New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default In need of a PrC

I am looking for some home brew prestige classes for my melee character, any will suffice. Although I am more looking for ones that work well with very strong characters and ones that do not use exotic or specific weapons. Any links would be appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: In need of a PrC

You probably need to specify if you are OK with going ToB or not. There are enough homebrew base and prestige classes you could easily do so without actually HAVING a copy of the book.

In the mean time, well... let me check my extended signature...
    My Snake-Blade doesn't especially benefit from high strength, but it certainly doesn't hurt either. You will need to read the larger thread I linked to a single post of to get the feats that someone else homebrewed.

If you don't mind a shameless tribute to a certain pair of Final Fantasy characters, or if you are skilled at de-fluffing stuff, you could try my Leap Dragoon, although it takes either ToB or a bit of dipping. The dipping may necessitate playing a human: at least 1 level in almost any spellcasting class and one level in rogue in most cases, although if you have a high enough INT score you can skip the rogue dip. The rogue dip isn't too bad though, since you will almost always get your Sneak Attack damage against targets once you hit level 2 of the PrC.

All the other Melee classes I have are strictly ToB based.

In any case, if you use any of my stuff I want my play-test data. A link will suffice if your campaign already has a fairly detailed log online, or is PbP, otherwise PM me the highlights regarding how my work performed at some point after each session, while it is still fresh in your mind.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I am fine with using ToB as i am planning a one level dip in Warblade.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Well, then take a look through my extended signature at the PrCs. Some of the the feats might be good too, including Blocker. It all depends on the specifics of the character you want to play.

Also, see if you can bribe the Arcanist of the group into taking my True Haste spell and actually using it on you occasionally once you hit BAB +6/+1 or otherwise get more than one attack a round...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-05-22 at 10:29 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well if it helps, i am playing a level 10 Knight from the Tome of War online supplement. He fights using a Flail and Heavy Shield both very magical. looking for something to help with that.