New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Rules for cybernetics in starwars saga edition.

I saw the note in general grievous' stats. But where do I find it to make a character with?
    Last edited by druid91; 2011-04-13 at 08:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Rules for cybernetics in starwars sag edition.

You don't: the cybernetic modifications for a Grievous-like being would be a massive drain on credits and is basically top secret technology, possibly on the order of key starship components.

Rules-wise, it would be a droid with an organic core rather than a heuristic processor (and thus while the body can be modified as per the normal rules for gadgets and droids, the droid can't be reprogrammed or qualify for anything that requires a heuristic processor). However, due to the massive amount of cybernetic replacements interfering with the user's connection to the Force, the character would take at least a -5 to Use the Force checks. However, a Grievous-grade battle "droid" (actually a cyborg in this case) would be beyond the ability for a low-level player character: you'd basically have a B1 or 3PO unit as the droid shell at first, then add in aftermarket modifications as you get the cash.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rules for cybernetics in starwars saga edition.

Actually after posting this I did a few more searches and discovered it in Galaxy at war.

It's a resurrection system. and basically functions and costs as having six cybernetic implants.
    Last edited by druid91; 2011-04-13 at 08:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.