New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

biggrin So I just introduced my PCs/Players to Dungeonland...older modules were just better

Boy I LOVE the feel and amount details in older modules, and they just had a funner feel. I really feel I missed out on the golden age of roleplaying due to my age.

Anyway, so I try following the module's advice and keeping the true nature/creative origin of the module a secret for as long as possible, but as soon as they saw that glass table with the "metal object", flagon, and salver with a loaf of bread on it they all had that shocked/amused expression on their faces and simultaneously went "Awwwwwww!". Their expressions, and comments during the game were priceless.

Still, they have gone through the first half of the module, and are currently regrouping back back at the entrance to the place.

Now I am thinking of perhaps expanding on this somewhat to make it last a bit longer. They are already half-way through the modules, which makes me sad since I have wanted to run these for years. I even ordered a copy of Dungeonland and Beyond the Magic Mirror on ebay.

Aside from the sequel module, which I'd prefer to throw in near the end of the campaign (I am currently mid campaign I believe), what could I do? I have read Gary Gygax's original group that ran through Dungeonland before it was a module in his original campaign went there "many times", but sadly the module only has so much info.

Many thankies!

ps. Please note I am running a 3.5 campaign with the 1.0 modules.
    Last edited by Pika...; 2011-07-09 at 06:20 PM.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: So I just introduced my PCs/Players to Dungeonland...older modules were just bett

Oops. This might have been in the wrong section.

Can a mod please move this thread to the Older Editions section?
    Last edited by Pika...; 2011-07-10 at 02:38 PM.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.