New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: More Moe Is Needed: Let's Play Moemon: LeafGreen, Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I hate Deoxys. That is all, and my fullest explanation of what's going on at present, where the chapter is, and why there won't be one this weekend.

I just can't get that darned puzzle to work no matter what I do, so I may just skip that part. It's not like Seed even knows Deoxys exists...
    Quick, someone tell Deme the solution!
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

It's not even that I don't know the solution -- though, yeah, I don't. But I was save-stating and brute-forcing that puzzle for something like 3 hours this morning, and 2 hours yesterday, and nothing doing. I reached a point where nothing I did -- and I mean trying all sides of that darn triangle -- did anything but re-start the puzzle.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-20 at 04:36 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #543
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rule of thumb, when the triangle is in the middle column, approach from the top or bottom, when the triangle is everywhere else, approach from the inside side.

So, except when the triangle is in the middle, go up or down until you're even with it, then approach from the side.
    When it is in the middle, go left or right until you're even with it, then approach from the top or bottom.

Confirmed. That is the exact rule

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, that worked. It didn't for a while there, but it worked. Thanks.

...The fight itself is going to be an interesting one. I kind of had to switch in somebody so that there'd be a meaningful battle...Who the heck decided Ho-Oh and Lugia should be in the 60s or 70s, but Deoxys at 30? Who, I demand to know!

...Anyway, since so much of my time was spent on this, the chapter may just be this fight. But on the other hand, there'll be a chapter.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 81: Mind Games
    Spoiler
    Show

"Something troubles you, mistress?"
    "...Yeah. What would happen... If I wished to go back and time and, personally, stop things with Sage from happening the way they did?"
    "Ah. You are trying to think of wishes beyond 'bring her back to life'."
    "Right. I mean, I know it may not work with certainty -- because I'd have to do it myself...But..."
    "It would be a grantable wish."
    "...But wouldn't that create a time paradox?"
    "...Does it matter? The you that you are now, yes, will cease to exist. All events after that moment will become the new future."
    "And this won't cause causality to fall apart?"
    "No. Otherwise, your wish would not be granted. The past, and all events in it -- including your time-travelling actions -- will be what matters."
    She says this with a worried look,and falls into silence.

"...What will happen to you?"

"All will be as it was....So...I...I don't know."
    "Well, Sage and I were planning on doing this together... It may be a while, but... Well, I've always liked fire-types."
    "...So in the end, I'll still be saved." She says thoughtfully. "Then I will stand by you."
    "Azula...Thank you."

In other words, in order to save my sister... I need to give up everything that's happened so far. As if it didn't matter.

The boat pulls in, shaking me out of my thoughts.

...This is not my beautiful house. I mean, five island.

"Hey Skipper, what gives?"
    "This is where you need to go. And you will need this."
    He puts a knife in my hand. His face seems slack, as if he wasn't really moving it.
    "Why would I need a knife?!"
    "You will need this."

I walk outside...And somehow, my feet start moving on my own. I hold the knife like it was meant to be held.
    I walk towards the triangle, terrified.

As it jumps away, I actually want to chase it. No, want is the wrong word. I need to.
    Deoxys: "Do it."

....And I realize I can't stop.

"Mistress?"
    "There's something here."
    "Do something!"
    "I'm a mind-reader, not a miracle worker. But I'll do the best I can."

Their voices sound...So far away.

I chase the triangle around and around, following it through the labrnythine steps.

I turn, and something stops running through my head. I can barely remember what it was: something about something being wrong?

But everything is right. I don't even know why I'd think that.

"Seed, please stop holding that knife!"
    ...Who does she think she is, talking to me like that? I don't know her.
    Deoxys: Shut her up. You have a job to do.

I knock the little Gyrados aside with one hand. It's so easy. Like an infant, she sobs. I stop, and turn to her.
    You've got a job. She's nothing.

Nothing in this world matters but my task.

You know what you must do...
    There is something foul in this world, and my duty is to kill it.

Something flies away out of the corner of my eye. Something red. Is she...Leaving... Me -- the thought slams shut.
    No distractions. No mercy.
    Just take another step

Was I ever doing anything but this dance, between hunter and hunted? Slayer and dragon?
    ...I don't remember. I can't...
    You don't want to remember. Remember? There's nothing worth remembering in this world. Only suffering. His hands, treating her like a cheap toy, to open up at his leisure.... She looked like a little doll, that he just loved to undress...
    ...I will kill.

And at last, my quarry stands before me. All it will take is one slick stab of my knife.

Wait, wait. I can't kill her. Killing is --
    Deoxys: Kill me.
    She is evil. She must die.
    I'll not be bound. I'll not be bound. Kill me. Take your place in this story.
    But I'm not... I didn't...

I said no. I said no to the chance...
    The knife shakes. No, that's my hand shaking as I lift it. It feels like it belongs to somebody else, but I can't remember whom.

"Missss Seeeed! Please stop!"
    Suddenly, my brain snaps back to normal. What the heck -- was I about to kill...
    Hoy. I hurt Rya. Like actually hurt her.
    I look up.
    "...Lila?!"
    "Azula and R-rya called for my assistance...She said...She said that you'd need the help of your official pokemon catcher!"

"You're insane. You're both insane!"
    "Yes. Quite."
    "No, I'm not. No, she's not. M-miss Seed is... The first person to see something beautiful in me. The one who decided my life had meaning.
    And anyone else...Anyone else would make her become a murderer, by killing you. Or you'd kill them. So it has...It has to be me! Who lets you be captured!"

Our opponent takes a moment to see what she'll be doing.

"...That was almost effective. Your lunatic is quite strong, human."
    "Hey! Only I get to call my pokemon crazy!"
    "But you are all crazy. You believe that your mission... Is anything less than a murder mission. That there are people who want anything more to be set free of this tarnished world."
    "Set... Free...?"
    Wait, my head's still fuzzy. Where did I hear tha...
    Oh. Wait. The dream. The not-a-dream. The girl in pink.
    "I cannot fight the Master's control. The master's control is everything."
    "I refuse to believe that I have to kill you to stop the control. There's got to be something less wrong."
    "Then fight me. When I beat your little butterfly...Your body will be mine to do with as I wish. I will..."
    Here, she stops, struggles. Here, I can see her eyes cloud over and her muscles stop moving like muscles should.
    "...I will live. And you...You will die. Yes. I am too useful a puppet to die. How silly of me."

"I won't let that happen. Everyone trusts me to do help her... So I'll help her."
    I smile. I know sometimes I don't give the spotlight I'd want to to everyone... But Lila hugged me in the forest once, and that's not something I can let go.
    "Let's hit her with our best shot, Lila. Let's see what crazy can do!

That hurts, but she looks like she can keep hanging on a little longer.
    "Don't you see... To no longer be in charge of your own fate --"
    "Hold it, buddy! You don't get to talk about the evils of something and then do it to someone else!"

"I cannot help but fight you. And the Master will never let me go -- her mind is like poison, now. It cannot let go. Either you kill me... Or I kill you, and pray she does no more harm in her quest to stop you. Your... choice!"

"Lila!"

I can still switch her out for... For Rya. I can't even look at her right now. Not the way I made her cry.

"Lila, can you still fight?"
    "I know that maybe...Maybe you didn't mean it to matter. You didn't have much use... But... All the same, you asked me to help you with this task. So... I can't back out now!"
    That courage... I still remember when we were all so small, so scared. And she belonged in that world. And now, those of us there at the start, those of us beyond... We've gotten so much stronger.
    "Then let's take this potion and keep going."

"You're still going to switch out. You've got no faith in --"
    "I'm sick of people telling me what I do or don't have! What's right or wrong for me! I'm not switching. You've wasted your move."

"I did it! Now's your chance!"
    She looks so elated. Why shouldn't she be? She's gonna help me catch a legendary.

I try and focus on the ball, repeating little mantras in my head like button mashing. Because I can feel it trying to escape. The ideas play out -- that if she breaks out now, she'll have beaten me.

She'll have beaten my best effort.

The ball stops shaking.

"Thank you, Lila. And you, Azula. Rya."
    I turn around. Rya looks skittish, with a little blood trickling from a cut on her cheek.
    "Did I... Oh, Rya, I'm so sorry! I.... I literally had no idea what was going on. I..."
    I babble out about 7 confused explanations with apologies mixed in ever other word. I drop to my knees and offer her a hug.
    "So...You're back to being OK now...?"
    "Of course." She leaps into my arms, crying.
    "That was scary! You weren't acting like you at all!"
    "I'm sorry. I'm sorry...Everything's Ok now."

"Hmmm...That's an unusual pokedex entry, isn't it?"
    "What's that?"
    "Our capture."

"That is a wierd entry...Why do you suppose it's like..."
    "...Ughh..So...I was beaten..."
    When I take her out, I see that she's changed to look like her pokedex entry. How...Wierd.
    "Basically. Now, since you don't want to be bound...I figure I'll let you go."
    "What?"
    "What?"

"You'd rather be killed than be a slave. I figure if I've already beaten you, your master won't have you try again, so we're both good."

"You're correct. I'm useless to her."
    "Hey, your voice..." It's basically completely changed its formatting.
    "I am no longer controlling you....And I am no longer being controlled. For the first time since my last awakening, I am myself."
    "Last Awakening?"

"I don't much care for this world. I tend to sleep, and only arise for a challenger...The person controlling things...Did not exist in this form when last I slept."
    "...You know, maybe I won't do what it thinks I'm doing, just to spite it!"
    "You'll have to destroy her to do what you want. Anything else is naive."
    "You said I'd have to kill you. But here I am, letting you go."
    "Wait.... My form changed because my heart changed. Because I can think clearly, I know what needs to be done... She needs to be halted. Otherwise, in her fear and her paranoia, she could rip apart the world one day. Her mind's been torn apart by what was done to her..."
    "Wait, what was done to her? Does she need help?"
    "I don't know...But yes. She needs help. She needs the mercy of a warrior."
    By which she means...
    "Having wanted that mercy... I think I will come with you. To offer it."
    Wait just a --!

But she goes to the box before I can say anything.

And with that, the penultimate legendary joins our party. I kinda wish she didn't.

"...I promise to do something for you, Lila."
    "T-That's Ok..."
    "But first, I need to take down Team Rocket!"

By the way... I'd like to update the cast list over thanksgiving break... Could y'all lend me a hand by rounding up some quotes of different characters talking that I can take the font colors from? It was such a huge help last time.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-21 at 07:05 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's a quote from Daisy:

"Umm... I could show you."
    Last edited by Lemonus; 2011-11-21 at 08:37 PM.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you very much! I'll get the chapter up later this afternoon, and I've about assembled the new additions to the team into a list to put into the cast page. I'll update the others when I get the chance. Also, updating the index.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 82: Looks like Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, let's do this.

I could have sworn it was 'log need goldeen'.... But 'Goldeen need log' is much, much better.

I'm going to have to get to the bottom of this.

...Joy. Joy, joy.
    "Well, who ever said fighting evil would be all bunnies and sunshine."
    "Oooh, there's bunnies? We haven't seen any, yet!"
    "So maybe it's not even any bunnies, but some sunshine."
    "Well, no one ever said fighting evil would involve so much moving against my will!"

"Ughh... I think I need a bucket."
    "Well, you can has..."
    "Nope. Not in the mood for Lawlrus."
    "Rats."

But I am always in the mood for free stuff.

Yaaaay, stuff!
    "Feeling better?"
    "A bit, yeah. But I'm wondering...Where is everyone? Where's a dude every five seconds? Where's Giovanni to come up with a new scheme to stop me?
    This whole deal feels... Underpopulated."
    "Maybe they're all enjoying the water!"
    "Unlikely. What sort of criminal organization decides to halt their evil plot for a trip to the beach?"
    "...A cool one?"
    "It's possible that this is a much smaller set-up than the ones we've been facing."
    "Like, what, a splinter group?"
    "Another idea. I want you to imagine the forms of communication available. Until recently, the PC network was down. Flying pokemon can't get in or out of the islands by air...It takes boat passes to get around, and some of those are limited.
    In short, these islands can be seen as a sort of closed circle, where crimes can go unnoticed for a long time, making it appealing... But also, information cannot get *to* the island. It's not unlikely that they are, functionally, alone. Their own organization, but without anything like a formal break."

"So...they have no idea what's going on?"
    "It's only a theory. But there used to be legends of monsters the size of mountains, who could keep moving after their heads were cut off, simply because their feet were so far away that they were still just then getting the impulse to move, sent before the head was removed."
    "Old legends are kind of wierd."
    Yeah, they kinda are.

There's someone!

"...I will go outside, find a stick, and hit you with it for even suggesting something like that!"

"Absolutely!"

Man. That is a cute and fierce looking little thing, huh?

"Absolutely not! Who's in charge here?"
    "Hey, I'm not giving you info for free!"

What is that...?
    "An odd little widget...The energy there is potent, but I think none of us can use it."
    "So, it's useless free stuff?"
    "Yes, basically."
    I miss when my free stuff was TMs.

"Help...Help!"
    "Is she with them?"
    "She's not in a uniform..."
    "She a buyer?"
    "Whoever you are, get us out!"
    "Why bother...We're just tools...Chattel. That's us. That's what humans think of us, and no screams will ever reach them."

There's no room...Most of them look like they're starving...They press and mob against the bars.
    "You're wrong."
    "What?!"
    "She's got the gift!" "Get us out of here, lady!"
    "I will. But first...If I don't stop the rockets from re-capturing you, then letting you out won't do any good. I'll be back soon."
    Because there's no way...There's no way in all the world I'm letting something like this stand! Not even over my dead body!

"You know Ala?"
    "Well, yeah."
    "And we got her from something the rockets were doing, right?"
    "...Yeah."
    "I'm really glad."
    "I'm glad, too, Rya."
    "...And I'm glad you bought me, too..."
    "Awww..."
    "But not everyone gets that..So...I'm a little sad, too."
    I give her a hug.
    "We'll do the best we can."

I mean, it could turn Rya red or something. Or give me an electric shock.

I will reach you somehow, free stuff.
    But I begin to suspect there may only be about two dudes here. Which makes making this a big deal...Kind of embaressing.

Correction. 3 guys.

"...It's got a giant red R on the door. It's not really hidden."

Yaaay! Level-up!

That's better than having three machops.
    "What's up with this!? I was told Team Rocket had broken up!"[/color]

"...Planet Kanto, in the Galaxy of Reality."
    I leave him dumbstruck. So the goons like this...They really don't know?
    "I guess that means that's another point for crazy Terra theories."
    "Yup. Unfortunately, crazy Spike theories...Need a bit of work. Maybe they need to be a little crazier."
    They laugh. Pokemon flirting is kinda wierd.

Hey! A TM! Awesomesauce!
    I was just saying how much I missed finding these.
    Sludge Bomb, huh? Probably not that useful.

"And yet you stood here. Behind some boxes."

"...I. Am not. A kid. I'll have you know that I met him. And then I beat him. And then I met him. And then I beat him *again.* And then I met him...And he offered me a job. And then... You know what I did?"
    "Beat him?"
    "Yup. Allow me to demostrate."

"I'm hardly laughing about what you're doing to those pokemon."
    "Just because you're one of *those*, don't laugh!"
    "One of what?"
    "Those pokemon league jerks! They know they have all the power...So they don't hesitate to lord it in the faces of ordinary, unassuming people! Their whole gym system is just a way to remind themselves how much better they are than anyone else -- while they crush dreams!"
    "You know what? You're right. I mean, yes. A lot of the gym leaders seem to be pretty Ok people. Some of them were even good people. But yeah...The system as a whole is just a big stupid powergame no one but the people who have already won can really win. Not without being me..."
    I'm impressed that he hasn't punched me yet. This is kind of a long speech.
    "But that doesn't make what you're doing right -- it doesn't level the playing field! It doesn't help people or pokemon! It just helps you!"
    And now he punches me. But he lets me keep going.

"That's only what people who are doing wrong say."

"And he said he's done with this whole thing! And if he isn't..."
    Then I'm just going to have to beat him again.

Yaaaay! Not a bad level, at that.

And again. We're working up quite the head of steam here.

"I'm glad someone gets it. If I'm on anyone's side... I'm on the side of pokemon and people who just want to have good, simple battles, or to make art, or have fun, or talk about their rapidashes...I'm on the side of everyone being friends."
    "That was wonderfully corny, Mistress."
    Ok, yeah. But it's mine.

"Seriously? You're helping me now?"
    "I like your moxie. It's that sort of determination...That made Giovanni a wonderful leader."

"I'd like to...But I can't. I need to make sure no one can stop those pokemon from getting out of here."
    "...I guess I'll start unlocking the cages then."
    "...And then what?"
    "I don't know. Maybe I'll take my team and go try and see that thing you're fighting for. It may be fun."
    "...Alright, then. Best of luck."

I'll say when I've had enough!

"Has it not? Guess there's a man in a suit that needs defeating, then. Because I'm not stopping."

Your ranks seem pretty confused already.

STOP USING THAT WORD!

"And I'll show you how scary an angry ADOLESCENT can be!"
    ....That lacks punch. I need to work on that.

Ack. Bad move selection.

But at least I got to see sludge bomb in action. It's... Ok, once you account for shear level difference.

Ok, now that...That looks pretty fierce. And scary.

Dang dark types! I don't see a lot of them, so I don't know their strengths very well.

...Uh. Duh. What have I been saying this whole time?

"Yes! It's all packed up! It's over! Go home!"

Seriously? You guys are pretty mellow about this...

*groan*

Good luck with that. Or, you know...Not. Please not.

"It's you! You jerk!"
    "Kick him in the shins! Do it!"

Yeah, that sounds about like what happened.

"..."
    *facepalm*

Darnit! I meant to switch!

I'm not thinking clearly.

But Azula will always come through.

Except when she misses.

Yes! All objectives achieved!

Well, almost...

Behind me, I hear the sudden waves of happy screaming, and the sounds of footsteps.

Ok, there.
    I find myself guiding pokemon out of the building for the next half-hour or so. No one really sticks around, even to thank me.
    But you know what?...I'm good. I did the best thing I could, and it worked out.

Now, I just need to take this back to Celio.

"You have no idea. There was mind-control and jerky scientists and Team Rocket and braille..."

You just want to not have to sit through a recap.

Alrighty, then.

...Yay?

Wow! That's pretty far away!
    "Human technology is really astounding."

"Hey, you did the science. I just picked up some rocks."
    All the same...It feels good. This is exactly what I try and fight for, right there.

"I wouldn't blame you if you were."

"There's one I'm looking for...I guess you'd call it exotic..."
    Or maybe just extremely dangerous.

"Thanks. But I don't even know where to start..."

"Not to mention, I don't even know how this whole wish thing works...I did everything you said, Azula, and nothing."
    "There is one more great spirit to fight. If there is a pokemon capable of controlling Deoxys, the ever-shifting, then it must be a very powerful one -- a pokemon of legend."
    "And how do I find her?"
    "Don't worry, Mistress. If our opponent is really ought to kill us, she'll show herself soon."
    "Us? She's only out to kill me."
    "...Don't be foolish. Anyone who would wish to kill you... Would have to kill me, first."
    "And me!"
    "And don't forget me!"
    "NOTHING CAN KILL ME. BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO TRY."
    "I'm with FISTICUFFS on this."
    "And I am Sparticus! ..."
    "I'm sorry. You just all seemed so very serious....But...I think with all of us as bodyguards, using anything else but the plural would be false."

"Well, in the meanwhile, I want to do something nice for Lila. Maybe me and her and a few others of the reserves will just... go exploring. Train a bit."
    "That sounds like a good plan."

Ok, so I'll take Lila...And who else?

And I wonder if we should go to to 7 Island, or explore the rest of 6?
    Decisions, decisions...

Well, you heard the lady. Pick any 5 pokemon, and we'll take them with us, leveling them up if need be so that they're ready to take this breather area -- Which will either be the rest of 6 Island, or some of 7th, either the battle tower or the Unknown Ruins (choose one).
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-28 at 07:30 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

"Kick him in the shins! Do it!" Priceless

I want to see more of the fossils in particular our little ancient thief.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Helga, Jasmine, Toph
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #551
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd like to see the fossil, Daisy and Eda.
    Last edited by Lemonus; 2011-11-28 at 04:08 PM.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Fossils, Ala and Eda. Wanna see a Scizor!
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I got word about you from the others" is shown twice, and doesn't really make sense with the context.

...Erika.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My vote is against Unown ruins (because I kinda sorta still haven't fixed the Unowns... yet).

As for the moemon, Eda and Ala still need an evolution, so do a bunch of the water moemon that I don't remember enough characterization to be invested in, but I'd still like to see reach their final evolution (or maybe the index just isn't updated). Erika needs a stalker crush resolution, and the fossils need some love.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Ala evolved, but maybe I'm wrong. I was so busy hunting down the color codes that I really didn't have time to take new screenshots of everyone. Because I'd have to take a lot of screenshots.

Also, fixed the image repetition.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-28 at 07:36 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ala hit Dragonite. She beat Lance with his own weapon, as I recall.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, Seed beat Lance with Azula.

Also, the next chapter may take a while, for reasons best summarized as follows:

Wild SCHOOL appeared!
    SCHOOL uses pre-finals workload!
    A critical hit! It's Super Effective!
    Deme has fainted!

And so on.

Edit:

Ok, I've decided that as much as I want to do this next chapter, for my own physical, mental, and scholastic health, I'm declaring the update schedule 'When I can' until the 16th, when the semester is over.

I'll definately prioritize Moemon over other personal projects in the hopes of getting more done, but I don't think I can go through my days with unkept promises, and I don't think I can keep the promises at this point in time.

My apologies. You're really a pretty great audience about stuff like this.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-12-04 at 09:29 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

No problems here. Finishing schoolwork comes before making a Let's Play for a bunch of people on the internet, after all.

Hmm... I have the sudden urge to create some fanart.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Doo eeet! While I... Try and figure out what to do with Suicune.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I don't care who else goes as long as Kai is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

So, this chapter got, like, totally derailed....So I'm splitting into parts as I can get the parts up. This part is 8 pages long already, so it's best if I just put it up now.

Chapter 83, Part 1: Who Let the Dogs Out?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, let's begin..."

Though, looking it over...
    "You guys need a lot of work before we can really go anywhere."
    So I'm spending all my vacation training, huh? Well, maybe not...

"A knight must always be willing to train!"
    "Yeah, you keep saying that..."
    "You!"
    "Me! I mean, you!"

...Let me break this down. Draca, the aerodactyl... Wants to capture Chelle, the kabuto, for wanting to conquer stuff.
    Up until this point, I've managed to keep them from realizing.
    This was short-lived.

"Come back here, you foul-souled cankerblossom!"
    "I know you are, but what am I?"

"Ok, ok, break it up! Chelle, take this. We've got a lot of work to do."

"You're a shameless flatterer, giving me presents..."
    "She gave that to all of us, you know!"
    "Spoil-sport"

"Well, Trilo, Chelle, let's move out."
    "Didst though truly plan to sieze the earth in thy devilish grasp, to be lady of all this realm?"
    "You betcha! And boy, you sure make it sound fancy. But that didn't work out so hot, so here I am."

"Right. Let's get this level-grind started. I guess we'll try around 6 island first."

...Or not. "Ala, you want to handle this?"
    "Absolutely!"

"Well, let's try Victory road..."

But I have to let Ala handle things there, too. But Chelle’s learning a lot.
    "Ok, let's do Fuschia."
    "I apologize; my infirmities drive thee to the ends of this earth."
    "Eh, you're one of 5 who need it, right?"
    "Perhaps so..."

At least Fuschia seems to work out alright. And Chelle seems to learn a lot from Trilo, too.

"Very nice!"

"Less nice..."
    "Dame Seed... It occurest to me that I am little good to thee..."
    "Aww, don't say that. You're fine -- this one's tougher than you, anyway."

"You're of plenty of use to me, remember that."

"It is a comfort to the soul."
    "It shouldn't be!"
    "Oh, hush."

"Seriously, Trilo?"
    "My nature hath always been as such...But my skills art rusty."
    I'm not sure learning new, disappointing skills relates to 'rusty'.

I have to run back to the pokemon center a lot for Trilo. But slow and steady wins the race.

"That's really much better."

Oooh! And Chelle learns a technique as well.

"Is something amiss?"
    "Nothing, nothing...I'm just worried about something."
    "If it is within my power to ease thy concerns, speak; my life it owed to thee."
    "Well...It's like this: It sounds like other people, who aren't exactly terrible people, have had chances to make a wish -- maybe even wanted to change the world with their wishes. But they couldn't find a wish that would do all it needed to do. And their own selfish wishes got in the way.
    Let's say that...What I want as a person... doesn't get in the way of what I know is right.
    Am I smarter than them? Can I find a better wish?"

"Ah, noblesse oblige. I see. I expect no less from the lady who restored me."

"Thanks. I'm sorry you ended up in such a bad time."
    "This age is as fine as any other... But I know little of its ills. I would like to help thee, if help I can."
    "Because you feel indebted?"
    "And because I must know. This time that hast cast a raiment such as mine aside, well, zounds! I must adapt a raiment and a wish for this!"

"Well, that's some progress, for you!"

And very nice, on top of that.

So that's some good progress.

And now we're just about...

...The hoy?
    "Salutations, human champion."
    ”Salutations?”
    ”It’s my way of saying Hello, little dragonite.”
    "Who are you?"

[color=]"I am the north wind, she who they call 'the Aurora pokemon'."[/color]
    "Aaaaannnd you're here to kill me?"
    "Unless you have a death wish...No. And either way, I disapprove of assisted suicide as a matter of principle."
    "Woah, now -- let's stay away from issues, alright? This is a politics-free forum, remember?"
    "Oh, the fourth wall. But that aside, I'm not going to kill you."
    "Ok, then...?"
    "You seek the power to change the world. The ability to have one wish granted. For that...You must bring me to my surrender. I'm hear to give you that shot."
    "Wow, that's...Kind of neighborly of you. So, let's fight."
    "I'm afraid not. Just as I'm not the sort of being that can be captured by mind-control...I also am not the sort of person to fight pointlessly. My sword is a delicate weapon, to be used only with the full weight of responsibility."
    "Ok, so THEN WHAT?"
    "Frustrated?"
    "You have no idea."
    "It's simple. Catch me. And... convince me of your worthiness. Then I shall surrender to you."
    "...Umm...Alright..."

Well, she did say 'catch her.'

"You mistake me. Not only must you catch me.... You must also catch me."[/color]
    ...This is going to be a wacky chase scene, isn't it? Can we find a hallway with more doors, so we can dart in and out of them?
    And so...

Yup. Wild Suicune fled.

And I began to give chase. She turns and smiles at me, running so fast my legs itch just trying to keep in sight...While moving backwards. In short, she's messing with me.
    Well, that only makes me run faster, pushing these shoes as hard as they will go. I hold onto my hat, and my hair streams out behind me.

I throw a ball ahead of me, hoping to catch her, or at least slow her down.

As she escapes, she laughs.
    "You won't be worthy just by running. No... What have you done in this world, for pokemon or for people, to be worthy of being its champion? Victory is not sufficient. If I surrender to you, I give you the delicacy of my blade, understand?"

...In other words...She wants me to prove I'm Spiderman, what with all the great power and the great responsibilities. Well, I can do that! And I don't even need a dead uncle!
    "I helped Trilo here!"
    "She did indeed, lady, by troth!"
    "You wanted an exotic pet."
    "How dare you? How freaking dare you?"

I slow down enough to yell without my lungs exploding...But by the time the words are out of my mouth, she's gone almost out of sight.
    "Fine! What -- about -- Rockets?"
    She circles around to listen.
    "How do I know you're not lying to trick me? Show me your proof."

Proof, huh? But...I can't think of anything. The world's just a sharp pain in my side as I slow, pulling one foot in front of the other.
    She's... She's getting away. Already the blue and purple figure's completely out of sight.

"Dame Seed, I admire deeply thy bold blood... But halt. I wanted to help, so permit me to say thusly: think."
    "Someone who's out to change the world needs to use her head, right?"

I come to a stop. My breathing eventually evens out, and I see her standing there, waiting to see if I'll continue.
    I don't think about that. I need proof that I've helped people, proof that will let me catch...

Wait. Waaaaaiiit. Didn't I get a fancy-shmancy ball?

I totally did. It is the fanciest and the shmanciest.
    I've only got one; I was hoping to save it for the big guns..
    But...
    Well, I won't get a chance to see the big guns if I don't use it now!
    "Here's my proof! A gift from the head of Silph Co, for saving his company, a whole bunch of Pokemon," Ok, I'm editing that one in. Sometimes you have to tell events slightly out of sequence for narrative flow, "And all of Saffron City!"

She looks at me. Did she know I had this? Or was this a trap?

This will catch anything, right? Right? Can I get a warranty?

Boo-yah!

"In the end, you needed your pokemon to help you... But I accept your proof. My sword is yours."
    "Excellent. And...Thank you for not trying to kill me."[/color]
    "Well, I can't just let that broken doll claim my honor like that... I'd have not killed you if it killed me."
    Hm. These legendaries are a mixed bag. But at least Suicune's joined the team.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can change your votes to take our new guest along with us for the second half of 6 island.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-12-09 at 10:15 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Deme the colour coding is messed up at one point everything is in Suicune's speaking colour.

I enjoyed the chapter though... and really breaking the fourth wall? You sure took your sweet time
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

I hardly took my time. I just took a vacation.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, hey, that reminds me. Was the roaming glitch fixed for this hack?

Also, if we were into nicknaming legendaries, Suicune would totally be Saber.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

I hardly took my time. I just took a vacation.
    I meant that you took your sweet time to break the fourth wall

I am not complaining from you taking a break, I am sorry if it sounded that way.
    Just call me Dusk

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Roaming glitch? I have not heard of this thing.

@Dusk: I was also reffering to breaking the fourth wall. I did it a few times in the early chapters, then didn't do it very often since.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-12-09 at 10:19 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Oh, hey, that reminds me. Was the roaming glitch fixed for this hack?

Also, if we were into nicknaming legendaries, Suicune would totally be Saber.
    No, because I wanted to get a way to capture all of the gerbils (and all of the starters) in scripted events (like the birds), but a, I didn't figure out how to kill the roaming gerbil script, and b, my plans on how to do the scripted fights ranged from impossible to impractical.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The system for handling roaming 'mons in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen was done badly and dropped some of the data, so they effectively had an HP IV and an Attack IV of up to 17, and that was it. Everything else was 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    No, because I wanted to get a way to capture all of the gerbils (and all of the starters) in scripted events (like the birds), but a, I didn't figure out how to kill the roaming gerbil script, and b, my plans on how to do the scripted fights ranged from impossible to impractical.
    Don't know how feasible it is, but what about splicing in the Emerald code? Or is that in a part that you really don't want to decompile?
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-12-09 at 10:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

@Dusk: I was also reffering to breaking the fourth wall. I did it a few times in the early chapters, then didn't do it very often since.
    hmmm I can't remember.... guess I should do an archive binge then.
    Just call me Dusk

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You could always perform the manual fix located here. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655

Counterpoint, so could I and I would fix it for more people and probably faster with less chance of screwing up than most people. Mumble grumble, I hate arguing with myself, I always lose. It'll be on the next version of the patch. In keeping with tradition, it'll probably be out by January.