Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 754
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Shaken, Alwynn brushes the strand off in disgust. He mutters to himself, "should've done this before", and, holding out his staff defensively in one hand, he inscribes certain symbols on his chest, sprinkles a little silvery powder and mutters some phrase in Celestial.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+8)[21]
    Casting Protection from Evil: +2 deflection to AC and +2 to all saves vs. stuff done by Evil creatures; blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature (by a magic jar attack, for example) or to exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person). The protection does not prevent such effects from targeting the protected creature, but it suppresses the effect for the duration of the protection from evil effect; prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. (d20srd)
    Concentration check to cast defensively: DC 16 (lvl 1 spell - a spell-like ability, if that makes any difference), (1d20+5)[10]
    edit: Frick. What a waste...
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-05-12 at 10:59 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    As Alwynn begins to cast his spell, the creature lurches forward in an attempt to stop him, but his movements are slowed from the numerous wounds he has accumulated, and his attack is easily avoided. The instant the spell is cast, the monster shudders in repugnance and backs away from him.

    Shuffling around, the abomination launches itself at Sanfeng. Moving much faster then anyone anticipated, the creature springs up, and with a gooey squelching sound, nearly leaves the ground completely. Once off the floor, its nearly shapeless body droops and sags in unearthly forms. The slimy body, excreting ichor in a succiferous fashion clings wetly to Sanfeng and its tentacled arms circle his chest with a surprising strength. You feel the creature's slimy coating dripping slowly over your arms as the burning sensation continues.

    OOC @ Sanfeng
    Spoiler
    Show
    From last round, when your hands were covered in the slime, you take 3 points of acid damage. I'll need another Fort save for this round as well.

    And I'm going to need a grapple check from you. (The creature has Improved Grapple, so it doesn't provoke). Unfortunately, you'll probably have to rethink your actions for this round.


    On the other side of the doorway, Wilbur shudders and then collapses to the floor in a senseless heap of withered flesh and bone.

    You all hear the crazed sound as hundred of whippoorwills dive into the walls of the house as if trying to batter their way inside. Their incessant shrieking becomes increasingly frenzied but it is almost suddenly drowned out as you hear the muffled pelting of a torrential downpour suddenly hit the house. The roar escalates by the second and almost drowns out the rustling and scratching sounds from the loft above you.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heads-up for my next turn, if it's still wrapped around Sanfeng I'll try to cast Protection from Evil on him. Which means you'll have to decide what "the spell prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature" means when it's engaged in a grapple, if it's a summoned creature (if it isn't, well, I guess I'll just sorta waste a spell).

    By the way, is there a window in this house?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-05-14 at 11:20 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll keep that in mind. Even it it's not a summoned creature, the spell still provides some bonuses, so it wouldn't be totally wasted. However, keep in mind that the effect against summoned creatures ends if the warded creature attacks the summoned creature.

    There is one window in the first room you entered (on the wall of H3), but there are no windows in the bedroom.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    {Fort: (1d20+10)[22]}

    Sanfeng groans under the sudden, unrelenting pressure. He winces mutely and presses the back of both palms before him in a ward-off against the advancing slimebeast.

    {Grapple: (1d20+12)[29]}
    A post about nothing.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dang! Both of you rolled a 29 for the grapple checks, but unfortunately, the monster has a higher modifier


    Sanfeng tries to push off the monster, but he is unable to get a good purchase on the squamous skin and the creature's tentacled arms envelope him in a painful embrace. It looks up at you and it's multifarious tongue slides around the circumference of its mouth leaving a glistening ring nearly six inches across. It almost seems to be grinning, but who could say.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sanfeng's turn, then Vinto
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    {So Sanfeng may attack as unarmed with a -4 penalty? If the opponent you are grappling with is flanked do you receive a +2 to attack? Sanfeng's AC is 13 in a grapple.}

    Brut does not let the hope of escape blemish his attack. He stands his ground in the beast's maw and throws a single clutching strike down its gullet.

    {Attack: Activate Stone Bones. If Sanfeng makes his attack, he receives damage reduction 5/adamantine for the coming round of punishment.
    (1d20+11)[22] for (1d8+6)[12]
    Obligatory Fort: (1d20+10)[22]}
    A post about nothing.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    As some clinical part of Vinto hopes that the old man's alright, his focus is drawn to the quarrel between the sponge-beast and his stoic companion. Hoping to see if the grotesque will listen to some farm reason, he rolls up his sleeves as he walks over to the beast, grabs it by what he hopes is the head, and begins a slow throttle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Inevitable Defeat, Touch Attack - (1d20)[19] Damage - (3d6)[7], Spell description from PHBII

    Spoiler
    Show

    Inevitable Defeat
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-
    Affecting]
    Level: Beguiler 3, sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: None and Will negates;
    see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    You touch the creature with your hand, and
    it teeters on the edge of unconsciousness.
    You draw a cloud over the subject’s
    mind, dealing 3d6 points of nonlethal
    damage. No saving throw is allowed
    against this effect. Each round on its
    turn, the subject must succeed on a
    Will save or take another 3d6 points of
    nonlethal damage. If the saving throw
    is successful, the damage for that round
    is negated and the spell ends.


    It doesn't technically require me to throttle the beast, or continue touching it at all, but why not
    Last edited by chrisrawr; 2011-05-14 at 11:51 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, if you're attacking you take the -4. However, the monster also loses his Dex modifier, and it has no armour, so I think you'll still stand a pretty good chance. I'll say that you get the +2 from flanking even if you're grappled.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn gives a lopsided grin and he considers his next move.
    "Well isn't this sweet. A cuddlepuddle."


    "Can I?" question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mighty Throw: As part of this maneuver, you must succeed on a melee touch attack against your foe. Resolve the throw as a trip attempt (PH 158), but you do not provoke attacks of opportunity, and your opponent cannot try to trip you if you lose the opposed check. You can use your Dexterity or Strength modifier, whichever is higher. You gain a +4
    bonus on the ability check.
    If you succeed in tripping your foe, you throw it up to 10 feet away from
    you. The target falls prone in the destination space. You choose where it
    lands. You must place the target in an empty space. If you lack the distance
    to throw your target into a clear space, it falls prone in its current space.
    An enemy you throw with this maneuver does not provoke attacks of opportunity for passing through enemies’ threatened areas as part of the
    throw, and you can throw an enemy through occupied squares.

    I'm guessing not, but could I use this to try to tear the creature off Sanfeng and throw it away? What if I succeeded on a grapple check first? It would be a cool image... "Take your tentacles off him, you dirty lump!", grab, fling.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-05-15 at 12:56 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng draws back his arm and with a lightening quick motion, lands a powerful blow down the creature's mouth. The monster lets out a stifled gurgle and you feel its body stiffen in pain. You feel its hold on you lessen just as Vinto comes beside you and circles his arms around its neck.

    Vinto throttles the beast while muttering a few arcane phrases. The horror writhes for a few seconds, and with one last twitch, it collapses to the floor in a shapeless mass of slimy flesh.

    Janen was mid step on her way to assist Sanfeng, but with a delicate turn of her body, she bypassed the creature and stepped over to the doorway and looked around. "That woman is still out here somewhere, and I'm sure she's not as innocent as she looked."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20-10)[0] . Dang it, I fail at rolling. However, basic maths tells me the raw roll was a 10, so I'll just add the modifier this time for a result of 20.


    OOC @ Vinto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need a fort save from you


    OOC @ Alwynn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would let you do that, just for the sheer AWESOME® factor, but given that the monster is unconscious, I'm guessing you want to change your actions.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2011-05-16 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I fail at life.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn looked ready to throw himself at the creature when it slips off. Instead he walks up to it, pokes it gingerly with the end of his staff, and then rams it through the things "head".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah well. Next time, eh?
    Do I need to roll for a coup-de-grace?
    Perception check (1d20+6)[18] to check that the thing isn't the wife in some other form (which was, uh, kinda what I/Alwynn was assuming <.<)

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    {To the doorway? Where's Wilbur?}

    Sanfeng looses a triumphant, bestial roar. He watches the slime beast dissolve before him, his dark pupils reflecting the scene in microcosm.

    The orc steps toward the doorway, his hands gnarled with savage intentions.

    {Move action towards the door; if he spies the woman or Wilbur he'll Spring attack & initiate a grapple
    Touch: (1d20+13)[15]
    Grapple: (1d20+12)[13]}
    A post about nothing.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    fort (1d20+2)[12], Concentration (1d20)[16] if needed for Lesser Vigor on us people in the room. Three Heal Checks to see if I notice anything on my allies that requires immediate attention - (1d20+10)[24], (1d20+10)[28], (1d20+10)[26]

    Wilbur is unconscious on the floor. I zapped him and it pooped his magic a bit, I suppose.


    Vinto shakes goop off of his hands, struggling through an awkward stiffness to force out a simple revitalization magicking. "How is everyone?" he asks, "Does anyone need seen to?" With particular emphasis toward Sanfeng, he adds, "Can I do anything? You were practically engulfed by the beast, after all."

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn finishes off the creature with a piercing blow to its head. Black ichor oozes out from the wounds and it lies motionless. Instantly, the shrilling of the whippoorwills ceased and you all hear the panic-struck whirring and fluttering of the birds as they raced from the house. A terrific bolt of lightening stuck near the house, with the sizzling FWIP, like the sound of a vast cut of fabric being ripped in half. The hair on the back of your neck and arms rises with static and the very air feels charged and electric. And then, quickly as it had come, the sensation vanished. You also notice that the rain, which had been like the sound of a waterfall, was now dying off into a peaceful patter almost as if the clouds themselves were anxious to wash the filth and evil from the place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are all out of initiative now.

    @ Alwynn, there is no need to roll for a coup de grace.


    Alwynn, you examine the creature carefully, but aren't really sure if it is the woman in another form or not. On one hand, you haven't seen the woman, but on the other hand, it did drop out of the ceiling. Janen appears to believe they are two different entities, but she could be wrong.

    As the creature is finished off, Sanfeng steps towards the door and looks around. Wilbur is still lying in a collapsed heap outside the door and his haggard breathing indicates that perhaps he isn't in the best of health. You see no sign of anyone else or of any other threats.

    Vinto shakes his hands violents as the creatures slime flies off in sticky drops. You glance over your companions carefully, but you don't see any serious wounds. Sanfeng has some redness on the skin of his hands and lower arms indicating some minor acid burns, but it doesn't appear too serious. You too feel a minor burning sensation on your hands and arms but it quickly disappears under the soothing touch of your healing spell.

    Janen shudders at the dying sounds of the monster and takes a step beside Sanfeng. "I have the feeling that someone . . . or something is still around. I won't feel safe until we check the rest of the house. Did you see anything else upstairs?" Turning back towards Vinto, she assures him "I'm perfectly fine, just a bit shaken."
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The massive orc shudders visibly at Janen's question.

    "The beast's lair and young."

    Brut stands over the collapsed heap that was previously their host. He turns to answer Vinto, "Myself? Flesh wounds. Hardly. It appears as though this farm's proprietor is more in need of your talents."
    A post about nothing.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Nodding at Sanfeng, and motioning to Janen and Alwynn, Vinto begins proposing a course of action. "I say we split up - You and Sanfeng can scour the house," he says to Janen, "Tear the walls of this wretched place down if you have to, it's a blight against our God in any case, and I'll be happy to see it burned when we leave." Taking a breath, he turns to Alwynn. "I'm going to try and see if Wilbur is... Salvageable."

    Vinto shakes his head, doubt clawing at him. "First thing is, I'll need your help carrying him out of here. Then I'll need you to watch him while I try to get some answers. There's a couple spells I can try that might keep him restrained, and hopefully, reasonable, but they require some time to prepare." He stares everyone in the eye for a second, before adding, "I'm not willing to just kill him, even after what he's done. It's not fair to him, or to his victims, that he goes free so easily."
    Last edited by chrisrawr; 2011-05-18 at 01:43 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Or we could just burn the place down," Brut echoes with a shrug.

    He lets the silence hang for a moment before huffing in resigned moral obligation. He hefts Wilbur off the ground by the armpits, assuming he doesn't... dissolve in his touch or... something.
    A post about nothing.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Janen nods in agreement with Vinto's words. "I concur, let's get Wilbur out of here." She was about to stoop and assist with the task when Sanfeng picks the old man up by himself. She shrugs in resignation and then turns to follow him out. "I'll come with you anyway. Who knows what might be outside." Pausing for a second, she turns back towards Vinto. "We'll be back in a few seconds to finish searching the house. I'm good at burning." A faint grin appears on her face just before she turns back and hurries to catch up with Sanfeng.

    You step outside and the world is glistening with the scattered prisms of a million drops of light, transforming the barren landscape into something almost resembling beauty. The lowering clouds of a few minute earlier are nearly dissolved and the sun shines ever stronger through the few wisps that remain. Outside the house, one of the sheds, apparently struck by the bolt of lightening, is obliterated and the shattered timbers and planks smoulder with a dim orange glow.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn. I thought I had magic circle against evil, which was why I needed so much set-up time. I'll just cast remove curse, remove disease, and dispel magic on Wilbur, closing him off in a semicircle wall of good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dispel magic roll (1d20+8)[16]


    Vinto follows Janen and the others out of the house, looking for somewhere flat and well-lighted to begin his checkup. ((If necessary, he'll light a torch)) Motioning Sanfeng, he asks, "Put him down here, and stand back. I shouldn't be long, I hope - I'd love to pitch in my share of burning this foul place down."

    Concentrating again, he summons another shimmering forcefield, similar to the one he'd closed the roof inside with, but bowl-shaped, and covering the area around "Wilbur." Cleansing and sterilizing the area, Vinto's first actions directly involving the old man are to once again attempt to purge him of magics, followed by a routine health check-up ((taking 10, for 23)).

    "Well, the good news is, he's breathing... for now."
    Last edited by chrisrawr; 2011-05-19 at 02:29 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    It is now quite bright outside, and early afternoon. Vinto makes all his preparations and then carefully examines the old man. You find no trace of any magic on him, and he seems free of any enchantment or other effect. He also appears quite undamaged and you can find no wounds or other ailments. If anything, it seems he is just physically and mentally drained and has fallen into a unusually deep sleep; though a perfectly mundane one.

    As Vinto occupies himself with his duties, Janen watches for a few seconds, and then heads back inside. "We might as well take out anything of use before we burn the place down. If Wilbur is all right, it would be a shame to leave him without any possessions."
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "I would rather burn the house from the inside anyway."

    Sanfeng walks to the barn and grabs a burning plank. He marches back, ducking the farmstead's inadequate doorway. Inside, he turns to the unexplored kitchen.

    {Craft(torch)}
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-05-20 at 07:26 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn follows the people carrying Wilbur outside. When they put him down, he mutters some words and traces some symbol on the unconcious man's chest.
    "Hopefully that will keep any lingering outside forces out of him until we can check out the place properly. Unless... Well, hopefully. Now, let us have a look at this place."
    With that he turns to the house and starts inside to clear it out.
    \

    Spoiler
    Show
    Protection from Evil on Wilbur.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    You re-enter the house and look around for anything of interest. For the most part, it contains just the normal mundane items you would expect to find: tables, chairs, a bed, a few shelves, cooking and eating utensils and such. However, in the back room you also find a small box constructed of some dense dark wood apparently locked, but without any evident keyhole or hinges. Janen shakes it and you hear the shuffling of papers inside but nothing else to reveal its contents.

    In the corner of the kitchen, hidden in a closet, there is a rickety flight of stairs leading up. A trapdoor at the top of the steps is locked, but it appears to open up into the loft.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn stands at the base of the stair, leaning on his staff ponderingly.
    "Sanfeng... What did you say you saw in the roof?"

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "Maggots. Husks. The vile beast's lair," Brut snorts disgustedly.

    The mountainous orc sees no value in the scroll-containing chest. He holds the torch aloft, igniting the roof and loft above. Sanfeng does not move until he can hear the sizzle and crack of the burning nest. He throws the torch to the ground and smashes a dresser for extra kindling. Satisfied, Brut exits the shack.

    "Let's go. This place is cursed. I'll not suffer it any longer."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2011-05-24 at 09:21 PM.
    A post about nothing.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Janen rushes to dash the torch out of Sanfeng's hand, but she is too slow to stop the flames from catching on the dry wood of the ceiling.
    "But . . . we can't leave Wilbur out here with NOTHING!" A faint spark of anger awakens in her eyes as she glares at Sanfeng. Stammering for a second, she rushes out in a torrent of words: "It wasn't his fault, he was forced into it and now he's going to be left here penniless and homeless and he's too old to start a new homestead!"

    Even in the short time it takes her to speak, the flames multiply quickly across the roof and translucent rivulets of fire pulse in their consuming light. Smoke is rapidly billowing throughout the room and the stench of scorching filth and flesh fills your nostrils.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn gives Sanfeng an annoyed glance.
    "Too bad if there was anything of value up there..."
    "You've got that box, Janen? Better get grabbing..."
    He whisks around the rooms as quickly as he can, snatching up anything that might be of use.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Will use Step of the Wind and Wind Stride to go a bit faster.
    Perception check to find as much useful stuff as quickly as possible (will also grab a blanket or two and stuff like that): (1d20+6)[10]

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrassyGnoll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Jerk Store

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Sanfeng's porcine snout flutters shut at the stench and choking smoke. Brut stands in the midst of the inferno, arguing over the roar of the fire.

    "You hear that!? This is no homestead, it's a festering hive!"

    The sizzle of burning ichor and maggots is too much for the shaken orc. He is about to follow Alywnn upstairs, but allows the human discover the loft's putrid condition. Brut storms out of the blazing home, seeing Wilbur collapsed on the ground, he grumbles at the inclement progress of their travels.

    "What do I owe this coerced murderer? His life is quarter enough."
    A post about nothing.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "The least you owe him is chance to explain himself," Vinto snaps, then mellows. "And now you've robbed me of my share in the burning of this abysmal abode," he says with a wry grin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •