New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LaLa's Laughably Silly Random Banter Thread - RB #158

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I mean Avatar the blue man group, not Last Airbender. Airbender was pretty crap as well.

I..really don't know how you could enjoy Avatar XP. Also, sorry for the spelling error.

Zaydos: both of them. I've seen neither so I'm just going off of what I heard.
    TBF, Airbender had two main faults.

First: It's director. Just a bad choice for this movie.

Second: They had to compress a story around 12 hours long into 2 hours without actually removing anything.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

So now I just came back from another 45 minutes of rat dissection (I went to bio during study hall) and I'm still two days behind. How do the other kids do this?

I would be tempted to think that I was taking more time because I'm trying to be careful and precise, but that's kind of shattered by the fact that my rat looks like it was dissected with scissors rather than a scalpel. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Yha, those two things crushed it pretty badly. For a so called fan of the series, he sure made the dramaticly different fighting styles look like the same dance. Trying to put an entire season's worth of episodes in one movie was simply stupid though.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

I'd argue that the issues with pronunciation rampant throughout the film were also a contributing factor to the Last Airbender's lack of popularity.
    End of line.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

I found Avatar somewhat okay, but then I should note how I want the plot in my different media:

Books: Thought through and dominant. Scheming and drama, please. I wouldn't read "I Bashed a Million Orcs". I want plot.

Games: Just as my books, or let me shape my own plot. That's why I like grand scale strategy games: I get to set up my own goals and schemes, and dominate the world just the way I like.

Movies: As little as possible. Seriously, if there's too much drama, I'll feel itchy and lose my interest. Still, if you manage to make a deep plot while still combining it with what otherwise would be brain-dead action, then I'd probably be interested. And impressed.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    So now I just came back from another 45 minutes of rat dissection (I went to bio during study hall) and I'm still two days behind. How do the other kids do this?

I would be tempted to think that I was taking more time because I'm trying to be careful and precise, but that's kind of shattered by the fact that my rat looks like it was dissected with scissors rather than a scalpel. >.<
    When dissecting squid in upper elementary, I found the scalpels to be so dull that you'd actually make it cleaner with a scissor. And much more efficient as well.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-11 at 03:50 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Woohoo! Finally got my book of Good Omens in the mail!

I had given my copy of night Watch to my English teacher last year in October. When he hadn't gotten past the first page a year later I had him give it back in November. I gave him Good Omens, hoping that his interest in Neil Gaman would spur him to read it. I leave the school in January, where he has still not read past four pages. I see him again on April 29th, where he hasn't touched the book since the last time I checked. I tell him he now owns it, and go home to order a new one. It turns out that the one I had had the only cover I could even stand to look at, so I want to get an identical copy. It also turns out that that cover is very rare. It's nowhere on amazon on my computer, but for some reason my dad found it instantly. I order it (desperately hoping that the image is the cover for all the books), and wait for it to come. It's late, and arrives today. Woohoo!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97

Yay for Good Omens! Enjoy MoonCat, I looooved that book.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So after the Dark Knight Rises, they're going to REBOOT the Batman Franchise. Why? So that this new Batman franchise have a Batman for a new JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE. SUCK IT MARVEL!!

Best of all, it's going to be PRODUCED by Nolan!

EDIT:

I guess that explains the Green Lantern Film ... Though, my once high expectations for that has fallen greatly after seeing a trailer.

Theirs also a Flash and Wonder Woman movie in the works.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-05-11 at 03:55 PM.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    So after the Dark Knight Rises, they're going to REBOOT the Batman Franchise. Why? So that this new Batman franchise have a Batman for a new JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE. SUCK IT MARVEL!!

EDIT:

I guess that explains the Green Lantern Film ... Though, my once high expectations for that has fallen greatly after seeing a trailer.

Meh, Batman was always the only DC character I liked. Way more excited about the Avengers.
    End of line.

10. - Top - End - #100

It's an excellent one, and I enjoy pitting a Neil Gaman fan against a Pterry fan and watching them both loving the same paragraph and claim their writer wrote it. I personally think that it was brilliant, and I like Pratchett better, but I see the places where Gaman was writing notably, the worse paragraphs :-P
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
    Meh, Batman was always the only DC character I liked. Way more excited about the Avengers.
    Well I never have liked Marvel all that much. X-men are good, but nothing can beat a well done (EXTREME emphasis) JL movie.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I liked the Flash and Darkseid.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #103

Spiderman is cool,but unfortunatly most of his movies suck =(

On a side note, the Ironman movie was perfect. The second one was good too.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spiderman is cool,but unfortunatly most of his movies suck =(

On a side note, the Ironman movie was perfect. The second one was good too.
    Yeah, Iron-Man was good. But I hate Spidey, he's an immature wimp.

15. - Top - End - #105

Meh, superheroes. I've never seen any films, comic books, stories, and I don't really see any attraction either.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Well I never have liked Marvel all that much. X-men are good, but nothing can beat a well done (EXTREME emphasis) JL movie.
    X-men are probably among my least favorite Marvel properties (barring the random obscure ones) Spider-Man, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, are more of the ones I'm really into.

Out of DC, Superman I find to be kinda lame. Batman is my favorite super hero ever. Green Lantern I think has a lot of potential as a character to be cool, but for a ring that can do nearly anything you can think of the writers of the comic tend to be very uncreative as to its uses.
    End of line.

17. - Top - End - #107

Green Lanturn is supremly under utilized. Wish there was a super hero DND game so you could show just how kickin awesome and over powered the Lanturn Corps can be.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Which Clash of the Titans? The old version was fun (it had a robotic owl)... the new one was just graphics.
    New. It was stupid, with adequate graphic; but if you know your mythology, so much fun to be had. Plus I find mocking things easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    It used to do that. Then I think they ran out, or it became less popular, but they certainly used to do that. The whole place was just kind of sad, except for the beaches, which were beautiful. My favorite was Ruby Beach, they had enormous rocks and tidepools filled with anemones and starfish. In other words, the nature is beautiful there, but everything human made is rather depressing, and most of the loggers are getting rid of the trees. Now it's filled to the brim with trashy shops covered in posters and sells all manner of Twilight junk.
    Hooray consumerism.
    At least it's by the sea, everything's better beside the sea. Except floods. And tidal waves. But you get my drift.
    I miss the sea. I had so much fun rockpooling at home.
    I'd make some comment about my home being famous, but it's not. Except for that the Admiral Benbow is in my town.

Riff to makes on the story (haven't read it, there is much more if you've read the books I assume), teenage marriage and pregnancy, stalking, looks (or smell) are much more important than personality, here'shttp://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight some more ideas from the Oatmeal
    Ooh. *goes to check out*

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    Why sober? I do not understand...
    I'm not much of a drinker, I am extremely difficult to even get tipsy, and also because I don't want to spend potloads of money.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    TBF, Airbender had two main faults.

First: It's director. Just a bad choice for this movie.

Second: They had to compress a story around 12 hours long into 2 hours without actually removing anything.
    Pretty much this.
    Knew it wasn't going to be good. Didn't see. Saw and read a lot of reviews about it though.
    Very glad I didn't see. I enjoyed the cartoon a lot, and now it's unruined.

Woohoo! Finally got my book of Good Omens in the mail!

I had given my copy of night Watch to my English teacher last year in October. When he hadn't gotten past the first page a year later I had him give it back in November. I gave him Good Omens, hoping that his interest in Neil Gaman would spur him to read it. I leave the school in January, where he has still not read past four pages. I see him again on April 29th, where he hasn't touched the book since the last time I checked. I tell him he now owns it, and go home to order a new one. It turns out that the one I had had the only cover I could even stand to look at, so I want to get an identical copy. It also turns out that that cover is very rare. It's nowhere on amazon on my computer, but for some reason my dad found it instantly. I order it (desperately hoping that the image is the cover for all the books), and wait for it to come. It's late, and arrives today. Woohoo!
    Good Omens woo!
    Adore that book. One of my favourites. Can't give a Top [Blah] because it would go Top Ten, No Wait, Twenty, But What About, Oh Fine, Top Forty. But No, What ABout Those? Fine. Top One Hundred. STILL TOO SMALL A LIST!!!!!
    And then I'd end up singing about opera deaths taking too long.
    I had a similar experience to you actually, I leant my friend my copy of The Book Thief and she never. gave. it. back.
    She is now in India somewhere.
    I have to buy a copy to replace it. A hardback copy with the right cover.
    So glad you got your version of Good Omens. May you read it to pieces in peace.
    I've done that with both Good Omens and Night Watch (PTerry, not Sergei); they're literally fraying and falling apart at the bindings. Might need to replace my paperbacks of both.
    Argh.

It's an excellent one, and I enjoy pitting a Neil Gaman fan against a Pterry fan and watching them both loving the same paragraph and claim their writer wrote it. I personally think that it was brilliant, and I like Pratchett better, but I see the places where Gaman was writing notably, the worse paragraphs :-P
    But.
    But.
    But I love both authors.
    Hey! That means I'm doubly blessed. Or doubly cursed.
    The only part I know for certain was written by Gaiman alone was the bit with the maggots in the call centre. because PTerry said so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Hooray consumerism.
    At least it's by the sea, everything's better beside the sea. Except floods. And tidal waves. But you get my drift.
    I miss the sea. I had so much fun rockpooling at home.
    I'd make some comment about my home being famous, but it's not. Except for that the Admiral Benbow is in my town.

Ooh. *goes to check out*

Good Omens woo!
    Adore that book. One of my favourites. Can't give a Top [Blah] because it would go Top Ten, No Wait, Twenty, But What About, Oh Fine, Top Forty. But No, What ABout Those? Fine. Top One Hundred. STILL TOO SMALL A LIST!!!!!
    And then I'd end up singing about opera deaths taking too long.
    I had a similar experience to you actually, I leant my friend my copy of The Book Thief and she never. gave. it. back.
    She is now in India somewhere.
    I have to buy a copy to replace it. A hardback copy with the right cover.
    So glad you got your version of Good Omens. May you read it to pieces in peace.
    I've done that with both Good Omens and Night Watch (PTerry, not Sergei); they're literally fraying and falling apart at the bindings. Might need to replace my paperbacks of both.
    Argh.

But.
    But.
    But I love both authors.
    Hey! That means I'm doubly blessed. Or doubly cursed.
    The only part I know for certain was written by Gaiman alone was the bit with the maggots in the call centre. because PTerry said so.
    My town's this totally awesome seaport, the buildings on one side of the mainstreet is on the water. Literally. We had to move the police station because it was in danger of falling in. There are all these little mini beaches in between two buildings, and there are always tidepools to play with in some spots.

Very fond of Good Omens, a shame about that book and your friend. The one my old teacher now has is covered with marks of loving read (and lemon juice), I'll get to start all over again!

I'm okay with Neil Gaman, I haven't read much of his work. I've liked most of what I've seen of his though, with the exception of Coraline, where the movie was much much better.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

Ok suit yourself! I'm not the one who has to suffer through Twilight sober

21. - Top - End - #111

LaLa, just so you know, when I suggested the OoTS forum, you should know, everyone argues and get's along similarly to cats there, in comparison to FB, where everyone is friends, it'll be a shock.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Kinda figured that. Don't worry MoonCat, I'll be fine

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Rebecca... why are you hailed as a classic? My eyes doth bleed just when i remember thy red cover with golden letters... And i'm not talking about tears.

That book single-handedly ruined all desire i have to read books solely about romance.

Thus, I never read Twilight.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT:

Captain America is Marvel, and I haven't seen anything exciting about the Wonder Woman movie. The Green Lantern movie looks interesting, but I haven't seen anything about a Flash movie.

I am really excited about Captain America and the Avengers movie.

A movie where the heroes don't struggle purely because they don't use their full abilities?
    That's always been my issue with DC stuff. The supers are just so powerful that the only problems they can run into are not using their powers to their full effect (-coughSupermancough-) or... Actually, they basically just never use their powers fully.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

25. - Top - End - #115

Well Absolmorph, when The Flash does maximum power, he kinda gets absorbed by the Speed Force, so going MAX power isn't safe for him.

Everyone else should be able to freely go to max power, truely.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Absolmorph, when The Flash does maximum power, he kinda gets absorbed by the Speed Force, so going MAX power isn't safe for him.

Everyone else should be able to freely go to max power, truely.
    Full effect, not max power.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

27. - Top - End - #117

I kinda figured one would imply the other.

28. - Top - End - #118

Kinda figured that. Don't worry MoonCat, I'll be fine
    I got accused of trolling once because I had asked someone to add spoilers, be prepared! (spooky sounds)

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Oh Rebecca... why are you hailed as a classic? My eyes doth bleed just when i remember thy red cover with golden letters... And i'm not talking about tears.

That book single-handedly ruined all desire i have to read books solely about romance.
    That's the one about the dead wife, right? I was fine with the book (from what I read, I misplaced it shortly after I got halfway through), hated the Hitchcock film, and loved another film version made after that. My biggest problem was
    Spoiler
    Show
    That the murder was justified because she wanted him to kill her. Except that he didn't know that, he was just killing her from anger. It wasn't an assisted suicide
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

I got accused of trolling once because I had asked someone to add spoilers, be prepared! (spooky sounds)
    I'm more hesitant because in my experience most of the section is just random theories and guessing about things that'll be answered in approximately 2 strips from whatever point the thread is being made
    End of line.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

That's the one about the dead wife, right? I was fine with the book (from what I read, I misplaced it shortly after I got halfway through), hated the Hitchcock film, and loved another film version made after that. My biggest problem was
    Spoiler
    Show
    That the murder was justified because she wanted him to kill her. Except that he didn't know that, he was just killing her from anger. It wasn't an assisted suicide
    Nothing. Happens.

For the ENTIRE book. Until the last two chapters.

That's inexcusable in just about any medium i can think of.

It didn't help that it single-handedly destroyed my English grade...

Spoiler
    Show
    She was a total witch and deserved to be barren. Whether or not the murder was justified gets into morality issues that i wouldn't want to get into even if it wasn't banned on the forum.

Also i hated the book so i didn't really care by the end. I just wanted it to F*****G end!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-11 at 05:27 PM.

Extended Sig