New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: NarutoITP OOC I: Reboots Are Genjutsu

Yes, it is the Hot Sprimgs village. I'll have more this week, including family history, backstory, and personality. Also, he is not part of the Marked.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... to be honest, 'developed it' is my initial idea, with more to come in backstory. Balance... probably no more than five tags, probably.

My other idea is a bloodline with strong similarities to the Ultimate Eye of FMA fame. Balance in this case would be:

Large Chakra consumption. Basically, Ninjutsu isn't practical in conjunction with it. And it can't take what isn't in line of sight into account.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll come out to say that the "Ultimate Eye" is effectively Sharingan minus copy-cat ability. As far as Doujutsu go, it doesn't strike me as terribly overpowered - I think basic Sharingan and Byakugan would beat it.

If you'd be so kind, I'd suggest giving Flying Thundergod and the Ultimate Eye on different characters. Maybe Haruka-expy and her daughter, respectively. The daughter could've inherited it from her father's side, or it could be a recessive ability that skipped a generation.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

I like that idea, actually. I was only intending to do one character, but a mother-and-daughter, with the daughter being a Genin...

Yes, I do like that idea. *goes to plan* My plan was never to put them on the same character.

I assume our 'protagonist village' is the Chasm Village?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-03-13 at 08:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

It would seem that the Village Hidden in Chasms is in fact the main Village. This may be the mass amounts of beer talking but it'd be good to see some genin from there.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-03-13 at 08:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. Family relations to the village leader are still open.

(On another news, I expanded a bit on how Shinobu's bow without a bow trick works. If the Jutsu are okay, I'll go put them in the registry.)

On yet another news, remember to put your completed characters to the registry. Even putting work-in-progress there is okay, as long as you keep notifying us when you make changes.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a genin planned!

...a Jounin too, but I've got a genin planned!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #188

Some more players would be good to. If we got at least two full genin teams of three and their Jounin and I think we'll be ready to go to be fully honest.

I'd like to see some members of the Marked to, but NPC's can always be made if we don't have enough for the villain team.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Incidentally, Junko (my Jounin) can be one of the Jounin-senseis.

I do have an idea for a villain-type character...

<.<
    >.>

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Here my characters are, preliminary (i.e. mainly abilities right now).

Akiyama Junko, Blue Flash
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classification: B-Rank
    Birthdate: ?
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?
    Blood type: Mostly for fluff, but still...Self-Explanatory
    Affiliation/Kage: Village of Chasms

Appearance: Self-Explanatory. Make yourself memorable!

Bloodline: None, but inventor of the Hiraishin no Jutsu

Notable Jutsu:

* Shikei no In (Capital Punishment Seal): This seal, normally placed on special kunai, is used as a complement to the Hiraishin no Jutsu. At present, Junko can only keep a link to five seals at once for the purposes of Hiraishin no Jutsu.

* Hiraishin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique): This technique allows Junko to teleport to any one of the seals she has created with Shikei no In, at a fairly high rate.

Special Abilities:

Genjutsu: Poor. Junko's skills in this area tend more towards dispelling than creating Genjutsu.

Taijutsu: Excellent. Junko uses a style of Taijutsu that works well in conjunction with the Hiraishin no Jutsu.

Ninjutsu: Average. Although she is quite good at sealing techniques, Junko's skills in other Ninjutsu are at the lower end of Jounin skills. However, she does have some fairly standard offensive Jutsu.

Akiyama Kasumi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classification: D-Rank
    Birthdate: Self-Explanatory
    Height: Self-Explanatory
    Weight: Self-Explanatory

Bloodline: Kasumi is one of only two current possessors of the [Ultimate Eye] Bloodline, which does two things: firstly, it enable the user to notice even the smallest of movements whithin their field of view, and secondly, it makes short-term predictions of movements of objects within its field of view. This second property makes a possessor of the bloodline quite dangerous in Taijutsu. It has three weaknesses, however. Firstly, the Chakra consumption of the eyes is such that to use Genjutsu or Ninjutsu while having it active is very impractical- also, unless Chakra reserves are built up, it cannot be kept up for long. Secondly, it can only take into account things it can see- stabbing through an object is a perfectly viable way of taking a user of the bloodline completely off guard. Finally, it is incredibly obvious when this technique is active, as the eyes glow red.

Kasumi, at present, can only maintain the bloodline for a minute before starting to suffer chakra exhaustion. Therefore, she either needs to end a fight within a minute, or pick her time to activate it carefully.

Notable Jutsu: None. Kasumi uses standard Academy techniques. Her main trump card is her [Ultimate Eye]

Special Abilities: Kasumi focuses mainly on her Taijutsu and Kenjutsu, in a style that is well-used by users of the [Ultimate Eye] bloodline to be fast, brutal, and to end a fight before the weaknesses of the bloodline come into play.

Incidentally, the 'Blue Flash' is from the fact that she has bright blue hair.

...she covers it in stealth missions, don't worry.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-03-13 at 09:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why do you think Henge no Jutsu was invented? Danceroom balls?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

"Disguise. Why the heck would you waste Chakra on something that a piece of cloth can do just as well?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

So, firstly, any problems with my characters' abilities?

Second, yes, I do have ideas for the husband/dad. *shifty eyes*

Also, anyone else want to be in the Genin team? I know Kasumi will be in it...

Lastly, trivia question! Both Kasumi and Junko have namesakes in Sci-Fi video games! Can you identify which games?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Good to seeya back
    Thank you.

I have two character submissions for the game, both based on my characters from the first NarutoITP, although they have been significantly altered. I looked over the registry and don't think I'm stepping on anyone's toes with them. What do people think?

Spoiler
    Show

Name/Rank: Isamu Shun, Genin
    Classification: C Rank
    Birthdate: January 16th
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 139 ibs.
    Blood type: AB
    Affiliation/Kage: The Village Hidden in Chasms

Appearance: Shun is a little shorter than average, but this gives no indication of weakness. He is extremely fit, and his entire body is covered with wiry muscles. He has a sharp face with keen eyes and short black hair. One unusual physical trait he possesses is his irises, which are black in coloration. Shun prefers loose, comfortable clothing, over which he wears a tight-fitting vest with numerous pockets for storing ninja equipment. He always carries his katana, an unadorned but well-made blade, sheathed at his belt. When prepared for battle, Shun also wears his samurai armor, although he forgoes the use of a helmet.

Personality: Shun is reserved and proud, preferring not to have to rely on others. For most of his life, he was able to learn and advance entirely on his own, and his lack of similar talent for Ninjutsu is extremely frustrating for him. He will ask for help only if he absolutely needs it, or in life-or-death situations. He is scornful of those who are lazy or incompetent. Shun cannot stand being insulted, and insulting his abilities is the fastest way to get a rise out of him. One of Shun's greatest struggles is his lack of identity; he doesn't know how to define himself.

Bloodline
    Spoiler
    Show

Shun possesses the Kekkei Genkai of the Mokushi clan, the
    Dōjutsu known as Kuroigan, the All Knowing Black Eye.

When it is activated, the user's eyes become completely black, except for a simple pattern located in the center of the eye. The Kuroigan has two abilities. The first is telescopic vision. The Kuroigan can zoom the user's focus in on any point they have a direct line of sight to. The degree to which the eye can magnify is reliant on the user's skill with the Dōjutsu. In addition to zooming in, it can also focus on a point that would otherwise be too small to properly discern, again depending on the user's capability.

The second, and more potent, ability of the Kekkei Genkai is analysis. Any object observed by a user of the Kuroigan has all of its weak and strong points laid bare. The user sees them as glowing points or lines across the surface of the object. Higher levels of knowledge unlock new uses for this ability. First, living beings can be analyzed like objects, revealing areas that they are strong or weak in. Second is Chakra techniques, revealing where they are most powerful and weak points, if applicable. At the final stage, the the Kuroigan attains the ability of full structural analysis, revealing the full shape and internal design of any object that is focused on for a sufficient length of time. Larger objects require longer periods of focus.

As he only discovered his bloodline recently and all of his learning has been through trial and error, Shun has only the most basic of abilities with his Kuroigan.

Notable Jutsu

Spoiler
    Show

Gust Shot: A basic wind technique. The user pushes both hands forward, releasing a forceful gust of wind at the target. Weak, but can push an opponent off balance or reflect projectiles.

Updraft Wall: The user causes the air around them to launch upwards, momentarily creating a powerful updraft around themselves. Useful against light projectiles and weak fire techniques, but otherwise useless.

Wind Step: The user concentrates their Chakra in their feet, then releases a powerful blast of wind from them. The release propels the user forward or up, allowing them to close with an enemy or escape an attack. It can also be used to change directions in midair.

Wind Blade: To complete this technique, the user makes a slashing motion with their hand or a tool. A sharp arc of air emerges from the slash and flies towards the target. The technique is difficult to pinpoint, but has a very obvious initiation, lacks great speed, and has very little penetrating power.

Blade of the Wind God: Shun's most advanced and powerful technique by far. The user creates a current of wind around the blade of a sword or a limb. The current contains thousands of small blades of air, and rotates at an extremely high speed, greatly increasing its cutting power. Using the technique creates a loud buzzing noise as the blades grind against each other, giving the technique another name: the Wasp Blade. Shun can barely use this technique, making it much weaker than if used by a full master. Additionally, it drains his Chakra at a rapid rate and usually collapses after a few seconds.

Special Abilities

Spoiler
    Show

Samurai Battle Training: Shun was trained as a samurai for years, and had attained the rank of Mononofu before defecting from the Land of Iron. As a result, he was well versed in the foundations of samurai battle techniques, and has only furthered his ability since then.

Chakra Enchantment: Shun's Chakra affinity is for the Wind element, and he is trained in Samurai Chakra Enchantment using this element. This allows him to make the blade of his sword less visible, as well as adding strength to his attacks by channeling powerful winds.

Kenjutsu: Shun's main form of combat. He is highly skilled in the arts of the sword, and has always possessed a high degree of talent for the blade. Shun's combat style and training revolve around the style known as Battōjutsu, emphasizing a sudden opening strike from the sheath followed by several subsequent attacks before returning the blade to its sheath.

Equipment: Shun carries standard ninja tools in his vest. Shun usually wears his samurai armor when fighting, at least initially. Shun has modified the armor heavily, making it even more restricting to movement than normal while allowing it to be removed very easily. He has trained extensively with the armor to get used to its restricting shape. The upside of this is that without the armor, he is able to move very quickly. Shun wears the armor to defend himself until he has determined his opponent's abilities, then removes it to increase his speed to better deliver a killing blow.

Background: Shun is a relatively new arrival in the Village Hidden in Chasms, having arrived several months ago. He became an official ninja of the city somewhat soon after his arrival, after undergoing a strict series of background checks and interviews to ensure he wasn't a spy. He has no friends and doesn't talk much about his past, making him something of an enigma between his samurai training and Kekkei Genkai.

Spoiler
    Show

Name/Rank: Kichirou Nobuyuki, Missing-Nin
    Classification: S
    Birthdate: September 13th
    Age: Unknown, believed to be in his early to mid twenties.
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: 133 ibs.
    Blood type: B
    Affiliation/Kage: Mercenary, Kirigakure (Former)

Appearance: Nobuyuki is short, and possesses a slender figure. He usually smiles faintly, giving a generally good-natured impression. At first glance, this makes him look harmless. Nothing could be farther from the truth. More careful observation notes several things that are odd about him. Nobuyuki possesses the balanced grace of predator, but at the same time is virtually unreadable from body language. His footsteps are also utterly silent, disturbing nothing and making not even the slightest noise. Both of these indicate that he is more dangerous than he appears. Nobuyuki has a soft, thin face and extremely light blue eyes the color of mist. He wears a long, black cloak, which is dotted with blue cloud designs. He also wears a simple but durable sakkat. At his waist, he also carries a long, straight-bladed Ninjatō.

Personality: Nobuyuki is rather enigmatic. He typically maintains a polite, even friendly, manner to those around him. Countering this, however, he also has a history of making insulting or demeaning remarks about his employers, and on occasion even killing them outright without any apparent reason. That said, he can almost always find an employer willing to risk it due to his skills. Nobuyuki almost never seeks out conflict on his own, but the rare times he does so are terrifying. Although he has no apparent trouble with killing, Nobuyuki often leaves survivors from his battles. The exception to this is ninja from his former home; no Kirigakure ninja survives contact with Nobuyuki.

Bloodline: Hyōton. By combining Wind and Water Chakra, Nobuyuki can create Ice techniques. This Kekkei Genkai goes beyond normal Ice techniques created with simple Water Chakra, as it can be used even without an existing source of ice or water. Additionally, it is highly resistant to fire.

Notable Jutsu

Spoiler
    Show

Hidden Mist: A water technique that creates a large mass of mist around the user. This allows them to hide from an opponent and conceal their movements, as well as confuse and disorient their enemies. The density of the mist can be controlled by the user, going anywhere from a light haze to an impenetrable fog. This is the basis of Nobuyuki's fighting style.

Mist Nightmare: A situational Genjutsu technique that can only be used in areas of dense fog. When it is used, the victims of the technique begin to see movements in the mist at the corners of their eyesight. No distinct source can be seen of these movements, and they cannot be seen if directly looked at. As time goes on, the target also starts hearing strange sounds echoing around them. The technique's greatest asset is that it is extremely subtle; often the target doesn't even realize they are affected.

Ice Web: The user spreads a thin lair of ice over the ground in a large area. This ice has two effects. First, it begins to slowly grow over the feet of anyone other than the user that touches it, slowing them down and preventing them from standing still. Secondly, it allows the user to know the location of anything touching the ice as long as he is also doing so. This does not provide any information beyond distance and weight, making it possible to deceive the user if the nature of the technique is determined.

Hungering Ice Web Technique: An extension of the Ice Web technique, the user forgoes their connection to the ice, becoming unable to sense through it. In exchange, the growth effect of the ice on anyone touching it becomes much faster, swallowing unwary fighters whole. Even aware opponents must constantly keeping on the move or risk imprisonment.

B]Omniscient Ice Killer[/B]: Despite the impressive name, this technique itself is fairly simple and, under normal circumstances, quite weak. The user creates a construction of ice in the air, which is then projected at an enemy. These constructions are weak and easily broken, but also very sharp, and the attack can come from everywhere. The technique is simple and can be repeated many times. In addition, in areas of heavy rain or mist, the chakra cost for this technique is almost nothing, and the reduced visibility greatly increases the technique's deadliness.

Binding Ice Shield: A potent defensive Hyoton technique, when activated the user can materialize ice to anchor nearby weapons or enemies to the ground, walls, or ceiling of their location. The technique automatically affects all objects in range at the moment of its activation, even ones that the user does not percieve. As its name suggests, it is often used to intercept attacks due to its very short range of effectiveness.

Ice Coffin/Frozen Grave: The user creates a large wave of ice and attempts to smother their opponent with it, sending it flowing forward like a tide towards their enemies. Impact causes the ice to flow around the target, swallowing them whole. This is the Ice Coffin technique. If the technique successfully ensnares an enemy, spikes of ice then drive inwards from all sides, repeatedly impaling and almost assuredly killing the target. This is the Frozen Grave technique.

Mist Labyrinth Technique: A genjutsu that perfectly duplicates the effects of a large cloud of mist surrounding the target or targets. While the technique is active, the targets cannot willingly leave its area of effect, and will subconsciously be directed away from the edge of the mist. It is noticeable because the mist instantly forms, but if used in an area of natural mist, there is no such difficulty. Additionally, it becomes impossible to tell if the genjutsu has been broken.

Hail of Vengeance: The user creates thousands of tiny ice blades in the air high above them, which swirl around each other in a large cloud. After a few seconds, the spikes that form the ice cloud begin raining on the surrounding area at very high speeds, avoiding only the user.

Hateful Ice Forest: The user places their hands upon the ground, and inject a large mass of ice into the earth below themselves. After a few seconds, numerous large spikes of ice stab upward from the ground in a wide area around the user. The weakness of this technique is that it requires several seconds to use, during which the user must remain in the same place, and it has very low accuracy.

Summoning Pact: Nobuyuki possesses a summoning pact with the Centipedes.

Frozen Tsunami/Frozen Grave of Armies: A more powerful version of Ice Coffin/Frozen Grave. The user creates a titanic wave of ice that sweeps over a large area in front of them. The Ice moves organically, as though it was still water, but utterly traps anyone caught in its path. Once the wave stops moving and freezes in place, any victims on the surface are sucked fully into the mass. The user then releases a massive pulse of Chakra in to the wave, causing anyone within to be stabbed repeatedly by sharpened spikes of ice. This technique is extremely potent, but requires an extraordinary amount of Chakra.

Special Abilities

Spoiler
    Show

Silent Killing: Nobuyuki is a master of the Soundless Murder Technique of Kirigakure. Simply put, he can near-instantly kill a target with utter silence if they cannot see him. He usually uses his sword for this, but he can also do it with his bare hands.

Hand Signs: Nobuyuki is ridiculously fast at forming hand signs, and even ninja with powerful Dōjutsus have been known to be unable to follow his hand movements.

Stealth: Nobuyuki is completely silent, making not even the slightest hint of noise. He is a master of staying to the shadows or out of sight, particularly in areas of heavy fog.

Background: Nobuyuki first attracted attention from the ninja community after he broke from Kirigakure in his mid teens. He was immediately placed at S-Rank and was give an astoundingly high bounty by Kirigakure, although no explanation for this was given.

One of his first acts as a missing-nin was to attack and kill ninjas from each of the five major Hidden Villages, as if he was trying to anger all of them. As a result of these and other offenses, he is wanted in virtually every country on the continent and has a massive bounty on his head.

Currently, Nobuyuki continues to wander, seemingly aimlessly. He offers his skills as an assassin and warrior to anyone who can pay. The price is high, but the results are undeniable.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, my villain idea:

The other bearer of the [Ultimate Eye] (which, incidentally, I do intend to have translated, but NO WAY I'm burdening Kasanip at a time like this). Kasumi's father, and the reason Junko created the Hirashin no Jutsu as a specific counter to the bloodline. He'd be a Missing-Nin, A-Class. And, basically, no one knows why he did it or what he wants, but he's been known to go after Chasm teams if he's anywhere near the area. Therefore, he's considered an active threat.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, can we have more than one character at the same time? cause I am tempted to translate my anima character (ability-wise he is a Kiimaro expy; but the personalities are vastly different.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Wait, can we have more than one character at the same time? cause I am tempted to translate my anima character (ability-wise he is a Kiimaro expy; but the personalities are vastly different.
    Yes, we can. I have a bunch of characters from last game. Sadly, none of them would fit in this reboot because they are members of groups which I don't think would appear in this setting, such as the swordsmen and Shoku.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, you can.

Incidentally, Dorizzt, would you like to be the second Genin on Junko's team?

Also, Haruto is up. Please comment.

Also for the rest of the family.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Yes, we can. I have a bunch of characters from last game. Sadly, none of them would fit in this reboot because they are members of groups which I don't think would appear in this setting, such as the swordsmen and Shoku.
    Well.... now I need to find a reason of why someone bearing the Corpse Bone Pathways Kekkei Genkai is living in the Chasm Village >.< but that would stretch even my willing suspension of disbelieving.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #200

I leave for supper after I finally sober up and so much to answer....

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    So, firstly, any problems with my characters' abilities?

Second, yes, I do have ideas for the husband/dad. *shifty eyes*

Also, anyone else want to be in the Genin team? I know Kasumi will be in it...

Lastly, trivia question! Both Kasumi and Junko have namesakes in Sci-Fi video games! Can you identify which games?
    Not all of them are finished so no clue really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Thank you.

I have two character submissions for the game, both based on my characters from the first NarutoITP, although they have been significantly altered. I looked over the registry and don't think I'm stepping on anyone's toes with them. What do people think?

Spoiler
    Show

Name/Rank: Isamu Shun, Genin
    Classification: C Rank
    Birthdate: January 16th
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 139 ibs.
    Blood type: AB
    Affiliation/Kage: The Village Hidden in Chasms

Appearance: Shun is a little shorter than average, but this gives no indication of weakness. He is extremely fit, and his entire body is covered with wiry muscles. He has a sharp face with keen eyes and short black hair. One unusual physical trait he possesses is his irises, which are black in coloration. Shun prefers loose, comfortable clothing, over which he wears a tight-fitting vest with numerous pockets for storing ninja equipment. He always carries his katana, an unadorned but well-made blade, sheathed at his belt. When prepared for battle, Shun also wears his samurai armor, although he forgoes the use of a helmet.

Personality: Shun is reserved and proud, preferring not to have to rely on others. For most of his life, he was able to learn and advance entirely on his own, and his lack of similar talent for Ninjutsu is extremely frustrating for him. He will ask for help only if he absolutely needs it, or in life-or-death situations. He is scornful of those who are lazy or incompetent. Shun cannot stand being insulted, and insulting his abilities is the fastest way to get a rise out of him. One of Shun's greatest struggles is his lack of identity; he doesn't know how to define himself.

Bloodline
    Spoiler
    Show

Shun possesses the Kekkei Genkai of the Mokushi clan, the
    Dōjutsu known as Kuroigan, the All Knowing Black Eye.

When it is activated, the user's eyes become completely black, except for a simple pattern located in the center of the eye. The Kuroigan has two abilities. The first is telescopic vision. The Kuroigan can zoom the user's focus in on any point they have a direct line of sight to. The degree to which the eye can magnify is reliant on the user's skill with the Dōjutsu. In addition to zooming in, it can also focus on a point that would otherwise be too small to properly discern, again depending on the user's capability.

The second, and more potent, ability of the Kekkei Genkai is analysis. Any object observed by a user of the Kuroigan has all of its weak and strong points laid bare. The user sees them as glowing points or lines across the surface of the object. Higher levels of knowledge unlock new uses for this ability. First, living beings can be analyzed like objects, revealing areas that they are strong or weak in. Second is Chakra techniques, revealing where they are most powerful and weak points, if applicable. At the final stage, the the Kuroigan attains the ability of full structural analysis, revealing the full shape and internal design of any object that is focused on for a sufficient length of time. Larger objects require longer periods of focus.

As he only discovered his bloodline recently and all of his learning has been through trial and error, Shun has only the most basic of abilities with his Kuroigan.

Notable Jutsu

Spoiler
    Show

Gust Shot: A basic wind technique. The user pushes both hands forward, releasing a forceful gust of wind at the target. Weak, but can push an opponent off balance or reflect projectiles.

Updraft Wall: The user causes the air around them to launch upwards, momentarily creating a powerful updraft around themselves. Useful against light projectiles and weak fire techniques, but otherwise useless.

Wind Step: The user concentrates their Chakra in their feet, then releases a powerful blast of wind from them. The release propels the user forward or up, allowing them to close with an enemy or escape an attack. It can also be used to change directions in midair.

Wind Blade: To complete this technique, the user makes a slashing motion with their hand or a tool. A sharp arc of air emerges from the slash and flies towards the target. The technique is difficult to pinpoint, but has a very obvious initiation, lacks great speed, and has very little penetrating power.

Blade of the Wind God: Shun's most advanced and powerful technique by far. The user creates a current of wind around the blade of a sword or a limb. The current contains thousands of small blades of air, and rotates at an extremely high speed, greatly increasing its cutting power. Using the technique creates a loud buzzing noise as the blades grind against each other, giving the technique another name: the Wasp Blade. Shun can barely use this technique, making it much weaker than if used by a full master. Additionally, it drains his Chakra at a rapid rate and usually collapses after a few seconds.

Special Abilities

Spoiler
    Show

Samurai Battle Training: Shun was trained as a samurai for years, and had attained the rank of Mononofu before defecting from the Land of Iron. As a result, he was well versed in the foundations of samurai battle techniques, and has only furthered his ability since then.

Chakra Enchantment: Shun's Chakra affinity is for the Wind element, and he is trained in Samurai Chakra Enchantment using this element. This allows him to make the blade of his sword less visible, as well as adding strength to his attacks by channeling powerful winds.

Kenjutsu: Shun's main form of combat. He is highly skilled in the arts of the sword, and has always possessed a high degree of talent for the blade. Shun's combat style and training revolve around the style known as Battōjutsu, emphasizing a sudden opening strike from the sheath followed by several subsequent attacks before returning the blade to its sheath.

Equipment: Shun carries standard ninja tools in his vest. Shun usually wears his samurai armor when fighting, at least initially. Shun has modified the armor heavily, making it even more restricting to movement than normal while allowing it to be removed very easily. He has trained extensively with the armor to get used to its restricting shape. The upside of this is that without the armor, he is able to move very quickly. Shun wears the armor to defend himself until he has determined his opponent's abilities, then removes it to increase his speed to better deliver a killing blow.

Background: Shun is a relatively new arrival in the Village Hidden in Chasms, having arrived several months ago. He became an official ninja of the city somewhat soon after his arrival, after undergoing a strict series of background checks and interviews to ensure he wasn't a spy. He has no friends and doesn't talk much about his past, making him something of an enigma between his samurai training and Kekkei Genkai.

Spoiler
    Show

Name/Rank: Kichirou Nobuyuki, Missing-Nin
    Classification: S
    Birthdate: September 13th
    Age: Unknown, believed to be in his early to mid twenties.
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: 133 ibs.
    Blood type: B
    Affiliation/Kage: Mercenary, Kirigakure (Former)

Appearance: Nobuyuki is short, and possesses a slender figure. He usually smiles faintly, giving a generally good-natured impression. At first glance, this makes him look harmless. Nothing could be farther from the truth. More careful observation notes several things that are odd about him. Nobuyuki possesses the balanced grace of predator, but at the same time is virtually unreadable from body language. His footsteps are also utterly silent, disturbing nothing and making not even the slightest noise. Both of these indicate that he is more dangerous than he appears. Nobuyuki has a soft, thin face and extremely light blue eyes the color of mist. He wears a long, black cloak, which is dotted with blue cloud designs. He also wears a simple but durable sakkat. At his waist, he also carries a long, straight-bladed Ninjatō.

Personality: Nobuyuki is rather enigmatic. He typically maintains a polite, even friendly, manner to those around him. Countering this, however, he also has a history of making insulting or demeaning remarks about his employers, and on occasion even killing them outright without any apparent reason. That said, he can almost always find an employer willing to risk it due to his skills. Nobuyuki almost never seeks out conflict on his own, but the rare times he does so are terrifying. Although he has no apparent trouble with killing, Nobuyuki often leaves survivors from his battles. The exception to this is ninja from his former home; no Kirigakure ninja survives contact with Nobuyuki.

Bloodline: Hyōton. By combining Wind and Water Chakra, Nobuyuki can create Ice techniques. This Kekkei Genkai goes beyond normal Ice techniques created with simple Water Chakra, as it can be used even without an existing source of ice or water. Additionally, it is highly resistant to fire.

Notable Jutsu

Spoiler
    Show

Hidden Mist: A water technique that creates a large mass of mist around the user. This allows them to hide from an opponent and conceal their movements, as well as confuse and disorient their enemies. The density of the mist can be controlled by the user, going anywhere from a light haze to an impenetrable fog. This is the basis of Nobuyuki's fighting style.

Mist Nightmare: A situational Genjutsu technique that can only be used in areas of dense fog. When it is used, the victims of the technique begin to see movements in the mist at the corners of their eyesight. No distinct source can be seen of these movements, and they cannot be seen if directly looked at. As time goes on, the target also starts hearing strange sounds echoing around them. The technique's greatest asset is that it is extremely subtle; often the target doesn't even realize they are affected.

Ice Web: The user spreads a thin lair of ice over the ground in a large area. This ice has two effects. First, it begins to slowly grow over the feet of anyone other than the user that touches it, slowing them down and preventing them from standing still. Secondly, it allows the user to know the location of anything touching the ice as long as he is also doing so. This does not provide any information beyond distance and weight, making it possible to deceive the user if the nature of the technique is determined.

Hungering Ice Web Technique: An extension of the Ice Web technique, the user forgoes their connection to the ice, becoming unable to sense through it. In exchange, the growth effect of the ice on anyone touching it becomes much faster, swallowing unwary fighters whole. Even aware opponents must constantly keeping on the move or risk imprisonment.

B]Omniscient Ice Killer[/B]: Despite the impressive name, this technique itself is fairly simple and, under normal circumstances, quite weak. The user creates a construction of ice in the air, which is then projected at an enemy. These constructions are weak and easily broken, but also very sharp, and the attack can come from everywhere. The technique is simple and can be repeated many times. In addition, in areas of heavy rain or mist, the chakra cost for this technique is almost nothing, and the reduced visibility greatly increases the technique's deadliness.

Binding Ice Shield: A potent defensive Hyoton technique, when activated the user can materialize ice to anchor nearby weapons or enemies to the ground, walls, or ceiling of their location. The technique automatically affects all objects in range at the moment of its activation, even ones that the user does not percieve. As its name suggests, it is often used to intercept attacks due to its very short range of effectiveness.

Ice Coffin/Frozen Grave: The user creates a large wave of ice and attempts to smother their opponent with it, sending it flowing forward like a tide towards their enemies. Impact causes the ice to flow around the target, swallowing them whole. This is the Ice Coffin technique. If the technique successfully ensnares an enemy, spikes of ice then drive inwards from all sides, repeatedly impaling and almost assuredly killing the target. This is the Frozen Grave technique.

Mist Labyrinth Technique: A genjutsu that perfectly duplicates the effects of a large cloud of mist surrounding the target or targets. While the technique is active, the targets cannot willingly leave its area of effect, and will subconsciously be directed away from the edge of the mist. It is noticeable because the mist instantly forms, but if used in an area of natural mist, there is no such difficulty. Additionally, it becomes impossible to tell if the genjutsu has been broken.

Hail of Vengeance: The user creates thousands of tiny ice blades in the air high above them, which swirl around each other in a large cloud. After a few seconds, the spikes that form the ice cloud begin raining on the surrounding area at very high speeds, avoiding only the user.

Hateful Ice Forest: The user places their hands upon the ground, and inject a large mass of ice into the earth below themselves. After a few seconds, numerous large spikes of ice stab upward from the ground in a wide area around the user. The weakness of this technique is that it requires several seconds to use, during which the user must remain in the same place, and it has very low accuracy.

Summoning Pact: Nobuyuki possesses a summoning pact with the Centipedes.

Frozen Tsunami/Frozen Grave of Armies: A more powerful version of Ice Coffin/Frozen Grave. The user creates a titanic wave of ice that sweeps over a large area in front of them. The Ice moves organically, as though it was still water, but utterly traps anyone caught in its path. Once the wave stops moving and freezes in place, any victims on the surface are sucked fully into the mass. The user then releases a massive pulse of Chakra in to the wave, causing anyone within to be stabbed repeatedly by sharpened spikes of ice. This technique is extremely potent, but requires an extraordinary amount of Chakra.

Special Abilities

Spoiler
    Show

Silent Killing: Nobuyuki is a master of the Soundless Murder Technique of Kirigakure. Simply put, he can near-instantly kill a target with utter silence if they cannot see him. He usually uses his sword for this, but he can also do it with his bare hands.

Hand Signs: Nobuyuki is ridiculously fast at forming hand signs, and even ninja with powerful Dōjutsus have been known to be unable to follow his hand movements.

Stealth: Nobuyuki is completely silent, making not even the slightest hint of noise. He is a master of staying to the shadows or out of sight, particularly in areas of heavy fog.

Background: Nobuyuki first attracted attention from the ninja community after he broke from Kirigakure in his mid teens. He was immediately placed at S-Rank and was give an astoundingly high bounty by Kirigakure, although no explanation for this was given.

One of his first acts as a missing-nin was to attack and kill ninjas from each of the five major Hidden Villages, as if he was trying to anger all of them. As a result of these and other offenses, he is wanted in virtually every country on the continent and has a massive bounty on his head.

Currently, Nobuyuki continues to wander, seemingly aimlessly. He offers his skills as an assassin and warrior to anyone who can pay. The price is high, but the results are undeniable.
    You're welcome

As always, wonderful and balanced characters both. Perhaps Nobuyuki could work for the Takamori Household much in the same way as Mifune Akira does?

You can as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Leech also could return under the Takamori Clan. It is less backstaby then Kyo.

Well.... now I need to find a reason of why someone bearing the Corpse Bone Pathways Kekkei Genkai is living in the Chasm Village >.< but that would stretch even my willing suspension of disbelieving.
    They don't have to be part of the Chasm. We're looking for villains and random other people as well as genin and other members of the Chasms. There are a lot of roles to fill.

Saying that, more people would lessen the burden for the -need- for more then one character per person. But that still wouldn't stop people from playing more then one at all.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-03-14 at 12:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

My characters' abilities are pretty much finished, unless anyone has significant problems with them.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Right. Here my characters are, preliminary (i.e. mainly abilities right now).

Akiyama Junko, Blue Flash
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classification: B-Rank
    Birthdate: ?
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?

Bloodline: None, but inventor of the Hiraishin no Jutsu

Notable Jutsu:

* Shikei no In (Capital Punishment Seal): This seal, normally placed on special kunai, is used as a complement to the Hiraishin no Jutsu. At present, Junko can only keep a link to five seals at once for the purposes of Hiraishin no Jutsu.

* Hiraishin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique): This technique allows Junko to teleport to any one of the seals she has created with Shikei no In, at a fairly high rate.

Special Abilities:

Genjutsu: Poor. Junko's skills in this area tend more towards dispelling than creating Genjutsu.

Taijutsu: Excellent. Junko uses a style of Taijutsu that works well in conjunction with the Hiraishin no Jutsu.

Ninjutsu: Average. Although she is quite good at sealing techniques, Junko's skills in other Ninjutsu are at the lower end of Jounin skills. However, she does have some fairly standard offensive Jutsu.

...she covers it in stealth missions, don't worry.
    Blue Flash eh'?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

I am noticing a lack of genjutsu. Darn you Kishimoto for making genjutsu boring!

Maybe a genjutsu that makes the user seem slow and clumsy, allowing her to punch you in the face? I could make a genin!

Incidentally, my character could easily still be officially a genin, if we're short on them.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #204

http://naruto.wikia.com/index.php?ti...ation=Genjutsu

Here's a full list of Genjutsu off the wiki. While not as long there are some low levels and some goodies.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

And there goes my next half an hour. Thanks. xD
    I could steal that bloodline from the Kurama clan...

False Surroundings isn't bad. Most of the others are utterly all-or-nothing. Which is the main problem with genjutsu, if they beat it it's just a waste of chakra, and if they don't then game over, you lose.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

26. - Top - End - #206

They were fairly hard to balance in the last game unfortunately. We had a few pulled off rather well but normally using them should be done after you talk to the person. That way everyone is happy with the outcome.

That suggestion is actually on the very few rules we've got around here. But it bares repeating over and over. Talk to people if you are involved in a fight with them. Each time. This really helps avoid problems down the road with hurt feelings, godmodding and other such issues that can come up in Free Form.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

All makes sense. Like I said, I may make a genjutsu-enabling-taijutsu genin.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Want to be on Junko's Genin squad?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #209

Still working on Sora, but I fleshed out the insanity part more and also tried to make it come back with her jutsu abilities. She's able to use Boil element when working with the Two Tailed Cat (who favors the calm personality). If she doesn't her element is Water and the Nibi has Fire. I discussed this part with Frozen_Feet, who's offered to take the role of Nibi. I'm not very familiar with the Boil Jutsu so I have to work that out some more and I have to make a list of Water Jutsu, so expect that to come soon.

Question though, when remembering most of the Jinchuuriki I notice that most of them are somehow related to their respectful Kage. Can I make mine a daughter of the current Mizukage (I figured that due to her water element jutsu she'd belong better in the Land of Water)? She'll be in the Chasm for diplomatic reasons, perhaps to show her Kage that she can be trusted and of value.

Edit: Worked out most of her skill set. Water jutsu is done, want to work some more on the boiling jutsu. Will do that later. Also made her younger so it would make more sense for her to be having family inferiority issues.

Spoiler
    Show

Name/Rank: Sora of the Mist /Jonin/Jinchuuriki of the Two Tailed Cat
    Classification: A when working together with Nibi, B when not
    Birthdate: 13.6
    Height: 170cm/5'7"
    Weight: 58kg/130lb
    Blood type: AB-
    Affiliation/Kage: Kirigakure/Mizukage

Appearance: Sora is a lean, muscled woman with normal female curves. Her eyes are green and cat shaped, while her canines are sharper then the average human, revealing herself as the host of the Nibi. She has loose shoulder length hair that is light blue and in a ponytail, with bangs covering her forehead.
    Her outfit is made up from your basic jounin jacket and female ninja shoes, while she wears her headband around her neck like a collar. She wears long black socks that reach up to her knees and black tight shorts. Over these shorts she wears a short dark blue skirt with a split on her right side, covered with a belt that holds her tools like kunai's etc. Sora also wears a sleeveless light blue shirt with an open back and ends in a turtleneck around her neck. On her right shoulder she has a cat paw tattoo.

Notable Jutsu:
    Water release: (Sora can create water from air or chakra, but is at her strongest when she's near water.)
    Cat Bullet Technique: Sora creates a large cat made out of water that will attack her opponent and deal immense physical damage. The more water Sora has at her disposal the stronger it becomes.

Water Gun Technique
    : Sora spits a large amount of water at her target.

Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death: A one handed seal technique, Sora grabs her opponent, creates a circle of sharp water needles around them and fires those before jumping away.

Great Waterfall technique: This technique extends water over a large scale, surges and rises up to several dozen meters high. Then it streams down to the ground in one big cascade, much like a gigantic waterfall. In doing so, it resembles a huge wave, with tremendous power that can hollow out the ground. (Only works when Sora has Nibi's chakra at her disposal)

Exploding Water Colliding Wave:
    The user spits out a great volume of water from their mouth, swallowing up and crushing the enemy with the advancing surge. The user can ride the wave, allowing them to move at high speed, and attack the enemy, now swept off their feet, without fear of counter-attacks. The amount of water created is proportional to the amount of chakra used. (Only works when Sora has Nibi's chakra at her disposal)

Defense:
    Water clone technique: Sora creates a clone out of water.

Hidden in Water technique: Sora blends into the water around her.

Hidden Myst technique: Sora creates a thick mist with her chakra, causing her to appear or disappear at will for her target.

Water Prison technique: Sora traps her opponent in a almost inescapable sphere of water, but has to hold at least one arm in contact with this prison.

Special Abilities
    : Sora has certain special abilities due to her role as a host of a Byuu. This works only if the Nibi and Sora work together, else she's stuck with her water Jutsu.
    Boil Element Jutsu:
    Scolding Steam Technique: the user blows forth a cloud of steam well above boiling-point of water in temperature to cook her enemies alive. Despite it's intense heat, this Jutsu actually has great utility in putting out fires, as it replaces all air and Katon Chakra in an area.

Caustic Mist Technique: creates green-tinted cloud of deceptively cool mist. However, it's infused with Katon Chakra, causing chemical reactions in contact with bare skin, resulting to painful burn wounds. This Jutsu actually has two variations: one makes alkaline, while other makes acidic mist. The first is increasingly dangerous to organic substances, while the latter reacts more strongly and sometimes violently with metals.

Jinchuuriki shapes:
    Balanced form: When Sora and the Nibi work together in a balanced way Sora is able to use the Two Tailed Cat cloak as protection. In this shape it is easier for her to use Boil Element jutsu and she's faster and stronger then she is alone. The cloak can be seen around her in the form of a two tailed cat and is created by mist.

Unbalanced form: When Sora is unbalanced and still tries to use the Nibi's powers, she'll instead call out a cloak made out of fire which hurts her body. It is still the shape of the Two Tailed Cat, but Sora is unable to use any sort of elemental jutsu and therefore relies more on strength and speed.

Personality: Sora is known for having two distinct personalities. Nobody is sure how this came to be. The rumors are that she has been put into severe danger as a child by her village as a part of her training for being a jinchikuuri. Others think she's always been like that, but most rumors believe that her mind did this to deal with the presence of the Nibi.

Her basic and normal personality is very mellow and sweet. She doesn't make a fuss about a lot and is willing to help those she cares about.
    Her other personality however comes out when Sora is experiencing a great amount of stress. If the stress is high enough, her vicious, sadistic and violent personality will take over. This personality is known to be highly intelligent and set on killing all who Sora deems her enemy, though friends don't have to be safe from her per say. This Sora also rather avoids battle then being in one. If she is engaged in a fight she rather tries to get out of it with her defensive abilities.
    This second personality is the cause that most people in Sora's village usually try to keep her calm, for her host powers are over great importance, but having her running around murdering everybody is of course unwanted. It's unsure if Sora is aware of this second personality.
    Note: stress does not have to be fights per say, once Sora was highly stressed over a boy who tried to kiss her and that boy is now missing an arm.
    Note 2: The actually explenation regarding these two personalities is due to Sora being inhabited by the Nibi. The Two Tailed Cat controls fire, while Sora controls water and this is also the reason why people of Sora's clan get chosen as a host.
    The balance between the Nibi and Sora can be seen as Yin and Yang, with Sora functioning as the calm Yin and Nibi as the wild Yang. When Sora experiences a lot of stress the balance starts to shift and Sora pulls too much to the Yang, becoming violent and out of control. This in turn causes a shift in powers which makes her unable to use her own water powers and the fire powers of Nibi. When Sora is in perfect balance, where she and Nibi work together, she can combine their powers into Boil element jutsu. Her powers are completely dependent on how much this 'balance is kept'.

History: Sora is the daughter of the 4th Mizukage. She is the youngest of two and her older brother has been deemed as the best ninja of his generation in the land of Water. Because of this she's always been compared to him and has a slight inferiority complex. When Sora was just an infant the Mizukage had a desire of more power so he could solidify the Land of Water's position as one of the Five Countries. To do this they needed a Byuu and the Two Tailed cat got targeted for it's Fire powers, knowing that the clan of the Mizukage specialized in Water jutsu and therefore could keep the animal under control.
    Sora got chosen to be it's host due to her connection with the kage and her lineage, also her young age would make it possible to form her into a powerful weapon of the Village.
    However Sora would disappoint her family due to her lack in desire to fight. While her calm personality made her the perfect host for the Nibi, she also rather talked problems out than use violence. For this she got sidetracked by her family and the focus went to her older brother who did have the desired power trades. The only reason Sora didn't lose the Nibi because her personality, as long as it remained calm, could keep the Nibi in check and out of the hand of others.
    In the hopes of gaining her fathers favor back, Sora has been working very hard into becoming a competent Shinibo and has shown to have the skill and brains for it, but it has become hard to outshine her brother. Even though she has become a Jounin, her brother still is the favorite and Sora is becoming desperate for attention from her parents. It is for this reason that she volunteered to go on a diplomatic mission to Chasms, in the hope of proving her worth and gaining her fathers favor.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2011-03-14 at 04:51 PM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Want to be on Junko's Genin squad?
    With my actual genin, or my really-shouldn't-be-a-genin?