New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Mentor Needed

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Mentor Needed

So, Bahamut willing, I will be approved for my Senior Project in the next week or so, which will free up my summer to work on it and (hopefully) make a decent dent in the work load. I'm planning to make a campaign setting like Forgotten Realms or Eberron, complete with world history, new classes and spells, new monsters, and flavor. I realize this is a bold project, but I should be able to work a lot this summer and decently over the next year as well. I have a basic idea on what I want to do and I've lined up a few friends to do art for me and such.

However, the one part of my project that I am missing is a mentor. Now, I don't know the duties that a mentor will have to do, because the administration keeps the whole project fairly secretive for some reason. Here's what I do know. Anyone interested in helping me out will need to keep in reasonably frequent contact with me for the next year or so. Emails or messages back and forth will need to be used as proof that I actually did my project. Towards the end of the project, I will need a mentor-authored letter that basically says what the mentor did, what I did, and what my project is, quality wise, compared to similar works.

So, because I'm doing a 3.5 D&D setting, fluency in the system is sort of important. I play a lot of D&D, but I've only done a little Homebrew, so balance will be a big issue mechanically. I don't know exactly what the mentor requirements are, so if anyone actually works for a gaming company, or has in the past, that would be a huge plus, but simply having done a lot of homebrew and/or campaign design would probably be enough.

I realize this is asking a lot for basically no reward, so I won't feel bad if no one wants to help. I'll be watching this thread to answer questions, or I can respond by PM. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2011-05-11 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.