New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Items that buff concentration!

Long story short, I am making a swordsage. I want to be using Diamond Mind... a lot. So please playgrounders, what items are out there that give me buffs to concentration?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Items that buff concentration!

Third Eye Concentrate(MIC 141) and Tunic of Steady Spellcasting(MIC 144). You could also have a custom one made for higher bonuses.

Also, while its not an item, there is the feat Steady Concentration in Races of Stone that is a very big boon to Concentration checks.

Note: The two I mentioned won't stack due to being the same type of bonus.
    Last edited by Suichimo; 2011-02-09 at 12:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Third Eye Concentrate(MIC 141) and Tunic of Steady Spellcasting(MIC 144). You could also have a custom one made for higher bonuses.

Also, while its not an item, there is the feat Steady Concentration in Races of Stone that is a very big boon to Concentration checks.
    Alright, I'm digging the Third Eye Concentrate and the Steady Concentration feat... but for the feat: how useful is it for a Swordsage in taking 10 on concentration checks?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Personally, I think that it is a great feat for anyone with access to Diamond Mind, as long as they're using it. At 10th level, you effectively have a minimum of +23 to all saves and there are other good things in Diamond Mind that use Concentration.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

And the fact that I'm an Illithid totally helps...

...any more items though?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-02-12 at 02:49 AM.