New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: More Moe Is Needed: Let's Play Moemon: LeafGreen, Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Nice ending. I would like to suggest that you use the legendaries against Mewtwo. It could be interesting to see that showdown I have to admit I've always felt sorta bad for Beau in this story since I knew that defeating him would be easy. At least you cut out the part where Oak lectures him.
    I had to cut that bit out; I just didn't feel it worked with the characters as they've been established... And because it's such a jerk move from Oak that it's always surprised me.

Meanwhile, I've always sort of imagined the final fight against Mewtwo as being Azula vs Mewtwo: there's a sort of symmetry in that that I like very, very much... But I'll think about it.

There were a few moments where I started getting worried throughout the whole sequence... But we're more-or-less in the clear at this point. That was basically the last place where a "game over" by way of party-whipe is really possible, all things considered.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-08-21 at 02:28 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water_and_Wind View Post
    *REDACTED*

I am a slowpoke.jpg.

Congratulations on making champion!

*applauds*

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    ...Damn am I the only one who was worried for Rya when she was hit with the Future Sight? It felt really close...

Cograts Deme, this chapter was even more awesome than the usual, take your break (you deserve it) and have fun in the con, we will be here waiting to read the next big adventure.

Water_and_Wind:
    ....:speechless: <- we totally need that emote.
    You were not, I felt a little tense myself. Shoulda used Return, kill him with the power of love. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Nice ending. I would like to suggest that you use the legendaries against Mewtwo. It could be interesting to see that showdown I have to admit I've always felt sorta bad for Beau in this story since I knew that defeating him would be easy. At least you cut out the part where Oak lectures him.
    Eh, personally I would have replaced the cut part with something else. It felt a little rushed as it was. But that's mostly a problem with Oak's in-game dialogue. (He does strike me as a bit loopy in the head.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aw, poor Beau.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Picture is awesome.

I imagine Terra vs. Mewtwo, just because Mewtwo is a sort of perversion of the Pokemon "religion", and Terra is all about thoughtful philosophy. Or have I been misunderstanding when they mention Mewtwo?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As much as I have loved this series as a whole, these last 4 disappointed me for some reason. Part of the fun in a Nuzlocke is watching people die. Oh well, good job regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    As much as I have loved this series as a whole, these last 4 disappointed me for some reason. Part of the fun in a Nuzlocke is watching people die. Oh well, good job regardless.
    I, for one, am quite happy that she didn't lose anyone. (Other than Jewel, that is. Poor Jewel.)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I've been waiting for someone important to die. For, like, ever. I've always suspected it'd be Rya if anyone. I am both happy and sad that hasn't happened...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I am glad no one died in E4.
    Fire emblem mug shop - Let me know if you set up a fire emblem game.
    My deviantart

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am forced to agree, The Elite Four is supposed to be a gauntlet, and I think healing between battles sort of goes against the spirit of the competition. Healing during battles less so. As much as Seed has faced during this entire journey, she really hasn't had a great personal loss in terms of her companions. I love this LP, don't get me wrong, but all the healing and level grinding just sort of felt... hollow. It turned a legitimate challenge, the E4, into a breeze.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

If you felt that way about healing/grinding, you should have said something when I was asking you guys for levels or healing item stocks. Even *I* disagreed with the sheer amount of healing items I brought along, but "bring loads of heals" was the request I got from you guys. The level was the level I heard from you guys. The movesets and team were movesets and team I heard from you guys, and the events were as they unfolded in the game itself.

I can understand the dissapointment, but there's a point at which I can only say that I refuse to intentionally kill someone off for drama. And it's not because I'm terribly soft-hearted; I've been waiting for someone to die for a pretty long time now, and have been mentally 'calling' it since the start of the game. But because I feel there has to be a certain degree of authenticity in my gameplay, or else there's no point in this being an LP. Which means that gameplay-oriented events need to either come from my own authentic playstyle, the game's programming, or the reader input. There's really only been one exception to that, and I asked the readers beforehand if I should do such a thing.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-08-23 at 03:38 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    I am forced to agree, The Elite Four is supposed to be a gauntlet, and I think healing between battles sort of goes against the spirit of the competition. Healing during battles less so.
    I'm sorry, but I honestly think this is the dumbest (Pokemon-related) thing I've heard in ages. There's a break between battles for a reason, specifically so you can heal up.

As much as Seed has faced during this entire journey, she really hasn't had a great personal loss in terms of her companions. I love this LP, don't get me wrong, but all the healing and level grinding just sort of felt... hollow. It turned a legitimate challenge, the E4, into a breeze.
    I will agree that the E4 seemed a bit too easy, but that's our fault, the voters'. We're the one who told her to grind up to this level because we were afraid someone would die. And I, personally, am very glad nobody died. I would have been very sad.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

I will agree that the E4 seemed a bit too easy, but that's our fault, the voters'. We're the one who told her to grind up to this level because we were afraid someone would die. And I, personally, am very glad nobody died. I would have been very sad.
    Very much agreed. I'm glad I'm not the odd one out for not wanting anybody to die.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Also, for the record... I was legitimately expecting this to be much harder going into it, and at basically every step after going into it. I was expecting someone to die. Sorry for dissapointing so many of you, though.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Also, for the record... I was legitimately expecting this to be much harder going into it, and at basically every step after going into it. I was expecting someone to die. Sorry for disappointing so many of you, though.
    Hey, we have no legitimate reason to complain. You're providing us with an awesome LP, and it's mostly by sheer luck only one pokemon has died so far. And if anybody has a problem with it, then they should have voted / voted differently.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-08-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Hooold it right there! They have a totally legit reason to be dissapointed: things didn't go the way they would have liked. That's what being dissapointed was invented for. I'm just asking that they not be mad at me, and maybe remember to vote next time they have an opinion on how this game should be played, instead of bringing it up when it's too late and getting me feeling like I need to defend myself. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they need to go clop themselves, and I don't even know what that means. That sounds like fightin' words, and I won't be having with that in this thread.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-08-23 at 04:36 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes. *ahem* I used the wrong words by mistake. I meant that we have no reason to complain. Being disappointed is perfectly find. ^^;
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm sorry, but I honestly think this is the dumbest (Pokemon-related) thing I've heard in ages.
    Thank you for sharing.

There's a break between battles for a reason, specifically so you can heal up.
    Something existing and letting you use it doesn't mean that it can't go against the spirit of the game. I feel like between-battle healing in the E4, especially in a Nuzlocke, feels sort of odd.

I'm sorry, I didn't recall there being a vote for level. I would have been sad too.

_/ _/ _/

The main problem is how much the E4 was hyped up in the story only for it to turn out to be a cakewalk. This is an example of the story of the LP not staying true to the content. Granted, this is mainly because Deme writes the chapters, I assume, after she finishes each segment of gameplay; she had no clue of the result of the E4 when she wrote the previous chapters. If, separate from the screenshots Deme described a tough struggle then there wouldn't be such an issue (and the earlier hype would have made more sense.)

_/ _/ _/

This is all coming across not at all how I wanted it to. I love the story, I love the characters, I love the game. This section of the LP, just this one, really, just felt a lot weaker.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry, I didn't recall there being a vote for level. I would have been sad too.

_/ _/ _/

The main problem is how much the E4 was hyped up in the story only for it to turn out to be a cakewalk. This is an example of the story of the LP not staying true to the content. Granted, this is mainly because Deme writes the chapters, I assume, after she finishes each segment of gameplay; she had no clue of the result of the E4 when she wrote the previous chapters. If, separate from the screenshots Deme described a tough struggle then there wouldn't be such an issue (and the earlier hype would have made more sense.)

_/ _/ _/

This is all coming across not at all how I wanted it to. I love the story, I love the characters, I love the game. This section of the LP, just this one, really, just felt a lot weaker.
    I think a lot of people missed both the level and the item-load votes, since I didn't hear a lot of feedback there.

Actually, I write *as* I play, so...Not only did I not know how easy it would be while writing previous chapters, I didn't know while I was writing the elite chapters, either, until it had already happened. This is probably not the wisest way to do this, and I have major story beats planned out give-or-take... But it works most of the time: I'd forget what happened if I only had screenshots to go by. This means that anytime Seed goes "...uhh...That was easy..." she actually is chanelling me for a minute as I go "...That was easy..."

I've found the difficulty level of the whole game depressing, and I've only ground the team itself only 3-4 times, all but 1 near the beginning, so I'm a little let down. And this is rare: I don't actually enjoy added difficulty very much. I play most games on 'easy' because I'm mainly in it for non-gameplay type elements.
    But this has been easier than my actual, non-Nuzlocke pokemon playthroughs of the first 2 gens and SoulSilver. Maybe Fire Red is too easy...But I think it more has to do with the fact that I'm not playing pure nuzlocke, and never really wanted to, either. I wanted the Nuzlocke elements for story reasons, not difficulty ones. That said... Having an actual choice of pokemon, and having voters picking the best usually, adds a lot of power. Bear that in mind, people who want some of the fun of Nuzlocke without being too serious about it.

I tried, and I guess failed, to balance the difficulty I wished it was with the difficulty it actually was, with what I feel is always slightly more relevant, the emotional content of the moment. And if I failed on building that last part, then I've no excuse and nothing but the most heart-felt apologies. I can't say, since I feel like I've failed or just not done good enough every chapter.

Also, I have no ideas what those little backwards Ls mean, but I dig them.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-08-25 at 05:24 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You actually did do a lot of grinding, though, making sure that everyone was around level 50 before fighting Giovanni and around level 60 before fighting the E4. The fights are a lot more interesting if your best 'mons are around 48-52 by the time you enter the E4 marathon.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, fair enough with that. I totally forgot about the pre-Giovanni grinding, which was of my own volition as opposed to a 'vote for the level' thing. Maybe I should have done it differently... Eh, well. No timetravel for me.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-08-25 at 06:18 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

All I'm going to throw in: Unlike many Pokemon LPs I've read, each and every one of Deme's Pokemon had intriguing backstories and goals, and I would much rather see every single one of them survive than see "Hey, look, it must be hard, everybody's dead." No, I don't mind a so-called lack of difficulty if it means that all of these lovable characters make it through to the end.

(Except Jewel, but that couldn't be helped)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

...I just can't win.

Basically, odds are good I'm not gonna have internet this weekend, due to a tropical storm and my parents wanting to go elsewhere, where the internet is hair-pullingly bad. Or stay here and not have power. So there's a chance there won't be a chapter up until Tuesday.

I just want to curl into a ball and not move for a while.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

DON"T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!

and take your time. we can wait.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, take as long as you want. We can wait.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Your safety comes before the entertainment provided. We'll still be here when whatever blows over.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I just want to curl into a ball and not move for a while.
    Do you think it's bad that this statement makes me just want to hold and protect you?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

I am so glad I had my shipping goggles turned off just then.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Your safety comes before the entertainment provided. We'll still be here when whatever blows over.
    Or up

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    http://youtu.be/fR7EAdPUqvQ

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Do you think it's bad that this statement makes me just want to hold and protect you?
    No, not at all. I'm a little surprised, though: when I said we needed more moe, I didn't expect that I'd be helping that, heh-heh...

And don't worry too much about me... I mainly meant that I am tired and stress and kind of just want to hibernate somewhere for a while. Which, since it looks like we're not going anywhere, I may just do a bit of.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

I was just reading chapter 16, where Azula said that it was the cute costume ("raiments")that gave her her form. So... if Seed wore a magic cute costume, then she would look like a Pokemon too? That would be really cute.

Oops, I used the word "cute" four times...