Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Community Project: The Morndinsamman, Expanded (3.5)

I thought it was Berronar, but unosarta should know if that's true better than I would.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    If I remember correctly, one of the deities on the list is considered God of the Earth, although I'll have to recheck my books to see which one. I need sleep first, though, so I'll get back to you in the morning.

EDIT: I remember off the top of my head! Dumathoin.
    Awesome. Dumathoin would be a great deity for Druids. I like the idea of a druidic influence, even minor, in Dwarven culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I thought it was Berronar, but unosarta should know if that's true better than I would.
    Nah, Berronar is much more of a matron or protector and educator than a pure earth goddess. She has many things in connection to more RL earth goddesses, but her aspect is more to do with the dwarfs themselves, rather than the earth that they were supposedly made from.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Dumathoin is the god of the earth. He is known as the "Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain." He was the one who, at the forging of the world, hid veins of metal in the earth for Dwarves to find. He is patron of miners, and Mountain Dwarves in particular (this has caused much enmity with Abbathor, who also wanted to be patron of the Mountain Dwarves). His most faithful followers always carry a single gemstone, one consecrated by his priests.

Dumathoin chose particular areas to lay down veins of metal by choosing the hardest areas to get to. That way, only the diligent and hardworking got the change to reap the awards. His omens usually come in the form of the unblocking of obstacles, or earthquakes. Clerics of Dumathoin have a very spiritual connection to the earth itself, and they are said to be able to manipulate it for their needs.

Dumathoin is described as a barrel chested with hair and a beard the color of gray stone. He has earth-brown skin, and eyes of liquid silver and fire. Dumathoin can see through solid rock, and can summon 1d6 Huge earth elementals. He wields a mattock made from solid magma. He is outright immune to all earth spells that are cast by a spellcaster whose caster level is not at least 22 whenever it would be beneficial for him, and casts spells as a Wu Jen specializing in the element of Earth.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

He wields a mattock made from solid magma.
    Wouldn't solid magma be igneous rock? Since magma is just liquid rock?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Wouldn't solid magma be igneous rock? Since magma is just liquid rock?
    I just wrote how it was described specifically in the book. My assumption was that it was liquid that was magically held in the shape of a mattock. I dunno, the writers should've made it more clear that it wasn't just rock.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures (Druid)

Spoiler
    Show

[1]

The Shepherds of the Earthen Pastures are druids that have devoted their lives to Dumathoin, the Shepherd of the Earth. They are pledged to protect the world, and the ores, stones, dirt, and subterranean places in it. They tend to be fairly aloof and alone, but they accomplish many of the greatest Dwarven feats of architecture, using their powers in order to shape the earth so as to harm it the least, while allowing the dwarfs to live in it. They congregate in underground caves and tunnels, and have nightly masses to the Earthen Father.

Hit Dice: d8

Requirements
    To become a Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures, a character must be a Dwarf, and about to take his or her 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th levels of Druid.

Class Skills
    The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures has the same selection of skills as a regular druid, plus Knowledge (Architecture) and Knowledge (Dungeoneering).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier

Class Features

All of the following are features of the Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures substitution levels.

Silt Companion (Su): The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures gains an earth elemental companion, with hit dice equal to the Shepherd of the Earthen Patures' hit dice. When the Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures reaches key levels, the companion grows in size, as shown on the table below. This ability replaces the Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures' Animal Companion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|Elemental Size

1-3
    |Small|

4-6
    |Medium|

7-9
    |Large|

10-12
    |Huge|

13-15
    |Greater|

16-18
    |Elder|[/table]

Subterrestrial Step (Ex): The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures gains a Burrow Speed equal to one half of his base land speed. This ability replaces the Woodland Stride class feature.

Sing to the Earth (Su): The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures is able to communicate with Elementals via telepathy, regardless of the elemental's languages. They gain a +2 bonus on all skills used to interact with Elementals.
    This ability replaces the Trackless Step class feature.

Elemental Form (Su): The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures may, once per day, turn into any elemental whose hit dice does not exceed the Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures' Druid level, and turn back into his regular form as a standard action. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level. Turning back into his regular form causes him to regain lost hit points as if he had rested for a night. Any gear worn or carried melds into the elemental form and becomes non-functional, reappearing after the effect ends. The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures loses the ability to speak while in elemental form. The Shepherd of the Earthen Pastures may use this ability an additional time per day at 6th, 7th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level. The size of the elemental is not dependent upon level.

This ability replaces the Druid's Wildshape ability.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoy the Druid substitution levels. I do have a question, however: What replaces the Druid's usual ability to Wildshape into an elemental?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoy the Druid substitution levels. I do have a question, however: What replaces the Druid's usual ability to Wildshape into an elemental?
    He just can't. This replaces the druid's entire ability to Wildshape. Since that part is granted at level 18, and still considered part of Wildshape, it is also removed, when gaining the substitution level.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. It looks very good, then.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Time to get back into this project! Continuing with Clanggedin, I'm thinking I may look into making his prestige class. I'll need some advice though.

First, what does it do. Obviously, it needs to be war-like. I'm thinking give him abilities related to fearlessness (in a general sense, not just specifically immunity to fear effects), and being able to take punishment, both for themselves and others, and actually benefitting from being harmed.

Second, who is it aimed for. I can't tell if I want to focus it on one of the melee classes, or make it good for all of them. The big reason I need to know is to understand exactly what my abilities will be tailored to: say, focusing on a paladin means making smite do something new, yet if it is focused on none then I won't put that in there.

Thoughts?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps it could be a Knight prestige class? Knights don't get a lot of support, after all, and Knights do serve the "tank" role.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like Knights, whatever people may think of them, so that would actually be a very good start! Probably a good correlation to what Clanggedin's warriors would be like, too.