New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

Initiate of Hruggek
    Prerequisites:Bugbear, Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, patron deity Hruggek
    Benefit: Once a day as a swift action, you may gain a +4 profane bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks for a number of minutes equal to his Charisma bonus(minimun 1)
    In addition, you may add the following spells to your spell list.
    1: Obscure Mist
    2: Wild Stealth
    3: Hairball
    4: Greater Invisibility
    5: Mighty Strength
    6: Shadow Walk
    7: Shadow Trap
    8: Mind Blank
    9: Shadowmaster

Wild Stealth
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 2
    Components: S
    Casting Time: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 10 minutes/level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    You gain +10 competence bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks when made out doors, or underground, in a non-urban environment.

Hair Ball
    Conjuration/Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 3
    Components: S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium
    Area: 20-ft.-radius spread
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes partial

A furball spell is an explosion of hair that detonates with a low pur and deals 1d4 points of inpact damage per caster level (maximum 10d4) to every creature within the area. Targets making a reflex say take no damage and making a spell resistance check only takes half damage . All targets in the area of effect are also nauseated for 1d4 rounds. There is no save for this effect, but thoes that make thier spell resistance are not nauseated.

You point your finger and determine the range (distance and height) at which the furball is to burst. A grey, cotton-ball-sized lump streaks from the pointing digit and, unless it impacts upon a material body or solid barrier prior to attaining the prescribed range, blossoms into the furball at that point. (An early impact results in an early detonation.) If you attempt to send the lump through a narrow passage, such as through an arrow slit, you must “hit” the opening with a ranged touch attack, or else the lump strikes the barrier and detonates prematurely.

The damp furball puts out all nonmagical fires and any objects in the area are covered with yechy fur. Handling such an object before taking a full round to clean it induces nausea for 1 round. If the damage caused to an interposing barrier shatters or breaks through it, the furball may continue beyond the barrier if the area permits; otherwise it stops at the barrier just as any other spell effect does.

Material Component: A bit of Fur

Mighty Strength
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 5
    Components: S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 full round
    Duration: 1 minute/level
    Spell Resistance: No

As bull’s strength, except as above and it grants a +10 enhancement bonus to Strength.

Shadowmaster
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 9
    Components: V, DF, M
    Duration: 1 round/level

You gain great powers of shadow, as long as you are within a shadowy area. While energized with the awesome power of this spell, you may choose a spell from the list below once per round and use it like a spell-like ability. Using such a spell in this way is a standard action.

The spells granted to the Shadowmaster are: Blacklight, Darkbolt, Net of Shadows, Dark way, Shadow mask, Wall of Gloom, Shadow Binding, Shadow Well, Shadow Hand, Shadowfade, Shadowy Grappler, and Utterdark.

Material Component:A black opal worth at least 1,000 gp
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-04-22 at 12:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I got everyone's stuff up on the front page list. As soon as I finish teh Hexer I'm gonna try for spells or feats or something.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    Hobgoblin wristbow:

One-handed Exotic weapon (Hobgoblin)
    Range: 30ft
    Damage: 1d4
    Type: Piercing
    Critical: x2
    Ammo: Small specialized arrows, may be replaced with large crossbow bolts in emergencies at a -2 to attack bonus.

The Hobgoblin Wristbow is eventually a tiny bow (usually no larger then the average hobgoblin head,) attached on its side to the users wrist via an attached cuff. Because the bow is firmly attached to the wrist, the user need only use one hand to fire it, leaving the hand the bow is attached to free to grasp other things such as a dagger, bag, or small sword.
    How does one actually fire it one-handed, when it is on one's wrist? For that matter, how does one keep the cord taut, if it is a bow attached to a bracer not a crossbow? Assuming that it is a wrist-mounted crossbow, that still leads to questioning how the trigger mechanism works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko
    The wristbow is commonly used as an emergency ranged weapon due to it's low range, poor damage, and ultimate clumsiness. Some however have mastered the ability of duel wielding the bow, holding a bow on each wrist and having a special X-shaped quiver strapped to their back for quick and easy ammo grabbing.
    Given how the bolts are no longer than a forearm, why X-shaped when two short quivers behind one's shoulders would be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko
    Rookie users of the wristbow commonly forget to dip their fist as low as possible, and often wind up scratching, or even outright piercing the back of their hand with their own arrows. Scars in this area are a common sight among wristbow users because of this.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Girl View Post
    Initiate of Hruggek

Mighty Strength
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 5
    Components: S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 full round

As bull’s strength, except as above and it grants a +8 enhancement bonus to Strength.

Shadowmaster
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Hruggek 9
    Components: V, DF, XP

You gain great powers of shadow, as long as you are within a shadowy area. While energized with the awesome power of this spell, you may choose a spell from the list below once per round and use it like a spell-like ability. Using such a spell in this way is a standard action.

