New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Eadin's Exchange of Extraterrestrial Excuses AKA Random Banter #155

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Additionaly, I know it's a strange hope CurlyKit, but everyone needs hopes and dreams! God that was cheesy.
    Little bit, yes.
    And Curly's fine. Or Koorly. (Or derivations such as Korly, Kurly, Coorly, Corly, and so on). Koorlyshtka's got her own reason to manifest, and you don't want to know about Koorilithulu.
    Seriously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sort of. I just had a bladder problem, that lasted up until about second grade. I never wet myself when I was awake, but I wouldn't wake up to go at night. Whenever there was a sleepover, I'd wear a diaper (never wet myself @ a sleepover thank God) a friend found out (as he was going though my stuff for some reason) so he'd call me Tinkle Toes. *shrugs* Obviously (well, I guess not) I grew out of it (by the end of 2nd grade).

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    :O
    Pictures! Pictures!
    Not sure I have any, I didn't even bleach it, and my hair's quite dark, so it was really only a sheen in the light (enough to notice, but not show up in a pick). And yeah, it lasted for about 12 months when I died it. Which was weird, because as stated, didn't bleach it.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-03-09 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Sounds sensible Atlantean.

And ok Curly. I only called you Curly Kit because the name Kit has a bit of history for me.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Lots.
    We have epic quotestorms and erudite banter and discussion about the vast majority of things on The Loop.
    Even before multiquote!
    Good times.

Also, didn't we only mention that what, three days ago tops?
    The time loop? Pretty sure less than three.
    I can't figure out a way to rephrase that sentence to make use of the <3...

I have, at present, four books devoted entirely to a certain fourteenth-century poet scattered around my room as I read up on his dream-visions. I'm even starting to formulate an essay plan. Nonetheless, early bed, early rise, read more and ram the essay together after the tutorial. I'm about halfway through the plan as 'tis; and a tute's worth of discussion should help too.
    Why am I watching YGO: TAS rather than finishing my last of about a dozen essays this term?
    Why am I repeatedly re-checking Random Banter instead of writing any of my four projects that I'm supposed to be working on?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Oh, it hasn't. but most of my Nick's are true like let's see: Tinkle Toes, Purple, Harry Potter, Requiem, Somethin I can't mention on the site...
    Seriously? Can you explain the reasons for those two?

@LaZodiac: As I recall, Korly prefers not to be called Kit because she knew a guy called Kit in school so it would be confusing?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sort of. I just had a bladder problem, that lasted up until about second grade. I never wet myself when I was awake, but I wouldn't wake up to go at night. Whenever there was a sleepover, I'd wear a diaper (never wet myself @ a sleepover thank God) a friend found out (as he was going though my stuff for some reason) so he'd call me Tinkle Toes. *shrugs* Obviously (well, I guess not) I grew out of it (by the end of 2nd grade).

Not sure I have any, I didn't even bleach it, and my hair's quite dark, so it was really only a sheen in the light (enough to notice, but not show up in a pick). And yeah, it lasted for about 12 months when I died it. Which was weird, because as stated, didn't bleach it.
    Wow, you gotta love second graders...

Pics or it didn't happen! I really just wanted a chance to say that
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

6. - Top - End - #306

Ohh, makes sense Thufir.

Additional, no, you don't gotta love second graders. I know you're being ironic or whatever with that comment, but god I hate children that misbehave. I'd be a bad teacher but a great warden. Also a very short lived warden since I'd get fired fast.

7. - Top - End - #307

Ohh, makes sense Thufir.

Additional, no, you don't gotta love second graders. I know you're being ironic or whatever with that comment, but god I hate children that misbehave. I'd be a bad teacher but a great warden. Also a very short lived warden since I'd get fired fast.
    No, I totally agree with you. There are too many kids today who get everything they want, but no discipline. I know too many kids who are like that..
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

8. - Top - End - #308

So did I, unfortunatly, so did I. God I feel old, I just felt like saying "you kids today and your blackberries and your stealing two dollar candy bars and getting hit with $525 fines because of it. Back in my day, we could afford to BUY chocolate" and that is just ridiculous because I'm 19.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn. *snaps fingers*

Wow. Well I guess enough of the color took to your hair for it to stay then.

I died my hair a sort of auburn red about a year ago (if anyone remembers) and I'm still trying to completely get rid of it. I tried dying it back to dark brown but it ended up turning black and then fading to this weird light brownish color. It's almost gone, but I had to cut my hair to get rid of a lot of it.

10. - Top - End - #310

So did I, unfortunatly, so did I. God I feel old, I just felt like saying "you kids today and your blackberries and your stealing two dollar candy bars and getting hit with $525 fines because of it. Back in my day, we could afford to BUY chocolate" and that is just ridiculous because I'm 19.
    Actually, it's a Droid Everyone hits a point when the generation gap is below them. Nowadays it feels like that's coming at younger ages..

Cypress RP profile

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    Darn. *snaps fingers*

Wow. Well I guess enough of the color took to your hair for it to stay then.

I died my hair a sort of auburn red about a year ago (if anyone remembers) and I'm still trying to completely get rid of it. I tried dying it back to dark brown but it ended up turning black and then fading to this weird light brownish color. It's almost gone, but I had to cut my hair to get rid of a lot of it.
    Turns out I lied, I found a picture from Japan where I don't look horrible and the purple is quite noticeable. (Quality isn't great though.)

Spoiler
    Show

Guess which one is me?

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Seriously? Can you explain the reasons for those two?
    When I was in 1st Grade, I was Radcliffe's look a like. Requiem... Well, that's odd. I was called Random Quote Machine back when I was addicted to WoW, which changed to RQM which changed into Requiem (as it has R, Q, & M in the appropiate arrangement).
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-03-09 at 09:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out I lied, I found a picture from Japan where I don't look horrible and the purple is quite noticeable. (Quality isn't great though.)

Spoiler
    Show

Guess which one is me?
    Did you choose Ai or was it assigned?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Did you choose Ai or was it assigned?
    Assigned. We did some other characters too (with pictures!) but I look like an even bigger idiot in those.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Assigned. We did some other characters too (with pictures!) but I look like an even bigger idiot in those.
    Ah when I was there we got to pick ours, I choose the simplified form of tatsu/ryuu (dragon). I actually bought an ink stone, holder, and 100+ pages of calligraphy paper while at a hyaku en store and haven't touched it

ION: I wrote a story for funsies. It has a wizard.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

15. - Top - End - #315

Awesome, stories are cool, as are wizards.

Also, how am I not surprised that Zaydos picked Ryuu =P

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah when I was there we got to pick ours, I choose the simplified form of tatsu/ryuu (dragon). I actually bought an ink stone, holder, and 100+ pages of calligraphy paper while at a hyaku en store and haven't touched it
    Well, I wasnt paying for the class... So maybe that's why.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome, stories are cool, as are wizards.

Also, how am I not surprised that Zaydos picked Ryuu =P
    What can I say I like dragons. Not just that its the kanji I know best other than real beginner stuff.

Well, I wasnt paying for the class... So maybe that's why.
    This was part of my study abroad program, well the stopping by a dollar store and stocking up on supplies to do it at home was just my choice. The class itself was just a bonus. Also tatsu is easier than ai (or well the traditional tatsu might not be but the simplified one I can write with my eyes closed).

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #318

I'm currently taking notes on the French Revolution.

I very rarely get excited about schoolwork, but gosh darn, I just love history, and the French Revolution especially!

Marat just passed a motion that all voting in the Trial of Louis XVI would be public, a motion designed to discourage the Girondins from voting against any punishment.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This was part of my study abroad program, well the stopping by a dollar store and stocking up on supplies to do it at home was just my choice. The class itself was just a bonus. Also tatsu is easier than ai (or well the traditional tatsu might not be but the simplified one I can write with my eyes closed).
    I was just there for fun... >.>

Anyway, I may have done Tatsu, I think Ai was like the 3rd I did. IDR honsetly.

20. - Top - End - #320

To be fair, I'd give anything to learn how to draw some of my favorite kanji/katakana/hirigana (I am dumb and forget which one Ai and Tatsu are classified as)

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

I was just there for fun... >.>

Anyway, I may have done Tatsu, I think Ai was like the 3rd I did. IDR honsetly.
    I only got to do tatsu, but I got to do like a dozen copies of it and the last one on a hard display board which was neat. Also I got to keep the brush.

To be fair, I'd give anything to learn how to draw some of my favorite kanji/katakana/hirigana (I am dumb and forget which one Ai and Tatsu are classified as)
    Kanji. Katakana and hiragana are the alphabets. I will not rant.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-09 at 10:25 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #322

Heh, ok, thanks for the clarification. And don't worry, I know the rant. I know the rant very well (I've personaly known two people who have studied the language)

Also, don't mind me asking, but think you could scan your best Tatsu and show us it. I'm actually curious about what it looks like =D

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I only got to do tatsu, but I got to do like a dozen copies of it and the last one on a hard display board which was neat. Also I got to keep the brush.
    Good for you! I wish I had had a better time in Japan (think I came off an ass at times), but I was with my mom for so much of the time and in so close proxmity, kind of drained some of the fun out of it. Still greatly enjoyed it regardless.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, ok, thanks for the clarification. And don't worry, I know the rant. I know the rant very well (I've personaly known two people who have studied the language)

Also, don't mind me asking, but think you could scan your best Tatsu and show us it. I'm actually curious about what it looks like =D
    Don't have my best anymore, I gave it to my host sister for her birthday (she was born in the year of the dragon). I kept the display board copy (not my best since my hand was shaking) also calligraphy and every day writing looks different. I might could scan in the page of my journal where a bunch of japanese colledge students took my fute pen (calligraphy pen) and wrote in it for a page, but I'm not sure if the scanner is even hooked up to the computer. Actually I might have a page where I just practiced tatsu in preparation for the calligraphy lesson (some of which would be with my eyes closed).

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #325

Either way, I'd like to see it. This stuff interests me greatly =D

26. - Top - End - #326
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

You know what I really hate about homework? How it always has a "Written Part". Even an art major like myself. Make work of art? Written report. Make video? Written report. Make animation? Written report.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Either way, I'd like to see it. This stuff interests me greatly =D
    I'll see what I can do; worst case scenario I should be able to take a picture of my final piece and post it. PM me to remind me sometime.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-09 at 10:39 PM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    You know what I really hate about homework? How it always has a "Written Part". Even an art major like myself. Make work of art? Written report. Make video? Written report. Make animation? Written report.

What you just said is arguably the reason why I think the school board is one hundred and fifty percent utterly STUPID.

I'm glad my Cooking class didn't have written work. Because, you know, whats the point of writing about food, other then recipes and methods of cooking.

29. - Top - End - #329

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Actually, it's a Droid Everyone hits a point when the generation gap is below them. Nowadays it feels like that's coming at younger ages..
    It was kinda sad when I was 17 and realized that I just didn't understand kids those days. Those 10 year olds were just incomprehensible with the amount of tech concentrated in their mitts... and their actually unintelligible speech between their lingo and their cracking voices. x.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #330

I'm only 16, and sometimes my OWN generation exasperates me.

Then again, the older generations technological incompetence exasperates me more, sooo...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.