New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Spiritual Weapon Help

Hello all, everyone having a good day so far? I have 2 questions about the spell Spiritual Weapon (PhB page 283) First does it effect objects? and second What ac does it hit, normal or touch? I do hope you can answer them for me or i'll have to summon Cthulhu to ask him and he hates being summoned just to answer simple questions .
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2011-04-17 at 06:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Spiritual Weapon Help

1. If you mean "Can I shoot a door with it?", yes. I don't see any limitation that says you can't shoot objects with it.
    2. It doesn't specify. Assume that it hits normal AC.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

1: Thats what i was hoping for, it's a force spell and i know some force spells (magic missile) don't effect objects so i wanted to check since i couldn't find a definition of what force does.

2: That was my assumtion but since i don't have any errata i thought i should check to see if it was mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Magic Missile has an explicit clause regarding not affecting inanimate objects. Also, it can only legally target creatures. Spiritual Weapon has no such target limitations or effect clauses.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay