Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 754
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Jianghu. On the border of Gavisoria and the heavens. The tallest clouds sift at the feet of our common halls."

    Sanfeng strolls along the march without much exertion. He appears not so large outside, no longer framed by roof and alley. The burly monk steps lightly, his only belongings wrapped in a bundle at his side. Sanfeng carries his naked greataxe in the crutch of his shoulder.

    "I was the gardener's apprentice. My peers were instructed in the Way that is Written. I learned the Way that cannot be Spoken. Fan Zhongyan granted me leave of the temple. It was the wyrm Novartis that drew me to the city."

    Sanfeng listens to his compatriots impressions of Novartis. The orc beams in a cheeky confidence.

    "Yes, the Great Dragon. I could not have fathomed. A gold dragon that drinks of the black dragon's tea and marshals the mortal races. The earth groans under his presence. Where that One walks, geometers must redraw their circles."

    Talk of the city and personal taste off put the hermit.

    "I prefer the quiet. The city is so busy, it's... foolish, strange."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-04-20 at 12:11 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The rising sun greets your faces with a ray of warming brilliance. It pierces through the late summer foliage in shimmering strands and speckled drops and dancing eddies of light dapple the ground about you. In morning's light you notice that the terrain has been changing in subtle ways throughout the night. The rich loam and hearty vegetation has given way to a sandy, clay-like soil and the trees and bushes appear almost stunted and possess a distinctly wind-blown appearance. According to your directions, you must be nearly at the edge of the border with Arkios.

    There are few signs of any settlers in this region, though a singularly few barren fields give evidence that at least a trial attempt was made to tame the soil. To the north, almost out of sight, there is a sparse collection of structures wearing a surprisingly uniform aspect of age, squalor, and dilapidation.

    As you crest a rise in the road you catch a glimpse of distant wastelands and the first tugs of uneasiness well up within you. The hills ahead are too rounded and symmetrical to give a sense of comfort and naturalness, and something about the sky silhouettes with extraordinary clearness the strange circles of tall stone pillars with which most of them are crowned.

    The road ahead appears considerably more difficult then what you have already traversed. Deep gorges and ravines of unknown depth cross the road with a dismaying frequency and the swaying of the wooden bridges speaks of long neglect and dubious safety. Despite the sandiness of the soil, where the road dips you can spot stretches of oily marshland that for some reason appear fearful and unclean. In the distance you hear a whippoorwill chatter its mournful song joined by the raucous and creepily insistent rhythms of the piping bull-frogs.

    The only structures are the apparently abandoned farmstand to the north, but there are several areas nearby flat enough to lay out camp if desired.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-18 at 08:49 AM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn peers at the farmstead up ahead.
    "Perhaps we should keep going to there, and then have that rest before carrying on bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Onward!"
    He strides on ahead.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Agreed," agrees Vinto. "As well, there's usually one or two sick or in need of help in such a place. At the least, we can share our meal with them, should they need it." He seems relieved by the prospect of being helpful so early-on in their travels, as if he'd feared he'd be useless until he'd made use of whatever powerful artefacts lay hidden at journey's end. Sometimes, it's the little fears that creep up behind your sleep.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jarian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Crazytown
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Janen follows along, forsaking the air for the time being to walk alongside her new companions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be very busy for a short while. If a situation like this pops up again, assume Janen follows automatically to avoid delay if necessary.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    You leave your path and head off through the thin band of trees that separates you from the farmstead. As you push through the brush and arrive at the edge of a cleared area that was once a field you notice that the colours seem dim and washed out despite the increasing illumination of the sun. The tall grasses appear to be a dim greyish brown and the soil possess a dirty, ashen hue giving the area a distinctly unwholesome feel. Although it is harvest time, none of the plants appear to have borne any fruit and the leaves are brittle and sharp.

    An sense of desolation lies over the area, sharpened by the absence of any of the noises commonly found near human habitation. The weather-worn buildings appear to consist of a small house, two sheds, and a barn. The farm house is tilted at a slight angle as if it struggled to stay upright against the constant eddies of the wind. The building appears to be sturdy enough though, and despite its splintered grey planks it seems to be capable of keeping out the worst of the winds and rain. A wooden chair rocks gently back and forth on the porch, the breeze giving it a macabre motion. The faintest stream of smoke rises from the chimney giving a clue as to its state of occupation.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-19 at 08:50 PM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng steps off the withered trail and onto the vacant porch. He knocks on the door with an open palm and thunderous clap.

    "Hello, sir. My fellow travelers and I were passing through your stead. If you'll grant us lodging for the night, we'll feed your household."
    A post about nothing.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    After a second, there is a faint shuffling noise from within, and the door opens a crack. A wizened face creased with wrinkles and punctuated with suspicious black eyes peers at you.

    "Eh, what's that? Here for shelter? Ah, that's right! Come right in."

    He steps aside and swings the door fully open. Behind him is revealed a humbly finished room furnished with only a plain wooden table, several hewn chairs, and a small fireplace with the dim embers struggling to emit even the faintest aura of warmth. You see two doors on the other side of the room, but they are both shut. As you see the inside of the building, you are struck by how haphazardly it all seems to have been build. The walls all meet the ceiling with slight obtuse angles and the walls themselves don't seem to line up properly. It is almost enough to make one dizzy and off balance.

    He motions you impatiently with his hand.

    "Come on in and take a seat. No sense standing outside."
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn steps in confidently and draws his eyes over the room.
    "What a charming home you have!"

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng steps in.

    The orc makes no signs of admiring the decoration or resilient character of the house. He takes a seat in one of the available chairs and is at ease. The monk sits with rested, closely slitted eyes and breathes deeply.
    A post about nothing.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Post reserved for tomorrow - I'm about to pass out. If anyone needs to know what Vinto's up to, he'll probably cast detect magic, pull out a bunch of food and water (or ale, at request), slap some healthful rest down and maybe sanctuary everyone if it's needed.))((OOC: Sorry for the wait!))



    It would be nice to put up his feet after a long day, and soothe away the wearies of travel. Vinto thinks of home, briefly, and wonders what his parents would think of all this senselessness. Running around the country-side with foreigners and dragons, chasing fairy-tales! He grimaced, and returned to reality, and their host for the night. "My thanks, sir, your hospitality is much appreciated. Have you lived long in these parts?" Vinto studies the man, and his strange house, as he talks. Entering the abode with his new companions, Vinto breathes a spell to aid his natural senses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Casting: Detect magic.))
    Last edited by chrisrawr; 2011-04-23 at 11:18 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jarian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Crazytown
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Janen steps inside, nodding her head in thanks to the owner. Once everyone is settled, she voices her thoughts.

    "As fortunate as we are to be able to sleep beneath a roof, we should not tarry overlong with pleasantries. You have my thanks for your hospitality, goodman. If you would be so kind as to direct us to where we might sleep, we will see that you receive ample recompense for the lodging."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed this was just a place to sleep. If there's actually something going to happen, feel free to ignore the attempt at hastening things along and explore all you like.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Please sit" the old man said as he ushered you in. Turning for a moment, he shuts the door behind you. "Don't want to let in any more of that chilly air."

    He is fairly short, barely topping five feet and even that is being generous. A fizzle of light grey hair was vainly struggling to cover his scalp and a rough looking patch of stubble around his chin spoke poorly of either his shaving schedule or the quality of his razor. Dressed in roughly fitted homespun linen, he gave the appearance of a lowly farmer but even the shapeless sleeves of his tunic couldn't hide the fact that he possessed rather potent strength in his arms and chest. His voice was brittle as if dry from lack of use. While he spoke in the accent of a western commoner, he did have a streak of intelligence and elocution that spoke of a long distant education of some sort.

    "My name is Wilbur Whateley and I'll give you what service I can, my Lords."

    Quickly one of the doors next to him opens and a tiny wizened woman steps out. In nearly every aspect, she worked to make Wilbur look young and handsome and tall. About the only physical advantage she had over him was a full head of hair, though it was just as grey as his.

    "This is Lavinia" he said as an introduction. "Did you gentleman wish to eat, or rest first? If it is food that you're after, then stay seated and Lavina will bring out what we have. Otherwise, the door behind you will suffice. I can't offer you the finery I'm sure you're used to, but at least it's clean and dry."

    OOC @ chrisrawr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you going to cast detect magic?
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Yes, detect magic because the place is wonky, and also because Vinto's a teensie bit curious as to how much magic his companions are packing :P))
    "Robin's Blessings, I've plenty of food, myself, good sir - I'd intended to share mine, should it be needed; the land around here seems less than fit for habitation, and it never hurts to offer succor to those in need." Vinto brings out his decanter showing the man how it worked by filling and draining the cup with a word and a couple large gulps. He offered Wilbur and his wife their choice of cheese, fruit, and dried meat from his ration sack, taking out and setting aside some fruit and cheese for himself. There was an entire day's worth of food inside, and he'd hardly eaten. It would also serve them for breakfast in the morning well enough, at any rate.

    Vinto waited while small talk ensued and as they introduced themselves to each other. "I assure you, I'm no lord, good sir," and "Are there others about?" Simple questions, inquiring always a little deeper into how he could be of service to the area before they left. He was, perhaps, a smidgen overeager to show off his talents, wishing he could be as mysterious or awe-inspiring as his companions.
    Last edited by chrisrawr; 2011-04-23 at 11:40 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng nods in assent to Vinto's blessing. Though his gaze is turned inward, the monk's perception and intuition sweep the room with a blindsight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ain't no rule says y'can't make a Sense Motive check without yer eyes.

    Perception: (1d20+15)[21]
    A post about nothing.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    As Vinto displays his food and drink, Wilbur eyes it with interest. He takes a piece of cheese and tentatively chews it for a bit longer then really necessary before swallowing.

    "Not bad, not bad at all. I thank you for your generosity. Me and Lavinia are sure happy for your gift, but we'd both feel better if we shared some of our pantry with you as well."

    As he speaks, Lavinia brings out a warm meat pie, still steaming from the oven. It is fairly small and simple fare, but carries with it the scent of rustic home cooking. She sets it on the table, then stands a bit behind Wilbur, motionless and silent. Wilbur speaks up.

    "Well, if you're not lords, then what, pray tell, brings you to these parts? I haven't seen folk like you 'round here for years. Heading off into the wilderness, are ye? I see you've marched all night, so don't let me talk your head off. If you be ready for a rest, you've but to say the word."
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-24 at 07:36 PM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The mountainous orc stirs. Brute Sanfeng's eyes snap open with a furious intent. He stands up, moving to block Lavinia from serving her dish.

    "Pray tell, hostess. How has the summer treated you? It must be the last of your livestock in that pie."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to disbelieve: (1d20+14)[27]
    Like an OG
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-04-26 at 03:16 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The scent of the freshly-baked pie tugging at his nostrils draws Alwynn away from the windowsill he was examining.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    What Alwynn does next depends on whether he thinks Sanfeng is acting oddly.
    Perception check (1d20+6)[10] to work out whether he's just being rude, or if something's up.


    If, as I expect, that's not enough:
    Alwynn drapes himself over Sanfeng's shoulders and gently rebukes him.
    "It is bad manners to refuse freely offered hospitality. We shall, of course, contribute!" and with that he draws out a pouch of sweets with a flourish.


    If it is enough to suspect that something's iffy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alwynn loiters casually by the window, but shifts his staff into a better position almost accidentally.
    Enters Stonefoot Stance, and gets ready to cast Bless.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-27 at 10:30 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Lavinia stands in surprise as Sanfeng makes his unexpected move. She almost drops the pie, but manages to place it on the table. Before she can make a response, Wilbur speaks up and raises his hand to stop Sanfeng's further advance.

    "SIR! I will not tolerate such action against Lavinia. We are but your humble servants, but my house is still my own and I will not stand here and be threatened. You are right, the summer has not been kind, but we've had a bit of coin saved up and have bought some meat at the local market. What is your meaning here?"

    Vinto begins rising to intercede, but Alwynn reaches Sanfeng first.

    Wilbur glances over as Alwynn tried to make up for Sanfeng's outburst, but the look of worried outrage remains in his eyes. Lavinia steps back as if to leave the room.

    Vinto's face gives a sudden and subtle sign of worry. "I think there's just been a small misunderstanding. I'm sure my friend Sanfeng is merely concerned for your future well-being and doesn't wish to impose on you. Perhaps we would all be better off with a bit of rest." He finishes his statement with a pointed nod to his companions in the direction of the other room.

    OOC @ Serpentine
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see any reason for Sanfeng's actions. As far as you can tell, he is being rude without reason

    OOC @ LordOfTheDucks
    Spoiler
    Show
    What exactly is your roll for? Any illusions that might be in effect?

    OOC @ chrisrawr
    Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled Knowledge (arcana) checks for you to identify the schools of the two auras on Wilbur and Lavinia and you recognize them both as Transmutation. Your actions above are based on having this knowledge. You think that the old couple are not what they seem, and want to get everyone in the other room so you can quietly discuss your options.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-04-27 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Just spelling . . . *innocent whistling*
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn raises an eyebrow, and yawns theatrically.
    "Quite right, quite right." He bows deeply at our hosts. "My deepest thanks for allowing us to avail ourselves of your services. We shall retire, and bother you as little as we're able. But..." He sashays up to the pie. "Might I take a slice of this delightful treat for consummation in the meanwhilst?"


    All the cool kids are doing it and things are seeming a touch iffy, so there was a Detect Magic activated in the middle of that yawn.
    A note, he's not going to eat his slice now, but take it with him into the other room.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Wilbur looks at Alwynn and he lowers his hand stiffly.

    "I will overlook your friend's actions as the result of a long night. Please avail yourselves of the room. And of course, help yourself to some of the pie. However, it won't be the first bit of consummation that has taken place in that room."

    He walks over to the door and opens it revealing a moderate sized room with a comfortable looking rug spread in the centre of the floor. A small bed stands against the outside wall and the only other furniture is a small night-stand and several small shelves along the wall. There is no window.

