing them to extend out of the trailer's sides. A fourth turret has been affixed to a large forklift truck with an obviously heavily-modified engine and several canisters labeled N20.
    Aura raises an eyebrow at the fortifications.

"You sure you've got enough firepower here? You might run into an Espada. Or a tank."

The sarcasm drips from her voice like water from a faucet.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

"...I suggest we meet sometime soon to redetermine the terms of our ceasefire." Ryouichi doesn't flinch.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "...I suggest we meet sometime soon to redetermine the terms of our ceasefire." Ryouichi doesn't flinch.
    "You know where to find me, in that case."

Von Geister turns his back and walks into the spatial rift.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing