New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Monk's Belt

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Monk's Belt

Can someone explain to me how a Monk's Belt works in 3.5. I'm playing a Cleric and would love to add my wisdom modifier to my ac, but would it mean that I couldn't wear other armor?

Also I'm rolling up a ninth level cleric. Does anyone have any other suggestions about what kind of equipment I should purchase?
    awesome blues brothers avatar by strategos

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Monk's Belt

The Monk's Belt grants an armor bonus to AC, so it would not stack with actual armor - the higher number would apply.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Correct. You would get wisdom+1 to AC, but it wouldn't work if you were wearing armor. Better on a druid or a cloistered cleric.

Edit: Correction to the person above me. It doesn't count as an armor bonus. If you get bracers of armor or someone casts armor on you, that would stack.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 2011-02-17 at 08:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cisturn View Post
    Can someone explain to me how a Monk's Belt works in 3.5. I'm playing a Cleric and would love to add my wisdom modifier to my ac, but would it mean that I couldn't wear other armor?
    Yes, though you can use Bracers of Armor or spells such as Greater Luminous Armor [Book of Exalted Deeds] that provide you with a magical "armor".

Quote Originally Posted by Cisturn View Post
    Also I'm rolling up a ninth level cleric. Does anyone have any other suggestions about what kind of equipment I should purchase?
    Depends on your sources; some useful Metamagic Rods, Strand of Prayer Beads, Ankh of Ascension [MiC], Circlet of Rapid Casting [MiC], etc. are all good. Generally, stuff that improves your magic one way or another tends to be the way to go; metamagic, caster level, etc.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.