Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Paranoia over voice chat

I suddenly got the idea to try to introduce Paranoia to my Skype-based DnD group, but since I've never GM ANYTHING before, I instantly went online looking for tips.

I read a few threads on this forum about it, which were certainly helpful. I've only played Paranoia (Zap-style, which is what I want to play with my group now) via IRC chat, which worked pretty well I think. The tips I read online though often assumed the group was playing in real life.

Are there any specific tips for running a game via voice chat? I know I could "pass notes" via individual PMs, but any other advice would be helpful. Thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Paranoia over voice chat

Buy/download a voice synthesizer to speak through when acting in the role of Friend Computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Paranoia over voice chat

Randomly cut out your Skype at appropriate times. Leave them scrambling in the dark for a little bit, whilst you make them incredibly paranoid. If your group is down for that.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.