A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Custom - 3.5 / D20 Modern] Deflecting Bullets?

So, I'm making a character for a D&D game in a modern setting, and I'm making a very monk-like character. (You know, lived in a temple in the mountains, devoted to perfecting mind and body, etc etc.) He's got some pretty good flavor so far, but I'm still looking for a way to deal with guns. I want to somehow give him the ability to deflect bullets, but I am unfamiliar with the D20 Modern system. Is there a feat or something that will give me the ability to deflect bullets? My character class is Unarmed Swordsage 5 / Martial Rogue 2, and I have 2 more as yet undecided class levels. (I wanted to take Eternal Blade before I found out about the +10 BAB requirement.) So any advice on this matter would be helpful too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [Custom - 3.5 / D20 Modern] Deflecting Bullets?

Deflect Arrows lets you block 1 ranged attack/round - bullets are ranged attacks, just really good ones.

The Buffeting Fists graft lets you deflect 1+Dex mod ranged attacks per round, but costs money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.