New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default One piece: The Final Straw (IC)

Some said an era was ending others said it was only beginning. For good or for ill gold Rogers execution, and the declaration he made during it, has changed the world. 15 years later a small merchant vessel setts sail from a tiny island in the north blue.*

Slightly overmanned with 6 sailors on board the caravel seemed to have run out of luck. With their captain pushing them to the limit in order to improve his profit margin, some in the small crew are growing restless. As fortune would have it the ship hurries itself right into the path of a storm which blows it sharply of course and nearly capsizes the small vessel. When their first mate and navigator refigures their position they he finds them to be dangerously close to the calm belt.*

As the first mate begins to reset their course the musician gives the infamous call of man overboard. As the crew scrambles to rescue the downed man they realize that it wasn't a man at all but a mermaid who had passed out after swimming her way through the calm belt. Realizing that the ship might be able to help her local fish had brought her to the surface in hopes that the humans would help their exhausted kin. The captain instantly realizing that selling the mermaid would make up for his lost money during the storm has her locked up in the brig.*

The next morning the crew and the "prisoner" wake up unsure of what to do, but for different reasons.*The crew goes about their daily business with their new cargo still in the forfront of their thoughts.

Meanwhile the mermaid wakes up to find a petit young woman siting in the same room obviously waiting for her to stir. "Oh you finally decide to wake up hmm. Good, I was bored out of my mind. You feeling okay it's quite the achievement to swim the calm belt. Even when you're one of the fastest swimmers in the seas."

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, day one everyone is still on the ship, current crew (outside of PCs) consists of the first mate, captain, and a female doctor who was hired for the trip.*

THERE IS NO SCRIPT. Just because I explained how I saw this scenario going down doesn't mean it has to happen that way. The game starts now which means I no longer have complete control of where the story goes :).

Ps: esprit you don't have you weapons on you at the moment :P
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2013-01-15 at 01:09 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: One piece: The Final Straw (IC)

While they checking the rigging and patching the ships sails Castor strikes up a conversation with Lucas. Santari is on the deck below them.
    For Lucas
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you think of that mermaid? It dosen't really seem right to lock up someone who is so close to death does it?
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2013-01-15 at 01:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Santari attempts to listen to the conversation above (1d20)[7]

It fails and he just practices his sword swings.
    Last edited by Santari; 2013-01-15 at 01:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Lucas continues working as he carries on the conversation with Castor.
    To Castor
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, I don't think it's the best thing to do. While we do need the money, there is a better way to go about getting it. Do you know what the doctor has to say about her?"
    I really don't know what I'm doing, I just act like I do.

One Piece D20 Character:Lucas

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Hears the conversation again and attempts to listen.

(1d20)[1]

Decides to forget this altogether and just go back to practicing.
    Last edited by Santari; 2013-01-15 at 01:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Mako blinks rapidly, taking in her surroundings. The water was thin... because it was air. So someone took her out of the water. "WHERE THE HELL AM I!? WHO ARE YOU!?" She reaches to her back and finds- ****! Where is my crossbow! She reaches under her overshirt- ****, her daggers too! "AND WHERE IN THE HELL IS MY STUFF!"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no clue Castor lets go of the ropes and drops to the deck of the ship.
    He lands nimbly on his feet, even if it is right infront of Santari, who happens to be in the middle of sword practice. Whoops, sorry Santari. You're good up there with out my help right Lucas?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

So, I heard you guys chatting, might I ask about what?
    with a fervent look. Also, next time you drop down in front of me like that, I can't guarantee your safety.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, I'll be fine. I mean, I am a shipwright, right? He smirks at Castor then goes back to focusing on the sails. If you hear anything from the doctor, let me know, will you?

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

"Calm down and keep quiet girl if you keep screaming the captain will realize I untied you. In answer to you questions I'm Rose, and your a hostage aboard the vessel the little fairy. Which also explains the location of you stuff considering the captain makes a point of not leaving his prisoners armed."

Meanwhile on deck
    "Hey you musician boy, what do you think your doing standing around swinging a sword. Your wasting time and time is money. Go check the aft rigging." the captain yells as he emerges from his cabin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nat 1 penalty is forced to move away from conversation and make a DC 10 sailing check
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2013-01-15 at 02:05 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes Captain! Hurries over to the Art rigging and starts rigging... art?

Mutters to CastorTell me about it later.
    Last edited by Santari; 2013-01-15 at 02:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

(1d20)[1] Attempts to check the art rigging.

Fails miserably, can feel a good scolding in his future.
    Last edited by Santari; 2013-01-15 at 02:12 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Prisoner. ****ing great. "Well how would you react? Okay, so Rose, what are you doing here?" By now she's curled up like a snake away from the door and girl. She takes a cursory look around the room to get a feel for her surroundings.

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Castor ignores what his crew mates are saying to him, and quickly descends into the ship to find the doctor.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2013-01-15 at 06:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

BlackDragon

Mako:
    You hear some hustle by the door before and rose falls silent as the sound passes. When she feels it's okay to talk again she turns to you. "I'm a doctor, I was hired by the captain of this vessal to keep his crew healthy. I'm a little inexperianced but I'm all the captain could afford. So I'm was sent to make sure you were healthy. Apparently damaged goods don't sell well. Anyway I found you strapped up in the cargo hold and decided it was a bad place to keep a patient so I brought you up here to my room."

Castor:
    You climb down into the hold ignoring a glare from the captain. You walk past the crew deck and head down to the part of the hold where the first mate strung up the mermaid the night before. When you get there the bindings are untied and mermaid is nowhere to be found.

Sanatari:
    As you head toward the aft rigging you trip and your still unsheathed sword swing forward with your hand and cuts straight through multiple rigging lines. "What the hell Zach you know better then to walk around with your sword out now go check on Ross and see what's taking her so long we need all hand if we're going to make up our lost time."

Lucas:
    You listen to Zach get chewed out when the first mate walks up under you "Hey your the shipwright, go fix the rigging."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry AK didn't know what to do with you sailing or engineering check 10 to pass. Yes Sanatari that was your punishment for your natural 1 sailing check.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2013-01-15 at 09:45 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I were a doctor... where would I be? Castor pivots on the spot and walks out of the door, trying to remember which room was Rose's.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

I didn't... But... It just sort of happened. with an embarrassed face

Lucas mind showing me how the rigging works later?

Heads down towards Rose's cabin.
    Last edited by Santari; 2013-01-15 at 11:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Well I suppose I should thank you for caring for me. At the same time, you're caring for me so I can be sold as a slave, so pardon me if I am less than thrilled...

I may be new to this whole 'taking a prisoner' thing, but I'm pretty sure you don't both untie them and then take them out of the room they are stored in. Tends to anger the guy who takes a slave in the first place."
    Despite the comment, she doesn't look at all willing to go back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A basic description of the room, please? I'll roll spot or search if I want to figure out more later.

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Castor stands in the hallway That's the room where the men sleep. And that's where the first mate sleeps Castor snickers to him self The captain sleeps over there... Meaning this one is must be roses room!
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2013-01-15 at 11:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm on it, sir! Lucas jumps down from the sail onto the deck. And thanks for making a mess a things, Santari! He then makes his way to the aft rigging.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Spies Castor on his way down.
    Hey Castor, what are you doing down here?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm looking for Rose. This is her room right? Castor puts his hand on a doorknob and begins to turn it.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2013-01-16 at 12:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait! Let me go in first the Captain asked for me to do this. holds his blade up.

Or an accident might happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    doing intimdate roll do 1d20 right?

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

Mako:
    As you look around the room you realize it's a very small room with hardly any personal effects. Your lying in the hammock which takes up one side of the narrow room. Next to you on the floor is a doctors bag next to that is a small duffle with some unfolded clothes inside. Finally you see rose's desk next to the door with a halbeard leaning against the far wall.

"Oh I might be breaking a few rules letting you wake up here, but I don't care much for the captain. He hired me so he can't touch me unless he wants a really bad rep but I also can't expect to keep this job when this is all over." you hear voices outside the door and rose instantly goes quiet. Rose stands up and goes over to her clothes and begins changing into what appears to be armor taking her time about it, meanwhile she signals you to be quiet.

Lucas:
    "Finally someone who actually follows orders. Get it done, I'm going to go check with our navigator and make sure we're still on course."

Castor:
    The partially opened door shows you the kitchen you would think as the cook you would know where that is. This leaves only one door left but First you have to deal with Sanatori.

Sanatori:
    The idiot opens the wrong door but hey easier for you right.

Spoiler
    Show
    AK gamer stills owns me a roll sailing or engeneering or sailing your choice.
    For our two hot heads you roll opposing intimidates to decide who backs down. Don't know why Sanatari chose to intimidate with his luck on the rolls recently but meh.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2013-01-16 at 01:09 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, time to get to work. Lucas gets to the rigging and starts making quick work fixing it. I wondering if Castor has discovered anything yet...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Castor... You're the cook right? Because I know for sure that THIS IS THE KITCHEN! How could you get Rose's room mixed up with where you cook!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lets go of the door handle, but the door swings open anyways. Castor jumps away from Santari's, just in case , but the open door reveals what is indeed the kitchen. Castor ducks through the open door. Oh, hey, the kitchen... exactly what i was looking for... I'll just be in here if you, um... you know need me or anything. Castor backs away from Santari and into the kitchen.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2013-01-16 at 01:16 AM.
    What ho, Cheerio.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright see you later Castor. Turns around and realizes there's only one door left and figures that it is Rose's room.

Rose! The captain sent me. Knocks on the door. Rose?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Mako stays pretty quiet, though whispers as Rose puts on her armor. "What are you doing?"

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Mako & Santari:
    "Don't tell me you've never changed clothes before? This is an all male ship I get a room to myself cause I'm a girl so.... I'm using it to my advantage." she wispers back before raising her voice. "Who is it and what do you want, don't tell me it's another splinter? Whoever it is don't come in I'm not decent."

Lucas:
    Holding pattern fixing Santari's mistake
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2013-01-16 at 01:59 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets