A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation: Dueling Pantheons IC One

At the start of all there was nothing, a vast and empty place that was neither vast nor empty as the concepts for each did not exist. It was silent without being silent and peaceful without being peaceful and it remained in this state until it was changed, for there was no way to measure the distance of time before the event transpired. But the serene and implacable Mu was disrupted as if a ripple on the surface of a lake and with a single motion that Mu expanded into glorious colors and shapes to the sounds of the universes birth. Aman-Rul was born then from nothing and was the nothing before time, he was the first and the only in the colors and sound. Aman-Rul looked about at the creation it found itself in and knew that its chaos needed order in equal measure.

And Aman-Rul divided the heavens and the earth with a single act, creating a single orb in the expanse that was in fact himself. He filled this world with possibility and let it spin as he dreamd. But his dreams were filled with nothing and this grew wearying to himself, and so he created on the surface of the world two men and two women and called them Gods. And for a time such things went as he wished but the gods started to war against themselves and to destroy the world they were creatd to protect and this angered him greatly. And as he rose from his eternal dreaming he struck the earth and all upon it so that they would cease their destruction.

But it was not his way to keep things as such, and from the corpses of the fallen he birthed fourth four children each to carry on the legacy of their fathers and mothers. Even he though could not wipe the hate from the bones of the Progenitors, even he could not clean what had been tainted by Godly anger. And it was thus that the four and four were born to Him, The Creator Aman-Rul and the Goddesses of Beauty and the Gods of Valor. But from this act came more, created by Aman-Rul himself, for they would act as none before could, against the creation they were created for.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Dueling Pantheons IC One

From The Ventus Scrolls
    When mighty Ichish were spawned from the hand of Aman-Rul, he was floating in the aether. And he saw that he was meant to float on the winds, so he went into the world, and he created a big landmass in the corner of the sea. And in the middle of this land he created a mountain so huge it rose into the heavens, and he called it the Ventus Mons. And on the land and the mountain he created a desert so barren, nothing could live there. But on the mountaintop there was snow.

And he sat on the mountaintop which was in the skies, and he fanned the winds with his fan.

And he also created a series of many islands around his land, and he called them the Ventus Fructus. And on half of them he created a lush jungle, and on the others a fertile farmland.

And in the mountain's desert he set the winds themselves to guard it safely.

And on the biggest island he set a mysterious contraption, carved from wood and with a billowing sheet of skin, and it was the first boat.

And he set loose on the wind a thousand different beings, that we know as birds

And in the skies he placed a gargantuan creature, who would guard the skies for all eternity, and he called it Cloud

And finally he created on the sea a creature as a sign of his friendship with the sea lord, Artreus, and he called it wave.

And he blew the winds from his mountaintop, and he floated on them, but he sat also on the mountaintop.

AP expenditure fro Ichish:
    Spoiler
    Show

0 = 20 - 3(beget Na) - 1 (Create Land, the mountainland) -1(mold land, the mountain and the desert), -1(create land, the islands) -1 (mold land, the islands) - 2 Create Plane(The Skies of the Zephyr) -2 create portal(on the mountaintop) -2 Divine Creation(The Wind Elementals) -1 create creature(Birds) -2 Divine Creation(The Boat[It's a magic boat!]) -2 Divine Creation(The Cloud[which is an awesome magic cloud]) -2 Divine Creation(the wave, ditto)

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will put Na's actions later
    Last edited by AyeGill; 2011-04-24 at 03:33 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for the awesome Warforged Artificer Avatar.

The Engineer: a master of mechanical, uh, mastery. Robots and stuff.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gareth awoke, and the first thing he noticed was the silence. There was no noise where he was. It was deafening. The silence was driving the god crazy. So he began to whistle. A beautiful tune began to escape his lips as he looked around.

He now noticed what his brother was up to. He saw the land he had made, and the creatures upon it. He knew what he needed to do. He approached his brother, whistling the whole way. As he approached, he stopped, and asked "brother, you have created creatures of great beauty, but they have no voices. Perhaps I could give them a gift, so that they may take it everywhere."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gareth would like to give the birds [and the world] the gift of music
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-04-24 at 03:46 AM.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

4. - Top - End - #4

With his brothers blessing, Gareth let lose a beautiful tune, whistling into his brother's wind, teaching the birds to sing, and to carry their tunes all over the land.

After he had taught the birds to sing, Gareth had an idea. He too would add to this new land being created. He pulled out a gleaming trumpet, and a pure note let forth. As it did, a large land mass appeared, with enough water between it and Icish's island to give him privacy. The land was quickly covered with small, grass covered hills, and a large forest leading to a large Mountain range covered in snow. Beneath the mountain, Gareth placed gems of all sizes and colors, and various metals that pleased him.

As Gareth viewed this landmass, he noticed it too was quiet. So he made creatures to populate it. Small animals to dig through the soil, and move among the trees. And he gave them voices, so they could sing the songs of the forest.

Spent AP
    Spoiler
    Show

12=20-2 (Divine Creation: Music)-2 (Create Land)-1 (Create Forest and Plains)-1(Create Mountains and Precious Metals and Gems)-1 (Create creature-Rodentia)-3 (Create Portal)
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-04-28 at 09:14 PM.

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Luciverta stretched. His muscles hadn't a bit of tension but the act gave him some idea on his forms limits.
    'Things are happening already I see", he mused. 'All this creation. How can I do similar? Is there a way I can brighten things up? Share my brilliance to all? Perhaps... Lets try a few things.'

Luciverta put some distance between himself and the quickly changing land below. He stared out into the void and pulled a part of himself into physical being. His creation was immense and spilled light onto the world below him. Luciverta smiled. But as he watched and thought, his smile fell and a frown replaced it. 'There's only light reaching one side. But my creation which I'll call Gul, is splendid indeed.' Once again pulling on his powers he created another sun on the opposite side of the world. This he called Lug.

Smiling again, he watched for a moment to see the effect his gifts would have on things below.

Spoiler
    Show

Create - Land 1
    20 - 1 = 19 left
    Last edited by Garthstus; 2011-04-24 at 12:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

From the Dark Books

Aman-Rul created the world and the gods. But his world was filled with darkness and emptiness. And Vu sat in the dark spaces, and he saw nothing. And he was filled with sadness.

Vu watched as the gods shaped the world, and created caves and mountains, and filled them with secrets and treasures. And Vu sat in the dark spaces, and coveted their secrets. But he could not see them in the darkness.

There was a god called Luciverta, who was Vu's brother. And Luciverta spoke, and light appeared in the sky. And it was called Gul. And Vu blinked, and saw all the world's secrets. But as he saw them, he knew they were secrets no more. And he was filled with sadness.

The world spun, and it happened that Gul's light no longer fell on the world. And Vu rejoiced, knowing that his secrets were secrets once again. But Luciverta created another light, which he called Lug. And there was no dark spaces anywhere for Vu to hide his secrets. And he was angered.

Vu bounced through interplanar space, looking for his counterpart. There was no space here and so no physical forms, but if there had been, Vu's would have been shaking in anger. Vu quickly found the mind he was looking for, looking serenely at his own handiwork. Vu stormed up to him.

"Luciverta, what do you think you're doing? You've just given this world two suns!"

Then he paused, and realised how idiotic that sounded. He collected himself - this was no way to behave in front of his brother. Emotions should not be allowed to control him like that. He tried again, more calmly.

"Sorry. It just seems like a bad idea to me. It's a improvement over eternal darkness, certainly, but temporary darkness has its uses. Let me see... It provides a basic unit of time, it lets people to make their own light, it lets a greater variety of animals flourish, it determines a time to rest... I won't pretend I don't like the darkness on its own terms, but there are other reasons to change things."

Vu thought for a moment. "Insects! Think of insects. If you make a light, you get moths that fly towards the light. That's good. But if you make darkness, you get fireflies that make their own light. That's better, isn't it? Surely?"

"We don't have to destroy Lug or anything. We could just make it dimmer. Or... we could move it to a different place in the sky, so that there are times when both suns are up and times when they're both down. What do you think?"

AP:20

7. - Top - End - #7

Upon seeing what his brothers had created, Cathan adds to it, making a land of volcanoes, caves and mountains, with one immense volcano in the centre. Here, the future people of the world could obtain the fire and heat neccessary for industry, for taking the gifts that his brother Gareth bestowed upon the world and making them into tools, into weapons, to develop. They could also get certain types of stone, formed from the lava that flows here. He then takes some of his own elemental power, forming them into physical forms, that he sends to the new land. They will watch over this land, protect it, and teach those that come after the secrets of flame and lava. He also makes two structures out of flame, lava and obsidian - one near the edge of the new land, facing towards his brothers' land, the other in the centre of the land, in a large cave in the huge volcano, sheltered from the lava that may come from it. In each of those two structures, he makes a portal, linking the two structures. Here, the people could easily get into the land. In the structure by the edge of his land, he makes a new being, a canine, yet somewhat humanoid, being created out of lava and obsidian. This creation, Ulfreldr, will protect the structures, defending it from those that Cathan doesn't think should have use of the land.

He then goes to his brother, Gareth, and asks "Would you give your gift of metals and gems to the land I have created? We can start to build the foundations that those who will reside in our land will need to grow and develop past using wood and stone. Especially near the centre, near my structure. That will be where the people will come from."

Spoiler
    Show

5AP=20AP - 2 (Create land) - 1 (Mold land - creating volcanoes and mountains) - 2 (Create Creature - fire and lava elementals) - 10 (5 Divine Creations - two buildings out of lava, fire and obsidian, a pair of portals that link together, and Ulfreldr)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Semta sat in space oblivious to the changing world behind him until Gul was created and light flew past him. So he turned and watched Gul for an undetermined amount of time till he noticed the light of Lug crossing in front of him. Upon tuning to see Lug Semta finally saw the world and quickly proceeded to do absolutely nothing to change it.

Instead he tried to recreate what its surface looked like in his mind, and it leaked out creating a landscape that most normal people would recognize as not normal. He called it puɐן (Perfectly Usual Earthly Lookalike). From there he continued to watch the world take shape.

Spoiler
    Show
    18 = 20 -2(create plane: puɐן, can be written as puel)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Robichaux waited, watching the flurry of creation. Islands, deserts, mountains, all boring things to him. He wanted movement, unpredictability. And so, he resolved to have it.

Away from where the other gods were creating, Robichaux created a cloud. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, the cloud began to grow until it covered several miles of ocean in every direction. Still not content, Robichaux darkened it in spots, creating sections of storms. And, for effect, Robichaux made the great mass spin. Parts drifted off, going in whatever direction they pleased, bringing fog, wind, rain, and lightning until they exhausted themselves.

Robichaux was content. He had created a serene maelstrom of clouds, rain, wind, and lightning that would give birth to storms and weather of all kinds. He had brought movement and unpredictability to the world, even if it was only a little.

Spoiler
    Show
    18 AP=20-2 (Divine Creation: The Eternal Storm)

10. - Top - End - #10

It stirred as the heavens were rent and the old Gods were slain and made anew in flesh. It had not existed then but it did now though it did not know what this meant. It spied the actions of its fellow Gods and it grinned, for their works were solid yet oh so frail. It was jealous of the God’s creations for he did not know how to do as they did, only mimic as he tried to rail against all he saw. But his silence was short lived and he made like a slithering thing to the sides of Vu like a many fingered hand of darkness and in his mind it whispered forth.

“Your bother has made light all over the world and you show him respect…change one of his precious creations to suit your needs…and tell him it is merely the way of things. A brotherly aid and nothing more. Nothing more between you.”

And but a whisper, ever a whisper the twisted God-Shadow spiraled back into a place between the planes and the mortal world and the space they lived in and it dwelled there with a snicker as it thought on the many seeds it would plant. But it would have to be wise, very wise, to walk between the Pantheons as a friend and ally. How to trick them and trap them so they each would fall and all their works would be his…it would take time, more time then he had at the moment for sure but he would have it then and soon enough if anything were to tip the scales his way.

Create God: The Whisper -3
    Create Plane: The Twilight Expanse -2
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Luciverta turned his sibling. "There can be secrets in light. As well there are yet many places my gift hasn't reached." His eyes searched as he said this as if looking for his next place to brighten. "I meant nothing against you brother, and will gladly pause my actions if you'd like to discuss a mutually beneficial course of action."

Spoiler
    Show

19 AP

12. - Top - End - #12

Gareth smiled at his brother Cathan's creations, and replied

I would gladly give you some of the metals and gems I have created. They are beautiful and beauty should be shared with everyone

Gareth once more raised his trumpet to his lips and let forth a clear note of unrivaled purity. As the music traveled throughout the air and into the mountains Cathan had made, Gems and Metals of all sorts appeared scattered throughout his mountains.

Once that was done, Gareth looked at the creations of his brothers, and noticed the prescence of their helpers, and he thought that he too needed someone to help take care of this land he had created. He began taking a tree from the forest he had created, and giving it a shape that allowed for manipulation of objects, and legs to allow it to move throughout the land. He decided to name him Ent.

Spoiler
    Show

AP
    8=12-3 (Beget Ent)-1 (Create Gems and Metals x2)
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-04-28 at 09:15 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Chemoch watched as his fellow gods shaped the world according to their own whims and natures, a silent arbiter who had domain over the newfound birds when they were dashed against the rocks, or swallowed by the sea. Wasteful, purposeless, the birds could not even begin to consume the grains and the plants which died and decayed.

It would not do.

With a wave of his staff, and a gesture of his hand, Chemoch rose a new land. Large and fertile, it was situated far from his fellow's islands. Next he created new creatures, to prey on the plants that grew so bountifully, and others to prey on the unwary birds and slowest beasts. In this way, he brought purpose to the land.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ap Expenditure 20
    1- Create Land- Large plain in the middle of the ocean
    1- Mold Land- Into a rolling and fertile land
    1- Nourish Land
    1- Create Creature- Wild Herbivores- Rabbits/Deer/Goats etc.
    1- Create Creature- Carnivores- Big Cats, Wolves, Foxes

15 left

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

From The Tablets of Reflections

And so it was that Artreus looked upon the world and its creations. The chaos of it all. The Eternal Storm of Robichaux, Lug and Gul of Luciverta, the puɐן of Semta, and all the other creations. It saddened him to see that nowhere was there to simply sit and think and enjoy simple, peaceful, serenity, a side of creation none of the other gods seemed quite as interested in. It was from this thought that he created His own lands from a single drop onto the ocean, as from this drop onto the water, and much like the ripples of a droplet, rolled land lush, green, forested, and hilly, filled with calm, placid lakes and quiet, roaming rivers. Artreus decided to name this land Aequus. After this, he then filled the water, both of the sea and water of land, of creatures big and small, as to help fill the emptiness of the oceans. As to why, Artrues, Lord of Thought, quite simply felt that it would help to create a more complete world, thinking ahead of the mortals that may someday inhabit it.

Spoiler
    Show
    17=20 -1(Create Land - Aequus (a bit north-east of Cathan's land)) -1(Mold Land - Lakes and Rivers) -1(Create Creature - Water Animals)
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Vu hesitated for a moment. He'd sensed a presence, heard it speak to him. Yet he couldn't tell where it had come from or where it had gone. Its voice was not one he recognised either. Vu smiled to himself. Perhaps an ally to recruit, or at least a resource to exploit. A mystery to solve, certainly.

He turned his attention back to Luciverta. "I don't mean to quarrel, but there is much to do and little time to do it in. We shall continue our conversation later. For now, I will leave with this." Vu exerted his power, moving Lug so that it orbited closely around Gul. It dimmed a little, too. Now the world had two suns, but both rose and set at the same time. It occurred to Vu that the eclipses would be worth seeing. "You can change it back if you want. I have to go now, though. I'll see you later, brother."

Vu cast out his senses to find the Whisper, but it was either hidden or too far away. No matter; he could be patient. For now, a world was being built, and he had work to do.

First, he was growing tired of being incorporeal. Perhaps he would learn to enjoy it as his power increased, but for now he decided he would need a plane in which he could manifest safely.

From the Dark Books

And so Vu made for himself a home. He made a space first, and placed grey islands in it. And the islands flew into the air, and moved about one another, so that no map can be drawn of the space. And Vu filled the space with mist, to hide what was in plain sight. And the mist shone with an inner light, to reveal what was hidden away. And Vu created a dwelling on an island, and rested awhile. And he called this place the Shifting Mists.

And it came to pass that Vu sat in the darkness of the night, and found it too dark for his taste. So he tore a hole in the sky, through which the swirling light of the Shifting Mists could be seen. And it was a dim light, which gave the world shape but no colour. And this pleased Vu greatly.

Spoiler
    Show
    15=
    20 AP
    -1 Mold Land (moving the Sun)
    -2 Create Plane (the Shifting Mists, with a discount applied)
    -2 Create Portal (yes, the Moon is literally a portal to the Shifting Mists)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Luciverta watched his brother move his creations with a bit of anger. But he never let the emotion show. 'There are other ways to achieve my goals...'

"Fair enough. If he wants to mess with my gifts to the world. I'll let his slight pass for one time only." Giving some thought to this matter at hand a few subtle ideas occurred.
    First he flung out his hand and tossed a fine sparkling dust upon the world. But instead of dust, small creatures of light scattered around the land. Enough to shed light into the small places that his suns couldn't reach.

Spoiler
    Show

19 to start
    -1 Create Creature - Sparkles
    18 AP left

17. - Top - End - #17

Sai'Yang: Abounds

Sai'Yang continued to watch from that dark space, taking it's name for itself from the words the other Gods had woven. In time it would reveal itself but for now the latent hate that yet lingered in their forms, his very birthing existence, was more then enough to amuse him. He coiled out much like dark smoke into that space though hid from the light for it was the Sun God he wished to addle now.

"Brother has committed a crime against you...surely a noble man like yourself cannot yet let that pass...no...cannot let it pass. If over such a simple thing he defied your will...what will he do when things much larger in scope break down."

His movement was fleeting and before a breath could be drawn he flitted back deep into the Twilight, laughing as the Moon tried to hunt for him. He would not be found, not yet.

The Whisper

The Whisper echoed it's creators words and for a time it lay dormant on the Mortal Plane, but in time it found other voices, other songs ringing forth and it sought them in silence as it hid to in the dark spaces. It whispered in hushed tones to the elementals to rebel and they were taken with madness unknown before. They were driven insane by the constant whisper, the constant sounds of silk on silk and the ever present feeling that would never leave them until they were destroyed.

And while they did not work in harmony as before, they spread their taint to others and so their numbers while small did all they could to destroy the work of the Gods only as mortals can.

Guide Populous-2
    Gain Portfolio -2 (Corruption)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-04-24 at 10:39 PM.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

From The Acatonoiticon, By Lahazzed the Mad.
    Aman-Rul was created from Mu, but Mu did not exist, because in Mu there was no such thing as existence. And time was not yet born in Mu, but in the time that did not exist between Mu and Aman-Rul, a shadow was born of the paradox of creation. And the shadow bore no name, and it was called Na.

And on the first day Na walked the earth.

And Na went to the ocean where Artreus' creatures dwelt, and he touched one of them, and its shape rippled. And it grew a dozen dozen tentacles, and each tentacle was lined with teeth, but the creature's body disappeared in a mass of appendages. And it bore no name, and therefore it was called a Deep One. And it dwelt in the deepest caverns of the sea, and it bred there.

And Na went to the forest where Gareth's creature's dwelt, and he touched one of them, and its shape rippled. And its limbs multiplied until they numbered a dozen, and they became tentacles. And on their end was the creature's claws, sharpened so that they could dig through flesh or soil alike. And it dug trough the ground to the deepest recesses of the earth, and it dwelt and bred there. And it's flesh grew pallid in the darkness, and it's eyes grew big. And it became known as an Oroch

Spoiler
    Show
    5 = 6 - 1 Create Creature(deep ones, oroch)
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for the awesome Warforged Artificer Avatar.

The Engineer: a master of mechanical, uh, mastery. Robots and stuff.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Vu sat in the Shifting Mists, in physical form. He'd made himself a small house, which was warm and fairly comfortable. Vu liked being incarnate; it felt reassuring.

He looked at the world and watched the other gods make their creations. He'd decided against making his own continent. Let others do that; he'd improve on their work later.

He looked around to try and find the creature whose voice he had heard while he spoke with Luciverta. It didn't seem to be in the mortal world, and it certainly wasn't in the Mists. Vu was getting a little frustrated; the cosmos was a big place, and his power was feeble. Hiding from one such as him was no great feat. (Perhaps he should increase his personal power? He made a note of it.) Oh, no doubt he would find this spy eventually, certainly if it spoke to him again, but it would take time. And Vu did not have enough time to spare.

Still, for now he was alone. There was nobody else in this plane, and as far as he could tell, he wasn't being watched. Perfect.

Vu concentrated. A fragment of his being curled off him, and hung in the air like smoke for a few seconds, before solidifying into a large black bird with pure silver eyes. It looked at him expectantly.

"I have a task for you", said Vu. "Find me the being that eavesdropped while I spoke with my brother. Search every plane you can access, and report back to me when you find its location, its origin, its name, and particularly its objectives. Stay hidden from it and the other gods; one of them may have sent it."

The bird inclined its head in what was probably a bow. Then it flapped its wings once, and vanished.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 = 15 - 3(Create Personification: the Seeker. Goal: Locate the Whisper and report all that it can find back to Vu.)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rogue, birthed with the essence of life, simply watched as other gods began to meld the earth under them. The amount of life, from the fire and magma elementals, to the birds and the beasts Rogue simply emitted waves of delight as other gods brought their creations into view.

Infused with the energy of life, Rogue sought to bring her own creation to the world.

First, Rogue chose a distant patch of water, and infused it with the positive energy in her being. An island grew into being. To honor the creations of the other gods, she took some and spawned them on the planar island.

But something was missing, and she wanted creatures in her own image, to play in the island she created.

To satisfy that need, she planted seeds, that swiftly bloomed and produced pixies. As it blossomed, tiny pixies emerged, as wardens of the land. And she created two luscious plants that bore a jellylike and a hard fruit, so they wouldn't need to be hungry.

Rogue continued to watch, and fill the land with life.

Spoiler
    Show

Current AP = 15
    -2 Create co-terminus plane
    -2 Create Player Race (Pixie) -- I know its discouraged, but they will only be on this plane to start.
    -1 Create Creature (plants (one spawns pixies, two spawn fruit for them), they look very similar.
    Last edited by purplearcanist; 2011-04-25 at 04:01 PM.
    My current games:
    Its Over 9000: OOC, IC, Ashe

Lords of Creation: dueling pantheons
    OOC, IC

21. - Top - End - #21

Gareth looked at the creations of the others and smiled, though he worried about the odd creatures created by Na. What purpose could such being have? But he pushed that worry aside as he realized what else he wanted to make. His rodents were wonderful creatures, but not enough of them were taking advantage of the ground. He knew what he wanted to do.

He began to whistle a tune, and as he did, the dust in the planes began to levitate, then the particles began to change into small creatures with armored bodies and wings. Some were wingless and crawled on the plants. But these creatures were agents of change for the god.

His tune continued as some of his rodents began to change, there bodies elongating, there teeth changing. Some took to the water as others began to burrow into the ground. As his tune ended, Gareth smiled at his new creations.

Spoiler
    Show

6=8-1(Create Creature Insects)-1 (Create Creature Weasel Family)
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-04-28 at 09:15 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Sai'Yang: The Twilight Expanse

The Seeker did find what it sought, for Sai'Yang could not flee that which was actively searching for it. And is regarded the black bird that flapped in the dim world he dwelt in. He would need to meet this thing in person...this Vu that was already desiring contact with him. He would need a form better than what he had now, and with a simple act he sent himself into the Moon God's realm in a flurry of smoke and the sound of flutes and trumpets.

And when the smoke did clear, a man of middling age stood solid before Vu the Moon God, hair the length of the floor and the color of copper. He dressed in stately clothing, his skin the color of tilled earth and his eyes like twin green lanterns. He did not speak above a whisper but his voice filled the room. And it was from this moment that trails of wispy fog clung to the creature known as Sai'Yang, and those who breathed it in if they were of mortal make would forever be imbued with gifts above their common people. In time it would be called Magic but for now, the Mortal World was young and had no one to speak the words of it.

"Honorable Vu...you grace me with your desire...how may I be of service to you... Perhaps to commemorate such an event...Ah yes, I know!"

And from his own body did Sai'Yang pull forth the most glorious of thread and wove it ever lovingly into a powerful suit of armor that shone with gold and silver with rubies and all the precious stones of the earth. But it was not Sai'Yangs nature to give gifts, and the Armor he created while powerful and would grant a God prowess in combat also came at a toll, its gems would act as eyes and allow Sai'Yang to see the users every move. But he hid this facet deep into the very center of what the Armor was, to hide much like himself deep in plain sight.

"For you mighty Vu, a glorious armor to wear in combat should the need ever come..."

And in secret, the simple act of stepping forth outside his Plane in full spiraled out and behind him in Vu's realm the creatures of Sai'Yang spilled out in waves. Lean and tall though featureless, the creatures appeared almost like the Gods themselves, two legs and two arms with a head. But they were false, merely reflections of Sai'Yangs inability to create. And on the Mortal Plane the earth trembled in the high places and Giants swept into creation from the bones of the earth. And from the mud that rose as cast off flesh did the hungry dog like men first come, biting and snarling loudly as they sought to devour and eat all that they could and thus it was commanded by Sai'Yang deep into their mind that they would make war on all living creatures.

"We are all here to serve...

Create Creature: The Hollowed Partitioner -1
    Create Creature: Giants -1
    Create Creature: Gnolls -1
    Divine Creation: Magic -2
    Gain Portfolio: War -2
    Gain Portfolio: Magic -2
    Guide Populous: Make Gnolls warlike -2
    Create Artifact: The Armor of Heavenly Purpose -3

15-1-1-1-2-2--2-3= 1 AP
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-04-26 at 12:02 AM.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

Robichaux had pleased himself with his Eternal Storm, but it could only provide so much joy. He had to do more if he was to be seen as equal to the other gods.

Robichaux manifested himself in the Mortal World. He had never before taken a shape on this plane, and was uncertain as his being transferred from aether. Robichaux appeared above his Storm as a glowing blue orb, misshapen enough to look casual and nonchalant. He looked out on the expanse of clouds around him and made a large hole in the center.

Robichaux paused for a moment before acting. He pulled from the ocean a small island with a mountain tall enough to pass through the opening in the storm he had created. And down the mountain, Robichaux sent a great flood, creating terraces and streams on the cliffs and rivers and ponds on the land. He then covered the land with grass, trees, and other plants, filling it with life.

And with one last act, Robichaux created a great bird to protect the island and guide any creature that would live there. The bird had black and white wings bigger than many animals, peace plumage, and a pink bill and feet. Robichaux smiled on his creation, instilling in it some of his divinity.

Once again satisfied, Robichaux left the mortal world and returned to the aether.

Spoiler
    Show
    12AP=18-1 (Mold Land: Island and Mountain)-1 (Mold Land: Streams and Ponds on Island/Mountain)-1 (Nourish Land)-3 (Create Avatar: The Albatross)

24. - Top - End - #24

Gareth was happy with his creations, and trusted Ent to protect them while he set about making a home for himself. He knew that if he set foot onto the creation, his existence would rip it apart. He needed to make a home for himself. He once more pulled out his trumpet, and found an empty plane connected to his creation through the portal he viewed through.

As he let forth a beautiful note, a small plateau sprang up out of the nothing with extensive tunnels throughout and a small castle made out of the rock of the plateau itself sprang up. On top of the plateau, Gareth brought his creations, as well as some of his brother's birds. and created a large forest for them to live in. And he smiled at his new home.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, I figure Gareth needed his own plane too

3=6-3 (Create Coterminus plane)

Ent noticed his father's absence, and sensed that he was to protect this place as he worked elsewhere. Ent groaned and his body creaked as he began to move from his spot, his feet having rooted into place while he slept. He noticed that the creatures of Gareth's creation lacked something to keep them in check, and he decided he would try to create as well. Ent began to sculpt creatures out of the soil, and these creatures were canine in appearance, and were tasked with keeping the creatures of the forest in check.

Spoiler
    Show

3=6-1 (Create Creatures Canids)-2 Gain portfolio (Canines)
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-04-28 at 09:16 PM.

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Watching the flurry of creation, Semta noticed how empty puɐן was. Though there were trees, grass and flowing water there was no life in it.

Patting the ground next to him “Time to wake up now”

“Mmm” there was a sensation like all of puɐן rolled over.

“Come on don’t sleep through all of existence.”

“N’other eon.”

“No, we need to get up now, there are things to do people to see.”

“people?” The form of a young child rose from the earth. It sat there drowsy looking at Semta.

“Yes my siblings, I would like you to ask them a question for me.”

Eyes beaming “OK!” the child made of earth ran into the nearby trees and vanished from sight.

A moment passed and then there was a tug on Semta’s robe. The source was a child of wood and stone, its head hung low from embarrassment, “What’s the question?”

“I would like to know if they would be willing to let me create a connection between here and their lands or planes. You should go a few different ways to find them.”

Spoiler
    Show
    7 = 18 -2(divine creation: Trail (the consciousness that lives in puɐן))
    -9(personification x3 (aka the Trail’s that went to ask the gods) goal: ask all gods if a portal can be made connecting puɐן with their creations.)
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2011-04-25 at 07:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Narxa

Stones flew through the air and sticks cracked against bone as the first mortal battle had arisen. The conscious battle between two beings was a bewilderment to many, and the start of a long journey toward destruction wrought with blood an iron. Blood flowed along the ground as the gnolls fought for what little they had, and broken bodies lay in the dirt. But this would awake something, something which had not been seen in the mortal world. Conflict

Out of the dirt and spilled blood rose a power, the power of war. The gnolls looked on in awe at what would soon become a god as their flesh was stripped from them. Dying screams pierced the heavens as Narxa took their energies as his own. Sword in hand he slew the rest of the miserable creatures, hacking limbs and severing soul from body. When the pile of corpses towered in the plains he stopped, one measly gnoll left cowering in fear and yet with a sense of reverence.

Soon the gnoll stood to the god, weapon raised and ready to strike down upon what he only saw to be an enemy. "You fear your death like any other. Yet your bretheren lay at your feet and you still wish to fight. There is hope for you, child." Comes the booming voice of the god, as a hand reaches out to rest against the creature's chest, the divine power flowing through and empowering the monster. "You will show the world of my power, Brok'tu. Carry my power well, and fight in the name of your new master."

As Brok'tu lay writhing on the ground, the divine power causing his muscles and bone to change, Narxa appears in the middle of the northeastern ocean, concentrating his power into the minerals of the sea and bringing forth a desolate tundra of land.

Spoiler
    Show

AP left= 2 (-3 creating Divine Hero, -1 create land)
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-04-25 at 10:38 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Chemoch looked as his fellow gods shaped planes and their earth. His own siblings even appeared to be in conflict. The world itself appeared to be in chaos, lands rising and new creatures coming into being each moment. Their lives were often barbaric and short, especially the newly created creatures which thought in their own fashion.

First, he and his would need a home. A true home, to distance them from the mortal and the chaos inherent in it. Out of the formless void beyond the existing dimensions, he wrought a new plane. It took the form of a strange city, neither large nor small. Filled with a light that permeated the air, and shadows that clung to the very walls of every building. In the center, he rose a large building and in the center he placed a table. The Caelic table, from here would his pantheon meet. He left most of the rest of the Plane to reflect the gods currently walking it, for Rogue it would bustle with the sounds of life, for Vu the twists and alleys would turn dark and secret, for Luciverta it would shine with the most brilliant light. The only unchanging fixture would be the table at the center.

Done with this task, he turned his attention back to the mortal world and grew dissatisfied with the state of the beings in it. The Gnolls warred, their lives and potential wasted as the young were murdered before accomplishing anything. That would change.

First, Chemoch created a new plane. He could not reverse death, nor would he ever choose to. But the deaths of mortals were so chaotic and lacked purpose, there had to be a way to fix that. He mixed his own powers into the very being of the plane, infusing it into something completely devoid of life. He went even further, making the energy of the plane something so opposed to life it would infuse dead creatures with the opposite. A plane to create undeath, to infuse the dead with purpose once more.

In the place of the first battle, a place that had birthed the concept of war, Chemoch linked his new plane to the mortal world. In this place, those who fell would be lifted back to purpose, death would be no bar to them. The dead of the first battle rose in legion, to guard the place in part and to seek out other dead things. The rotting, the wasted, the unrealized and bring them back so they too might one day serve a greater purpose.

Spoiler
    Show

AP expenditures
    Pantheon AP- 3-3=0 (Create Home Plane)

Chemoch
    15-10 (5 left)
    -2 Lock Plane (Home Plane)
    -2 (Create Negative Energy Plane/Plane of undeath)
    -2 Create Portal (Plane of Undeath to the Valley of the first Battle)
    -2 Gain portfolio (Order/Purpose)
    -2 Divine Creation (The Undead- Zombies/Skeletons)
    Last edited by RaginChangeling; 2011-04-25 at 10:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Book of the Divine: Artreus and the Creation of Pangaia, Home of the Epigeian Council

And so it was, none of the Earthen Gods, the Epigeians, had a place to meet and discuss freely events, plans, and numerous other godly things. It is believed that this is why Artreus had decided to create Pangaia, home of the Epigeian Council, founded soon after the plane's creation.
    Of course, no mere mortal has ever been to this realm, although there have been some reports of those who have glimpsed of the plane in visions, which all seem to report nearly the same thing:
    "A vast, incomprehensible landscape made of every primal element in all of their various manifestations, but all in equal measure. This landmass is constantly shifting. Where there once was a massive mountain, may dissolve into dunes of sand, and then into a small pond, and into endless other forms. There is even land where it should not be: in the sky itself. This chaos stretches in all directions for infinity, endless, ordered, chaos. In addition to the elemental shifting, the landscape is filled with the creatures made by all of the Epigeian gods, similarly shifting into other forms as the land shifts under them.
    "In the center of this infinity, however, there remains the thrones of each of the Councilors, all unchanging with regards to the land around them, and all made up purely of the elements that their respective gods rule over. The thrones are set up in a circular pattern, with a perfect replica of the mortal realm, and the heavenly bodies that surround it. It is here that the council meets and discusses their affairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt From: Matters of the Mind: The Origins of Psionics

"...It is popular belief that the creator of the Psionic capabilites within mortals was made possible by Artreus. Before there were mortals, when the world was young, it is said that Artreus was in despair from the lack of higher thought that the godly creations. Thus he created Whims, motes of thought given a (vaguely) physical form. These whims were thoughts, notions, deep philosophical considerations, and all other manifestations of thought, directly from the mind of Artreus himself. It is later, when we mortals came about, that these Whims of Artreus would merge with individuals, granting them Psionic capabilities. Many believe that these Whims, pure divine thought, unlock the deep recesses of the mortal mind, which is where the power to manipulate the world around us (psionics). It is unknown as to whether or not this was originally the intention of the Lord of Thought, or if it was simply to fill the world with some sort of higher thinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artreus gazed down at the mortal realm, watching on the events of the first conflict, and the creation of the Narxa and Brok'tu. And then he gazed longer at the corpses left after the conflict. And he saw as they had risen, husks of their former selves... This worried Artreus, and he had questions he needed answered, to which he turned to Chemoch and asked, "I gaze upon these husks you have created and wonder: have they no mind of their own? Do they realize what has become of them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pantheon AP: 0=3 - 3(Create Plane: Pangaia)
    Artreus AP: 13=17 - 2(Divine Creation: Whims) -2(Gain Portfolio: Psionics)
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2011-04-26 at 02:37 AM.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

'A place of rest would be welcome. Somewhere quiet, somewhere I won't be bothered.' Luciverta dims out completely fading from view.

Instead of disappearing tho, he's only moved to a place he brings instantly into being. A place of brightness, a home.
    A large castle of solid glowing blocks stands in the center, stoic and martial in it's design. 'This will do nicely between my meanderings. Now on to other means of self-contentedness.'
    Forming a spearlike object and a shield, Luciverta grins broadly. Both glow, but unlike the white that has been used in most of his other creations, these are chrome. Adding to these of the same color and design are a suit of armor and crown.

Reappearing outside the mortal realm Luciverta paused. "I think we shall right a wrong first." With a movement of his arm, Lug repositioned itself opposite from Gul. Then it also disappeared. But a careful observer would just make it out on different wavelengths, for now Lug is only giving off Infrared, ultraviolet, and other non visible forms of light.

Spoiler
    Show

18 AP start
    --------------------------------------
    Create Plane (The Radiant Fortress) - 2
    Divine Creation (Resplendent Arms) - 2
    Divine Creation (The Glowing Mail) - 2
    Lock plane (The radiant Fortress) - 2
    Mold Land (moving Gul back) - 1
    Gain Portfolio (Protection) - 2
    Gain Portfolio (truth) - 2
    -----------------------
    5 AP left

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Vu stood for a few moments, holding the Armour of Heavenly Purpose in his hands. He examined it briefly, but could not find anything out of place; as far as he could see, it was exactly what Sai'Yang had said it to be. A suit of armour, nigh-indestructible and granting its wearer great skill in combat.
    "I... did not expect such kindness. Truly, I am grateful for your generous gift. But I don't understand why. You sought to drive me apart from my brother, not so long ago. That is, in fact, why I sent the Seeker to bring you here. Your actions make no sense to me. One moment you seek to control me without my knowledge, the next you appear in front of me bearing gifts and calling me mighty and honourable."
    Vu thought for a moment. Now that he said it out loud... it did make sense after all. Sai'Yang wanted to influence him, to drive Vu to accomplish his goals for him. Perhaps out of a desire for power. Vu could understand that.
    "Never mind. I think I see now. You are free to leave, if you wish. I need to put your gift to good use."
    Vu made ready to leave. The Seeker flew towards him, and perched on his shoulder. Its essence flowed back into Vu, restoring his powers. Its body stiffened, and changed from flesh and blood to stone and metal. Vu now held a statue of a raven in his hands. He placed it on a shelf in his home - it had no further use to him, but it would make a good souvenir.

Taking the Armour of Heavenly Purpose, Vu disappeared from his plane. The universe was changing around him faster than ever. He found Luciverta quickly, still looking at the suns. Or Gul anyway; Lug had moved. It was back where it had started, but invisible to most of the creatures below.
    "Luciverta?"
    Luciverta turned to face his brother. "What do you want now? Yes, I moved the sun back. That's why you're here, isn't it?"
    "No, actually, it isn't. I even like the changes you've made, and thank you for that. Lug has a certain style now that it didn't before. No, I wanted to give you this."
    He held out the suit of armour. Luciverta took it sceptically. "It's just to show, you know, no hard feelings. You're the God of Protection; armour would suit you well. And it's an artefact, so if you don't want to use it you can give it to your flock."
    "If you want to talk further to me, I'll be in the new plane of the Caelic gods. I'm going to take a look around." And with that, Vu left.

He reappeared in a back alley of the Home Plane. Chemoch had good taste. The city appeared to be at sunset, bathed in orange light, with long shadows stretching through the deserted streets and alleys while the tops of buildings sparkled with reflected light. He moved quickly through the shadows, making his way to the palace at the center.
    The palace was truly magnificent. After admiring the table for a moment, he selected a nearby doorway. A corridor was visible through it, but as Vu watched, it faded into impenetrable darkness. He stepped through it, and was back in his home in the Shifting Mists. The statue of the Seeker was still here. So was a small child apparently made of mud and cloudy water. Vu blinked.

"Another new face. Hello. Who are you, and why are you here?" asked Vu.
    "I'm the Trail. It's nice to meet you. What's that around your neck?"
    Vu looked. "That's just my pendant. Now, what-"
    "It looks like a necklace."
    "Well, I suppose it is a necklace. So, who are you?"
    "I told you, I'm the Trail. Did you know you have a bird on your wall?"
    "Yes, I know. Really though, where did you come from?"
    "Semta sent me. Oh, right! I was supposed to ask you if I could make a portal from your world to me."
    "To... you? But you're already here."
    "Well, sort of. I'm in three places at once. Maybe four. But only one of them actually counts, and it's not this one."
    Vu gave up on this line of inquiry. "Semta is sympathetic enough. I'll consider it."
    "He's not sympathetic! He's a very nice guy."
    "That's what I... never mind. You seem harmless enough, though I suppose you could just be wearing a very cunning façade."
    "I don't think I'm wearing any clothes at all."
    "If I make your portal, will you leave me in peace?"
    The Trail's eyes sparkled. "Okay!"
    "Fine." A wooden door appeared in the wall. Vu opened it to reveal a flat plain, with a few large flowers scattered here and there. There was a road leading up to the door, with another Trail sitting on it. This one was made of plants and earth. "Thanks!" he said.
    "You're welcome." said Vu. He turned to the Trail in his house. "Are you going to go back out there now?"
    "I am out here." said the Trail outside.
    "I wasn't talking to you."
    "Who else is here, then?" asked both the Trails.
    "You!"
    "Apart from me and you. You're funny."
    "Are you going to leave me in peace now?"
    "Oops. I forgot." blushed the Trail inside. "Sorry." Both Trails vanished. Vu closed the door, and sighed.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 AP start
    Extinguish Personification : +3
    Create Portal: -2
    Create Portal: -2
    Gain Portfolio (Diplomacy): -2
    9 AP end