    "I'm afraid I can't offer you each a bed, but I'm sure you'll make do as best you can."

    OOC @ Serpentine
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that you give a very theatrical yawn, the type of yawn that might conceivably last 18 seconds or so . . .

    I'm assuming you are using all three rounds of detect magic. I'll still need a Knowledge (arcana) check if you want to know the school of each aura.

    Anyway, you detect a total of about 22 auras (not including any from your own items). You are certain of 2 strong auras emanating from the second room (not the one Wilbur offered to let you sleep in), Three moderate auras (one from the same room as the strong aura and one each on Wilbur and Lavinia). Due to some haziness and distortions, you aren't quite as sure about the weaker auras, but you sense about 3 weak items on Janen, 7 or 8 on Sanfeng, and 6 or 7 on Vinto.

    And once again, if you're interested in the schools of any of them, I'll need some Knowledge (arcana) checks.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, double-checking for illusions.


    Sanfeng's eyes linger on the pie. He looks about at the room and its alerted occupants.

    "I'll sleep outside then, I'm rather used to it."

    The orc monk steps outside. He walks the circumference of the dwelling, leering over the all-too-innocent cabin in the wastes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search/Spot? Perception check on the outside of the house: (1d20+15)[29]
    A post about nothing.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    OOC @ LordOfTheDucks
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't detect any illusions


    You step outside and the rising wind slams the door shut behind you with a hollow thud. The breeze whistles and moans through the eaves and the grasses around you rustle and chatter as the dried stems and leaves twist and sway a violent dance. You don't remember being inside very long, but already the sky is darkening over with sheets of menacing grey clouds stretching over the horizon. The sun is blotted out from view and a shadowy lifelessness lays heavily over the house.

    As you pace around the house, you pay careful attention to everything about it but nothing really catches your eye as out of the ordinary. Once again, the angles of construction are strange and unusual, but other than that, it seems mundane.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto waits until Sanfeng closes the door behind him, before addressing Alwynn and Janen in hushed tones. "I don't see any reason why these two are out here. There's some strange magic afoot; I don't know much about the Arcane, but there's something altering our hosts. Stay on your toes, friends, things are not as they seem here-abouts." He takes a conspiratorial glance around the room, as if looking for ears or peep holes, but soon relaxes, and in a moment more, feels rather silly. "The pie did smell good, though. I hope they didn't put too much trouble into it."

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn listens thoughtfully. He then considers his slice of pie, examines it carefully and then, if he sees nothing wrong with it, takes a tentative but savouring bite.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The pie seems perfectly ordinary and you decide to taste it. It turns out to be quite delicious, simply seasoned but hearty and filled with a rich vegetable gravy and tender meat of some variety.

    As you look around the room a bit more closely, you see that, like the rest of the house, it was of an odd irregular shape; the north wall slanting perceptibly inward from the outer to the inner end, while the ceiling slanted gently downward in the same direction. There was no access, or appearance of form means of access, to the space which must exist between the slanted inner wall and the straight outer wall. The loft above the ceiling, which must have had a tilted floor also showed no means of entrance, although upon closer examination, the ceiling appeared slightly damp, as if a pool of some kind of liquid was sitting above you. A faint rustling and scraping noise came with some regularity from above.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng stood in view of the house. He grew impatient hurriedly. The orc monk retreated a field's length from the home, looking up and down the rows casually. Once he reaches the length of the field, Brut turns back to the house and takes off in a sprint.

    Sanfeng leaps from a distance four plows from house. His legs kick in a scissor fashion as the monk pulls himself up by the force of his acceleration and iron diaphragm, his foot clearing the house's roof by a near inch. The orc monk touches down with stunning silence, having bled his momentum by the apex of his flight.

    {Activate Absolute Steel Stance
    Athletics(Jump): (1d20+28)[34]
    "Treat a fall as if it were 10 feet shorter than it really is when determining damage." Sound would be very damaging at the moment.
    Acrobatics(Tumble):(1d20+15)[25] + 2}
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-04-29 at 10:24 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    With a graceful leap, you jump astonishingly high into the air, and with the skill of long training, you land on the roof top with only the very faintest shuffle to give your position away. The moaning of the wind is louder then your landing, and you can't imagine that anyone inside could have heard you.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    In the meanwhilst, Alwynn scoffs his slice of pie.
    "Well, whatever they are" he slurs as he licks his fingers, "they're good cooks."

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng sweeps the front of traveling cloak to the side and walks lightly across the roof. He walks down the slope of the house, looking for a sunroof, window, or chimney. Sanfeng takes a seat in full lotus on the roof, taking in the view of the farmstead from the single-story vantage.

    {Perception, if Sanfeng doesn't find a peephole/entrance on the roof he'll turn his attention to the barn & field (Spot):(1d20+15)[27]}
    A post about nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •