New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Gavisoria Games (IC)

This is the official IC thread for the Gavisoria Games.

OCC Thread

Current Player/Character list:

Player Characters:
    Serpentine - Alwynn - Sheet
    Ragged Angel - Maekrix - Sheet
    Demonhunter2012 - Darmok - Sheet
    Jarian - Arafel - Sheet

DMPC:
    chrisrawr - Vinto - Sheet

Retired Characters:
    LordOfTheDucks - Sanfeng - Sheet
    Jarian - Janen - Sheet

---------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the last five days, each character has made their way across the land towards the imposing High Citadel of Corvantia located in the center of Gavisoria. The Citadel itself is situated on the apex of a towering hill which, by magic or the convenient forces of nature, is surrounded by a vast plain of grasslands and swelling rises of ground bisected by a small, but lively river. Around the base of the hill is located the majestic city of Kolding which was founded only recently, but carries about it an air of dignity, as if it had been there for years untold.

The Breygan River flowed past the outskirts of the town, with the multitudes of jetties and wharfs giving it the look of a mouth full of broken teeth. The city walls are short but thick, and seem well-guarded even during this time of relative peace. As you make your way through the city, the inhabitants bustle about their daily work and seem lively and free. The fears and toils of a life in the outside world is unknown to them and most of them gaze at you with respect and even a bit of awe. It is clear that figures of your stature and power are not frequently seen within the city walls. The shops are simple and rustic, but crowded and filled with brisk trade. Regardless of your location in the city the Citadel constantly towers overhead, a blunt reminder of the power that keeps the citizens safe. Despite your unfamiliarity with the area, you can make your way towards the great hill with relative ease. Once you reach the bottom of the hill, however, you meet your first obstacle.

Four narrow roads, each paved with massive marble stones lead up the hill towards the structure at the top. A small detachment of guards waits at the bottom, and keeps you under close attention as your approach. At first glance, the guards seem almost innocuous, but your experienced eyes note the unwavering attention they give to you, and the way they casually, but skillfully keep their hands besides their weapons. A tall stocky man briefly holds up his hand, motioning you to stop when you reach a comfortable talking distance. He looks you up and down, and asks you to state your name and business. You answer his questions to his satisfaction and he allows you to pass. He instructs you to take a specific road which soon turns out of sight of the other three.

You slowly trudge up the steep winding road. There is no one else in sight, and as you pace out the distance to the peak, a warm winds makes itself more noticeable. At first it is only a gentle whisper but it gradually turns into a brisk breeze, scented with saffron and evergreen. As you reach the top of the hill, you are suddenly reminded of the air from your dream . . . you feel the same rush of alertness and energy and your muscles, worn from the climb, are refreshed and renewed. You draw in a deep breath and take stock of your surroundings. The bright sun not yet reached the noon hour, but it still illuminates the walls of the great Citadel with a brilliant glow. You are standing on a small platform of worked stone. Behind you is the path on which you arrived, and before you is a tall golden door. Carefully crafted scripts in a language unknown to you scrolls around the outside of the entrance. Delicate filigree work details scenes of ancient importance though the events depicted are no doubt lost in the annals of history. The doors are shut without even the smallest crack to reveal a keyhole or separation between the halves. The tower itself is crafted from living stone, each nook and cranny filled with an ancient sense of mystery and imposing strength. The very stone exhales a friendly warmth and feels almost alive to the touch.

You stand before the door engrossed in the ancient displays of valor and victory, and time seems to lose its meaning. Suddenly you are jolted to consciousness as the door before you gives a small shudder and a faint crack appears down the middle. You notice that the sun is now almost directly overhead and you anxiously peer though the widening fissure as the doors slowly glide open. Inside you see a large, dimly lit room with a towering ceiling and several simple benches placed along the walls. You enter, and perceive, not without a faint stirring of unease, that the doors behind you have shut. Three other doors in opposite quadrants of the chamber also swing shut with a muffled thump. In front of each door stands a figure, looking around just as you are. A flame-like light from high above brightens the room and you can see each other clearly now.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2012-06-24 at 01:23 AM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

Grandly impressed by the enchantments layered so strongly on this place, Vinto nearly forgets his manners. Hospitality, first he thinks. Casting Mass Lesser Vigor on the strangers, he sweeps into the room, his travel aches and weariness fading as the spell restores his spirits. Smiling, he greets the other travelers,"Hullo, strangers and friends. Robin's Blessings are truly wondrous abouts, are they not?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

A tall, thin man, bent with age under a plain grey cloak shuffles along the road leaning heavily on his staff. A neatly trimmed, pure white beard sprouts from the hood, and ice-blue eyes glitter in the shadow, but little else of his appearance can be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    He looks you up and down, and asks you to state your name and business.
    The man eyes the guard from under the hood of his cloak. "Alwynn, my boy. A traveller in search of family", he answers in a cracked, wavering voice. "Thanking you kindly, son", he says as he walks on.
    You enter, and perceive, not without a faint stirring of unease, that the doors behind you have shut. Three other doors in opposite quadrants of the chamber also swing shut with a muffled thump. In front of each door stands a figure, looking around just as you are. A flame-like light from high above brightens the room and you can see each other clearly now.
    The bent and crooked figure, hood low over his wrinkled face, leans on his staff, sucking in rasping breaths. He smiles at the others, and gives the rambunctious whippersnapper an appreciative nod. "Now there's some good magic for tired old bones."
    You could swear that he spent a moment to give the chatty fellow an appreciative sweep of the eyes, but that doesn't seem a very venerable gentlemanly thing to do.

OOC: Could we get some descriptions?

Numerical stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC for Age Self if interacted with: 15, unless I get an item that boosts my Charisma.
    Trickery check: Take 10 for 21 if I can Take 10, or (1d20+11)[21] if I can't.
    edit: Heh. 21 it is, then.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-01 at 12:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

A billow of hurried and stumbling pedestrians passes before the hulking orc and his entourage of highwaymen. One of the orc-kin, an obese ruffian clad in hide & soiled leather, carries a steel greataxe after the feral leader. The gang comes to a stop before the roadblock, giving cause to the guards' alertness. A fast-talking goblin steps forth to answer the captain's questions. They were simple mountain porters. Half of whom didn't speak the Common tongue. In town for the night, with coin for lodging.

Once the brief detour is dealt with the gang lumbers forward. Round the bend and out of the guards' sight, the common bandits dissolve into the streets. Unburdened by the refuse, Sanfeng permits himself entrance to the foreign temple.

Sanfeng steps through the inviting door. The gargantuan orc snorts and his shoulders deflate in disappointment.

"Tidings," he grunts low. Sanfeng leers at the assembled adventurers, plainly doubting their parity to himself.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-04-01 at 04:24 PM.
    A post about nothing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Janen fans herself lightly with outspread wings as she walks, delighting in the wonderful feel of the crisp, invigorating air rushing across her skin, which has the ever-so-subtle appearance of glistening white scales when viewed from the right angle. As she enters the citadel proper, the fanning slows, then stops, as her wings fold themselves across the rear of her armor, so as not to accidentally batter one of the others present with a careless flap.

"Robin's blessings indeed, friend," Janen replies, inclining her head in a brief nod and grinning cheerfully, revealing a set of teeth more akin to fangs than not.

"I am called Janen. It seems we all have common cause in this place, so I find there is little reason to be unsociable here and now." This last is directed toward Sanfeng with a quick wink of a scaled eyelid and another smile.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

In the midst of your conversation, you are interrupted by a deep rumbling voice layered with benevolence and wisdom, full of earnestness but tempered by patience learned over the course of many years.

"My friends, I am glad to make your acquaintance at last. Long have I laboured in anticipation of this day and I trust our future relationship will be one of trust and love. I feel that each of you is unknown to the rest of our gathering, so allow me to proffer forth my humble introductions. As Janen so wisely stated, there is little reason to be unsociable. My name is Novartis, ruler of these lands."

As he finishes speaking, the magnificent gold dragon that appeared to you in your dream, soars gently down to the edge of the room. A faint rush of air around his wings echoes around the room, and he seems to glow with an internal fire. The looks at each of you in turn, and then faces the white-winged figure in front of him and continues his introductions. He looks towards each of you in turn.

"The draconic figure of most recent oration is the noted Janen and to her right, is the aged servant of all that is good and lovely, Alwynn. Next we have Vinto, blessed by Robin and seeking to end the conflict of this land. And last, but far from least, is the brave warrior Sanfeng. I trust that you will become close friends and allies in the fight against the evil, still prevalent in this land."

"I have followed your deeds with interest, and your actions have not gone unnoticed. Since years long past I have traced your paths to greatness and have considered your strengths and weaknesses. I have called you here for great purposes and vast rewards and I will assure you that your trust in me will not be forgotten."

As he speaks, a tender passion rises in his voice. His voice grows deeper and softer, and his carefully chosen phrases flow off his tongue in a kind of rhythmic poetry.

"For indeed, a great trial is upon this land, a trial that has been foreseen and been prepared for. Forces of some evil are gathering power and soon will make their move. It is with this in mind that I have chosen you as agents for the right, to defend the will of this land and prove the triumph of the righteous. However, I can not with force or strength of will commit your minds to join as one. The fellowship that I require must flow from each and all of you. I ask for your allegiance and your service and I trust that in each one of you my hopes will be fulfilled."

"For through all of my considerations, one thing has been made clear to me. Against the darkest vilest foes, sheer force of arms and strength of numbers is not the key to victory. The power of friendship and strength of unity all grounded in our Robin’s service are quite sufficient to rend the will of those who would in strife resist against us. The future of our land is now a venture, but no matter length or difficulty should the path of freedom prove, I am convinced that this, this band of brothers through our wisdom and our grace, will in our righteous might win through to victory absolute."

Novartis pauses for a long few seconds and looks carefully at each of you. His great eyes blink momentarily then he continues with a whisper.

"So, what say you? Have I your trust?
    There is no obligation or demand.
    I only beg you ask your heart
    And if it’s nay, in peace depart."

Silence fills the room and the air is heavy with expectation.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-02 at 08:14 PM.
    Currently Running

7. - Top - End - #7

Alwynn starts to deliver a swirling bow to the young lady but is interrupted by the dragon. He gapes in awe at it, and then sinks down on one knee. In a voice without any trace of the cracked frailness of before, but smooth, silken and earnest. he gushes "how could I refuse such a noble task requested of a being as glorious and good as yourself? I gladly give myself to your cause."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanfeng bares his teeth at Janen in a mock tiger's smile. The wyrm's interruption commands his attention, until the scaleykind begins to address the strength Sanfeng coveted so greatly.

"You speak to an exile of a just cause and foreign gods. I need these things like a hawk needs a shepherd's rod. I trust a wyrm may judge the strength of mortals and set before them sporting trials. Is that trust enough?"
    A post about nothing.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Janen drops to her knees, eyes shining with admiration. She extends her hands outwards, palms up. A brief shimmering fills the air above her hands. A moment later, a spear of steel and swirled with a white metal of some sort appears in her hands, wisps of frost rising from the head, which has the appearance of a dragon's maw open wide in a ferocious roar, its stylized tongue thrust forth to form the tip of the spear.

Janen adjusts her grip on the spear, bringing its tip to her lips, which she kisses lightly. She proffers the weapon toward Novartis, once more held horizontally across both palms. "My weapon and trust are yours, Great One. What is your will?"
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-04-02 at 11:28 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

10. - Top - End - #10

Griffon

Vinto digests the dragon's words, agreeing wholeheartedly with their sentiment, though the delivery was a bit ostentatious for his taste. He couldn't help but be awed by the spectacle, but he would much rather have received directions to the people in need than a lecture on friendship. "If Robin's Will guides, so I will go." He was not one for posturing when there was work to be done.

"What say you then? Where's this trouble brewing? No sense in lingering when there's people in danger!" No one had ever accused Vinto of being subtle.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Novartis allows the sliver of a smile grace his face and suddenly his air of formality is vanished.

"I thank you all. I knew my hope in you was not in vain. But the endeavour I set before you is perhaps a bit complicated and while I appreciate your eagerness Vinto, a bit of foreknowledge may make your task a bit easier."

"My mission is perhaps a bit less rigid then you might expect. You have, over the years proven yourselves worthy of greatness. For some, the journey has been, and will continue to be difficult. You all have various goals in life, and I am not here to change them, instead, I am here to help you fulfil them. Yes, there are threats to our land but for now, the best way to combat them is to prepare you to meet them."

"So yes, Sanfeng, there will be sporting trials and tests of strength. I know I am a stranger now, but I hope that I can win you to the cause of justice. Alwynn, I'm glad to hear your voice sounds younger then your years. I am honoured by your service. My will, Janen, will be made clear shortly, but we are in this together and I will not ask of you anything I should not do myself. And now, here is my offer."

"As you know, magical items are quite limited and few are far between. I see that you have all located your share of them, but in the grand scheme of things, they are but trinkets. I, however, have over the years learned the whereabouts of ancient caches containing items of great potency. The acquisition of such artefacts will greatly aid you in your various duties and commitments. So what say you? Are you still interested?"

Norvartis makes a small motion with his right hand, and in a brief moment the dragon disappears and in his place is a rather average looking man. Nearly six feet tall he is clothed in a flowing white tunic cinched around the waist with a wide metallic sash. His eyes remain a piercing gold and his face is firm with a mystic blend of youth and wisdom. He motions with a nod of his head and a simple wooden table appears circled round with five plain chairs. He takes a seat and motions you to all join him.

"Come, let us discuss exactly what I have in mind for you."
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-03 at 07:41 PM.
    Currently Running

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanfeng presses his right fist into the flat of his left palm. He salutes the human Novartis and follows.

"Great Dragon, accept my apologies and devotion. They smack of ill faith presently. Distrust and confidence, they are two faces of the same wall."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-04-03 at 09:13 PM.
    A post about nothing.

13. - Top - End - #13

Griffon

Vinto mutters, "Trinkets that have saved the lives of many," but follows obediently - if his mere trinkets have saved scores, some real magic would be welcome indeed.

14. - Top - End - #14

Alwynn cocks an eyebrow at the dragon. "I would not expect to fool you. Surely you flatter me..." He sighs, "I was hoping for a more dramatic revelation, but it feels rude to sit down to conversation under a lie."
    He tosses his hood and cloak back, and as he does so the wrinkles and frailness fade away. His hair and beard remain purest while, but his face is the relatively young visage of a hale and healthy - and extremely handsome - man somewhere around his 40s, what wrinkles he does still sport all smile-lines clustered about his eyes and mouth and mostly serving to make him look friendly and approachable rather than aged. He is straight and tall, but not toweringly so, with clear ice-blue eyes and lithely muscled limbs. Previously hidden beneath his drab cloak he is dressed in something like a Keikogi of very fine silk the colour of the roof of the sky in late afternoon, delicately embroidered in intricate floral patterns the colour of forget-me-nots.
    He strides with an easy liquid grace to the table. He pauses to pull out a chair invitingly for Janen before taking one for himself. He leans his staff carefully at his side, always within inches of his hand.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-03 at 10:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Janen allows her weapon to disappear in a second puff of frosty air as she gets to her feet, it being common courtesy not to bear a weapon in the presence of friends unless it be sheathed or peacebound after all.

"An interesting trick, that," she says with a pearly smile, inclining her head toward Alwynn as she takes the offered chair. "One would not think that disguising oneself as an elder would avoid attention... although I suppose that is the point. Perhaps we will speak of it later."

She leans forward in her chair, clawed wing joints fluttering slightly in anticipation as she waits on Novartis's words.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-04-03 at 10:35 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

16. - Top - End - #16

Alwynn twinkles an eye at Janen.
    "Who said avoidance is my goal?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, it may be a bit early yet, but Sanfeng, would you mind brewing us some tea?" He gestures towards a small table near the wall laden with five cups and a pot of steaming water and quips with a small grin: "The water is quite warm, I can assure you of that."

"Now regarding these items: they are indeed ancient tools of great power. The clerics of Robin have not destroyed them nor, I believe, even found of their existence. In part, I have chosen each of you for your ability to effectively wield their power. However, they are not exactly free for the taking. The weapons are scattered amid the plentiful ruins that dot the landscape of Arkios. Exactly what creatures may now inhabit those ruins I am not sure, but I am certain it will be no easy task to recover them. However, figures of your calibre should find yourselves sufficient for that task and whatever you find is yours to keep. I have no need of such items and in any case, my duties prevent me from seeking them myself."

Norvartis's face is darkened with a grave shadow as he continues.

"Unfortunately, I am not the only one with knowledge of these items. Several others with hostile intentions are also mounting forces to see them out. Time, therefore, is not our own to spend as we might wish, but lest we see our foes in triumph, we must forge out with due expediency."

"However, we will not start today so mad haste will not become us. Rejuvenate and refresh yourselves"
    Currently Running

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanfeng excuses himself from the table at which Novartis sits. The towering orc shuffles toward the tea table, sweeps the front of his traveler's cloak away, and from a kneeling position, eases his weight back and onto his heels. From his formal seated position, Sanfeng rinses the dishware in water and lines the pot with leaves. He watches the steaming pot bubble quietly. Once the bubbles diminish, Sanfeng holds the water aloft, pouring it into the teapot from a height.

The monk busies himself in silence, yet the sizzle and patter of water and pleasing aroma of rinsed leaves announce his handicraft. The stream of water trickles out just before the teapot overflows in its catching bowl. Sanfeng scoops the debris off its surface gently and pours the first brew. He sets the cups aside and refills the pot, this time from a low pour. Sanfeng sits at the tea assemblage for several minutes. He stirs the surface again delicately, scooping away the bubbles and placing the lid back atop the pot. He decants the piping cups of weak brew over the teapot's outside and, waiting another half minute, pours the first cup.

Sanfeng rejoins the table with a platter, the leaf-bedded pot, and five cups of quality oolong. Without having to lean much over, the orc lays the refreshments in the center of the table and takes his seat.
    A post about nothing.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

During the process, Norvartis leans back in his chair unmindful of the hard wooden back and closes his eyes in deep anticipation of the coming refreshment. His nostrils twitch as the gently scent of the oolong wafts in his direction. As Sanfeng sets the service on the table, Norvartis cradles a cup in his hands and inhales a deep breath of vapours. He takes a delicate sip and sighs in pleasure.

"My word. I have not had tea of this quality for more years then I can count."
    Currently Running

20. - Top - End - #20

Alwynn watches Sanfeng's ritual with admiring interest. As he sets out the beverages, he says "it is always a little sad to have one's prejudice's revealed to oneself, but so nice to have them destroyed!"
    He sniffs the tea appreciatively as he pours it - offering to fill Janen's cup as well - following it with an egg-sized dollop of honey.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-05 at 01:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Janen accepts the steaming tea with a less than enthusiastic nod of thanks. She looks down at the tea for a long moment, then back to Alwynn, then back to the tea. Finally, she raises the tea to her lips, breathes in deeply, then exhales a short burst of ice and frosty wind. She sets the cup on the table and places a finger over it - a finger that promptly becomes a razor-sharp claw, with which she slices and lifts out a perfectly square section of the now frozen tea, which she pops into her mouth.

"Excuse my lack of manners. I simply cannot abide warm drinks of any variety. They upset my stomach most fiercely." She looks around the table for any sign of offense, then continues. "With regards to these objects of power, master Norvartis... is there any more that you can tell us of them, or of those who would oppose us? It is difficult to be overprepared in such situations, I have found."
    Homebrewer's Signature

22. - Top - End - #22

Griffon

Vinto sips his tea with wonder to the sound of the others musings. He'd brewed herbal remedies, of course, and poultices a-plenty - but drinking infusions for pleasure? Well, he could think of less civil rituals he'd partaken of as a guest...

Cluing back into the conversation as Janen's question hangs in the air, he interjects, "And would it not better our interests to seek them out in preemptive haste - to deny the wound infliction, rather than trying to cure it afterward, if you'll excuse my crude analogy?" Of course, he immediately feels shame for speaking so rashly and out of turn, but the question of speed, especially in light of opposing forces, burned heavily on his mind.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Norvartis takes another small sip of tea and then places the cup down on the table. As he leans forward he face takes on a sterner look as he folds his hands in front of him.

"As far as the magic items are concerned, I do not know all the specifics. After all, they have been hidden for hundreds of years. What I do know is that they will be of particular use to each of you: complementing your skills and bolstering your weaknesses."

"Your concern is well noted Janen, and I shall tell you what I know. These various ruins are located in the land of Arkios and as such will prove difficult to reach. You are all aware of the dangers of travel the region, so I trust you will take all due care to protect yourself when necessary. As I mentioned earlier, our foes have also become cognizant of these items and seek them to further their own power. I do not know the exact nature or number of these other seekers, but they must not be taken lightly. You will undoubtedly meet friends as well as enemies but exercise caution and diligence. Things will not always be as them seem."

"With that said though, it is vital that you reach these items first. You are quite correct Vinto, pre-emptive haste is indeed my plan and your analogy is well taken. However, before you start, I have a gift for you. My duties as ruler of this land require my retention here, but I will spare what power I can to assist you in your task. If I can not be with you in person, at least I can be with you in spirit. If any of you have any remaining doubts, speak now for after the ritual is completed, we will all be explicitly linked. You all come from different backgrounds you do not know each other well, but I trust you will become close over the coming days. Are you ready to complete our allegiance?"
    Currently Running

24. - Top - End - #24

Griffon

Vinto searches within himself for resolve. On one hand, he knew how easily magic such as he possessed could kill as well as heal. Some might argue it could kill easier, for life is fragile and delicate to maintain. Magic to dwarf this, then, might destroy towns instead of individuals, in the wrong hands. He visibly shuddered at this thought, bile rising in his throat. He'd always assumed that to be an exaggeration, in stories - he'd never experienced it firsthand. It was as unpleasant as it sounded.

On the other hand, could even he really be trusted with such power? How easy it would be to forget the limitations of mortals - with the apparently mere spark he had now, he could remove sickness, regrow limbs, and perform other miracles unheard of in nature. How much further removed from humanity is it possible to move, given the best intentions?

Boldness won out - His conviction comes from helping others, and he would be living a lie to himself if he did not lend his aid to this cause, in this moment.

He closes his eyes, and nods. "You can count on me."

25. - Top - End - #25

Alwynn strokes his chin thoughtfully.
    "Linked... how? And for how long? I am rather fond of my... independence."
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-06 at 02:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanfeng holds his thimble of a tea cup in both hands, sipping leisurely over the processions. Reserved towards the condiments and manners of the bewildering gweilo, he chooses to address the pressing enchantment.

"Linked? My body is a temple, Novartis. What respite can I hope for when my void is pierced by the senses of others?"
    A post about nothing.

27. - Top - End - #27

"Heh heh. "Pierced void.""

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would be honored to share a bond, of course, master Norvartis... but I would not force it upon those who are reluctant. Even if their reasons are as incomprehensible to me as the birds are to the fish."
    Homebrewer's Signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah my friends, there is no need to worry. You need not give up anything; I merely offer you the opportunity to draw upon my power when needed. It will only last as long as you desire and there will be no encroachment on your freedom. I shall bear the burden; you will share the honour."

"You may refuse if you so desire, but I remind you that the Dragon's Favour is not a gift lightly to be tossed aside and it will make your enemies think twice before attempting to cross the path of the chosen ones of Norvartis. Have no fears Sanfeng, I will not tolerate any imposition of our trust. If there be no objections, then let us start for our quest will brook no delay."

Norvartis reaches a hand into his voluminous robes and draws out a flattened globe of some polished stone or crystal. Its surface is a glossy pearly colour with specks of some kind of golden thread running through it. It seems to emanate a sense of timelessness and almost suggests that the dragon himself must seem young indeed to an item of such age. As you look at it, there seems to be an energetic swirling of colour beneath the surface almost as if it were alive. He places it in the centre of the table, and looks around at each of you.

"This, my friends, is the great Orb of Xeinophyx and it will be the focus for the ritual. There is nothing to fear and nothing required of you but to place your hands upon while I grant you my Favour."
    Currently Running

30. - Top - End - #30

"Well, so long as your "burden" doesn't include the occasional... peek, then it sounds just charming to me!"
    Alwynn studies the Orb with interest, before alighting his hand delicately on its surface.