New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Black Stone [IC]

Spoiler
    Show
    Anon and Honikan, your characters represent the nation of Alyúme. Deadkoo, as the only ghoul in the party you represent Méru. There are other people with you on the ship, from both nations and both races (possibly even some humans). Their roles on the expedition are not specified, and you each probably know a bunch of them. Feel free to make basic assumptions about them.

{table="head"]Character|Player|Race|Class|Role
    Algol|deadkoo|Ghoul|Fighter|Defender
    Ilvaen|Anonomuss|Lycan|Cleric|Leader
    Ren Vyrilik|Honikan|Lycan|Hunter Ranger|Striker[/table]

The ship set sail for the island of Šetlon, loaded with equipment and several people. The weather was good, and the captain assured you that the ship would arrive in good time at a small port town on the eastern coast of the island.

On the second day of your voyage, the island appeared on the horizon, and a few hours later you docked in the small village. Stepping off the ship, however, you are greeted by silence. The village is quiet, and there are no signs of any villagers or even animals.

While the crew begins unloading the ship, the captain walks up to you and looks about the empty village "I was told the village was inhabited last our ships came this way, but it looks mighty quiet to me now. I had hoped we could find a local guide to lead us inland."

Spoiler
    Show
    A crude and ugly map of the village, but I hope it serves. You are, naturally, standing on the docks, by the ship.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Stone [IC]

Ilvaen

"It is quiet." Ilvaen mused, looking about. "But still, Captain, there may be someone around here, who's just being impolite. Not that such a person is quite who we're looking for, but they may be adequate for our needs."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

The heavily armored ghoul glances at the quiet village, his face impassive. Glancing at the lycan cleric, Are you offering your services Ilvaen?

4. - Top - End - #4

Ilvaen

"Oh, ho ho Algol. Well done. I see your sense of wit was not lost to us on that voyage. Unfortunately, the Captain was referring to 'locals' of which I am not one. But if it pleases you, I'll be happy to wander into some of these abandoned hovels, and tell them Algol wants a word. Maybe ask one or two of them for directions, and see what I can find."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The captain looks between you before speaking "It would be quite useful to know if there are anyone here, if you could look around. The crew and I can take care of the ship meanwhile."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

"I don't believe trouncing around an abandonded town is the best choice at this moment. Maybe we should avoid the town for now, or send a messenger animal in. Risking ourselves so early on would be foolish, and I wish not to let myself fall so easily to some preditor waiting for its next meal."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Glancing at the bow wielding lycan, Algol shakes his head.

So much for the bravery of the Lycan... he mutters under his breath. Turning to grin a teeth full of yellow at Ilvaen. I do however agree. I can't think of a good reason for this village to be so quiet...

With that the ghoul loosen's his bastard sword in it's sheath across his shoulder.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

"Not cowardice, cautiousness. But if you wish to get yourself killed, I shall attept to prevent that inevitability. Of course, no offense intended."
    Ren bows slightly to show SOME curtesy.

9. - Top - End - #9

Ilvaen

"Well, maybe if we just take a look together we'll be able to keep an eye on one another." Ilvaen said, inclining his head towards Algol "and maybe your big sword might come in handy."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

Ren sighs and draws his bow, then starts to move towards the abandoned town. He turns around and says

"Well Algol, lead the way mighty warrior. Honestly, neither of us," pointing to Ilvaen and himself, "could take much of a beating. It would be better if I take up the rear as well."

Ren makes a "move forward" gesture with his hands and waits for Algol.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"If you need help just make a noise, otherwise I'll be on the ship" the captain says, pointing a thumb back at the ship before heading on board again

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

"Guess I'm first.
    Ren walks calmly forward, glancing cautiously at any little thing that moves. Being suspicious can be a trait that sometimes overwhelms him. Ren sees a piece of paper get picked up by the wind an immediately shoots at arrow through it.

He sighs, thinking he overreacted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+13)[31]
    Sanity - never mind

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

You enter the small village. Looking around the houses seem abandoned. A few have broken windows, but otherwise the place looks like people simply up and vanished.

Ren suddenly catches a movement out of the corner of his eyes. Turning around he gets a brief glimpse of something running and immediately disappearing behind a large house. Ren could swear it was a werewolf, coming from the docks.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

"Did anyone else see that? I could swear that I saw... um..."
    Ren shakes his head, trying to get the images outs of his head. Was it real, or his imagination?
    "Just be on your guard, ok?"
    Ren keeps walking as he mutters softly to himself.

15. - Top - End - #15

Ilvaen

Ilvaen puts his hand on Ren's shoulder. "I'm all for keeping on our toes. What do you think you saw?" he asked.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

"Do you remember there being any werewolves on the ship?"
    He points at one building behind them.
    "I saw one run from there,"
    He points at another,
    "to there. I'm just hoping that The Nightingale isn't showing me visions again, I feel as though I go insane from them."
    Ren shakes his head.
    "Did you see it?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

You don't get to ponder the issue for long, before a sudden violent explosion in the direction of the docks shatters the peace. A massive plume of fire and smoke rises from the docks, mixed with screams and howls and soon the sound of desperate fighting.

In immediate response to the inferno, several beasts leap out at you from hiding behind buildings or on the roofs. Those on the roof rain stones down upon your heads, while a large brutish werewolf holding a wicked club leads a bunch of others on the ground. Holding its weapon high it howls in rage at you "Vrehjo oruknar!" None of you understand it, but you got the gist of it. The others howl in response.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to Ren from werewolves

9 damage to Ilvaen from werewolves

The unmarked enemies on the map are werewolves, those on the roofs armed with stones, those on the ground unarmed. The one marked W is the large werewolf with the club.

You just act in the order you post.

Ilvaen: 47/56 hp
    Algol: 67/67 hp
    Ren: 46/56 hp
    Large Werewolf:
    Werewolves:

18. - Top - End - #18

Ilvaen

Stumbling backwards from the werewolves, Ilvaen reaches into his pocket, mumbling under his breath. "Where is it... I know I kept it somewhere...Oh, here it is. How does it go again...Oh, yes. Back creatures, fear the Nightingale's Brilliance! Ilvaen raised a holy symbol of the nightingale above his head, and it began to glow brightly, becoming almost painful to look upon.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to J9

Astral Flare
    G8-(d20+9)[25] v Will
    H7-(d20+9)[20] v Will
    J11-(d20+9)[11] v Will
    K6-(d20+9)[10] v Will
    L11-(d20+9)[28] v Will

On a hit they are dazed until the end of Ilvaen's next turn.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

Startled be the sudden onrush, he quickly slings his bow over his back and pulls out his spear. This half-spear has a blade slightly larger than a dagger attached to it, making it seem a little more fearsome. He grips the spear with two hands and slashes forcefully down on the shoulder of the werewolf in front of him, then jumps back and around the corner to assist Ilvaen.

Spoiler
    Show
    I make J11 my Quarry (+1d8 dmg)

Parting Strike on J11
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+12)[26]
    Hit: (2d8+9)[12]
    Quarry: (1d8)[1]
    Target is slowed until the end of my next turn
    Shift to K8 (3 squares)
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-03-24 at 07:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Ilvaen dazes three of the werewolves with his holy light, while Ren and Algol try to bring the beasts down. Ren's arrow rips through the throat of his target, yet it doesn't seem to notice and continues its assault before finally collapsing with a furious growl. Algol nearly decapitates one and cuts deep into another, yet they too are slow to fall, lashing out at him in response before finally collapsing.

The large werewolf charges at Algol, bringing its club down upon him, while the other werewolves rain stones down upon Ren and Ilvaen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ilvaen misses J11 and K6. G8, H7 and L11 are dazed til end of Ilvaen's turn.

Ren hits J11. It remains standing.

Algol's actions: Passing attack. Algol hits G8 and H7. They remain standing.

12 damage to Algol from large werewolf.

Werewolves miss Algol. 5 damage to Ren from K6. 15 damage to Ilvaen from G13, I14 and L11. J11 moves to J10, Critical hit against Ilvaen, 6 damage.

Ilvaen is exposed to the dark curse, and needs to make a saving throw at the end of the encounter to avoid being infected.

G8, H7 and J10 die at the end of their turns.

Your turn again.

Ilvaen: 26/56 hp, exposed to curse
    Algol: 55/67 hp
    Ren: 41/56 hp

Large Werewolf:
    Werewolves: dazed til end of Ilvaen's turn (L11), slowed til end of Ren's turn (J10)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

Ren spins his spear around and sticks it into the ground. Then unsheathes his bow and knocks two arrows. Ren glances around quickly, trying to decide on a target. "Take out the ones on the roof!" Ren fires on arrow at the werewolf above him, and the other at the large and vicious one charging Algol, yelling "Duck, Algol!" as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the Large Werewolf G7

Twin Shot
    Attack vs AC K6: (1d20+11)[28]
    Attack vs AC G7: (1d20+11)[18]
    Hit K6: (1d12+4)[13]
    Hit G7: (1d12+4)[6]
    Hunter's Quarry G7: (1d8)[1]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-03-26 at 05:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Ilvaen

Wincing from the pain of the wounds inflicted upon him, Ilvaen mumbles a prayer to the nightingale and sighs as his wounds begin to close over. He raises the holy symbol once more, focusing on the large werewolf, he released bands of light that flew to hinder its movement and attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

Denunciation-(d20+9)[14] v will
    On a hit, the werewolf is dazed and takes a -3 penalty to defences and attack rolls until the end of Ilvaen's next turn.

Minor Action-Bastion of Health on Ilvaen
    He spends a Healing Surge and regains (d6+27)[33] hit points.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Ren fires twice, missing the big one, but impaling the one on the roof who nonetheless remains defiantly standing, throwing a stone in return before finally collapsing.

Ilvaen fails to hinder the large wolf, but does find the pain from his wounds much diminished.

Algol pushes back the large wolf with hard steel and determination. While the ones on the roof continue their stone throwing, the large wolf bites at Algol, managing to find a hole in his defenses.

Spoiler
    Show
    Honikan: Don't edit rolls, and don't make your edits look like they are rolls from the forum roller. If something went wrong with you rolls, post a note OOC instead, maybe with new rolls if necessary.

Ren hits K6. It remains standing

Ilvaen misses the big wolf, but regains 33 hp.

Algol's actions: Tide of Iron on big wolf. 11 damage to big wolf from Algol and it is pushed 1 square, Algol moves into its former square.

6 damage to Algol from big wolf, and he takes 5 ongoing damage (save ends) and is exposed to the werewolf curse.

The big wolf regains 5 hp.

Critical hit to Ren from K6, 6 damage. G13 and I14 miss Ilvaen. 9 damage to Algol from F5 and L11.

K6 dies.

Your turn again.

Ilvaen: 56/56 hp, exposed to curse
    Algol: 40/67 hp, ongoing 5 (save ends), exposed to curse
    Ren: 35/56 hp

Large Werewolf: Barely wounded, Quarry
    Werewolves:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vryilik

Ren swears, drawing two more arrows. "You're mine, now die!" Ren yells at the beastly-looking werewolf, loosing the first shot right at the large werewolf, with the second at a strategic angle on the bow, aiming at the werewolf on the roof above.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry on F7

Standard: Twin Shot on F7 and F5
    Attack vs AC on F7: (1d20+11)[12]
    Attack vs AC on F5: (1d20+11)[17]
    Hit on F7: (1d12+4)[9]
    Hit on F5: (1d12+4)[7]
    Hunter's Quarry on F7: (1d8)[6]

EDIT: add cold damage to this shots
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-03-28 at 10:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Ilvaen

Ilvaen tries again to use the holy symbol to restrain the werewolf, although it is slightly less suprising this time.

Spoiler
    Show

Bane on Werewolf Non-minion
    (d20+9)[11] v Will
    On a hit it takes a -4 to all defences and to its attacks until the end of Ilvaen's next turn.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Neither Ren nor Ilvaen have any luck against the beasts, though Algol fares better as he continues to press the large werewolf.

The large werewolf shows no sign of giving up, however, striking out at the ghoul with its massive club. The werewolves on the roofs likewise continue their assault, though most of the stones miss you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ren misses both.

Ilvaen misses too The dice really don't favour you lately.

5 damage (ongoing) to algol

Algol's actions: Rain of Steel. Tide of Iron against large werewolf, 9 damage and it is pushed 1 square. Algol moves into its former space. Algol fails his save against ongoing.

Large werewolf regains 5 hp. 7 damage to large werewolf from Algol's rain of steel.

8 damage to Algol from large werewolf.

4 damage to Algol from F5. G13 and I14 missed Ilvaen.

Your turns again.

Algol: 23/67 hp, ongoing 5 (save ends), exposed to curse
    Ren: 35/56 hp

Large Werewolf: Wounded, Quarry
    Werewolves:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik

Ren rushes forward to assist Algol, firing a flurry of arrows as he does. "Hey, you big brute!" he shouts at the Large Werewolf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry on E7

Standard: Skirmishing Shot on E7
    Effect: move to E9
    Attack:(1d20+11)[27]
    Hit: (2d12+8)[19] cold damage
    Hunter's Quarry: (1d8)[1]
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-03-31 at 10:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Ilvaen

Seeing Algol begin to falter, Ilvaen mutters a prayer to the nightingale, to hearten Algol against the assault of the werewolf. At the same time, he removed some bandages from his pack and began to bandage Ren's wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing Word on Algol-(3d6+10)[18] and HS hp regained.
    Physician's Care on Ren- He can spend a healing surge and regain an additional (d6+6)[11]hp

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Ren delivers a cut to the large werewolf, while Ilvaen tries to keep everyone standing and Algol continues his attack against the beast.

The large werewolf strikes out at Algol again, but misses. The werewolves on the roof have little luck as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    20 damage to large werewolf from Ren.

Algol spends surge and regains 34 hp.

Ren spends surge and regains 25 hp.

5 damage (ongoing) to algol. 11 damage to large werewolf from Algol. Algol fails his save against ongoing damage.

Large werewolf regains 5 hp. 5 damage to large werewolf from Algol.

Large werewolf missed Algol.

1 damage to Algol from F5.

Your turns again.

Algol: 51/67 hp, ongoing 5 (save ends), exposed to curse
    Ren: 56/56 hp
    Large Werewolf: Wounded, Quarry
    Werewolves:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ren Vyrilik
    Ren begins to growl, angered with the resilience of the larger werewolf, "Why won't you just die?!" He fires two arrows, aiming for the werewolf's weak points.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry on E7

Standard: Twin shot on E7
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+11)[25]
    Attack vs AC 2: (1d20+11)[17]
    Hit: (1d12+4)[11] cold damage
    Hit 2: (1d12+4)[16] cold damage
    Hunter's Quarry: (1d8)[4]