New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

Ok the Batiri and Cerilians are basically goblins, but I can do PrC's for them. Amitok were redone for 3rd as Snow Goblins. Ravenloft goblyns are the result of curses and aren't goblinoids.

FOr races that leaves the Grodd Goblins, about whom I can find little. You guys still want them? Anyone have any info on them?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

shall I temporarily move back to PrC's then?
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

TOAD STICKER

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

“Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the persons house and ring the doorbell. When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's head with a note that says "You." After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.”

Toad Stickers are among the few psionically powered Goblins that are neither Blues, nor traditional psionics. Virtually all Goblin Soulknives end up becoming assassins of some sort, usually with twin Mind Blades.

BECOMING A TOAD STICKER
    Any Goblin with enough levels in Soulknife will do.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Goblin
    Alignment: Must be Evil
    Class Abilities: Mind Blade, Shape Mind Blade
    Skills: Hide 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks, Tumble 4 ranks
    Feats: Two Weapon Fighting

Class Skills
    The Toad Sticker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Psionic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Psychic Strike +1d8
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Psychic Assassin
    3. +2    +1     +3     +3    Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Psychic Strike +2d8
    5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Psychic Assassin
    6. +4    +2     +5     +5    Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Psychic Strike +3d8
    8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Psychic Assassin
    9. +6    +3     +6     +6    Psychic Two Weapon Fighting
    10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Master Assassin
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Toad Sticker gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Psychic Strike (Su): At Levels 1, 4, and 7 you get an additional +1d8 damage with Psychic Strike (this stacks with dice of Psychic Strike from other classes).

Psychic Assassin (Su): At Levels 2, 5, and 8 you gain an ability from the following list (these cannot be taken multiple times):

Backstabber If your opponent is Flat-Footed or unaware of your presence you always get your Psychic Strike damage on a successful Attack (even if it is not charged).

Bleeder On any successful attack by you your opponent loses and additional hit point per round due to blood loss for the next 2d4 rounds. Multiple attacks don't stack but do increase the length of time by an additional +2d4 rounds.

Ribcage Stab (Prerequisite: Level 6) On a successful strike you may lose your Psionic Focus as a Free Action to change a successful attack into a successful Critical hit.

Veteran Your Mind Blade now does an additional die of damage.

Precision Your attacks ignore Concealment (yes this includes Invisibility).

Quick Strike Preparing your Psychic Strike is now a Swift Action instead of a Move Action.

Improved Two Weapon Fighting(Ex): At 3rd Level you get Improved Two Weapon Fighting as a Bonus Feat.

Greater Two Weapon Fighting (Ex): At 6th Level you get Greater Two Weapon Fighting as a Bonus Feat.

Psychic Two Weapon Fighting (Su):
    As long as you maintain your Psionic Focus your penalties when making offhand attacks are reduced by an amount equal to half your Toad Sticker Level.

Master Assassin (Su): Whenever you roll a natural 20 on an attack with your Mind Blade your opponent must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Wis Modifier) or die. If successful he takes 3d6 damage instead.

PLAYING A TOAD STICKER
    People are nervous around you since in theory you can't be disarmed in the traditional manner. Even if you have no weapons on you you can always call some up. Plus you're an absolute bastard. Even if it weren't for your powers your habit of giggling while stabbing things would put people off.
    Combat: Much of your combat style relies on lying in wait for someone before jumping out, whacking them repeatedly with a knife, and running like hell.
    Advancement: Advancement depends on your personal quirks and what you think clients like in a crazed psionic assassin.
    Resources: You've prolly made some decent contacts in your career, or have a few regular patrons.

TOAD STICKERS IN THE WORLD
    "You'd think a sociopath assassin wouldn't have a fan following but he does."
    You live a pretty lonely life like any killer for hire. Fortunately you don't have to worry much about repairing and replacing weapons. After all you can just summon more.
    Daily Life: You're pretty much like any other assassin. Lots of boredom with brief stretches of total and complete Chaos followed by running for your life.
    Notables:
    Organizations: You probably belong to a Guild of some sort.

NPC Reaction
    You're an assassin. It stands to reason most people don't like you assuming you're insane enough to advertise it.

TOAD STICKERS IN THE GAME
    This class assumes you kill people for money, which may be a lil iffy for some.
    Adaptation: This is good for both silly or serious campaigns.
    Encounters: You're usually encountered standing over someone plunging a knife into them screaming "Just die already!"

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are quietly playing cards when a nearby Goblin suddenly jumps up, screams incoherently, summons a magic weapon and puts it in his waiter. Perhaps his roast beef was a tad underdone.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC TOAD STICKER

Hit Die: d10
    Psychic Strike At Level 21 and every 3 Levels thereafter you gain an additional die with your Psychic Strike.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Toad Sticker gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-08-20 at 08:36 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Did anything in this thread ever come out to being designed to Pathfinder or easily converted to Pathfinder? I'm running a Goblins game for a small group while my main players are on break and I'd love for some other goodies to pop into my game besides what I have right now(GoG, ARG, etc.) and I've seen something in this thread earlier on that looked good. I figured this would be a good place to ask though! Anyone got some suggestions of good brews or other sources?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

I havent done anything for Pathfinder as I dont own the game. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to convert.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

toad sticker now has fluff and some abilities
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Toad Sticker is done and awaiting review.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Psychic Assassin (Su): At Levels 2, 5, and 8 you gain an ability from the following list:
    Can you take an ability more than once, like Bleeder or Veteran?

Backstabber If your opponent is Flat-Footed or unaware of your presence you always get your Psychic Strike damage on a successful Attack.
    So...you don't have to charge it to Psychic Strike a flat-footed creature?

Bleeder On any successful attack by you your opponent loses and additional hit point per round due to blood loss for the next 2d4 rounds.
    Does multiple Bleeder attacks stack? As in, if you hit someone multiple times (as Frog Stickers would be prone to do, since they're all TWFing and all), do you get multiple points per round of bleeding?

Ribcage Stab On a successful strike you may lose your Psionic Focus as a Free Action to change a successful attack into a successful Critical hit.
    Probably among the most powerful of these, as crits on demand (look at that, Psycrystal Containment!). May want to stick a level requirement or some other limit, as you're basically guaranteeing a crit a combat, which substantially increases the value of Elemental Burst weapon specials.

Veteran Your Mind Blade now does an additional die of damage.
    Neat, though could get nasty if you can choose it multiple times, for a pair of 4d6 mindblades.

Precision Your attacks ignore Concealment.
    What about invisibility?

Quick Strike Preparing your Psychic Strike is now a Swift Action instead of a Move Action.
    Better than the feat but it should be, as CP's Swift Mind Strike kinda sucks, anyways.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

I believe I have edited it sufficiently to answer your questions

MINDSPEAR

"Of course it's a gift from Gruumsh what else would it be?"

Mindspears are Orcish Soulknives. The talent is fairly rare among their people, and they learn pretty quickly it separates them from the rest of the culture as they are perceived as 'different' (i.e. bad). The intelligent ones learn to spin it as a gift from Gruumsh pretty quickly in order to survive to adulthood.

BECOMING A MINDSPEAR
    Just be an Orc Soulknife pretty much.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Orc
    Class Abilities: Shape Mind Blade
    Feats: Orc Mind Spear (see below)
    Skills: Autohypnosis 6 ranks, Concentration 6 ranks

Class Skills
    The Mindspear's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
    1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Death Spear
    2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Far Reaching Spear
    3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Piercing Spear
    4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Death Spear
    5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Far Reaching Spear
    6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Piercing Spear
    7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Death Spear
    8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Far Reaching Spear
    9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Piercing Spear
    10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Unholy Spear
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Mindspear gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Death Spear (Su): At 1st Level when your Mind Blade is charged for a Psychic Strike and used to make a range attack it does an extra 1d8 damage.

At 4th Level you may charge a Psychic Strike as a Swift Action, and when charged your Mind Blade threatens a Critical on a 19-20.

At 7th Level when charged for a Psychic Strike your Mind Blade does +2d8 damage when it performs a successful Critical hit. This stacks with the Level 1 ability.

Far Reaching Spear (Su): At Level 2 the your Mind Blade now has a range increment of 60'

At 5th Level you no longer take range penalties when throwing your Mind Blade.

At 8th Level when charged for a Psychic Strike your Mind Blade can hit anything you can see (in other words if you can make a successful Spot Check you can hit it wherever it is regardless of range).

Piercing Spear (Su): At 3rd Level your Mind Blade is considered to be Chaotic and Evil for purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

At 6th Level your Mind Blade ignores the first three points of your opponents Damage Reduction (i.e. if he has DR 5/- he instead has DR 2/-.

At 9th Level your Mind Blades damage is considered Vile Damage.

Spear of Might (Su): Your Mind Blade now ignores Armor, Natural Armor, and Shield Bonuses to Armor Class.

PLAYING A MINDSPEAR
    Most other Orcs look at you like you have two heads. They respect what you can do for the war effort, but you are something of an 'Other'. This complicates your life and makes you one of the few Orcs that has had to lean the fine art of lying to stay alive.
    Combat: Pretty much the same as any other Orc barbarian. If you didn't charge into the thick of things screaming and laying about with your weapon like a fool it just reinforces your 'otherness'. You do however have some options your brethren do not.
    Advancement: This kind of depends on your commanding officer. If he's also a Soulknife he knows whats up and allows you the freedom to develop. If not, you're likely hampered in your growth or asked to develop your skills in a direction someone else wants,
    Resources: You're most likely a member of a specialized military unit. Depending on how you're viewed and your success rate you may or may not have resources available at your disposable.

MINDSPEARS IN THE WORLD
    "I just can't help but feel he isn't one of us."
    You live most of your life in seclusion out of necessity as you don't want people asking too many questions. You come out of hiding for fights or defense of the village, but other than that you try to stay unnoticed and out of trouble.
    Daily Life: Most of your time is spent in training, and avoiding anyone outside your small social circle.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Usually you're a member of a subculture within Orc society. While you may be religious and military in nature, that's mostly cover for the fact you don't want burned at the stake. In fact you may be less militant or religious than most of your people just due to being discriminated against.

NPC Reaction
    You are perceived negatively in the manner that is usual for most of Orc kind.

MINDSPEARS IN THE GAME
    This PrC means you won't exactly be well accepted by some Orcs. And being an Orc you aren't well accepted by much of anyone else either.
    Adaptation: This is meant for serious campaigns with shades of morality, but will do in other styles.
    Encounters: You are generally only encountered when PC's join or take on the Orc military as you stay well out of sight the rest of the time.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been asked to convince an Orc soldier that he is fighting for the wrong side.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC MINDSPEAR

Hit Die: d10
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Mindspear gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th

Orc Mind Spear
    Your Mind Blade looks like your Deities Longspear.
    Prerequisites: Mind Blade, Shape Mind Blade
    Benefits: Any time you wish to reshape your mind blade using your shape mind blade class feature, you can add the Longspear to your shape repertoire. The weapon is sized appropriately for you and deals damage as a Longspear. Unlike normal Longspears you may use it to attack adjacent opponents.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-10-07 at 02:13 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

I need to finsih an assignment to kep my power on, will finish up soon.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

fluff is up
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting, though I don't know how outcast you really are unless it's meant as a subtle 'Soulknives suck!' which while true seems kinda passive-aggressive.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Orcs are portrayed as fairly conformist barbaric religious fanatics despite their chaotic alignment (probably a holdover from 1e when they were Lawful).

The point is that despite being the ultimate 'others' in the dnd universe they are just as susceptible to fear of the 'other' because they hate and despise anyone different from them. The Soulknife pulls weapons from thin air made from a magic they dont understand, and sees the world from a different perspective than they do. He's an 'other' not by any obvious outward reason, and the other Orcs don't understand or trust him for that reason. SImply because he can do something they cant.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

I need to finish another online gig because Im being sued for back taxes. Gimme a bit longer and I'll be back.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Mindspear done and ready for review.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Death Spear is confusing in stacking issues. Do the 1st and 3rd tier stack damage if both conditions are met? Does the 2nd tier stack with Spear of Might for crit range?

I'd personally provide a bit more synergy to Soulknife so that it stacks with Soulknife levels for the purposes of what bonus the mindblade has and maybe a couple other things. I'd also make Brilliant Energy switchable, as nothing sucks more than when your primary weapon can't do anything to your target, especially as a Soulknife. Undead and Constructs laugh as you try to pierce them with your blade and it passes through harmlessly.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Revised. How does it look now.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

BLACK ORCS

"Maybe you should leave now. While I can still let yo."

Black Orcs are failed attempts by Orc Shadow Casters to become Children of the Night. Their link to the Plane of Shadow slowly transforms them into Undead monstrosities who need the life force of others to survive. No one is sure if this is a difference in Orc physiology or mentality, but for some reason attempts by them to become Children have always resulted in them becoming semi-vampiric monstrosities. The class gets it's name from the members tendency to slowly turn a matte black in color.

BECOMING A BLACK ORC
    Any Shadow Caster who follows the correct Paths can take this (if they are Orcs).

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race : Any Orcish
    Class Abilities: Flesh Fails, Shadow Skin, Sustaining Shadow
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana, The Planes) 6 ranks
    Alignment: Can't be Good

Class Skills
    The Black Orc's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana. The Planes), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    Increasing Darkness, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    Devouring Shadow, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    3. +1    +3     +1     +3    Shadow Theft, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    4. +2    +4     +1     +4    Increasing Darkness, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    5. +2    +4     +1     +4    Devouring Shadow, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    6. +3    +5     +2     +5    Shadow Theft, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    7. +3    +5     +2     +5    Increasing Darkness, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    8. +4    +6     +2     +6    Devouring Shadow, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    9. +4    +6     +3     +6    Shadow Theft, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    10.+5    +7     +3     +7    Shadow Apotheosis, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Black Orc gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Increasing Darkness (Ex): Beginning at 1st Level when you use Shadow Skin Mystery you also gain a Deflection Bonus to AC equal to your Cha Modifier, and may use it one additional time per day.

At 4th Level when using Shadow Skin you have a 50% chance to turn a critical hit into a regular one, and may use the Mystery one additional time per day.

At 7th Level you permanently gain the benefits of the Shadow Skin Mystery.

Devouring Shadow (Su): Beginning at 2nd Level your flesh increasingly becomes made of shadow stuff. You are now immune to disease and poison.

At 5th Level you no longer require sleep, food or water, and are immune to Sleep and Fatigue/Exhaustion. You do however have to use Flesh Fails to successfully damage an individual at least once a day in a manner similar to some Undead.

At 8th Level you are immune to Ability Damage/Drain, and Energy Drain.

Shadow Theft (Su): Beginning at 3rd Level when you use the Flesh Fails Mystery it can do Ability Drain as opposed to damage, and you can use it one additional time per day. If you choose to use it as Drain you gain 10 Temporary hit points (If used as Drain your opponent gets a Willpower Save, DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier).

At 6th Level you may choose to do 4 points of Damage/Drain to Int, Wis, or Con as well, and may use Flesh Fails one additional time per day.

At 9th Level you may use Flesh Fails at will.

Shadow Apotheosis: At 10th Level your Type changes to Undead (do not recalculate Hit Dice, Skills, BAB, etc) with the Extraplanar Subtype. You may travel the Plane of Shadow without ill effects as if you had the permanent benefits of a Planar Adaptation spell. If you have the Greater Flesh Fails Mystery, you may use it to Damage/Drain mental stats as well for 6 points, and may use it one additional time per day. You also gain a +8 Racial Bonus to Hide Checks in darkness or shadowy areas.

PLAYING A BLACK ORC
    You are slowly becoming an undead monster. You don't like it, but the power it brings is addictive. And if you're immortal and have power what does life mean anyway? Being flesh and blood is more of a weakness than anything else.
    Combat: You're a classic ambush predator, using your mysteries to close in on the target, and then using your powers to drain his life.
    Advancement: Once most Orcs start the path to becoming a Black Orc their conversion is sadly inevitable and follows fairly similar lines. A quick mental and physical transformation into a soulless predator.
    Resources: You're a monster. Worse you're a monster with self control issues, which makes others less likely to tolerate you on a regular basis. You probably find yourself limited to what you can take.

BLACK ORCS IN THE WORLD
    "They come out at night mostly."
    The moment your transition begins you begin withdrawing from the world. You don't realize it at first and won't admit to knowing why once you do. But you know deep inside you aren't like others anymore. You're becoming something even your own kind would consider a monster.
    Daily Life: Much of your time is spent studying Mysteries in the hopes of gaining control over your transformation, or trying to stave off insanity.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Most Shadow Caster organizations know the result of this PrC, and only the most truly evil and depraved will hire you.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's treat you like any other undead monster. In short they try to kill you with fire.

BLACK ORCS IN THE GAME
    This class assumes the other PC's don't mind someone in their party eating the souls of the living. Needless to say it can lead to some conflict...
    Adaptation: This is generally meant for dark campaigns.
    Encounters: Black Orcs aren't usually encountered until they are well along in their transformation, and who have turned to murder to support they're cravings.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: A series of strange murders have been taking place in the slums of the city, and the PC's have been asked to find out who it is.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC BLACK ORC

Hit Die: d6
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Black Orc gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-11-22 at 06:53 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Will the Bleak Archer advance shadowcasting?
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

probably, im just trying to decide how much
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the Bleak Archer a reprint? I could swear you made something like this earlier...
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Crap. I did. Revising it now.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

any requests while im finishing the orc?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Black Orc has crunch as well as some minor fluff.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

OROG MYRMIDON

"It's better if you don't get too close."

Myrmidons are specialist units meant for clearing a path through masses of enemy units. Their powers make them damage resistant, and harm anyone too close to them, so most opponents get out of their way one way or the other.

BECOMING AN OROG MYRMIDON
    An Orog Shadowcaster is all you need be.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Orog
    Class Abilities: Sharp Shadows and Shadow Skin Mysteries
    Skills: Concentration 6 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks

Class Skills
    The Orog Myrmidon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana)(Int), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).

Code:
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    Shadow Armor, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    Shadow Spines, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    3. +1    +3     +1     +3    Shadow Fist, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class 
    4. +2    +4     +1     +4    Shadow Armor, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    5. +2    +4     +1     +4    Shadow Spines, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    6. +3    +5     +2     +5    Shadow Fist, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class 
    7. +3    +5     +2     +5    Shadow Armor, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    8. +4    +6     +2     +6    Shadow Spines, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    9. +4    +6     +3     +6    Shadow Fist, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class 
    10.+5    +7     +3     +7    Bleak Juggernaut, +1 Level of existing Mystery-using class
    Shadow Armor (Su): Beginning at 1st Level you may 'lose' one daily use of any Mystery of the same Level to cast Steel Shadows or Shadow SKin

At 4th Level Steel Shadows gives you a +6 Deflection Bonus to AC instead of the usual Bonus.

At 7th Level the Deflection Bonus is equal to your Orog Myrmidon Level.

Shadow Spines (Su): Beginning at 2nd Level you may 'lose' one daily use of any Mystery of the same Level to cast Sharp Shadows, and the damage is considered magical for purposes of overcoming DR.

At 5th Level Sharp Shadows are now considered weapons for the purposes of spells that buff or permanently enchant weapons. They also damage anyone in a square you threaten, not just those who attack you.

At 8th Level they will expand to lash out at spearmen, meaning opponents with Reach weapons are damaged too.

Shadow Fist (Su): At 3rd Level when you are using Steel Shadows you no longer take an AC penalty when making Charge attacks. When using Sharp Shadows you may now make a melee touch attack to do it's damage as well as having it damage foes who attack you.

At 6th Level you take x less damage from Attacks of Opportunity (x=your Charisma modifier), and gain an Enhancement Bonus on damage rolls made by your Sharp Shadows equal to your Charisma Modifier.

At 9th Level if your opponent successfully confirms a Critical hit on you your Sharp Shadows attack does double damage if applicable.

Bleak Juggernaut (Su): At 10th Level you permanently gain the benefits of your Steel Shadows and Shadow Skin Mysteries.

Weapon Proficiencies: An Orog Myrmidon gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

PLAYING AN OROG MYRMIDON
    You feel safest when surrounded by shadow. Opponents can't tell where you are or what you're up to. And if you get close enough the shadows impale and slice them, so it's not like they're in a hurry to be the first to fight you.
    Combat: Most of your powers are for devastating melee units. You have some protection against archers, but depending on what you've studied you're more likely to be an infantry killer than anything else.
    Advancement: Military employed Myrmidons learn a pretty strict set of power as they advance. Rebels who leave are free to go their own way if they can find another teacher.
    Resources: You have the Orog military to rely upon them assuming you haven't quit.

OROG MYRMIDONS IN THE WORLD
    "Keep your distance from that one."
    You don't interact much with anyone besides your instructors. Other people don't 'get' you, or your weird obsession with shadow.
    Daily Life: As with any military class most of your time is spent training.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Generally you're caught young and trained by the Orog military, though if you go awol you may end up with other organizations.

NPC Reaction
    You get the same reaction any Orc humanoid gets: fear and distrust.

OROG MYRMIDONS IN THE GAME
    This assumes you are part of a shadow magic military unit.
    Adaptation: This is meant for serious campaigns.
    Encounters: Myrmidons are generally only brought out under circumstances where their powers will be of maximum benefit as they are a fairly specialized unit.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been brought in to help subdue a terrifying new mercenary unit the Orogs have been fielding in raids.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC OROG MYRMIDON

Bonus Feats: The Epic Orog Myrmidon gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-11-30 at 10:40 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

got the fluff and most of teh crunch up
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Myrmidon is done and up for review

DARKWALKER

"You do not belong here..."

Trained as tunnel fighters, the Darkwalkers are better equipped to cast or fight in darkness than above ground. They make excellent fighting units for the Underdark, where they are commanded to exterminate the other races daring to dwell in their Lord's domain.

BECOMING A DARKWALKER
    Cleric of Shargaas who is willing to undergo specialized training.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Humanoid with the Orc Subtype.
    Patron: Shargaas
    Divine Spellcasting: Must be able to cast Divine spells of at least 3rd Level
    Domains: Darkness, Trickery
    Skills: Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks

Class Skills
    The Darkwalker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, Nature, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Tunnel Fighting, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class 
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Quiet Armor, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    3. +2    +1     +3     +3    The Power of Darkness, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Tunnel Fighting, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class 
    5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Quiet Armor, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    6. +4    +2     +5     +5    The Power of Darkness, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Tunnel Fighting, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class 
    8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Quiet Armor, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    9. +6    +3     +6     +6    The Power of Darkness, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Lord of Darkness, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Darkwalker gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Tunnel Fighting (Ex): At 1st Level you gain the Tunnel Fighting Feat as a Bonus Feat (see Races of Stone or Dungeonscape).

At 4th Level you gain the Tunnel Runner Feat as a Bonus Feat despite not being the appropriate race (see Underdark).

At 7th Level you take no penalty to Attack rolls in spaces that are both narrow and low.

Quiet Armor (Ex): At 2nd Level the weight of your Light Armor doesn't count towards your Encumbrance.

At 5th Level you have no Armor Check Penalty as long as you're wearing Light Armor.

At 8th Level if you are wearing Light Armor it's maximum Dex Bonus is improved by 2.

The Power of Darkness (Su): At 3rd Level all spells you cast in darkness or shadowy illumination that have the Evil descriptor are cast at +1 Cast Level (this stacks with other effects that increase Caster Level).

At 6th Level all spells you cast in darkness or shadowy illumination that have the Evil descriptor have their Save DC increased by +1 (this stacks with other effects that increase Save DC's).

At 9th Level all when you Rebuke/Command Undead in darkness or shadowy illumination you get a +2 on the Check (this stacks with other effects that increase Turning Checks).

Lord of Darkness (Su): You are considered to be 4 levels higher for purposes of Rebuking/Commanding Undead while in darkness or shadowy illumination.

PLAYING A DARKWALKER
    Shargaas has commanded you empty the underworld of all living things and you do your best to obey. Normally it might occur to you you're being used as a pawn in his lone war against life itself, but there's a lot of living things in the underground and they just keep shooting out babies. You're pretty much guaranteed a lifelong position as long as you don't screw up.
    Combat: You prefer the 'sneak up behind them and put a sharp thing in their back' method of fighting. Odd considering you're a caster, but you have some interesting personal issues. After all you worship a guy who hates you because you were born.
    Advancement: You advance in whatever manner your God demands. Because otherwise you get the big sleep.
    Resources: Your pretty much have the Church to draw on. Your sects habit of assassinating leaders they consider weak makes said leaders slightly unwilling to fork over their cash. Occasionally you can scare them into helping but you'd better watch your back.

DARKWALKERS IN THE WORLD
    "..urk!..."
    People tend to avoid you for some reason. Probably the permanent blood stains in your clothing. Or the cloud of flies that follows you. Or maybe the fact that all of your victims have relatives who want to show you your own spine.
    Daily Life: Most of your time is spent in religious duties, i.e. zealously murdering every living thing you can as a sacrifice to Shargaas.
    Notables:
    Organizations: You belong to the Church and the Church only, though you do lead some military expeditions on occasion if they're underground.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's hate you. Your dogma of life being immoral and unnecessary tends to create some tension.

DARKWALKERS IN THE GAME
    This class assumes you belong to a religion that hates life. Could be disruptive depending on the parties make-up.
    Adaptation: This one is intended for darker campaigns.
    Encounters: Darkwalkers are encountered in the Underdark almost exclusively.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: In an ironic twist of fate something has murdered enough Drow that they have fled the city, leaving the slaves they intended to sacrifice behind (i.e. you). Now you just have to figure out what killed them and how you can avoid it.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC DARKWALKER

Bonus Feats: The Epic Darkwalker gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-12-06 at 02:22 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

darkwalker is done and ready for review

EXECUTIONER

"You've deserved this for quite some time."

Executioners are priests of Shargaas whose duty is to keep the Church and the tribe strong by looking for and eliminating weakness within it's membership. They consider it their duty to assassinate incompetence, and have a variety of Undead allies to spy for them and help them with their schemes.

BECOMING AN EXECUTIONER
    An Orc worshiper of Shargaas and some extraordinary mercilessness are requirements.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Humanoid with the Orc Subtype
    Patron: Shargaas
    Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 3rd Level Divine Spells from the Cleric list
    Feats: Any 2 of the following: Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Empower Turning, Necromantic Might, Necromantic Presence, Quicken Turning, Profane Boost, Undead Leadership
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana, Religion) 6 ranks

Class Skills
    The Executioner's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, Local, Nature, Religion)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Executioner's Knife, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Leader of the Dead, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Executioner's Knife, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Leader of the Dead, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Executioner's Knife, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Leader of the Dead, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Master Executioner, +1 Level of existing Divine casting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: An Executioner gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Executioner's Knife (Su): Beginning at 1st level, you can use a standard action to cast certain spells you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If the melee attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved. At 1st Level you can channel Inflict Critical Wounds, Poison, Stop Heart

At 4th Level you can channel Bleed, Harm

At 7th Level you can channel Destruction, Greater Harm

Leader of the Dead (Su): At Levels 3, 6, and 9 you get a cumulative +1 Bonus to Rebuke Undead Checks, as well as a Bonus Feat from the following list: Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Deadly Chill, Destruction Retribution, Empower Turning, Fell Animate, Hardened Flesh, Heightened Turning, Lifesense, Necromantic Might, Necromantic Presence, Nimble Bones, Profane Vigor, Quicken Turning, Profane Boost, Tomb-Born Fortitude, Tomb-Born Resilience, Tomb-Born Vitality, Tomb-Tainted Soul, Undead Leadership

Master Executioner (Su): At 10th Level anyone you successfully kill using your Executioner's Knife Ability rises in 1d4 rounds as a Ghost under your control (Remember the maximum amount of Hit Dice if Undead you control. If this puts you past that the Ghost is uncontrolled but will not attack you.).

PLAYING AN EXECUTIONER
    You have no allies outside the Church, and the Dead. You can't afford to, as mercy is not an option in your profession. You are forever alone, a pawn of the dark God you worship.
    Combat: You research targets ahead of time to find out what will be necessary to do the job. You aren't some mindless savage to be expended in battle, nor are you a blunt instrument. You are a surgeon's knife cutting away diseased tissues.
    Advancement: You do whatever is necessary to advance your cause. Any act, no matter how debased is considerable if it strengthens your cause.
    Resources: You have the Church, plus what you can intimidate the tribe into giving you.

EXECUTIONERS IN THE WORLD
    "If he so much as blinks kill him."
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Your days are spent refining your powers, and researching your tribes leadership to weed out weakness among them. If your spying reveals any, plans are set into motion to fix it (you do not give warnings).
    Notables:
    Organizations: The Church of Shargaas pretty much is an organization unto itself.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

EXECUTIONERS IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC EXECUTIONER

Bonus Feats: The Epic Executioner gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-12-26 at 11:28 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

fluff is up, crunch will hopefully be nor far behind
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

for executioners knife would you guys prefer a magical sneak attack or assassinate type ability or bestowing weapon properties?
    Orcs and Goblins