New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default punching weapons?

ive been looking for punching weapons, and have found several in my books, but can anyone direct me to a dnd complete weapons list online? or do you know where i can find stats for punching weapons like brass knuckles?

my character is a int based monk 1/swash 3/Psychic rogue 1, that is a kick boxer type fighter. (the monk is flavored as prior boot camp experience). the ward cestus is the closest thing ive found to what i am looking for (not looking slashing/piercing weapons and much as blunt), but doesnt have its own damage (in sword and fist)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: punching weapons?

Gauntlet is pretty much the same as brass knuckles, functionally. Punching dagger is obviously a punching weapon, though a piercing one.

I doubt you'll get much more damage than the monk's 1d6 out of any punching weapon without size shenanigans.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Int-based monk? You best have the Carmendine Monk feat then!

That said, Arms and Equipment Guide has a boatload of weapons, you should look in there.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Dragon Compendium has a good selection of weapons. The Panther Claw from that book is a cool variant of the punching dagger.

DM[F]R
    Pelor's White Flame, where the sun has been extinguished, arcana is disappearing, and the undead are taking the world for their own.

Espisito, NG Elf Ranger 9/ Skylord 4
    Mandar, CG Half-Vampire Human Archivist 9/Tainted Scholar 3
    Maximillian, LG Human Knight 8/Annointed Knight 3/ Legendary Leader 3
    Melahen, CG Human Sorcerer 4/Mage of the Arcane Order 9/Archmage 1

RIP Masm, Goodbye Castiel

More Truenamer utterances Here

Epic Dwarf Binder avatar by me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Annulus View Post
    Int-based monk? You best have the Carmendine Monk feat then!

That said, Arms and Equipment Guide has a boatload of weapons, you should look in there.
    kung fu genius actually :)
    Last edited by SylvanPrincess; 2011-02-21 at 02:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanPrincess View Post
    kung fu genius actually :)
    Carmendine Monk is the same thing, but with the ability to count your monk level as higher.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Carmendine Monk is the same thing, but with the ability to count your monk level as higher.
    Carmendine also specifically mentions Stunning Fist. Some people argue that, since anybody can get Stunning Fist when they get the prereqs, that it's not a 'monk special ability' for the purposes of Kung Fu Genius. I don't make that argument myself, but if your DM does, that's handy.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Carmendine also specifically mentions Stunning Fist. Some people argue that, since anybody can get Stunning Fist when they get the prereqs, that it's not a 'monk special ability' for the purposes of Kung Fu Genius. I don't make that argument myself, but if your DM does, that's handy.
    it also has the requirement of having to belong to the carmendine order or something. i dunno, im pleased with kung fu genius though, its all i need really. provides me some int synergy with swashbuckler. the carmendine features are nice too, for sure. perhaps ill switch it up

this is by far the most fun ive had with a character, the ability to deal unarmed damage +int +dex +str, +sneak attack is awesome, all i have to do is hit something :) of course i wont get dex to damage till next level when i take hit-and-run/sneak attack fighter 1