The spells granted to the Shadowmaster are: Blacklight, Darkbolt, Net of Shadows, Dark way, Shadow mask, Wall of Gloom, Shadow Binding, Shadow Well, Shadow Hand, Shadowfade, Shadowy Grappler, and Utterdark.

XP Cost: 1,000XP
    Interesting. I do have some thoughts on the last 2 custom spells.

Mighty Strength feels a bit weak, as compared to Divine Power, which does it better at one level lower. Yeah, Mighty Strength gets you +2 more Strength but Divine Power gets you full BAB. It's also not on the same level as Owl's Wisdom or Divine Agility, so I think it needs to be pumped up to +10 to be a useful alternative to, say, Righteous Might, which is also 5th level.

Shadowmaster having an XP cost rubs me the wrong way in comparison to Undermaster, which seems to be the inspiration for it. It lasts longer than Undermaster will, certainly, but I don't think it deserves an XP cost just for that. Changing it to a flavorful costly material component (500 gp onyx?) would make it more accessible without overly curbing back your ability to progress.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2011-04-22 at 10:03 AM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Unosarta made Pantheon Domains a while back, and included the Goblin, Bugbear, and Orc pantheons.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icedaemon View Post
    How does one actually fire it one-handed, when it is on one's wrist? For that matter, how does one keep the cord taut, if it is a bow attached to a bracer not a crossbow? Assuming that it is a wrist-mounted crossbow, that still leads to questioning how the trigger mechanism works.
    The bow is mounted on the wrist for stability, so say it is on your right wrist, you can hold a dagger in your right hand, and still be able to fire the bow. To fire the bow you just grab an arrow from your quiver, and fire it like you would any normal bow. You simply don't need to be holding onto the bow with your right hand since it is already securely fashioned to your wrist.

Given how the bolts are no longer than a forearm, why X-shaped when two short quivers behind one's shoulders would be sufficient?
    A quiver overtop of another quiver would be awkward I think. I made the X-shaped quiver just so they are both flat against the users back, rather then one being worn like a regular quiver, and the other being worn behind that, flopping around like a see-saw because it's being pressed against the first one.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Unosarta made Pantheon Domains a while back, and included the Goblin, Bugbear, and Orc pantheons.
    Oh...they are a bit generic though. I like flavor. I just don't like domains or such that give you the same old spells. I like flavor spells tailored to each deity.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Minor update to Hexer. Does anyone want curse variants not available to the original PrC?
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #39

WolfInSheepsClothing

The bow is mounted on the wrist for stability, so say it is on your right wrist, you can hold a dagger in your right hand, and still be able to fire the bow. To fire the bow you just grab an arrow from your quiver, and fire it like you would any normal bow. You simply don't need to be holding onto the bow with your right hand since it is already securely fashioned to your wrist.
    So, a wristbow requires the other hand to be free? Now I understand. I still question how comfortable firing it would be in the best case scenario, but eh.

A quiver overtop of another quiver would be awkward I think. I made the X-shaped quiver just so they are both flat against the users back, rather then one being worn like a regular quiver, and the other being worn behind that, flopping around like a see-saw because it's being pressed against the first one.
    That's the opposite of what I said. If the quiver were X-shaped and contain bolts long enough that they cross one another, then this quiver would have to be one-on-top of the other, probably in an awkward position. Otherwise, arrows will get snagged on one another.

What I stated was that since this wristbow would likely not have long arrows, why not have someone who dual wields one have two quivers side-by-side behind opposite shoulders? Presumably, the arrows would be short enough.

Given how wielding a weapon in the same hand as a buckler provides a penalty to hit, so should the wristbow.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2011-04-23 at 06:40 AM.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

So, a wristbow requires the other hand to be free? Now I understand. I still question how comfortable firing it would be in the best case scenario, but eh.
    Probably not very comfortable no. but neither are some other weapons in the D&D universe. spiked chain for example.

That's the opposite of what I said. If the quiver were X-shaped and contain bolts long enough that they cross one another, then this quiver would have to be one-on-top of the other, probably in an awkward position. Otherwise, arrows will get snagged on one another.

What I stated was that since this wristbow would likely not have long arrows, why not have someone who dual wields one have two quivers side-by-side behind opposite shoulders? Presumably, the arrows would be short enough.

Given how wielding a weapon in the same hand as a buckler provides a penalty to hit, so should the wristbow.
    ohh ok i'm sorry, i must have misread. Personally i imagine that having a quiver on a diagonal slope would be easier to draw from. And the way i pictured it at least, the arrows from the right shoulder do not actually meet the arrows from the left shoulder, but are separated by a thin layer of fabric. i guess i should have written that down somewhere.

The penalty makes since, I’ll look it up and add it in.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmm... Does anyone know where I can find stats for the Kusarigama and meteor hammer? Those weapons would fit the Walufarian hobgoblins well, methinks. There are some on the D&D wiki, but those seem a bit wonky.

Probably not very comfortable no. but neither are some other weapons in the D&D universe. spiked chain for example.
    The spiked chain is a pretty stupid weapon anyway, more based on cartoons than real weaponry (my theory being that it was some deeply misunderstood version of the meteor hammer). Thus, for example the walufarian hobgoblins I had posted could be proficient with nearly any other type of flailing weapon due to slight instinctive understanding and cultural focus, but not the spiked chain.

The way i pictured it at least, the arrows from the right shoulder do not actually meet the arrows from the left shoulder, but are separated by a thin layer of fabric. i guess i should have written that down somewhere.
    In that case, would it not be a V-shaped quiver?
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2011-04-24 at 07:40 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm... Does anyone know where I can find stats for the Kusarigama and meteor hammer? Those weapons would fit the Walufarian hobgoblins well, methinks. There are some on the D&D wiki, but those seem a bit wonky.
    Page 145 in the Dungeon masters guide. Medium kusari-gama does 1d6 damage, is lighter & cheaper by 2/3rds, but otherwise the same as a spiked chain.
    Is the meteor hammer a ball on a chain? If so, I'd just add the spiked chain reach thing and price to the warhammer stats.

13. - Top - End - #43

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanks.

Hmm... The stats in the DMG do not actually reflect the fact that the kama-part is always held in hand for the close combat and the ball-on-chain is the reach-portion.
    How about these:

I buffed the weapons very slightly, to balance the 'damage self' portion.

{table=head]Kusari-gama|small|medium|critical|damage type|special
    Blade|
    1d4
    |
    1d6
    |×2|slashing| Light weapon
    Ball|
    1d4
    |
    1d8
    |×2|bludgeoning| reach, trip[/table]
    15 gp

When using a Kusari-gama, one gets a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails).

A proficient user can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply one's Dexterity modifier instead of one's Strength modifier to attack rolls with a the ball-and-chain portion, even though it isn’t a light weapon.

Rolling a natural 1 when attacking with the ball-and-chain portion leads to the user damaging oneself.

Goblinoids treat a kusari-gama as a monk weapon. Hobgoblin monks are proficient with it.

-----

{table=head]Meteor hammer|small|medium|critical|damage type|special
    Ball|
    1d8
    |
    1d10
    |×2|bludgeoning| reach, see text[/table]
    25 gp

A Meteor hammer has reach, so one can strike opponents 10 feet away with it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe.

One can make trip attacks with the chain. If One is tripped during one's own trip attempt, one can drop the meteor hammer to avoid being tripped.

When using a meteor hammer, one gets a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails).

A proficient user can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply one's Dexterity modifier instead of one's Strength modifier to attack rolls with a meteor hammer sized for one, even though it isn’t a light weapon.

Goblinoids treat meteor hammers as monk weapons. Goblinoid monks are proficient with them.

A natural 1 on the attack roll leads to the user damaging oneself.

Note: Maybe I should lower the damage when used in close range, and make it act as essentially a dire flail?

-----

Snagger's meteor hammer (Interested in seeing a better name)

{table=head]Meteor hammer|small|medium|critical|damage type|special
    Hard Ball|
    1d8
    |
    1d10
    |×2|bludgeoning| reach, see text
    Soft Ball|
    1d8
    |
    1d10
    |×2|Subdual| reach, see text[/table]
    A special version of the meteor hammer, the snagger's hammer has both a hardened head similar to those of normal meteor hammers and a padded head. While equal in weight, the padded head is special in that it deals nonlethal damage, allowing the wielder to choose if the target is to be subdued or slain. It is otherwise identical to the meteor hammer described above. The snagger's meteor hammer shares proficiency with the standard meteor hammer - knowing how to use the latter is enough to be proficient with the former.

-----

Rope dart:
    Slashing or piercing weapon with low damage but reach 15, otherwise similar to the spiked chain, perhaps?

I will probably remove shuriken, siangham crossbow and maybe the javelin from the monk weapons' list for goblinoid-designed martial arts to keep things more even though.

Alternatively: Goblinoid monks who learn a variant fighting style tend to choose Cobra Strike or Sleeping Tiger combat styles. However, only Bhukas have ever learned Passive Way or Hand and Foot - no goblin or hobgoblin has ever mastered either to a sufficient level to teach others and thus, non-bhuka goblinoids cannot learn either unless presented with extraordinary circumstances.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2011-04-24 at 09:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

In that case, would it not be a V-shaped quiver?
    Very good point. i will make that edit now.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

One last shot at asking if there are any curse variants you'd like to see hte new Hexer have before I finish it.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Oh...they are a bit generic though. I like flavor. I just don't like domains or such that give you the same old spells. I like flavor spells tailored to each deity.
    Cool

Maybe you could try making Initiate feats for the rest of the goblin pantheon - Maglubiyet, Bargrivyek, Nomog-Geaya, Khurgorbaeyag, and specific bugbear deities as well - Grankhul and Skiggaret ??

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Initiate of Bargrivyek
    Prerequisites:Goblin, Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, patron deity Bargrivyek
    Benefit: Once a day as a swift action, pacify hostile or angry creatures by touch with an effect similar to a calm emotions spell. There is no save vs this effect and spell resistance does not apply. Against a magical effect this is treated as a special dispel magic effect.This ability can be used a number of times a day equal to his Charisma bonus(minimum 1 )
    1: Territory Runes
    2: Status
    3: Create Lesser Territory
    4: Territory Marker
    5: Guardian Status
    6: Create Greater Territory
    7: Control Weather
    8: Sympathy
    9: End of Hostility

Territory Runes
    Illusion(Figment)
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 1
    Components: V, S, DF, M
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Range: Touch
    Effect: Invisible rune, up to 10 sq. foot
    Duration: Permanent (D)
    Saving Throw: Will disbelief (harmless)

This spell enables the caster to form up to seven invisible marks, runes or characters on any object, to mark a territory . The mark(s) remain invisible until conditions you specify at the time of casting are met, it that time they can be seen as faint, blue-white radiance. For example you could specify that the runes are solely visible under the light of a moon, when viewed by an elf, at sunrise, when you are present, and so on, using visual cues. In addition, a detect magic, see invisibility, illuminate, true sight or similar magic will reveal a territory runes, and they are subject to an erase spell.

Territory runes cannot transcribe magical runes and is completely suppressed by any type of magical darkness. It is not bright enough to read spells or normal writing, but large inscriptions and clear, simple, or familiar markings can be discerned.

Material components: a special mixture of pigments including mithril filings or powder worth 100 gp.

Create Lesser Territory
    Conjuration(Creation)
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 3
    Components: V, S, DF
    Effect:150 ft radius
    Duration: Permanent

With this spell, the caster generates a squadron of tiny invisible servants who create a territory for the caster. The caster indicates the desired area for the campsite of up to 150ft radius and the number of persons the territory is to accommodate up to three persons per level of the caster.

The servants clear the area of debris, set up tents and bedrolls, start a campfire, fetch water, and prepare a bland meal, all as directed by the caster.. The territory is so skillfully prepared that it blends with the surrounding terrain, reducing the chance that the camp would be noticed by +10 to Hide checks. The servants make camp with the gear and equipment provided for them; otherwise, the servants will improvise with materials available in the immediate area within 150ft of the designated campsite. The servants will construct crude but comfortable beds of weeds and grass and temporary shelters of leaves and branches.

In addition the whole area of the Lesser Territory is under the effects of a calm emotion spell

Territory Marker
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 4
    Range: Close
    Effect: one territory marker
    Duration:
    This spell allows the caster to telekiniticly grab unattended objects of medium size or smaller and move them into pile to form a territory marker. The caster can change the shapes of the objects to a limited effect and can fuse the objects together, with effects similar to the spells wood shape and mending. When created, the marker can also have a message of up to 25 words inscribed onto it.
    The territory Marker also bears a glyph of warding(blast glyph only). This glyph has a special additional trigger that goes off if the marker takes magical damage. When the glyph is activated the territory marker is completely destroyed.

Guardian Status
    Divination
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 5
    Components: V, S
    Target: One willing creature
    Duration: 1 day/level
    Spell Resistance: Yes(harmless)
    This spell monitors the location and condition of a creature the caster wishes to guard. The caster is aware of the creatures precise location and status:unharmed, wounded, disabled, staggered, unconscious, dying, dead and so on. This spell effect works at any distance, even across planes. The creatures location is always ''well known'' to the caster for such things a teleport spells, and scrying by the caster automatically succeeds, unless other magic blocks the scrying.

Create Greater Territory
    Conjuration(Creation)/Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 6
    Effect:300 ft radius
    Duration: Permanent

With this spell, the caster generates a squadron of tiny invisible servants who create a territory for the caster, as per the spell Create Lesser Territory.

In addition, the caster can polymorph(as per polymorph any object) up to one medium sized object per caster level, but only to create and chance the form of an object. For example a caster can shape a boulder into a column, but you could not turn a boulder into a bull.

The Greater Territory protects the area of effect and all creatures and objects within it from the following natural disasters:

*Earthquakes: vibrations do not affect the warded area and fissures will not open beneath the warded area.

*Floods: the warded area remains dry, even if submerged.

*Windstorms: the warded area suffers no damage from strong winds and objects cannot be blow into the warded area.

*Lava and ash eruptions: lava and ash flow around the warded area.

*Avalanches: stones and snow will not fall on the warded area.

Greater Territory cannot be used to protect an area for natural disasters already in progress, nor does it have any effect on magical effects.

End of Hostility
    Conjuration/Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Bargrivyek 9
    Range: 100 feet
    Area: 100 ft radius emanation, centered on you
    This spell creates an area of divine power within an area around the caster. All intelligent creatures in the area are made aware that any hostile action will have dire consequences. All weapons in the area of effect are charged with energy and animated. Attended weapons will stay where they are, but unattended ones will randomly move about the area. Any creature that makes an attack in the area is targeted by at least one weapon that will unerringly move towards the creature and touch it. The weapon does not do it's normal damage, nor any of it's special attacks, but the touched creature does take 20d6 damage. The caster can set this to be lethal or non-lethal damage during the spellcasting.
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-04-26 at 12:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone elses thoughts on caster levels for the Hexer?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Initiate of Grankhul
    Prerequisites:Bugbear, Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, patron deity Grankhul
    Benefit:As a immediate action, after you are missed by a melee attack, you can teleport up to 20 feet to a space that is within some sort of shadow that you can see. This ability can be used a number of times a day equal to his Charisma bonus(minimum 1 )
    1: Embrace the Wild
    2: Wild Rage
    3: Aspect of the Bear
    4: Dark Hunter
    5: Dark Blessing of Grankhul
    6: Insight of Grankhul
    7: Shadow Eruption
    8: Shadow Form
    9: Shadowy Ancestors

Wild Rage
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 2
    Components: S
    You gain +10 competence bonus to Bluff and Intimidate checks when made out doors, or underground, in a non-urban environment.

Aspect of the Bear
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 3
    Duration: 10 minutes/level(D)

When you cast this spell, you take on an aspect of a bear, including some of its physical characteristics. You become more rugged, your ears become elongated, and you sprout sharp fangs and fur.

You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, the scent ability, a +4 enhancement bonus on Swim checks, a +2 enhancement bonus on grapple attacks, and gains the Improved Grapple extraordinary ability.

Dark Hunter
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 4
    Target: One creature
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)

This spell creates a mark of two dark eyes mark on the target subject’s forehead, granting the ability to track a specific creature with the keen senses of a bear. You select the creature the subject is hunting at the time the spell is cast and you must have an object bearing the scent of the creature you wish to track.

The subject can track and detect the presence of the chosen creature as though they possessed the scent ability, and gains a +10 feet enhancement bonus to their base land speed while following the scent trail. Further, they gain a +2 enhancement bonus to their Wisdom and a +4 competence bonus to their Listen, Spot, Swim and Survival checks for the duration of the spell.

The subject can only detect the scent of the creature chosen by the spell, they do not gain the ability to track or detect other creatures by smell. If the subject finds and defeats the creature they are hunting, whether that defeat is the result of slaying the creature or rendering it harmless, the spell ends immediately. The subject cannot knowingly take any action other than pursuing their prey without breaking the spell, but may otherwise act as they please.

Dark Blessing of Grankhul
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 5
    Target: One humanoid creature
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

You invoke the divine power of Grankhul to drive the target into a mad, bestial frenzy. If the target fails its save, it is dazed for 1 round, dropping held items as its nails and teeth elongate and sharpen. The target polymophs into a beastal bugbear-like form(with two black eyes burned in to the chest fur) and gains a bite attack and two claw attacks that deal damage appropriate for the creature's size, and for the remainder of the spell's duration the target behaves as if under simultaneous rage and confusion spells, attacking with its natural weapons in preference to other actions. During the final round of the spell's duration, the target is again dazed as it returns to its normal state.

Insight of Grankhul
    Enchantment/charm[Mind-effecting]
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 6

You grant yourself a glimpse of the divine insight of Grankhul himself and begin making unexpected revelations and connections when contemplating a problem. You gain a +8 inherent bonus to Intelligence, but suffer a –4 penalty to Wisdom and Charisma due to your tendency towards distraction and introspection.

You are easily confused and prone to irrational behavior as long as the divine insight is upon you. The initial burst of insight that occurs when this spell is cast is overwhelming, leaving you stunned for 1d8 rounds and unable to do anything beyond contemplating the sudden sublimity of your understanding.

You remain easily distracted even after you have recovered from the initial burst of understanding, and if you are forced into a stressful situation (such as combat) you are treated as if under the effects of a confusion spell.

Shadow Eruption
    Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 7
    Range: Long
    Area: 30-ft. emanation
    Duration:Instantanious
    Saving Throw: Fortitude half/Fortitude partial(object)

This spell opens a small gate to the Abyss, expelling pure disruptive shadowy divine energy from the realm of Palpitatia in a fountain of dark light, damaging anyone in its area of effect. The eruption’s energy deals 2d6 points of energy damage per caster level (maximum 40d6) to everything a 30-foot radius, after which it collapses and the gate vanishes. This spell also effects unattended objects.

All who worship Grankhul are unaffected by this spell.

Shadow Form
    Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 8
    Duration:1 round/level

You fuse your body and soul with shadow energy, transforming yourself into a creature of dark energy. Your physical form becomes pale and shadowy, as though you were composed of slowly shifting shadows. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity and the ability to fly with a base speed of 100 feet and perfect maneuverability. You gain 60 ft. darkvision, immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis and stunning attacks, as well as immunity to critical hits and flanking. Your shadow form is resistant to damage from normal weapons, giving you a damage reduction of 5/- and a +4 natural armor bonus to armor class. As long as you are fused with shadow energy you no longer need to eat, sleep or breathe and you are treated as an outsider for the purposes of spell effects and supernatural abilities.

You gain additional abilities based upon the type of element you fuse with.

Shadowy Ancestors
    Necromancy/Conjuration(Calling)
    Level: Initiate of Grankhul 9

This spell summons several of your honored ancestors from Grankhuls realm to aid you.
    This spell functions much like mirror image in effect, as it makes several forms around the caster. However, unlike the lesser spell, the forms are the ancestors of the casting cleric. Any ancestor of the caster may come, though worshipers of Grankhul are the most likely to show up.

Upon completion of the spell, the caster calls 1d4+1/5 levels of the caster ancestors images of their ancestors. These images look much like tha caster and each image, plus the caster, randomly shifts in appearance from the appearance of the caster to the appearance of another image several times a round at random. Otherwise the images duplicate the casters every move.

Each image has half the HP of the caster and the same BAB and saving throws, but otherwise has the statistics of an Abyssal Ravager(MMII 57). Each ancestor has duplicates of all the casters equipment, including any magic items up to 20,000 gold pieces of value. The ancestors can't cast spells themselves, but may be used to project spell effects. The ancestor has all the knowledge it possessed in life and can speak any language it knew in life.
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-04-28 at 12:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

OK I filled out the rest of the Hexers abilities. If no one has thoughts on the caster levels or variant hexes, I'll just finish up and move on.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I'm going with 6 caster levels. Any objections?
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

well neither forum seems much interested in the Hexer so lets try some items.

Juggernaut Plate Pieces and Abilities

Code:
    Piece             Body Slot Price 
    Juggernaut Helm   Head
    Juggernaut Mask   Face
    Juggernaut Armor  Body
    Juggernaut Fists  Hands
    Juggernaut Boots  Feet

Juggernaut Plate Collection Benefits

Code:
    Pieces Worn             Collection Benefits 
    2 pieces worn   You may ignore Armor Check Penalties from wearing Heavy Armor.
    5 pieces worn   Cast Stoneskin 2/day
    Juggernaut Helm
    Price (Item Level): 26,000 GP
    Body Slot: Head
    Caster Level: 7th
    Aura: Moderate; (DC: 19) Abjuration
    Activation: -
    Weight: 1/2 lb.

The Juggernaut helm is a steel helm lined in spikes. The wearer gets a +2 Resistance Bonus on Willpower Saves unless he is an Orog, in which case he gets a +6 Bonus.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Greater Resistance (see Spell Compendium)
    Cost to Create: 13,000 GP GP, 13 days, 1040 XP

Juggernaut Mask
    Price (Item Level): 26,000 GP
    Body Slot: Face
    Caster Level: 7th
    Aura: Moderate; (DC: 19) Necromacy
    Activation: Swift (Mental)
    Weight: 1/2 lb.

The Juggernaut Mask is a steel mask that locks onto the Juggernaut Helm. It is carved in a distorted representation of an Orog's face. Three times per day the wearer can activate it as a Free Action when making a Charge Attack to cast a Fear Spell. If the wearer also has Light Sensitivity or Light Blindness they can act normally in daylight (including the Daylight spell).

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Wondrous Item, Fear
    Cost to Create: 13,000 GP GP, 13 days, 1040 XP

Juggernaut Armor
    Price (Item Level): 20,000 GP
    Body Slot: Body
    Caster Level: 3rd
    Aura: Faint; (DC: 17) Abjuration
    Weight: 50 lbs.

Juggernaut Armor is +2 Full Plate Armor, complete with +2 Armor Spikes. In addition to granting proficiency with the spikes, 3 times per day as a Swift Action the user can activate the armor to cast Protection from Arrows on himself.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor,
    Cost to Create: 10,000 GP, 10 days, 800 XP

Juggernaut Fists
    Price (Item Level): 9,500
    Body Slot: Hands
    Caster Level: 3rd
    Aura: Faint; (DC: 17) Evocation
    Weight: 2 lbs.

Juggernaut Fists are large +2 spiked steel gauntlets. 3 times per day you may activate them as a Swift Action when making a Sunder Attack you may ignore Hardness and take no penalty for using a Light Weapon.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Shatter
    Cost to Create: 4750 GP, 10 days, 380 XP

Juggernaut Boots
    Price (Item Level): 10,000 GP
    Body Slot: Feat
    Caster Level: 1st
    Aura: Faint; (DC: 16) Transmutation
    Activation: -
    Weight: 2 lbs.

Juggernaut Boots are Leather boots reinforced with spiked steel plates. When worn the wearer gets a +4 Bonus against Trip Checks, and a +4 Bonus to make Bull Rush or Overrun Checks. If the wearer is an Orog his movement does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Wondrous Item, Lightfoot, Rhino's Rush (See Spell Compendium)
    Cost to Create: 5,000 GP, 5 days, 400 XP

Lore
    Characters who have Knowledge (History) or the Bardic Knowledge ability can research Juggernaut Plate. When a character succeeds on a CHeck the following Lore is revealed, including that from lower DC's:

DC 15 King Hrothgar (affectionately known to the other Orogs as 'Old Man Buttkicker') commissioned the first suit of Juggernaut Plate by telling his favorite mystic blacksmith "Give me something I can beat people with. And rip up their skin. And run them over with." Something like that anyway, as Hrothgar was drunk off his butt at the time. The result was this suit of Plate Mail.
    DC 20 Hrothgar used the armor to great effect in battle and led his people to many wars. He found that the longer he wore it, the easier it got to move around in, and soon he didn't notice he was wearing it at all.
    DC 25 Hrothgar's armor was in fact so well made, that at the height of his empire he asked for it to be reproduced as rewards for his most loyal and successful followers many of whom claimed it made them temporarily invulnerable.
    DC 30 A check of 30 or higher reveals the location of another piece of the set.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-07-10 at 04:05 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    well neither forum seems much interested in the Hexer so lets try some items.

Juggernaut Plate Pieces and Abilities
    Ooo, Magic item set! I like the concept of them and would love to see more of 'em about.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Ooo, Magic item set! I like the concept of them and would love to see more of 'em about.
    I wnated to do at least one set for each race/subrace. This ones for the Orogs
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I edited in ideas for the basic abilities. If you guys like I'll get the crunch up.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I edited in ideas for the basic abilities. If you guys like I'll get the crunch up.
    Seems like an alright mix of abilities to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Added the collection benefit powers
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Gaaaahhhh.....item sets.....aaaahhhhhh !!

[Divides his lobes, so that he can focus both on reading Bhu's works and playing Titan Quest]

Gamer Girl - a big hug from me for those wonderful feats, they'll definitely see use very soon in my Underdark campaign (players just got their 10-11th levels, and are brimming with fresh energy !!)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

With the collection bonus, I'd make the Juggernaut Armor Adamantine Heavy Plate (RoS), to truly make it 'juggernaut'-esque.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Initiate of Maglubiyet
    Prerequisites:Goblin or Hobgoblin, Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, patron deity Maglubiyet
    Benefit:As a swift action, you can issue a divine command to your tribe. The divine command affects any number of subjects, all within 40 feet of you. Affected subjects gain a +2 profane bonus on attack rolls, AC, and skill checks for 3 rounds. This is a language-dependent mind-affecting effect. This ability can be used a number of times a day equal to his Charisma bonus(minimum 1 )
    1: Mark of the Outcast
    2: Battle Insight of Maglubiyet
    3: Blood Axe of Maglubiyet
    4: Speak with Ancestors
    5: Battlefield Miasma of Maglubiyet
    6: War Rally of Maglubiyet
    7: Wall of Weapons
    8: Sympathy
    9: War Axe of Maglubiyet

Mark of the Outcast(SC)
    Sympathy(PH)

Battle Insight of Maglubiyet
    Enchantment/Charm
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 2
    Components: V,S, DF
    Target: Creature touched
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance:Yes (harmless)

This spell grants a single goblin or hobgoblin insight into an advanced combat technique. You grant your target a single feat included on the fighter class’s list of bonus feats. The target must meet all prerequisites for this feat, including minimum ability scores, base attack bonus or other feats. The caster of this spell chooses the feat he wishes to grant when he casts this spell. If the recipient selects a feat for which he does not meet the necessary requirements, he does not gain a feat and the spell is lost.

Blood Axe of Maglubiyet
    Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 3
    Effect: Magic axe of blood

This spell forms a axe of blood full of unholy evil power. The Blood Axe of Maglubiyet is a +3 returning throwing axe that can only be wielded by the casting cleric. Damage from the unholy axe bypasses the damage reduction of all good-aligned outsiders. For all others the axe is considered magic and evil. A successful hit from the axe deals 3d6 points of physical damage and 1d8 points of unholy damage and 1d8 points of acid damage. While wielding the axe you gain resistance to fire and acid 15 and are surrounded with a magic circle against good.

Speak with Ancestors
    Necromancy (Language-Dependent)
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 4
    Range: Special
    Target: Special
    Saving Throw: Will negates(see text)

Speak with Ancestors is a variation of speak with dead and operates under the same restrictions as that spell, with the following exceptions.

First, tales of lost sailors does not require that the caster possess the corpse of the person to whom he directs his questions. All that is necessary is that the caster be located within 15 miles of the death site and that he know the name of an goblin or hobgoblin that has died. The exact details of the death do not matter, so long as the corpse was lost somewhere within the area.

Second,Speak with Ancestors always provides complete answers rather than partial ones, despite the current condition of the corpse with whom the caster is communicating. In fact, the spell functions even if the target’s corpse has long since disintegrated or been otherwise destroyed by the effects of water.

Battlefield Miasma of Maglubiyet
    Enchantment/Charm((Fear, Mind-Affecting)
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 5
    Range: 60ft
    Area: Cone
    Saving Throw: Will negates

This spell creates a cone of terror causes living creatures to become panicked and actually reduces their battle prowess. They suffer a –2 morale penalty on saving throws and a –4 penalty to attack and damage rolls, and they flee from the caster. A panicked creature has a 50% chance to drop what it is holding, chooses its path randomly (as long as it is getting away from immediate danger) and flees any other dangers that confront it. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers.

War Rally of Maglubiyet
    Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 6
    Range: 60ft
    Target: Caster and all allies within a 60 ft. radius burst centred on him
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: Will negates(harmless)

You and all goblin or hobgoblin allies within 60 feet are affected by the following spells, as if cast by you: bless, cure moderate wounds, divine favor, remove fear, remove blindness/deafness, and remove paralysis. The bless and divine favor last for one minute, the other spells are instantaneous.

Wall of Weapons
    Transmutation
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 7
    Effect: Vertical wall of blades 20 ft. long/level, or a ringed wall of blades with a radius of up to 5 ft./2 levels; this form 20 ft. high
    Duration: 1 minute/level(D)

This spell animates a large group of weapons in to a flying wall. This spell must be cast on at least 25 weapons and will always animate axes first, then other edged weapons, first. Magic items can be effected though this spell effect suppresses any magic on that weapon for the duration of this spell. The animated weapons which have a reach of 15 feet attack any creatures except the caster, creatures you touch or clerics of Maglubiyet. Each five-foot section of the wall attacks independently, so that a vertical wall 300 feet long attacks as 60 separate sections. The wall has an attack bonus equal to your caster level plus your Wisdom bonus, a Strength score of 27 (+8 bonus on attack and damage rolls), and a size modifier of –2 (Huge). If you evoke the wall so that it appears with creatures in range, each wall section makes one attack at a creature it can reach.

A hit from the wall deals 1d10+8 points of damage. When the wall is in place, each section attacks the closest creature, striking once per round during your turn. If two or more creatures are equally close, randomly determine which the wall attacks. The wall of weapons does not make attacks of opportunity, but a wall section gets additional attacks on anyone trying to push through it. Pushing through the wall requires a successful bull rush, and though the wall cannot be pushed back, an attacker who wins the opposed Strength check can move five feet through the wall (assuming he has that much movement remaining in his turn).

Each five-foot section of the wall is AC 20 (–2 size, +12 natural) and has hit points equal to 60 + your Wisdom score. It takes damage as a normal creature, but most magical effects that do not cause damage do not affect it. Destroying a section of the wall produces a gap, but does not affect adjacent sections (which may become able to attack creatures passing through the gap if those creatures are within reach).

It is possible to make attacks through a wall of swords without attacking the wall itself, but the wall provides cover (+4 bonus to AC, +2 bonus on Reflex saves) against such attacks. A wall of weapons does not block line of effect for spells.

War Axe of Maglubiyet
    Evocation
    Level: Initiate of Maglubiyet 9
    Effect: Magic axe of blood

This spell forms a magic out of blood. The War Axe of Maglubiyet is considered to be a magic greataxe of a +5 enchantment and is totally weightless. The axe deals 2d12 points of damage on a successful strike against an opponent plus two points of damage per level of the caster (maximum +40). If the opponent is an undead or an outsider, all of the damage is tripled.

The War Axe of Maglubiyet cannot be given to another creature, and fades from existence if the wielder is ever disarmed or knocked unconscious.
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-05-10 at 12:25 AM.