New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Elminster Series: A question

So, I've always enjoyed reading Forgotten Realms books, and Elminster is naturally, one of my more enjoyed ones. I recently bought Elminster Must Die at the Borders closing sale, and I happened to glance over the list of Elminster books that Greenwood has written, and right after Elminsters Daughter, is listed Elminster Annotated(which is obviously a compilation that I dont' care about) and then after that, is "Elminster Ascending" which I have never heard of. Since I can't get wiki to load anymore on my ****ty internet connection, I was wondering if anyone here has read it, and what it's about, what time frame it happens(pre or post spellplague).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Elminster Series: A question

From the Wizards Website
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elminster Ascending
    A Forgotten Realms Omnibus
    Ed Greenwood

Collecting the first three of Ed Greenwood’s classic Elminster tales: Elminster: The Making of a Mage, Elminster in Myth Drannor, and The Temptation of Elminster together in a gorgeous trade paperback package, Elminster Ascending is a must-read for every Realms fan—particularly those looking forward to the much-anticipated sequel, Elminster Must Die!

Elminster Ascending chronicles the early years of the Realms’ most powerful and colorful wizard, the Sage of Shadowdale, Elminster. Follow Elminster from his humble beginnings as a traveling mage to the tragic collapse of an elven empire, and on to a personal turning point that could have sent him down a path to corruption and darkness.

ED GREENWOOD is the creator of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and an award-winning game designer whose fantasy novels have sold millions of copies worldwide in more than thirty languages.

Just an omnibus, it seems.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahhh. that figures ^^ Well, glad I didn't manage to miss one of the stories :).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Starwulf, you may be interested in this forum. It is a FR forum that covers the novels and RPG material. A number of the authors are also regular posters there and most take questions if you have any.