New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [PrC] I Speak In the Ancient Tongue of Anger, and My Power Listens

Battlemind

Battlemind fighting a Bear Warrior

Focus on nothing but what is in front of you. Nothing can stop you, nothing can prevent the inevitable forward movement of your rampage. Nothing will stop you, nothing will hurt you, never again. Old Kit, Battlemind of the Seventh Sword.

The Battlemind uses arcane energies combined with a strong anger or hate, in order to become devastating warriors. The battleminds are a combination of the Barbarian and the spontaneous caster, able to convert their spells into pure power and funnel them into their attacks.

BECOMING A BATTLEMIND
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.
    ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 10 ranks, Concentration 10 ranks
    Spellcasting: Able to spontaneously cast second level spells
    Special: Rage Pool class feature; Charismatic Rage rage ability

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis),
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    | Rage Pool, Spellrage|+1 level arcane spellcasting class

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Angered Arcana (1st)| +1 level arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    | Eldritch Strike|+1 level arcane spellcasting class

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | Angered Arcana (2nd)| +1 level arcane spellcasting class

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | Armor of the Mind|+1 level arcane spellcasting class

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    | Angered Arcana (3rd)| +1 level arcane spellcasting class

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    | Knit the Bone|+1 level arcane spellcasting class

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    | Angered Arcana (4th)| +1 level arcane spellcasting class

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    | Part the Weave|+1 level arcane spellcasting class

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    | Angered Arcana (5th), Spellslice|+1 level arcane spellcasting class[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: The Battlemind does not gain proficiency with any weapons or armor.

Rage Pool: The Battlemind’s class levels and barbarian levels stack for determining the size of their rage pool. This ability also advances the rage points he gets from Frenzied Strike, as if he had more barbarian levels equal to his Battlemind levels. This ability does not advance the Battlemind’s rage abilities.

Spellrage: The Battlemind may start a spell rage by spending a number of rage points equal to one half of his Battlemind levels. While in a spell rage, the Battlemind gains a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma and Strength, gains a +2 bonus to caster level, gains a +6 competency bonus to all Charisma and Strength based skill checks, and takes a -3 penalty to Will saves. The Battlemind must spend a rage point per round in order to keep the spellrage in effect, and once it ends, the Battlemind is fatigued for 2d4 rounds. The Battlemind may not activate his spellrage while fatigued. The Battlemind may not cast spells in a spellrage, besides those through Angered Arcana.

Angered Arcana (Su): Starting at second level, the Battlemind may cast a spell that he knows while in a spellrage by spending Rage points equal to twice the Spell level, as a standard action. The save DC for any spell cast in this way increases by a number equal to one half of the Battlemind’s Battlemind levels (minimum 1). The Battlemind may only cast first level spells in this way at second level, and one more spell level’s worth of spells every two levels thereafter (second level spells at fourth level, third level spells at sixth level, etc.) Casting a spell in this way does not expend the spell slot.

Eldritch Strike: Starting at third level, by expending a spell slot, the Battlemind may empower his attacks for one round. As a swift action, the Battlemind may expend a spell slot. He gains a bonus to all attack rolls made in the next round equal to the spell level of the spell slot sacrificed, and gains a bonus to damage rolls made with weapons equal to the spell level of the spell slot sacrificed d6.

Armor of the Mind (Su): Starting at fifth level, by expending a spell slot as a swift action, the Battlemind may gain a bonus to armor class equal to the level of the spell slot sacrificed for 3 rounds. He also gains Damage Reduction equal to the level of the spell slot sacrificed during the duration of the effect.

Knit the Bone (Su): Starting at seventh level, by expending a spell slot as a swift action, the Battlemind may heal one creature within 30 feet for a number of damage equal to the level of the spell slot sacrificed d6, plus a number equal to the Battlemind’s caster level.

Part the Weave: Starting at ninth level, the Battlemind may, as an immediate action, part the weave while under the effects of a Spellrage. Whenever a spell cast by the Battlemind is targeted by a Dispel effect, the Battlemind may counter it, with a bonus to the caster level check equal to the number of Rage points in his rage pool divided by two. As a standard action, he may Dispel an Antimagic Field in this way, with a bonus to the caster level check equal to the number of rage points in his rage pool divided by two.

Spellslice (Su): Starting at tenth level, the Battlemind may, as a full round action, spend 20 rage points, and channel a spell that he knows with a range of touch during a full attack. All attacks made in the full attack gain the effects of the spell, and the Battlemind gains a bonus to all attack rolls made in the attack equal to the spell level of the spell being channeled. The spell must deal damage to a target for this effect to work.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-05-04 at 09:16 PM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [PrC] I Speak In the Ancient Tongue of Anger, and My Power Listens

in 4th ed theres a psychic version of the warrior called a battle mind i would change the name.
    Awesome avatar by Threeshades
    look for my community dungeon building thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post10591561
    At least with Chaos you know where you stand which is everywhere and anywhere" Forum Explorer

"Why are you upside down?"-Ender

"who wouldn't like Belkar carrying around a head 10/10"-wxdruid

"Destruction always comes before creation. And for that goal even my conscience must be cast aside"-Lelouch Vi Britania

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PrC] I Speak In the Ancient Tongue of Anger, and My Power Listens

Quote Originally Posted by Temassasin View Post
    in 4th ed theres a psychic version of the warrior called a battle mind i would change the name.
    There is also a Cleric paragon class called Divine Oracle (was in 3.5 first), Radiant Servant (admittedly of pelor in 3.5, but still), Fighter paragon class called Kensei, and a Paladin paragon class called Justiciar. Just in the first PHB. All of these were prestige classes in 3.5 before they were paragon classes in 4.0.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.