A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Traveller: Pointers for Running a Naval game (T5)

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I'm thinking of setting a naval game in the spinward marches for an in person group. I was going to give the players a cruiser intended for independent action and set them loose with orders to patrol X and Y systems in the Spinward Marches and keep the peace.

I was thinking of starting them off with police actions against some inordinately well equipped pirates (I've written them up as bankrolled by the the Zhodani as part of a false flag operation to soften the border in preparation for war), run some humanitarian aid and maybe a couple of interventions at the behest of planetary governors, and then maybe have them fighting in the fifth frontier war. The thing is... I want to have a lot of ship to ship combat, but I want it more detailed and personal then the rules from high guard seem intended to run.

Anyone have any advice for that? Any really interesting adventure starters I may be overlooking?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Traveller: Pointers for Running a Naval game (T5)

I'm a huge fan of Traveller and I just discovered this thread. Might I ask how your game is going?
    Now I lay me down to bed. Darkness won't engulf my head, I can see by infrared. How I hate the night.