New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Looking for 3.5 D&D Magazine Ad

So, I remember seeing a D&D ad a long time ago, before I knew what the game was. I remember on one page was a picture of some sort of starter box (red, with a fiery dragon), and on the other page was a blue-inked notepaper sketch of a paladin. There was also a CGI beholder who had just sizzled one of the corners of the notepaper.

I remember that the ad was in Boy's Life, and that's about it.

Any chance someone can help me find it?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for 3.5 D&D Magazine Ad

Closest I could find is this, but I don't think it's the one you're looking for?

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for 3.5 D&D Magazine Ad

Not quite, but it intriguingly has that same visual design. The D&D box was on the left page, and the beholder and paladin were on the right. It was a two-page spread.

Definitely an ad that was done within the past 15 years, I'd say. So, most likely 3E or 3.5E.

I just remembered that it featured the words "Make" and "Believe" in the advertisement.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.