New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Eberron (Xendrik) Plot help

hey guys, I am going to make a Eberron campain for my group. I know alot about eberron, but they want to play in Xendrik, and I must say have no idea about that place. besides it once where rules by giants and there is a town called stormreach.

but was hopeing someone could give me some idea or info about the place or a good plotline for the place.
    Last edited by Bagger; 2011-02-28 at 03:53 PM.
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GM help

First, please use helpful thread titles. Something like: "Eberron: Help me find info on Xen'drik".

Well, there's a book called "Secrets of Xen'drik", that is all about players exploring Xen'drik. If you want to run a campaign there, it seems a good idea to get your hands on it. However, it is very different from most other Regional Setting Books, as it's more a collection of specific sites and adventure ideas, and not a complete overview of all the important places and people. Still, I would take a look at it.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GM help

hmm, looks like a pretty cool book

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Eberron (Xendrik) Plot help

okay name chanced, and gonna get my hands on the book. thank you guys
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I'm currently running a Xendrik campaign and I've found the Explorer's Handbook and the Stormreach book to be quite helpful. The great thing about Xendrik - as the book explains - is that they purposely left it as a blank slate for the most part. The continent is larger than Khorvaire and has or can have just about every environment you need to do anything in your campaign. Sky's the limit.
    In my current campaign the party helped establish a Cyran refugee colony in the ruins of an lost elven city dating back to their war with the giants. Fifty miles to the south they've discovered a familiar looking wall of dead grey mist. oh and a Quori-possessed couatl leading a city of psudo-Inspired yuanti.
    Last edited by McSmack; 2011-02-28 at 04:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honestly, if you have some spare disk space, the (now free) D&D mmorpg is set almost entirely in Xen'drik. At very least, you'll get intimately familiar with Stormreach, as it's the centre of the whole game and can be reached within minutes if you choose to skip the "Korthos" newbie plot. You start off in the Harbor, but you can also explore the Marketplace, Lordsmarch Plaza, and districts dedicated to The Twelve, and House Deneith, Jorasco, Phiarlan, and Kundarak, all immediately accessible to a starting character and without paying a cent. If you're not interested in the game, it might still be worth it just to get a better grasp of Stormreach and that part of Xen'drix. That's why I started playing - to get a better grasp of the campaign setting. I stayed because I found it awesome fun, but that's another story.

Beyond Stormreach... here's a map. Three Barrel Cove is pirates (yarrrr!), east is generally jungle and ancient giantish ruins and savage scorpion-worshiping Drow, west is generally shattered by epic dragon magic, its manifest zones (Lammania and Irian) broken, and the landscape is mostly desert. There's some points of interest marked on that map, but otherwise the general themes of jungle-or-desert still holds.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.