Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    After considering it over and over again, i've decided to include playable races in version 2 of the Core Rulebook. Here is a list of all completed playable races, details of each can be found in 'Post #20'.

    • Human
    • Gi'Na'Ka
    • Goblin
    • Moogle
    • Remnant
    • Sahagin
    • Wolfion
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-05-21 at 04:07 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Omeganaut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plane of Science
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    A few notes on goblins:

    How are goblins intimidating if they are small? and how does this translate into charisma. Also you say they are clever and cunning in the description, wouldn't this translate into intelligence rather than wisdom? also the ability score bonuses are a bit high, maybe making the +4 into a +2, and giving some skill boosts instead? like intimidate if you want the goblins to be intimidating?

    Spelling and grammar changes below in bold

    however its true tendencies are virtually unknown among the Goblin community.
    Goblins can cast Sleep on one target within their line of sight.
    gains Exotic Weapon Proficiency (claws) instead of any other Weapon Proficiency feat.
    Remnants are born within the lifestream from the flowing Jenova cells that have fused within the planet's blood.
    They have silvery-white hair, striking green eyes, and their skin is the color of a pale-moon's glow
    Their personalities resemble that of an empty puppet
    I hope this helps!
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

    Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    thanks for that, i'll make the changes now. Any other problems that need correcting?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Omeganaut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plane of Science
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Everything else so far seems good to me.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

    Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    so many people i know have kept asking me to make Red XIII's race playable, but their race name had been completely oblivious throughout the compilation. So i'm putting it forward here: What would be a great name for Red XIII's race?

    I'll put the race traits up once we have this established.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-04-26 at 01:41 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Front
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    so many people i know have kept asking me to make Red XIII's race playable, but their race name had been completely oblivious throughout the compilation. So i'm putting it forward here: What would be a great name for Red XIII's race?

    I'll put the race traits up once we have this established.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Red_XIII#Development

    According to this, it would be something like the "Buga". Which sounds terrible.
    "...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

    Check out our zombie survival sandbox video game!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    hmm, buga......any advances on buga?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    To be fair Buga is the name of the tribe according to that article, not necessarily the name of the race as a whole.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    going by that, that would make that story plot alot understandable. Consider this:

    At a time when they thought they were safe and secure, a beast-like race from the Buga tribe was attacked by their rivals, and cousins, the Gi tribe.

    But now that raises more questions than answers. Now there's another playable race to make, but i can't call the race "Gi" because it's the name of their tribe. Exactly the same situation as the Buga tribe. So now i'm putting this across: what names should i give the races from the Buga and Gi tribes?
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-04-26 at 05:36 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Here is the first draft of Red XIII's race.

    WOLFION
    The Wolfion are a near-extinct intelligent species whose place of origin is Cosmo Canyon. They are taught from a young age the Study of Planetary Life and believe themselves to be the planet's defenders.

    The Wolfion are a combination of feline and canine. Their appearance is that of a large dog but with a mane like a lion. They have fiery-red skin and a long tail with a flame on the tip. Eye colours differs either black, orange, or yellow. When they reach 4 years old (16 months in human years), the Wolfion receive their first tatoo as a symbol of their being part of the Buga tribe.

    Wolfion Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. The Wolfion are strong, fast, and intelligent, however their intimidating appearance make them less approachable by humans.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-Sized creatures, Wolfions have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Wolfion Base Speed is 6 squares.
    • Wolfions gain a +2 bonus on all Strength checks and Strength-related skill checks.
    • Natural Weapons: Wolfions can only attack with their natural weapons, and as such gain the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bite) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (claws) feats instead of any other Weapon Proficiency feat. Wolfion's bite damage is 3d6 + Strength modifier and claw damage is 3d8 + Strength modifier.
    • Natural Armour: Wolfions gain a +4 bonus to Reflex Defence due to their hardy structure. The Wolfion are unable to gain any Armour Proficiency feat other than Light.
    • Limit: Wolfions gain access to the Fury limit tree, which is only available to members of this race.
    • Howler's Mark: Once per day, the Wolfion can designate a single target. The Wolfion gains a bonus on attack rolls ability checks, and skill checks equal to one-half their level (rounded-down, minimum of 1) against that target.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-04-30 at 02:44 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ZaneLaCoix's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    I'm just going to leave this here. For possible ideas, is all.
    Characters:


    I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    thanks for that. I'll have a good look over it when i get a bit more time. Until then, any more name suggestions?

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    forget that last post, i've decided to go with Wolfion as the name for Red XIII's race. If you think it's a stupid name then i'm open to new suggestions.

    Also, i need a name for the Gi tribe race.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Front
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    Here is the first draft of Red XIII's race.

    WOLFION
    The Wolfion are a near-extinct intelligent species whose place of origin is Cosmo Canyon. They are taught from a young age the Study of Planetary Life and believe themselves to be the planet's defenders.

    The Wolfion are a combination of feline and canine. Their appearance is that of a large dog but with a mane like a lion. They have fiery-red skin and a long tail with a flame on the tip. Eye colours differs either black, orange, or yellow. When they reach 4 years old (16 months in human years), the Wolfion receive their first tatoo as a symbol of their being part of the Buga tribe.

    Wolfion Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Int, -2 Cha. The Wolfion are strong and intelligent, however their intimidating appearance make them less approachable by humans.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-Sized creatures, Wolfions have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Wolfion Base Speed is 6 squares.
    • Wolfions gain a +2 bonus on all Strength checks and Strength-related skill checks.
    • Natural Weapons: Wolfions can only attack with their natural weapons, and as such gain the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bite) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (claws) feats instead of any other Weapon Proficiency feat. Wolfion's bite damage is 3d6 + Strength modifier and claw damage is 3d8 + Strength modifier.
    • Natural Armour: Wolfions gain a +4 bonus to Reflex Defence due to their hardy structure. The Wolfion are unable to gain any Armour Proficiency feat other than Light.
    • Limit: Wolfions gain access to the Fury limit tree, which is only available to members of this race.
    • Howler's Mark: Once per day, the Wolfion can designate a single target. The Wolfion gains a bonus on attack rolls ability checks, and skill checks equal to one-half their level (rounded-down, minimum of 1) against that target.
    I'm not familiar with the SWD20 Human, so I'm comparing this to the Pathfinder human...

    The natural weapon damage is ridiculously high. Their speed should be faster, probably at the expense of weapon use.
    "...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

    Check out our zombie survival sandbox video game!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    the reason the natural weapon damage is like it is because i went on the following basis:

    Claw Damage
    Small: 1d6
    Medium: 1d8
    Large: 1d10

    Bite Damage
    Small: 2d4
    medium: 2d6
    Large: 2d8

    Wolfion's are Medium-sized creatures so the damage is 1d8 and 2d6 for claw damage and bite damage respectively. however, i do agree they need a bonus to Dexterity to count for their speed.

    EDIT - i've changed the damage dealt by natural weapons as i have reworked how much hp you gain each level.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-05-11 at 12:53 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Front
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    Claw Damage
    Small: 2d8
    Medium: 3d8
    Large: 4d8

    Bite Damage
    Small: 2d6
    medium: 3d6
    Large: 4d6
    Where are you getting those numbers from?

    Which D20 system are you making this for?
    "...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

    Check out our zombie survival sandbox video game!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    im using Star Wars d20 Saga Edition as a basis, however i had altered the damage to suit my own system's purpose. Mainly because the amount of hp you gain in my system vastly out-weigh the damage dealt, so i'm trying to even it out more.

    If you like to help me with creating the Final Fantasy VII d20 game you are more than happy to contribute as much as you want. I've posted a link in my signiture to a website i've set up so have a look at what ive done so far and take it from there.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-04-30 at 05:49 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    here is the first draft race traits and description for the Gi tribe. I'm still stuck on a race name for them so help me if you can and PEACH please.

    UNKNOWN NAME (GI TRIBE)
    The (Unknown Name) are a race of people who live in the Ancient Forest and the canyon of which the forest is atop of. They believe in attacking first and ask questions later; a reason why the Wolfions, their neighbouring cousins, are cautious and wary about them.

    The (Unknown Name) are humanoid beasts that resemble native Americans in terms of appearance. Their eye colour's differ from green, brown, or yellow, and they have no hair. (Unknown Name)s can belong to one of several tribes, however the Gi Tribe is the only known one to the world at large.

    Unknown Name (Gi tribe) Race Traits
    • +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Dex. (Unknown name)s are highly adaptable to their surroundings and clever, however they are slow to respond to threats.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, (Unknown Name) have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • (Unknown Name)'s base speed is 6 squares.
    • War Cry: A (Unknown Name) can call on the aid of his allies. The (Unknown Name) can alert all allies within a 10-square radius from him and order them to attack a single target of his choice. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). The allies gain a +2 bonus on all attack rolls and damage rolls made against the selected target for 1d6 rounds.
    • Primitive: As primitive creatures, (Unknown Name) can only gain Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) and no other Weapon Proficiency or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats.
    • Beserker: When necessary, the (unknown name) can fly into a beserking rage. In a rage, a (unknown name) gains phenomenal strength and durability, but becomes reckless and less able to defend himself. He temporarily gains +4 Strength, +2 hit points per level, and a +2 rage bonus to Fortitude defence and Will Defence, but suffers a -2 penalty to Reflex defence.
      While raging, a (Unknown Name) cannot use skills that require patience and concentration, such as Perception. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 5 + the character's Constitution modifier. At the end of this duration, the (Unknown Name) loses the bonus hit points gained from the rage and is fatigued (-2 penalty to effective Strength and Dexterity, can't run or charge) for a number of rounds equal to the rage's duration.
    • (Unknown Name)s gain a +2 bonus on all Wisdom-based skill checks.


    Also, other than the Cetra, are there any other playable races i could make?
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-05-11 at 01:14 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    has anyone thought of a name for the race in previous post because i'm still stuck and desperately need help.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    Here is an updated listing of all playable races in The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying game.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HUMAN
    Same as Star Wars d20 saga edition.

    GOBLIN
    Goblins live on Goblin Island. They are known for their cleverness and cunning, but most are seen as an unfriendly and quick-tempered folk.

    Goblins are very protective of their Zeio nuts, which are only found and grown on the island. The nut itself is used by the locals in food and in medicine, however its true tendencies are virtually unknown among the Goblin community.

    Goblins are short with scabby skin and features and pointy ears. Skin and hair colour varies just like humans, as well as eye colour.

    Goblin Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Str. Goblins are alert and intimidating, but lack physical muscle due to their size.
    • Small: As Small-sized creatures, Goblins gain a +2 size bonus on all Stealth checks and gain a +2 bonus to their Reflex Defence, but their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium-size characters.
    • Goblin Base Speed is 4 squares.
    • Goblins gain a +2 bonus on Persuasion checks made to intimidate others.
    • Goblin Punch: Goblins are considered Medium-sized creatures in terms of unarmed attacks and gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using unarmed attacks.
    • Sleepel: Once per round during combat, Goblins can cast Sleep on one target within their line of sight. The Goblin makes a Casting check and compares the result to the target's Magic Defence. If the roll equals or exceeds the target's Magic Defence, the target falls asleep for 1d4 rounds of combat. The sleeping target is considered prone (see Falling Prone in Chapter 10: Combat).
    • Automatic languages: basic and gobledegook.


    MOOGLE
    Moogles live up in mountains or in underground caverns, choosing to live away from the hustle and bustle human civilisations. They have an obsession with nuts and some love riding chocobos; even going as far as entering chocobo races in the Gold Saucer.

    Moogle's skin come in many different colours, just like chocobo's feathers; varying from white, pink, blue, yellow, and green. Their tiny wings on their back are either purple or red, but this could be because of climate rather than gender. All moogles have a long stem grown out the top of their head and attached at the end is a bright red pompom.

    Moogle Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis. Moogles are smart and speedy, but lack common sense.
    • Small: As Small-sized creatures, Moogles gain a +2 size bonus on all Stealth checks and gain +2 bonus to their Reflex Defence, but their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of that of Medium-sized characters.
    • Flight: Moogles have a flight speed of 8 squares, and requires two swift actions (one at the start of the round and one at the end) to take off and to land. Moogles can either move their full flight speed as a move action and then have an attack action, or move at half-speed and then an attack action before moving another half-speed again.
    • Moogle base speed is 4 squares.
    • Animal Affinity: Moogles gain Ride as a bonus trained skill at 1st level due to their connection with Chocobos.
    • Claw: Moogles can only attack with their natural weapons and, as such, gains Exotic Weapon Proficiency (claws) instead of any other Weapon Proficiency feat. Moogle's claw damage is 2d8 + the Moogle's Strength modifier.
    • Automatic Languages: basic and kupo.


    REMNANT
    Remnants are born within the lifestream from the flowing Jenova cells that have fused within the planet's blood. They are unaware that they are sent by Sephiroth as pawns for his rebirth, all they know is they must locate mother and merge with her to become whole again.

    Remnants appear as human, with only a few differences. They have silvery-white hair, striking green eyes, and their skin is the colour of a pale-moon's glow. Their personalities resemble that of an empty puppet, but don't let that hinder you when developing your character.

    Remnant Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis. Remnants are strong, fast, and influentual; however they are one-track minded and unstable.
    • Medium-size: As Medium-sized creatures, Remnants have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size, however their carrying capacity is 5x that of normal Medium-sized creatures.
    • Remnant base speed is 6 squares. Remnants have a flight speed of 10 squares due to their Jenova traits, and require a swift action to fly and a swift action to land.
    • Bonus Feat: Remnants gain one extra feat at 1st level due to their varied talents.
    • Extreme Protection: Remnants gain a +3 bonus to their Reflex Defence, Fortitude Defence, Will Defence, and Magic Defence.
    • Attuned Senses: Remnants gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks made to locate Jenova. The bonus is not applied to any other uses of the Perception skill.
    • Automatic Language: basic.


    WOLFION
    The Wolfion are a near-extinct intelligent species whose place of origin is Cosmo Canyon. They are taught from a young age the Study of Planetary Life and believe themselves to be the planet's defenders.

    The Wolfion are a combination of feline and canine. Their appearance is that of a large dog but with a mane like a lion. They have fiery-red skin and a long tail with a flame on the tip. Eye colours differs either black, orange, or yellow. When they reach 4 years old (16 months in human years), the Wolfion receive their first tatoo as a symbol of their being part of the Buga tribe.

    Wolfion Race Traits
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. The Wolfion are strong, fast, and intelligent, however their intimidating appearance make them less approachable by humans.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-Sized creatures, Wolfions have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Wolfion Base Speed is 6 squares.
    • Natural Weapons: Wolfions can only attack with their natural weapons, and as such gain the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bite) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (claws) feats instead of any other Weapon Proficiency feat. Wolfion's bite damage is 3d6 + Strength modifier and claw damage is 3d8 + Strength modifier.
    • Casting: Wolfions gain Casting as a bonus class skill.
    • Limit: Wolfions gain access to the Fury limit tree, which is only available to members of this race.
    • Howler's Mark: Once per day, the Wolfion can designate a single target. The Wolfion gains a bonus on attack rolls ability checks, and skill checks equal to one-half their level (rounded-down, minimum of 1) against that target.
    • Automatic Languages: basic and cosmoyian.


    GI'NA'KA
    Gi'Na'Ka are a race of people who live in the Ancient Forest and the canyon of which the forest is atop of. They believe in attacking first and ask questions later; a reason why the Wolfions, their neighbouring cousins, are cautious and wary about them.

    The Gi'Na'Ka are humanoid beasts that resemble native Americans in terms of appearance. Their eye colour's differ from green, brown, or yellow, and they have no hair. Gi'Na'Kas can belong to one of several tribes, however the Gi Tribe is the only known one to the world at large.

    Gi'Na'Ka Race Traits
    • +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Dex. Gi'Na'Kas are highly adaptable to their surroundings and clever, however they are slow to respond to threats.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Gi'Na'Ka have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Gi'Na'Kas base speed is 6 squares.
    • Gi'Na'Kas gain a +2 bonus on Strength checks and all Strength-related skill checks.
    • Primitive: As primitive creatures, Gi'Na'Ka can only gain Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) at 1st level. Gi'Na'kas cannot gain any other Weapon Proficiency or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats.
    • War Cry: A Gi'Na'Ka can command a number of allies equal to his Intelligence modifier (minimum of 1) to attack a designated target of his choice. The Gi'Na'Ka can do this a number of times per day equal to one-half his heroic level (rounded-down, minimum of 1)'
    • Automatic Languages: basic and gi'naa.


    SAHAGIN
    Sahagins are humanoid reptiles with webbed feet and a large shell on their back like a turtle. Their scale colours varies from green to blue, red to purple, and most are seen using Tridents, however Sahagins are known to use any weapon that is easily available to them.

    Sahagins are comfortable to build their colonies in underground sewage systems or in marshes. They are creatures of the swamps mainly, however they also have desert colonies as well. Sahagins are usually peaceful, but will attack anyone who attempts to threaten their families and homes.

    Sahagin Race Traits
    Sahagin's have the following race traits.
    • Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, -2 Wis. Sahagins are quick but simple-minded.
    • Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Sahagins have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Sahagin's base speed is 6 squares.
    • Withdraw: Sahagins can retreat into its hard shell as a move action in response to a target's weapon/natural/unarmed attack against them. The Sahagin can remain in his shell for 1d4 rounds but can reappear well within the time frame as a swift action, or reappear at the end of the time frame as a move action. While within their shell, Sahagin's gain 10 + their level temporary hit points, a +2 bonus to Reflex Defence to resist attacks, and +2 bonus to Fortitude Defence to resist illness. However, they receive a -2 penalty to Magic Defence due to their becoming more vulnerable to spell and summon damage.
    • Weapon Specialists: Sahagins with Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) are also proficient with the Trident (Sahagins do not need the associated Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat).
    • Automatic Languages: basic and saha.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2011-05-21 at 01:30 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    that place no one goes to
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: FFVII D20 - Races (PEACH needed)

    thank you everyone for all your help, be sure to find your names in the special thanks section of the new version of the core rulebook

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •