New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Knocking people over the horizon [4e rules lawyering required, ney DEMANDED!]

Ok, imagine the following. Your abberant polydimensional god monster of choice picks up an adventurer and flings him with all his hideous strength.

Now when your unluck guy wits terra firma he's gonna take some damage. Now is there a cap on falling damage? And if we assume that there is one when the man-projectile reaches terminal velocity, how much would that be?
    Majestic avatar by the wonderful yldenfrei
    I have one , which is good, because I like him.
    Won't you join me in Fallen London?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Knocking people over the horizon [4e rules lawyering required, ney DEMANDED!]

50d10 is the cap in 4E Rules Compendium.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Knocking people over the horizon [4e rules lawyering required, ney DEMANDED!]

Quote Originally Posted by Leeham View Post
    Ok, imagine the following. Your abberant polydimensional god monster of choice picks up an adventurer and flings him with all his hideous strength.
    The DMG has a table that indicates how much damage a monster of a certain level should do; this caps at 4d8+20. The poor adventurer takes that much damage, is pushed 10 squares, and falls prone.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Both hamishspence & Kurald are right.

There's one other bit of the DMG of interest: p44, Fall Severity by Character Level. That's the bit I'd use in this situation, assigning it somewhere between Perilous and Deadly depending on whim.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yup it gives a good idea for character levels on the pits depth so it can be a nusiance to deadly. Very useful.

On another note is your Abberant, a god-killing mostrosity brought through time by the players so they could use it to destroy someone with equal power levels to said monstrosity?
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just used that as example :P maybe abberant wasn't such a good choice of words...
    Majestic avatar by the wonderful yldenfrei
    I have one , which is good, because I like him.
    Won't you join me in Fallen London?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Having recently started a game with Leeham as the DM, I just want to say that I'm scared now.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!