Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 754
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix's ball of acid once again slams into the monster and splashes its corrosive fluid over its back. Skin peels back in large blisters are it eats its way down through flesh and muscle. Immediately after the acid strikes the creature, Alwynn flicks her wand and an orb of force shoots towards him. The energy merely reflects off its skin and caroms off into the desert.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+10)[30]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+7)[16]


    Maekrix looks to his flamboyant new friend with a grimace. "It appears to have strong spell resistance; in fact, I believe this to be a golem, which means that it has general magic immunity. Have you any spells such as my orb that create objects and effects rather than forces of pure magic?" He branishes his ranseur, attempting to keep the golem from either advancing or retreating.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-08-01 at 10:26 AM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Bloodied and dizzy, Sanfeng throws himself into a twisted charge. As the monk's weight in motion flows down the axe and into the blow, he is gone. The uncannily nimble monk springs from the monster's clutches and behind Maekrix's ranseur.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bless, Haste, Shaken

    AoO AC 29 (+4 Mobility)
    Standard: Foehammer (bypass DR) (1d20+17)[26] for (1d12+9)[13] + (2d6)[4]
    Move: 10' behind Maekrix
    A post about nothing.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng forces himself up and rushes at the monster, throwing all his weight behind a massive blow. The blade of his axe sinks deep into its neck leaving a rushing flow of blood and gore when it is removed. Sanfeng dives behind Maekrix before the monster can hack at him again.

    Vinto moves in a crouch beside him and again touches him lightly on the shoulder, healing most of your recent wounds.



    OOC @ Sanfeng
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are healed for 29 HP

    OOC @ Maekrix
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the creature as a powerful golem, one that would require a very talented caster to create. It also requires the use of powerful spells, beyond your ability to cast. It is healed by electricity, and slowed by cold but it is immune to most spells and similar abilities.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix flourishes his blade, standing as a stoic wall between his allies and the beast. He watches the design of the monster carefully, and finally a realization comes to him. "It's a golem, not an undead; a powerful golem, beyond my own magical ability to create, and it was indeed created. This beast has a powerful master. Do not use electricity on it, it will only heal it, and I believe it is greatly hampered by ice and cold. Other than that, I believe we should simply continue to hack it apart until we can study it in greater detail."

    /DMmouthpiece
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn sucks the inside of his cheek as he considers the creature. He sighs and pulls out another glowing red flask, which he hurls at the thing in turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[3] fire.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The golem's eyes narrow to a narrow squint as he turns his massive head to face Maekrix: his words are apparently not of a soothing nature. It almost seems as if the creature understood the meaning of the words and was uncomfortable with having any weaknesses made common knowledge. It stumbles for a moment as if it was beginning to lose coordination and control: perhaps the pain of his numerous wounds were starting to tell but despite all that, he makes a marvellous display of fortitude and quickly steadies himself. Letting out a low harsh growl, he lunges forward with surprising speed and aims himself directly for Maekrix.

    Brushing aside his ranseur he mimics the tactic used so successfully against Sanfeng. Snatching up his arm in his wickedly toothed jaw he holds Maekrix in a painful vice as he rips his glittering talons deep into flesh. Maekrix writhes in pain, but seems to avoid the worst of it, no doubt assisted by the lack of control exhibited by the monster. The luck was short lived however, as the golem's tail whipped around and in a brief gruesome motion, sunk its barbs deep into Maekrix's stomach before being yanked out in a gush of blood and guts.

    OOC @ Maekrix
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take a total of 57 damage. In case you have any DR or similar effects, 18 of it is slashing damage, the rest is piercing.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Eyes wide with shock, Alwynn shouts "Vinto, help him!"
    He takes a step back, bounces on the balls of his feet for a moment, then runs forward. He leaps for the monster's back, landing squarely between its tattered wings. As he flies through the air, his heavy cloak flaps aside, revealing massive blue-tinted white wings that stretch out over his head. They beat the air to help him keep his balance as he fights to keep his hold on the creature.
    Alwynn hooks his staff around the golem's throat. Bracing himself against the base of its neck with one foot, he hauls back on it with a hand on each end of his staff on either side of the throat. He thus, hopefully, prevents it from chomping on anyone else for a while.
    Through gritted teeth, he growls "Someone slit this f'er's throat already!"



    Everyone is required to picture this scene, because it's frickin' awesome.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-08-04 at 03:52 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Brut steps forward. Maekrix's mauling and the grand grappling contest before numbed his pain in awe. The giant monk flowers his nicked axe in a renewed flurry. He hammers the axe head into the same spot, tearing gash after gash into a gaping hole.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Haste, Bless, Shaken, Flanking

    5-step/Full-attack (or Sudden Leap/Full-attack, if out of range): (1d20+17)[22] for (1d12+9)[10]
    (1d20+17)[19] for (1d12+9)[14]
    (1d20+12)[16] for (1d12+9)[14]
    A post about nothing.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    As the hideous golem charges Maekrix, the dragonborn sorcerer smiles, and looks up at the monster, his eyes a blazing platinum, brighter than the sun. He flares his wings, and speaks a single word.

    "No."

    There is a sudden pulse of power and a solid shield of pure force closes around Maekrix, sealing him off from the beast's vicious jaws. The winglike shield vanishes after a split second, but it lasts long enough to shatter the golem's momentum. It continues to lash out at him, but Maekrix takes the damage without a sound, though the ripping tail leaves a gout of his blood on the floor.

    He takes a step back, his long polearm gripped firmly in his scaled hands. He is glowing brightly now, his power at its peak even as his rich blood spills out over his chain shirt. "If you can hear me, you who created this beast, know that I come for you. You are a defiler, a wretch, and your hideous mockery of dragonkind will fall before my feet like the pale shadow it is. I am dragonkin, defiler, and the magic of my blood is as the will of Robin himself. I come for you, defiler. Prepare yourself." As he speaks he moves his hand in a smooth, intricate motion, and then he snaps it forward with a violent draconic sound, another powerful sphere of acid striking the creature with a sizzling sound of impact.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Touch Attack: (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (4d8)[21]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-08-05 at 12:27 AM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The golem hardly has time to draw a ragged breath, before Alwynn makes his graceful leap and manoeuvres his staff around its throat, constricting his already laboured breathing. With this unexpected limitation, the golem shuffles backwards, trying to shake off this frightening threat. Before he can move though, Sanfeng forces himself back into the fray, whirling his axe with the speed of a man possessed. With desperate strength, he hammers the glistening edge of the weapon deep into the monster's skull, ripping open gaping holes with each strike.

    The creature slumps to its front knees with the terrible trauma of the attack, just a split second before another blistering orb of acid strikes its head directly on top of the wounds so recently bestowed by Sanfeng. The creature lets out one last moan with its final breath, and collapses to the floor of the cavern. A surprisingly strong shock wave passes under your feet as the massive weight of the creature meets the stone and sand beneath it. For a second, it is outlined with a ghost-like aura of silvery mist, then it coalesces into a brilliant spark of pure energy before vanishing.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix pauses for a moment before closing his eyes, breathing deeply, and opening them to the flow of magic around him. His eyes continue to glow brightly as he looks around, attempting to detect any hidden creatures or undetected spells surrounding the monster.

    After ensuring there is no magic around them he releases the spell, relaxing slightly. He turns to the others, his face truely grim for the first time since you have met him. The golem, it seems, is enough of a debasement to destroy the charismatic paladin's usual good cheer.

    "Whoever did this will die a sudden and violent death if I ever find them. I hope to Robin that our path leads us to them, or that they are foolish enough to attempt to cross us again." He relaxes a bit, and looks to the others. "How hurt are you all? I have some healing power remaining, as does my belt. I need only lay my hands on you to heal you, though I am somewhat limited when it comes to divine magic."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maekrix casts Detect Magic, also known as the Poor Man's See Invisibility, and looks around for a bit.

    If he finds nothing, he begins to heal himself with his belt. He took a serious hit there, so he'll use all the charges on himself, saving his Lay on Hands for the others.

    (2d8)[11]
    (2d8)[3]
    (2d8)[10]
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Timing his move for optimum drama, as the creature crashes down Alwynn beats his great wings once to leap from it with a smooth motion. He lands next to Maekrix and puts a protective arm across his shoulder.
    "Yourself first, I think, and then Sanfeng I expect." He's a little grossed out, yet kinda fascinated, as Maekrix's guts are drawn back into his body and sealed in.
    He stretches his worn muscles, spreading his wings luxuriously and oh-so-subtly.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-08-05 at 01:04 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix uses his belt several times, and his wounds are more or less healed, other than some large scars and other external damage. Close inspection reveals that Maekrix has a rather large number of scars, mostly concealed by his tough skin and thick scales. The dragonborn has enough scars to last most men a lifetime, and as far as you know he's fairly young.

    Maekrix raises his brow at Alwynn, a slight smile forming as his wounds slowly heal. "Tell me, Alwynn, for my curiosity's sake. How long have you had wings, and why have you not flown with me yet? It is a rare occasion that I meet another with the gift of flight."

    He inspects the wings with interest, before remembering Sanfeng's wounds. He turns to the man, touching him with his scaled and clawed hand gently. "Now then, this should only take a moment." He concentrates for a moment, and then Sanfeng's injuries all diminish, though they do not vanish. "I am expended for today, unfortunately. We will rest tonight, and tomorrow I will be able to provide more healing. Alwynn, how are your injuries? If we need to stay here more than a day I do not think it will harm our plans overmuch."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Woah, I did not realize how hurt Sanfeng was. He can have all 14 points of Maekrix's Lay on Hands, such that they are. We'll all get 8 points for sleeping, and then he can have another 13, with one reserved for stabalyzing people. That should get you most of the way back up, and Maekrix can use his Belt of Healing on you tomorrow if it looks like we may do some fighting. Sound good?
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Why, I was born with them, dear boy! Although it wasn't until my adulthood that they became strong enough to carry me. I hope it is not impolite of me to point out that you have not yet invited me to fly with you... Our late companion also had wings - more of your kind than mine. I suspect you would have gotten along well..."
    He accepts Maekrix's examination gladly, and is unable to disguise his disappointment, to anyone paying attention, when it ceases.
    Alwynn jumps a little when Maekrix turns his attention back to him.
    "Oh... I'd forgotten, actually." He examines his pants and sighs at the blood and tears. "Genuine aranea silk, that is...", he mutters.
    "Not to worry about me, though. A few blasts of this and I'll be right..." He twitches his arm, and a wand slips into his hand.


    Better get this out of the way, I guess...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can has able to use a wand of Cure Light Wounds? I didn't realise an arcane spellcaster wouldn't be able to use a divine wand. If not, I guess I'll try a Use Magic Device, and/or hand it over to someone else. And I'll just say he's a moron

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto shakes his head at the monstrous corpse laying at the entrance. "Where in Robin's name did that thing come from? Either this desert is more dangerous then any of us expected, or someone is out to get us. Either way, I think we'd better keep our eyes open a bit wider."

    Feeling a bit awkward from his lack of helpfulness in combat, he tries to make up for it in the aftermath. He rummages though his pack and then nods his head seriously while dashing over to Maekrix. "My dear fellow, are you sure you're all right? That was quite a nasty blow you took there." He carefully pokes and prods around, making sure everything is intact, and then rushes over to Sanfeng. He draws out his wand, and after a few muttered words, his wounds begin to heal and mend.

    He glances over at Alwynn and sees him holding his wand with a blank look on his face. "That's indeed a healing wand dear, but are you sure you know what you're doing with it?" He steps forward to assist when you are distracted by a faint "Ahem" from the intersection further down the hallway.

    A bit of bright blue hat and golden hair is barely visible, poking just far enough around the corner for one of Galwaith's sparkling green eyes to peer towards the entrance.

    "Is everything quite all right down there? I have the sarcophagi room safe and secured . . ."

    His voice trails off softly; rather as if he was afraid of your reaction. It is undoubtedly your imagination, but it almost seemed as if his voice quavered for a moment from fear or some such.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng snorts at Galwaith's reappearance.

    "Doubtlessly."

    All healed up, the monk rolls his shoulders and hugs his own chest tight. Interlacing his fingers behind himself and bending backward, a roll of cracks escape from between his vertebrae. A pained exhalation later, the orc settles into a more tempered mood.

    "Speak up," Brut addresses their bard's apprehension, "That's what you're good at, isn't it?"

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, Sanfeng was at 46 HP from Vinto's healing spell, I'd forgotten to update the sheet. What's more, Sanfeng can double folks' natural healing to 16 points/8 hour rest.
    A post about nothing.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto puts out his hand to calm Sanfeng. "You can come over here, we're not going to hurt you."

    Galwaith disappears for a moment and then shuffles towards you, a sheepish grin on his face and a folded bit of white parchment in his hand. He looks at the ground with no trace of his normal flamboyant goofiness evident. "Well, see . . ." his voice trails off. He takes a deep breath, and then looks up at no one in particular as he continues in a halting, hesitant voice. "I'm not really much of a fighter, and monsters and things rather terrify me. I'm witty and funny and I can talk big, but there are times when I hate being away from my own house and trudging in this forsaken deserts. I wanted to help you guys, I really did, but I just couldn't make myself get up and do anything." His sad shrug conveyed a deep sense of guilt. "Besides, all I have is this dagger, and I can barely cut rope with it, let along try to kill something ten times my size. I know I'm useless, you don't have to tell me. I don't blame you if you go on without me. You're all so powerful and busy with your secret quest, and I'm just going to get in the way. I was hoping we wouldn't have to fight anything, but I should have known better. I'm sorry."

    His head hangs low as he finishes, and with a small sigh, he starts to walk past you, towards the entrance.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-08-06 at 10:04 PM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng folds his arms. The implacable orc watches as Galwaith walks out in shame.

    "It's for his own good," Brut preempts the caravan's disapproval, "The road ahead is perilous. He is defenseless. Apprehensive. Some harm might befall him that would be our fault for humoring his wanderlust."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-08-06 at 10:56 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Reaching the entrance, Galwaith stops as he notices that the acid rain is still pouring heavily. "I'll just wait here until it clears up a bit." He slumps down on the ground, resting his back against the wall. "Oh, and this is for you". He motions to Alwynn with the bit of parchment. As he holds it up, you see it is made of fine quality paper, gilt-edged, and circled with a brilliant scarlet ribbon held shut with a blob of gold sealing wax.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix raises his brow, then turns and follows Galwaith to the entrance. When Galwaith sits, Maekrix sits in front of him, pausing only long enough to allow Alwynn to collect his letter.

    He then slaps Galwaith firmly across the face.

    "Listen to yourself, drowning in your own pity." Maekrix takes him by his shoulder, holding him with a gentle but powerful grip. "Do you think we were not terrified, Galwaith? I am not paladin enough to be without fear, nor do I ever wish to be. Fear means that we are alive, Galwaith. Fear is what makes us mortal.If you do not fear it means that you have neither free will nor a sense of self. If you do not fear it means that you cannot have courage, for courage is action despite fear.

    We were all terrified, friend, and that fear put iron into our blows and lightning into our minds. Fear is a tool, a blade which can be used against those that would strike you down, but if you cannot master yourself it would be less dangerous to grip your dagger by the blade. You are strong, Galwaith, and intelligent, but if you refuse to learn to master yourself, to master your fear, you might as well walk out into that storm."


    Maekrix stands, his movements precise and powerful. "We should burn this corpse, and then search the half-buried room." He offers a hand to Galwaith. "I would love your help in doing so, Galwaith. What do you say?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Diplomacy for the win: (1d20+7)[12]
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn punches Sanfeng gently in the arm.
    "Oh stop tormenting the poor fellow, you big bully. He had his own destination and quest, remember?
    "Of course you can stay with us until our paths diverge, Galwaith. Not everyone's made for battle, and for your own safety it seems it's best to travel in a group as long as we can. It would be useful, if something happens again, if you could stay with our gear and pass us things if we need them; that would be enough."
    He slides down next to the bard and puts an arm around his shoulders.
    "Oooo, for me?!" He takes the scroll and starts opening it, then looks up at the others. "Wasn't there some talk in the midst of that battle about examining the thing?" He asks, eyebrow raised. He then opens the scroll, careful not to break or tear anything, after examining the seal.
    Alwynn jumps at Maekrix's slap. "I say, that's a bit harsh, isn't it?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (arcana) (1d20+5)[7] and/or Knowledge (local) (1d20+3)[14] to recognise the seal or any other details of the scroll.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-08-07 at 12:13 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Galwaith looks up hesitantly his face seems to brighten a bit as his eyes regain their former sparkle. "I'll try to do better next time. I'm just not sure what to do when something comes at me." He looks at the golem in disgust. "I'll help you with the monster though, whatever you need me to do."

    Vinto finishes stashing his wand and healing supplies, and turns to examine the golem. "You're right, we should see what we can find out about this creature. I find it hard to believe it simply stumbled onto us by chance." He leans over closely and scrutinizes the parts that have been combined to create the golem.

    OOC @ Alwynn
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll PM you with the contents of the letter and the results of your knowledge rolls.


    Vinto's rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+7)[27]
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+12)[20]
    Knowledge (Planes): (1d20+7)[11]
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+7)[14]
    Perception (Search check): (1d20+15)[22]
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The plot. It thickens.

    As Alwynn reads the letter his expression becomes increasingly confused.
    "Galwaith... From whence did you get this letter, again?"

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Galwaith shrugs. "I was just looking around the room, and on the far side there was a small pedestal and this was on top of it. I wasn't going to touch anything, but then I saw your name and though that maybe you dropped it or something." He looks at you, his mouth turned up revealing his curiosity. "Is something wrong?"
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix looks at the letter with interest, and then turns back to the tomb area with suspicion. "A letter found in a sealed tomb was addressed to you? That is extremely interesting, and more than a little worrisome. What is the gist of the letter?"
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn gazes at Galwaith steadily for a moment, and then stares towards the other room, nibbling his lip. He glances up at Maekrix and answers his question: "Disturbing. Show me this pedestal."
    He stands up, stuffing the letter into a pocket in his cloak.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception/Sense Motive check on Galwaith: [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-08-07 at 10:13 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Screw you, dice roller!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Galwaith looks a bit puzzled at Alwynn's reaction, but slowly unlatches himself from Alwynn's arm, and stands up to show everyone where he found it. Carefully stepping past the ruined corpse, he leads the way to the back of the tomb. Carefully finding his way over the ruined door, he heads for the small raised platform at the back of the room. Everything seems to be as you left it.

    The platform is about three feet square and raised about a foot off the ground. Along the sides are traced numerous sections of text in some unknown rune or script. On top, there are five stone urns, gracefully shaped into flowing curves with careful craftsmanship. Tightly fitting lids top the containers and around the widest part of each is a broad band of blue paint inscribed with a single rune. There is also a delicate pedestal made of some wrought metal with gold filigree. The top is solid black marble and it is at this pedestal that Galwaith gestures.

    "I saw it laying right on top here. It seemed so out of place, that I just figured you put it there. I mean, it wasn't any of us, was it?"

    OOC @ Alwynn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing about Galwaith's behaviour strikes you as suspicious or out of place. He seems genuinely puzzled about your reaction.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn stares at the platform intensely for several seconds, and then examines every inch of it, everything on it and especially the pedestal for any clue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 20 on a Search check if possible, taking 10 if it's not. I have a +6 modifier to my Perception check.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •