New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default question positive & negative energy

i have an character who are a damphire ( pathfinder damphire) but is a paladin (lawfull good), my dm say if the damphire use channel positive energy and smite evil in an evil or undead enemy the damphire will recoil damage and if use lay on hands to heal someone will suffer the recoil damage too

how i can fix that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: question positive & negative energy

First, I think this is the wrong forum. You probably should've posted this in the d20 roleplaying forum, unless you want a homebrew solution to this.

That seems like a pretty jerk move on the DM's part, as that pretty much ruins the character concept. Also, I don't know about Pathfinder, but in 3.5 smite evil doesn't use positive energy.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Pathfinder's paladin lay-on-hands is not a typed energy; that is, is isn't positive or negative energy. This means you may use this on yourself, or others, healing them (if living) or harming them (if other undead). Lay on hands specifically says that it "heals... harms undead". A dhampir is not undead, so feel free to LoH yourself all day long. You may also want to point out to your GM that there is no such this as "recoil damage" in Pathfinder.

Keep in mind that a dhampir is not undead, it just has negative energy affinity.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

thanks and yes in the case of its armed i want a homebrew solution ( like a feat, spell, artifact,etc) but you help me a lot whit the info