A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Expanded Dragonblood

Furbrothers
    You’ve heard of the gorgonid dragons before I assume. Well when searching for Soul Dragons I found an interesting valley. It was inhabited by a race of reptilian humanoids, reminiscent of the thunder-lizards found on some prime material worlds (I theorize these giant reptiles are the results of draconic tempering with bloodlines). Amongst them were those which were descended from a tribe of legendary furred dragons which had moved through the area 2000 years before. These descendants were marked by their forefathers, lacking scales like their brethren but instead having golden-brown fur and sharp, dagger-like canines. Between these signs of inheritance, and their increased weakness to cold compared to their kin, who already showed weaknesses to cold, and their total immunity to fire I theorize that they are descended from gorgonid dragons. Faster, and more agile than their kin, they lack the armored plating that others have, making up for it with their powerful fangs they use for close combat biting.

--Zasper from the world of Trogil.

Furbrothers are somewhat thinner or more wiry than other finheads. The largest changes are their saber-teeth, and golden-brown fur which replaces their scales entirely.

Furhead Racial Traits:
    • +4 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom: Furbrothers have good reflexes and exceptional insight.
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, furbrothers have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Speed: Furbrother base speed is 50 feet.
    • Humanoid with the Reptilian, Dragonblood, and Fire subtypes.
    • Base Hit Dice: A furbrother has 2d8 Hit Dice in addition to Hit Dice from its character levels. These racial Hit Dice give it a starting base attack bonus of +1 and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +0.
    • Racial Skills: A furbrother gets 10 skill points for its racial Hit Dice. The class skills for these skill points are Balance, Craft (any), and Jump.
    • Feats: A furbrother may choose one feat for its racial HD. (Most choose Multiattack.)
    • Natural Armor Bonus: A furbrother has a +2 natural armor bonus.
    • Natural Attacks: A furbrother can make two claw attacks a bite attack, and one tail attack. Each claw attack deals 1d4 points of damage plus Strength modifier, the bite attack deals 1d8 points of damage plus Strength penalty or one-half of Strength bonus, and the tail attack deals 1d3 points of damage plus Strength penalty or one-half Strength bonus.
    • Special Qualities: A furbrother has cold torpor, protection from sonic attacks, scent, and vulnerability to gas attacks, as described in the Combat section of Saurials (Serpent Kingdoms web enhancement).
    • Fire Immunity: A furbrother is immune to fire damage.
    • Cold Vulnerability: A furbrother takes 150% damage from cold.
    • Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, and Celestial.
    • Favored Class: Barbarian.
    • Level Adjustment: +2
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Aeonblood Elves
    In the misty dawn of time, a dragon of time sired a child upon an elf maid. This child became a king of legends, known as the Aeon King by the elves. In the tens of millennia that have since passed, his bloodline ruled for generations for many years, eventually growing cruel and corrupt only to be struck down by a traveller. His bloodline still lived on in bastards born to the rulers, and nobles, fighting along both sides of the Kinslayer War. Among the high elves occasionally one is born that has inherited a small sliver of the Aeon King’s powers, just enough to make them different than their kin.

Aeonblood elves have pure silver eyes and tend to be paler than their kin, with lighter colored hair.

Yes I went with super dilute over more power.
    These traits are in addition to those of normal elves unless stated otherwise.
    • Dragonblood subtype; aeonblood elves have the dragonblood subtype in addition to the elf subtype.
    • No bonus to Search or free check to find secret doors.
    • Immune to slow effects, +2 on saves against sleep, paralysis, hold, and time based effects. This replaces a normal elf’s immunity to sleep, and bonus to Will saves against enchantments.
    • Swift Haste 1/day + 1/day per 3 character levels.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Gehrellim
    In those scattered bergs that manage to exist on Gehenna occasionally a child is born, fiendish blood tainting their heritage. I know what you’re thinking, I’m a barmie for thinking there’s anything unusual about a tiefling on the lower planes, but these planetouched are a tad different. Instead of the blood of baatezu or other fiends called up from the planes themselves, they’re descended from those hellish dragons the place has to offer. These gehrellim take after their draconic ancestors, standing bigger and taller than their human kin. Their skin black and red, with the texture of rough stone, not volcanic obsidian but those porous red rocks you can find on some volcanoes. Their eyes are a bright yellow, and these cutters are bad people. They’re cold, cruel, and vicious.
    • +2 Strength, +2 Constitution. Gehrellim inherit some of their draconic ancestor’s physical power and toughness.
    • Outsider (Native, Dragonblood).
    • Medium Size
    • Speed 30-ft.
    • Fire and Sonic Resistance 10.
    • +2 to Climb and Intimidate checks.
    • Shatter 1/day, CL = character level.
    • Favored Class: Fighter
    • LA: +1.

Current Projects:

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Half-Time Dragon:
    The following are the changes from the standard half-dragon template.

Size: A half-time dragon's size increases by 1 step (to a maximum of colossal) with all normal modifications to its ability scores and natural armor.

Speed: All half-time dragons have wings that grant them a fly speed with average maneuverability at three times their land speed.

Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon: 60-ft Cone of Time Expulsion which throws creatures forward in time (making them disappear unable to act or affected in any way until time catches up with them) 2d6 rounds a successful Will save (DC 10 +1/2 hit dice + Constitution modifier) negates. Once a half-time dragon has used this ability it must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again.

Special Qualities:
    Time Control (Su): A half-time dragon has an ability to manipulate time similar to the youngest of its parents. It can haste itself for 5 rounds a day as a free action. They are also immune to slow effects and the Time Hop psionic power.

Abilities: +6 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma. These are in addition to the modifications for increasing in size.

Feat: A half-time dragon gains the epic feat Spell Stowaway (Time Hop) as a bonus feat.

CR: +3.

LA: +4 (should I up it to +5, size increase with ability score mods is big, but standard half-dragon is a little over-rated at +3).

Current Projects:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

It's great!

I don't think you need to up it to +5, though.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    It's great!

I don't think you need to up it to +5, though.
    Yay. I'm always a little unsure about LA since I know WotC made it unplayable even by low/no opt standards most of the time. And these get something like (since different sizes get different things) a net of +14 Str, +6 Con, +6 natural armor, +4 Int, +4 Cha, the ability to cast people out of time every 1d4 rounds, flight, reach, and an epic feat which is a lot of stuff.

Also working on Ironrune Dragonborn I realized I'd need to detail the Sleeper mentioned in Brightsteel and Ironrune fluff first. Since it's a god and mostly fluff it should probably be in world-building, right?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-27 at 01:17 PM.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Make the breath 1/day. There's a feat to make it 1d4 rounds, if they want it that much, they can go get it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

can i see a half-umbra dragon template please

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noxsis View Post
    can i see a half-umbra dragon template please
    Umbra: Half-umbra dragons inherit some of their draconic forebear's dark power, albeit simply a small portion. They gain a +8 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, and +6 Cha instead of the normal half-dragon ability modifiers. In addition they gain darkvision 120-ft and the ability to see in magical darkness as if it were mundane darkness. All half-umbra dragons also gain their charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to AC, but do not gain a bonus to natural armor like most dragons. Their breath weapon deals 3 negative levels, with a Fort save (Con based) for half; half-umbra dragons are immune to energy draining effects. They have a +4 LA.

Already on the other thread, but as it was just a little part of a big half-dragon post it's easy to miss. Actually how hard it is to find the one you're looking for on that is why I made this thread.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

didint relize that post exsisted until now sorry
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-03-27 at 03:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Ironsoul Dragonborn
    Sometimes a humanoid comes to worship the Sleeper. Entering into a sacred rite, bestowed by his father Bahamut they become a new type of dragonborn. These dragonborn gain the toughness of steel, instead of the breath, wings, or eyes of dragons.

Ironsoul Dragonborn tend to have scales of an iron-grey color. Strange runic markings cover their flesh, shifting as they grow in power.

Instead of gaining one of the Draconic Aspects common to other dragonborn an Ironsoul Dragonborn gains the Runic Hide Aspect.
    Runic Hide (Ex):
    At 1st level you gain +1 natural armor bonus to your AC, as well as immunity to fatigue, exhaustion, poison, nausea, and disease.
    At 6th level you gain Light Fortification
    At 9th level you gain DR 5/magic; this is supernatural.
    At 12th level you gain Moderate Fortification.
    At 15th level you gain DR 5/magic and adamantine; the magic portion is supernatural. This supersedes your previous DR 5/magic.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

didint relize that post exsisted until now sorry
    Don't be. Like I said that post with all the half-dragons is confusing even if you had known it would have been hard/impossible to find on it. I really need to copy all of them off.

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

another two words
    Hex Dragon

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I would like to request a dragonblood race, possibly of th Necrocarnum sorts?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

i was curious can you do stuff for other peoples custom dragons as well(you probobly need permission from them first right)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would like to request a clan of Vanara (OA) descended from one of the Lung Dragons. And also perhaps a clan of Spirit Folk (OA) descended from the Shen Lung. Please and Thank you.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    I would like to request a clan of Vanara (OA) descended from one of the Lung Dragons.
    I second the notion. Gotta love dragon-monkeys!
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Any chance of Lepidodendron-descended Curvedclaws (they're in the Dino Thread)?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

i just had a thought what would be a draegloth born from a shadowscale drow(feel free to change what type of creature the father is).
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-04-03 at 10:20 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not familier with your work but I noticed an error on the shadow soul Illumion's, you call them shadowforged just before you out their stats, other than that, good job.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Tal’quiri the Desert Walkers
    Born amidst the sands of a great desert, the tal’quiri are the result of ancient unions between necrocarnum dragons and human nomads. They appear as humans with sun-darkened skin, and eyes of a bright grey-blue.
    Racial Traits (in addition to those of a normal human):
    • Dragonblood subtype
    • A tal’quiri always has a single soulmeld with necrocarnum in its name shaped. This soulmeld does not remain shaped for a mere 24 hours, although it does automatically reshape after 8 hours of rest if it was somehow unshaped. A tal’quiri can only change which necrocarnum soulmeld he has shaped whenever he gains a character level. If they choose Necrocarnum Weapon they may reassign which weapon it applies to each day after 8 hours of rest. This does not occupy a meldshape slot for meldshaping classes, although counts against their Con based maximum. This replaces a human’s bonus feat.
    • Upon reaching 5th level a tal’quiri develops the ability to bind his chosen racial soulmeld to the crown chakra. As he continues to accrue character levels the chakras available to him increase as shown on the table below (all benefits are cumulative and only apply to their racially selected soulmeld).
      {table]Character Level|Chakras unlocked
      5th-8th|Crown
      9th-12th|Feet and Hands
      13th-16th|Arm, brow, shoulders
      17th-20th|Throat, waist
      21st+|Heart[/table]
    • Favored Class: Incarnate (instead of any).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-04-03 at 07:35 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

i was curious can you do stuff for other peoples custom dragons as well(you probobly need permission from them first right)
    I'd have to read over the dragon and get their permission, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    I would like to request a clan of Vanara (OA) descended from one of the Lung Dragons. And also perhaps a clan of Spirit Folk (OA) descended from the Shen Lung. Please and Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blynkibrax View Post
    I second the notion. Gotta love dragon-monkeys!
    But what to name them? What to name them? I'm bad at naming oriental creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Any chance of Lepidodendron-descended Curvedclaws (they're in the Dino Thread)?
    I'll have to read over them before answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    I'm not familier with your work but I noticed an error on the shadow soul Illumion's, you call them shadowforged just before you out their stats, other than that, good job.
    That's because I didn't write fluff and crunch at the same time.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

If you're still taking requests...

I want a Half-Dragon/Draconic/Dragon-Blooded Sangheili race.

Yes, as in the Elites from Halo. I want me some split faced barsteads.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    If you're still taking requests...

I want a Half-Dragon/Draconic/Dragon-Blooded Sangheili race.

Yes, as in the Elites from Halo. I want me some split faced barsteads.
    Do you know where there are D&D stats for non-draconic ones? I've never played Halo.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I think D&D wiki had a 'D20 Modern: Halo-Style' thingy with Their stats But you're probably good reading over an article or two to get a general idea.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Dandakari:

Descended from the forest dwelling mu lung and the monkey-like vanara, the dandakari are gifted with skill in stealth outpacing even their kin, and an agility unmatched by normal vanara. Dandakari are rare, as the blood of mu lung have long been diluted in their species, but when they are born they are treasured for their nearness to the spirit world. Dandakari look normal until puberty where they develop green patches of fur on their stomach and the backs of their heads. Their eyes are a piercing golden-yellow.

All abilities are in addition to those of normal vanara unless noted otherwise below.
    • +2 to Dexterity and Wisdom.
    • Dragonblood and Spirit subtypes (I couldn't find if Vanara had the latter or not)
    • +4 bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks; this supersedes (does not stack with) the +2 bonus that normal vanara receive.
    • Spirit Sight: A dandakari sees ethereal creatures (including) spirits as easily as they would material creatures, and are able to distinguish between the two. If they would gain this ability due to a class feature or other permanent means (feat) it increases to allow them to see invisible creatures as well as the See Invisibility spell.
    • DR 2/metal (non-metal weapons such as clubs and natural weapons deal 2 less damage to a dandakari).
    • Invisibility 1/day +1/day per 4 levels; once they reach 12th level they may choose to use this ability as Greater Invisibility instead.
    • LA +1.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Blackblood Draegloth:

Only rarely created, as Lolth has no deep love of the shadowscale drow and most are a freak mistake where some long buried umbra dragon heritage manifests itself in a draegloth, blackblood draegloth are to draegloths what shadowscale drow are to drow. They are not hugely more powerful, but they do have certain advantages and differences compared to their more normal counterparts. Their flesh is pure, inky black, and their eyes a somber amethyst glow. Their name comes from their blood which is black as night; blackblood draegloth blood can be used as a power component when scribing a scroll of darkness if those optional rules are used.

The following abilities are changed from those of normal draegloths:
    • In addition to the normal immunities and resistances of a draegloth a blackblood draegloth is immune to energy drain and other effects that inflict negative levels (but not those from wielding a holy/unholy weapon of the opposite alignment or those of similar nature).
    • Blackblood draegloths have shadowscale drow traits instead of drow traits (as a note they list drow traits in the statblock but never define what they get at least not in the copy I have WotC!)
    • Instead of the normal spell-like abilities of a draegloth a blackblood draegloth can use the following mysteries as spell-like abilities 1/day as a 6th level shadowcaster: Sight Obscured, Shadow Skin, Voice of Shadow, and Shadow Storm. They may also use Black Candle as a spell-like ability 4 times per day.
    • Blackblood draegloth gain the Dragonblood subtype.
    • The darkvision of blackblood draegloths functions even in magical darkness.

This might be a little stronger than a normal draegloth in combat (chain lightning instead of unholy blight, shadow skin instead of desecrate, and command instead of faerie fire) but I think it's probably still CR 5 (offensively it's best option is 6d6 damage to one target and 3d6 to 6 others, Reflex save halves).

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Celerixes (singular celerix):

Generations ago the storms raged in the sky and the great beasts ran through the fields. When they did many were born who were different than others, born with scales and claws, and other signs of the great beasts. Generations have passed, and they have intermingled with the tribes of the plains in which they were born, and now these descendants of the great beasts do not make appearance, but instead all humans within are no longer quite that.

Celerixes are paler skinned than normal humans, with bright red hair.

Celerixes are descended from Racer Dragons and have the following racial traits in addition to those of normal humans unless noted otherwise:
    • Dragonblood subtype.
    • 40-ft base land speed.
    • +10-ft to their base land speed at 4th level, +10-ft for every 4 levels beyond that.
    • +2 racial bonus on Constitution checks to continue running.
    • No bonus skill points.

Too strong? Too weak? Is dragonblood subtype and +10 to +60 to your land speed worth your bonus skill points? I know silverbrow can be worth it for bards and they just get feather fall and some minor bonuses with disguise.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

If its the base speed actually increasing then it can be potentially really good. A Celerix Monk would be silly fast (unless its a bonus as Enhancement, then the monk cries harder), but speed isn't necessarily everything (god, think of that jump check). So its good at jumping (what works out to +1/HD on jump checks, more or less) and has decent combat mobility until people start moving around the battlefield with flight and teleports.

With homebrew, I could break the speed thing in half. In core? Whoo, made of goes fast, who cares. Be nice with Warlock though. Flight equal to base land speed and all.

So.... yeah, I'd take Made Of Goes Fast over Normal Human at the drop of a hat. Does that mean its balanced or not? Well, thats not my strong suit. Some would say that if you'd be willing to take option B over option A every time, then A=/=B. Do I think the speed alone justifies a Level Adjustment or RHD? Heck no. *shrug*
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

good word as always zaydos and the dragon i was talking about before is Stycotls Oreichalkos Dragon its abit different then the standard dragon progression but you can defiently says its unique
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-04-04 at 06:46 AM.