New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: More Moe Is Needed: Let's Play Moemon: LeafGreen, Thread II

They don't really stand for much, to be frank. They stand for the status quo, and will do anything to maintain it, either to further their own power or/and to keep the world from breaking into chaos due to wars created by the gifted. I never explicitly stated exactly what each of them wanted (and they may not be totally done yet anyway) in the story, though I tried to imply their feelings... But for ultimate clarity, but here's a rough idea:

Lorelei: Order is everything. The rules are the only way to preserve anything, good or bad, and the rules come before either of these things.
    Bruno: Just likes being as high on the pecking order as possible, since it proves his strength. Likes a system ruled by the strong, and where only strength matters.
    Agatha: Don't be naive. Nothing will ever change. May as well take advantage of what is. Someone needs to keep these fools in line.
    Lance: Keeping the current order is the best way to protect people....umm... even it involves killing them. Sometimes. Maybe. He's not entirely sure about that last part, but you can't make a societal omelete without breaking a few eggs, right?

Come to that, here's some gym leader feelings on the matter:
    Brock: That one kid won't leave him alone, and he doesn't like battling up-and-coming trainers too much. Feels guilty, but has committed to his course. Tends to stay out of things.
    Misty: She's a teenage girl. Any description of her current feelings will be inaccurate tommorow.
    Serge: Kinda nutbars. He dislikes the gym system, since it means he's always shattering the dreams of these fool trainers: hence the defenses of his gym. He was probably press-ganged into it.
    Erika: Has herself set up like a feudal lady, and enjoys it. Her city supports her and adores her, she has fans and followers, and in exchange, she offers some protection.
    Koga: It's all a game, and everyone, especially his followers and challengers, are just pieces.
    Sabrina: Her motivations are the most clearly explained, but I'll say them again: she wants friends, beyond pokemon, and feels this is the best way to attract psychics she hopes to train into power, so they can be equals and therefore friends. If the rest of the league found out her plans (and this actually is new info), there would be hell to pay.
    Giovanni: Not even I know how much of his rhetoric is true. But both Team Rocket and being a Gym Leader were ways to power, and he'd have stuck with both until one completely won. Sees the failures in the system, but is happy to use them.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Don't forget Blaine.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, yeah. I totally did.

Blaine: He's sincerely interested in protecting Cinnibar. Once upon a time, he wanted to change things... But that didn't work out, and now he's just doing the best he can.

Also, I have worked and re-worked this fight scene like a dozen times. It's starting to get frustrating... I just can't hit the rhythm.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-10-18 at 05:42 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You spelled Surge wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You spelled Surge wrong.
    Yeah, probably. I pronounce his name and the name of the hero from Chrono Cross the same in my head... And I get the two mixed up a lot as a result. When I write it down one way, I'll distrust my instinct and change it to the other. It's one of those things.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

6. - Top - End - #486
    Barbarian in the Playground

Surge is the one with the bad pun for a name.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brock.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Does Misty not count as well?

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

He meant relative to Serge. But...to be frank... Chrono Cross would be so much cooler with Lt. Surge as the main charatcer.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Does Misty not count as well?
    It's an international Pokémon League rule: in order to be a Gym Leader, your name must be a pun. Usually based on your gym type, though a floral motif is also acceptable (indeed, that's practically mandatory in the Japanese...). Bonus points (and similarity to the Japanese) when you manage to work both in.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

And at last! The chapter is complete!
    And I kinda sorta totally hate it. I may go back and re-write it one day, when I'm just less roadblocked on it. I dunno. Maybe I was just too frustrated in writing it to actually think it has any good attributes, much less being enjoyable. Anyway, hopefully after this, things will be back to normal.

Chapter 77: One Seven Shy of Jackpot
    Spoiler
    Show

I wake up and find a Lapras standing at the foot of my sleeping bag. For a moment, I think it's Ruto, but she's not holding things to plug into me. So it can't be her.

Lapras: "Mistress Lorelei wants to speak to you."
    "Really, what about?"
    Lapras: "She would not say."

I walk to her incredibly doll-filled house.
    Lorelei: "Oh, Seed. Come in."
    "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"The fact of the matter is, you were nobody."
    "Gee, thanks."
    "That's a statement of fact: No one of consequence. And then, like a bolt from the blue, you are somebody. Somebody who does things the rest of us won't: things which, for the best, haven't changed for years... Suddenly started changing."
    "I'm waiting for you to reach a point without insulting me."
    "Sorry, sorry... I'm just... I'm just worried. The legendary pokemon started stirring when you appeared on the scene -- that doesn't happen every day, you know. Just as there was something beneath the game corner, just as there's something beneath this island...
    Try and make sure there's nothing behind you."

I turn around.
    "I'm not being literal."

"...I'll keep that in mind."

I don't believe in fate. Not really. Well, maybe sometimes. But as of this second, I do not believe in fate. I leave.

"Assessment, guys?"
    "IT'S A TRAP."
    "She's got no reason to play you. Not her sorta deal."
    "She's stuffy, but she's not all bad; she may just want to get on your good side."
    "She's just trying to help!"
    "A person behind you... There was a time when I would have believed that person was myself...Certainly, I set you on this path..."
    "Yeah, but who set *you*....Wait. There wasn’t an answer in that that was half a joke and really, terrifyingly, serious. Where's Terra, you guys?"
    "...She's not...Back at the center?"
    "No. Where did she...?"

Lorelei comes running out.
    "What are you up to, this time? My advance warning's just told me Ho-oh's in a fighting tizzy!"

"You don't think..."
    "...Terra. Let's go guys. We've got a secret door to get to."
    We run off.
    "...Who in Mew's name is Terra?"

"Why would she run off like that?"
    "Maybe because she heard you telling ChuChu how much you care."
    "Well, if she wants to make a noble sacrifice and not get in the way of my happiness..."
    "...I knew the moment someone pressed it, it'd ruin everything..."
    "Do you guys really have to talk while I'm carrying you?"
    "The exposition gets everyone up to speed." Also, it feels like it’s been several weeks since that happened.
    "...Yes, Mistress...Curse the drama of it all..."

I hate these hallways. I hope to sweet baby raptor jesus coming out of his little eggy in the prehistoric raptor manger this is the last time I ever see them!

Hurry faster, legs!

Ho-Oh:"What's this? I was just minding my own business!"

"Are you and yours not set at destroying my trainer?"
    "Your trainer... A Young lady? Brought my brother into monstrous captivity?"
    "Be careful with words like those. They're just sharp enough to cut you."
    "...Y...you monster... Siding with a defiler of freedom like her!"

"Terra!"
    "Seed? ...You weren't supposed to show up. Go away. Stand back. Something like that... Of course, it's funny how exactly what you don't want to happen, happens... But I've never heard a satisfying theory as to why..."
    "Terra, shut up and take a potion already!"

"You...I need to kill you!"

"Ack! Why can't more problems be solved by angry letters or something?"

"Get away from her. I thought you were going to kill me? Please tell your boss to make your mind up for you, if he's going to be tampering with it."
    "My mind is my own! It's... I'm doing this for my brother!"

"But if I have to get through you to kill her, I'm fine with that."

"Why did you do this, Terra? Seriously? Are you nuts? Rya should have done this fight -- or ChuChu!"
    "Y-yeah! I can still take over, really!"
    "...No. The fight is mine."

"But it's mine, too. Come on, Terra, let's do this. Switch to your strengths."

The battle becomes a lot of back and forth, Terra damaging and Ho-Oh Recovering until the damage is undone.
    But in a battle of endurance, the fact of the matter is... Terra only has so many shots in her, and she'll need a few to take Ho-Oh out. Is that the plan? Make it so she can just steamroll us?

"Terra! Stop it!...Doing this noble warrior act isn't like you, Terra."
    "Like me?..."
    She turns and watches him long enough...

To get fire blasted in the face.
    "...I guess I thought that, too. That's always my mistake, isn't it? How can I be understood, when I do not understand myself? How can my heart be understood, when even self is an illusion?
    ...Well, nevermind."

"Terra, is emotional drama worth dying over?!"
    "Dying? I haven't said I would die. But... I can't make any further progress here. I was mistaken."

"But...I don't want you to leave."
    Terra's always making me think about odd things, or telling me strange facts. Every time I'm confused, she makes things... Differently confused. I know that may not sound like much... But Terra is still an excellent friend.

"Stop talking and fight, you two! I refuse to be ignored like this--"
    She goes toward me in another dramatic swoop, her feathered dress flaring out around her like an angry star. As she comes close, she gets repelled by a glitttering wall centered on Terra's outstretched hand.

"Stop. Right. There. And all of you... Calm down. I can't fight, with all of you thinking. I..."

"Just seeing how well all of you think of me, how loudly...Is flattering. But it can wait until after this fight...I'll stay, at least that long."

"Alright, Terra! Let's go for an all-out attack!" After all, there’s not many attacks left in her.

If this is our last fight... I want no regrets!

"What happened...to that enemy who came before me, with her heart full of defeats? You have that enslaver backing you up, and now all of the sudden..."

"Don't dare call me that! Lugia asked me to catch him! And don't...Don't compare me to that master of yours, or anyone else!"

"Liar!"

"Be fair, now: how would the spirit of rebirth know you're telling the truth if she thinks you're a liar? It's a very nice paradox she's put together... It's really too bad we can't listen to it longer."

Ho-Oh screams and goes upward, driven by the sparks lacing across her body.

"Hey! Come back here, you!"

"Allow me... I'll bring her down to earth -- she can't fly very far in that shape."
    “Lugia? What are you doing here?”
    ”You really need a less lax policy on movement.”
    “…So you followed and were spying?”
    ”You were beating up on my little sister.”

Dangit, there is no way I can argue with that.
    ”She was being manipulated, just a little bit… But I’ll set her straight. I’ll be back shortly.”
    He flies off after her.

I look around at the assembled pokemon: Rya looking worried, mumbling into Azula’s ear as she watches the matter stoically. FISTICUFFS looking unsure. ChuChu clinging to Spike’s arm, and Spike staring at Terra.

”Listen, you – if you want understanding, you’ve got to freaking say something! You = mindreader. Me = muscle!”
    ”…Y…You’re smarter than you give yourself credit for…”
    ”Yeah, well… That doesn’t mean I know what you’re feeling if you don’t tell me! … Not that I got room to talk, huh? I waited too long, hoping to just not have anything happen…”
    They stared for a minute, trying to get the other one to say something.
    ”… I love you, you idiot. I understand that you like ChuChu, and I suppose I must accept it.” ”I love you, you smart idiot! But being a team comes first – so we’re a team in this, you, me, and ChuChu, or that’s –“
    The two of them stop speaking in unison.

“Ok, let me mediate a bit. Terra, Spike wants a threesome.”
    ”THAT IS NOT – YOU’RE PUTTING WORDS – Geeze. Women. Always making things about sex.”
    “Spike, Terra likes you.”
    ”W-well, you’re an interesting person to talk to and… Really very cute when you’re riled up, and I…ummm…Yes. Quite.”
    “And ChuChu just wants to cuddle Spike by any means necessary.”
    ”Not any!.... Just many.”

”May I recommend we work out an equitable arrangement away from the crowd of all our friends and also Azula?”
    ”Hey!”
    ”I’m only being as serious as you would be in my stead.”
    ”…HEY!”
    ”Yeah, finishing this elsewhere’s a good idea.”

“Wait, Terra. Big question… Are you leaving us? Because I won’t stop you.”
    ”You already have, though… Even if you don’t exactly comprehend me … I think you understand me all the same. Every time I think I’ve gone wrong, I’ve gone right. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my methods of judgment, starting from a fundamental philosophical level…”
    “You’re welcome.”

Spike takes Terra and ChuChu away for a while. Yeah, I could have eavesdropped… But I really do think everything will be alright. We’re Ok, and we beat a legendary bird, and we’re a team. That’s pretty good by me… And anyway, they walk back holding hands. Terra looked embarrassed, of all things!

“Alright! Let’s head to the next island!”

After the 70th boat ride, boat rides stop being as much fun.

I step foot on 5 island: it seems a nice, tiny place… But I doubt it’s that simple.

“Are you suggesting a correlation, or just spewing out facts?”
    ”The sky is blue.”
    “Aaah. Gotcha.”

“Really?”
    Free Meal – second cousin to my favorite thing, free stuff.

Rats. I guess there’s no such thing as a free dinner after all. All this finding stuff on the ground has spoiled me.

“I wouldn’t.”

They have a meadow?
    I’ve always wanted to go frolic in a meadow!
    …No, it’s really different from all the fields I’ve been in. This is a meadow officially.

Man, this island just loves to raise my hopes and dash them, doesn’t it?

“Really? So you’re the one who built the building –“

So is there a building or isn’t there? Make up your mind, island!

Thugs. Well, I will have a proper vacation free of thugs to beat up one day.
    ”Don’t you generally enjoy beating up thugs?”
    “I also enjoy complaining about being forced to beat up thugs.”
    ”…I suppose that is fair enough, Mistress.”

Well, that’s vague. I mean, what sort of stupid thing to say is that? Does he want me to guess?
    “I refuse, sir, to play your game.”
    ”…Game?”

…Anyway, that’s about all the people in town. It’s sort of like the Pallet Town of the Sevii Islands, I guess.
    But we have two things to pick between.

Because when you surf, you run across this:

A labrynth. That sounds really cool.

Or…
    A meadow! I’d frolic in the meadow and beat up thugs and braid flowers in Azula’s hair and...

Anyway, which one should we check out first?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

5 island meadow!

"Man, this island just loves to raise my hopes and dash them, doesn’t it?" I love this line
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Definitely the meadow in my opinion.

I did think a bit of ChuChu's dialogue seemed a bit out of character, but I liked the chapter other than that.

14. - Top - End - #494

BlackDragon

5 island meadow. and .

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

So Terra and Spike are holding hands?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

All three of them are, with Spike in the center. That's why it's "they" as opposed to breaking it up further.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-10-23 at 06:40 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

I think Seed should frolic in the meadow first.

....And now I have the image in my head of Terra facing down Ho-Oh, wearing a bandolier of healing items and wielding two sporks. It is a very, very good image.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

....Why the sporks?

...Also, I like that image as well.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #499

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Because sporks are more hardcore. They have points, which are kinda like spikes.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    All three of them are, with Spike in the center. That's why it's "they" as opposed to breaking it up further.
    That's what I thought at first, but I couldn't tell.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #501

I've got the goofiest grin on my face right now...

Anywho, my vote goes to the labyrinth. Why? I've got no clue. Really. The meadow sounds more fun, but I'd rather see that second for some reason.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Banned

I don't care which one's first as long as the choice leads to the best possible setup for braiding flowers in Azula's hair. WANT.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... I see...

ALSO, YOU GUUUUYS! Why didn't anyone tell me we've got, like, 2 real islands and a cave left?! Holy cow!

I'm not sure if I'll really do anything on 7 island, you see.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... I see...

ALSO, YOU GUUUUYS! Why didn't anyone tell me we've got, like, 2 real islands and a cave left?! Holy cow!

I didn't because I had no idea.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*Cough* Sequel with more risk taking *Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #506

Hmm... I see...

Err... we wanted to keep it a secret from you? Because we're evil like that? I don't know..
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    *Cough* Sequel with more risk taking *Cough*
    I cannot express how unlikely this is, for a variety of reasons.
    #1: This LP was brought about by a lucky aligning of stars that made me much more enthusiastic about pokemon than I normally am. Except for maybe a heartgold/soulsilver LP, I'd be hard-pressed to work up enough poke-enthusiasm for another, and I don't quite think that and moemon would work terribly well.

#2: I actually have a lot of ideas for future LPs: I want to get back to Azure Dreams, and maybe the editing issues will be more tolerable now... And I have so many other ideas. For example, I just managed to get a Nintendo 64 emulator to work, so Harvest Moon 64 could be in the future. It is sort of my favorite game ever.... Or if I wanted more action, there's always one of the Rune Factories... Or maybe.... *happy mumbling* I may end up doing two (I guess 3) simultaneous LPs, depending on how I feel I am for time. For the Azure Dreams and HM64 LPs, I do have some story ideas.

#3: I really do intend to let Seed go off into the sunrise at the end of this, so doing a different strain of game with her as protagonist is a 'no.'\

Edit: I've been all fired up recently, so chapter 78's been played though, with only two major stretches of writing left.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-10-26 at 09:55 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 78: Island of Dissapointment
    Spoiler
    Show

As I contemplate my options, I hear wingbeats overhead, and spot Ho-oh and Lugia.
    "Come on, now. Time to admit some humility. You were beat."
    "But she cheated. She had the power of love!"
    "That's hardly cheating. Little Sister... Occaisonally, eternal spirits are sort of expected to behave with dignity."
    "Dignity is for when there isn't constant, mass chaos."
    "Yeah, you two... About that."

They both turn to see me down below.

"I'm still waiting on an explanation."

"Well, my brother says he asked you... So I guess maybe you're just a silly human...And.... I may not have been in the best control of myself there."
    "You mean that 'master' Lugia was going on about?"
    "I don't know a lot about what's happening, actually... Only that... Things are going to change soon. We've all been feeling it."
    "And this master feels that way?"
    Ho-Oh shrugs.Lugia grabs her hand, as if to draw strength.
    "Not quite. The Master seems to think... That what is happening is that you intend to kill her."
    "WHAT?! I don't intend to kill anyone!"
    "...Tell her that. She's convinced...That that is what is intended."
    "Maybe I will!"
    "I'm down for that! No one tries to manipulate me or boss my brother around while I'm around."
    "...Just... Be careful what you intend to do; a lot could go wrong."

So I guess now Ho-oh's joined our party.

"You know, Terra, I think you were mistaken. I don't think legendaries are creatures without love. They've all love something, even if it's just one other person."
    "I never said I believed it... But all the same, I'm not sure loving just one person is enough. It's too small a world."
    "Yup! Even Azula wasn't half as nice until she decided to be my big sister!"
    "...I'm trying to imagine a less nice form of Azula..."
    "TERRIFYING, ISN'T IT?"
    "She was really scary!"
    "I was...!"
    She glances up at me. I shrug.
    "Perhaps a little harsh... And certainly, I'm glad to be your sister, Rya."
    "Yaaay!"
    They hug.
    I turn my head and smile, thinking about sisters.

'be careful what you intend to do,' huh? I don't know what to do. I'd spent so long hoping for her back...
    If I wished she was someone else's sister, then she'd still be alive because she'd have never even met my dad, right?
    ...Would that even work that way?
    ...But then all the memories we have... Wouldn't be true. I'd have never become a trainer.
    I'd have never made all these good friends...

I sigh and rub my head.

"....Wait. I have a sudden sense..."
    "Mistress?!"
    "That there is free stuff I missed out on! To 4 island!"
    *facepalm*

This poses an obstacle.
    "You're not shackling me with that again."
    "WHAT ABOUT CHUN LI? I... WOULD LIKE IT IF YOU RECOGNIZED HER WORTH."
    Man, pokemon in love...
    "Yeah, that sounds like a good plan."
    "Of course, I am happy to serve."
    "Great, so we'll just use this HM and...
    "My moveset is flawless. It was refined by my beloved."
    "And me!"
    "...All the same..."
    "DON'T BE DIFFICULT. I RECCOMENDED YOU FOR THIS."
    "Really? You don't think such a weak move... Would suit me?"
    "YOUR TECHNIQUE BRINGS BEAUTY TO ALL YOUR MOVES."
    ...This is vaguely uncomfortable. I think it's because neither of them are actually emoting.
    "Anyway, HM time."

"I will use this well, of course."
    "Let's just go break some rocks."

You know, I'm a little worried holding on all these star pieces. I mean, how do I know they came from stars? Why are all these stars coming apart?
    "Well, good work. I'm off to check up on things here."

"That's good."

"....Whut."

"What?!"
    "It's hardly startling. There are times when the energies combine and..."
    "I don't need to hear the pidgeys and the beedrils, OK?"
    "But this is an Articuno and a Ditto!"
    "Pokemon born into this world are generally less mature than pokemon born in the other world who come here, such as myself or FISTICUFFS."
    "Oh...So like Rya?"
    "I'm not immature!"
    "Awww, but I thought you're my little soldier of love."
    "I can be both!"
    "...Whatever you say, sweetie."

I guess I better go pick Articuno up...

You know...A normal person gets an odd result once and says it's odd...
    But I'm hardly normal...

FOR SCIENCE!

"I think I need a cigarette."
    "Here, have a 'it's an egg' bubblegum cigar instead!"
    "Thank you, little mor...ChuChu."

Mission: Oddly successful.

"Anyway, I guess we better get back to Five Island; Five Island, and that meadow!

That Meadow with a job for Mellow.

"What's that thing you got there, Miss Seed?"
    "Oh, it's an egg."
    "Oh, I see...RaIsInG mOrE aNtI-mUsHrOoM fOrCeS?"
    "Hardly. I just hope I can take good care of it.."
    "LiEs. AnD sTaTiStIcS."
    "Now! You stop right there, Mellow! She cares about things, and you know it! She... She even said she'd be sad, sacrificing you for the good of her people! You...You didn't feel sad about sacrificing me! Would you feel bad about sacrificing her for your cause?"

Mellow is, on all fronts, silent; I think that the pokemon was shocked that she would stand up to the fungus like that. I can never judge what's in other-Mellow's heart.

"Mellow?"

"...On it."

Ooh, a max potion. That's much better than drama.

Oh, god, creature of my nightmares!
    ...Ok, not really.

"So that's where you guys are hiding! I'm afraid you're going down!"

...Ok, seriously? That's sad. There's no reason for this.

None.

"Well, let's switch things up."
    Since I don't have space for everyone with the egg and Mellow and all...

Ok, marginally better.

Much better. But still kind of doomed.

"Apparently.

Awww... I wish I had met these guys earlier in my journey!

And here we go again.

"Mellow, if you would?"

"...UnFoRgIvAbLe."
    "What? Are you on me about this again? Listen -- you tried to take over my mind and world, not to mention literally destroying poor poke-Mellow!"
    "ExAcTlY. i MaDe An AlLy InTo An EnEmY. tHe ExTrEmItY oF mY pLaNs HuRt My FeLlOw FuNgI. I mUsT dO sOmEtHiNg."
    What do I say? Is she being sincere? What should I sugge-
    "Why don't you just start over? I bet Miss Seed would forgive you, if you tried again."
    "It'd have to earn my trust... But..."
    "HoW dO i StArT oVer?"
    "Well, I think most people start a relationship by introducing themselves. Hi, I'm Mellow. And you are?"
    "I aM...aLsO MeLlOw."

"And I'm Seed. Would you like to be my pokemon, Mellow and Mellow?"
    "Yes, please!"
    "I hOpE tHaT, wHiLe YoU aRe QuItE fLeShY aNd MaDe Of MeAt, ThAt We MiGhT bE aLlIeS."

"I hope so, too. But just for the record, no 'party hats.'"
    They nod.

I think, at last, Mellow has truly and fully joined my party.

"Yes, I know... But someone has to keep putting a stop to this."
    "Stopping a better future is always a waste of time!"
    "Better for who?"
    "Does it matter? It's my duty as a human to fight for a better future for myself! Either you don't understand why you'll always lose, or you're one of the people who profit from everyone's loss! But I won't -- I'll take a third option!"
    That rhetoric only works if you're not causing suffering to others...

I wonder if there's a limited list of Team Rocket pokemon...

All signs point to 'yes.' Like a company mandate.

...It's not that I don't sympathize. Everything I've seen points to something being really, really wrong here...But...

"Evil smashin'. Same-old, same old."

"Yaaay, level-up!"
    "Yaaay!"

"Yeah, well... Nothing's what it's supposed to be."

"A person can't just worry about their own sake."

"Which is a dumb password, by the way. Well, let's try Swordfish."

What, it's not Swordfish? TVtropes has lied to me!
    "Life isn't the internet, you know."
    "You lie."
    "You assume. What if we're all just points of data, thinking we're alive?"
    "...No, I definately feel like a real thing. Don't be silly."
    "I do my best..."
    "Sometimes you just can't win."

This meadow is muoy dissapoint, by the way.

Hey, free stuff! That makes me feel better somehow!

And a battle with a bird-brain. That makes me feel worse, somehow.

...Why?

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE BEAKS!
    NO. BEAKS. YOU ARE WRONG.

I bet no one remembers you.

Now, see, that's more of a valid theory. But T.H. White disagrees, so you must be wrong.

Ok, Bird-Brain's lost it.
    ...I wonder what sort of bird will hatch out of this egg I'm carrying...

What.
    Why down? Seriously. What about the strongest birds being beast of foot? Talons = wicked awesome.

...Well, she's new. And pretty cute. Johto's native pokemon are kind of a mixed bag, aren't they?

That. Is such. An Azula face!"
    "...It kinda is like that..."
    I mutter, surpressing a chuckle.
    "My face is nothing like that! My face has dignity!...And also it's much cuter."

Oh my god. It's a giant rock.

...Jewel...
    "I lost mine, too... It was my own fault. I was just being stupid. What was TECTONIX like?"
    "Really brave...Sometimes, I wish I could have known what he really thought of me."
    "Even mindreaders have that wish."
    "I bet I can guess what you're thinking; you're thinking about my great body."
    "Nope, that's me!"
    "Rats! Foiled!"
    They all laugh.

"They seem to be happy."
    "Yeah, they do...Are you sad that you don't have someone?"
    "Mistress...Seed... I have you. That's enough for me. That I met you is an unexpected blessing."
    "...Likewise."
    To meet a pokemon like this...A friend who's so loyal to you...

I know you're thinking I'm just gonna be a klepto and take it.
    Well, you're a horrible person for thinking that.

Man, I have a lot to think about.

Hey, free stuff! Coolbeans! Why have thoughts when you can have free stuff?

I decide to check out the water labrynth. And apparently it's just a really confusing stretch of water.

This island raises my hopes and then dashes them beautifully.

Ooh, a resort!

...This is not a resort. This is another giant rock.

What.

Oh, she's painting the water! Spiffy. I wonder what sort of pokemon a painter has – maybe something beauty-obsessed, like Pixie?

AWLOOKITTHELITTLEBERET THAT IS SO CYUTE!
    I mean...
    I am a totally dignified adult-type person.

I eventually find an island that’s more my style.

Well, maybe I must!
    (

Nah, this line just looks kind of wierd.

"ALL BATTLES ARE PLEASURABLE! BATTLE IS PLEASURE!"

This 'resort' just appears to be a bunch of people wanting to fight me. Well, maybe we can stay the night...

"The shorts are my secret."
    I totally thought I was done with this!

"You mean, with your pokemon's hands, right?"
    Because we just sort of point and shout. Minimal victory-creating, there.

Hey, something faster than FISTICUFFS!
    "I HAVE DISHONORED MY FAMILY."
    "Don't you dare go and commit honorable suicide! Get away from that katana!"
    "But FISTI, don't you not have family? Aren't you forged from pure violence?"
    "... ... I KNEW THAT."

Woot, level!

"Woops, sorry."

"Then stop deliberately looking at me!"

"Who's Gillian?"
    "That lady behind you."

"Oh, I think that'd be neat."
    "DOOO EEET!"

Awww....

So that's what being on the recieving end is like.

Yay!

Aww, how cute...I guess everyone does love Flaafy...

Why is this resort...Completely empty?
    Well, I can stay here the night if I feel like it.
    "I want to braid some of those flowers into Azula's hair!"
    "Why does everyone want that?"
    "It would be adorable, that's why. And hilarious."

Good for you.

Winning fights agrees with me. But your selection of pokemon does not.

Well, looks like there's still more to explore. But that can wait until morning.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder what'll happen when the Arcticuno egg hatches?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

More delays. I'm really sorry...

But today I was putting the chapter together and realized that the last part I wrote wasn't saved to the computer I'm at. Rage-quit shall ensue for a little while.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)