New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Obsidian: A Homebrew Roleplaying Game

Hey, playground.

So for my senior project, I'm making a TTRPG. It's called Obsidian, and it involves dicepools, which are lots of fun.

I was hoping that I could get a few of the bright minds are here to check it out and rate/hate/whatever over the course of a week or two. In the meantime, I'm going to continue adding things to it (all the chapters are done, but I'm constantly finding things to add and change).

Here's my second finish on mediafire. The first finish is on Google Docs. I'm calling this v2.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?1s0fa195k0l47j0

Here's the Google Doc link. Google absolutely ravaged my attempts at formatting a table of contents, headers, and all my tables from my pdf file, and didn't want to cooperate with the .doc and .docx files... but if you'd like to see it, well, it's hanging out on Google Docs. I recommend using the above mediafire link, though.

v1.1: 20 May 2011

v1.0: 18 May 2011
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bft52q7wrvew04q

I'll call this version 1.0, and keep updating from here on out.

Thanks, playground!
    Last edited by YouLostMe; 2011-05-23 at 12:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Obsidian: A Homebrew Roleplaying Game

First impression:

Please please please don't use the docx format. Not everybody has Word 2007 or above, and you're excluding those that don't. Use .doc or .rtf, if you must use one at all. Uploading to Google Docs can go a long way, too.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

There is already an RPG called Obsidian. As such, you might want to consider a different name if you intend to publish the end result.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar
    First impression:

Please please please don't use the docx format. Not everybody has Word 2007 or above, and you're excluding those that don't. Use .doc or .rtf, if you must use one at all. Uploading to Google Docs can go a long way, too.
    ohhhh right. I'll be updating this late tomorrow, and I'll make it a pdf or a .doc then.

Also, Google Docs... how does? I tried once, but I got lost in the confusion and then lost my account information.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon
    There is already an RPG called Obsidian. As such, you might want to consider a different name if you intend to publish the end result.
    Well, I'm not planning on publishing this any farther than uploading it for people to read, but I'm also unfamiliar with an RPG called Obsidian. I know of obsidianportal.com, but that's "Obsidian Portal", and it's for D&D.

Could you point me to this Obsidian game of which you speak?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YouLostMe View Post
    Well, I'm not planning on publishing this any farther than uploading it for people to read, but I'm also unfamiliar with an RPG called Obsidian. I know of obsidianportal.com, but that's "Obsidian Portal", and it's for D&D.

Could you point me to this Obsidian game of which you speak?
    It's a horror game from about ten years back. I can't get the publisher site to load, but here it is on rpgnow.

Incidentally, Obsidian Portal isn't for D&D only, it's mostly a campaign blog site, and should work with any system.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    First impression:

Agreed. Uploading it to Google Docs would be pretty nice just because anyone can read it at basically any time. Consider the Legend Alpha (I have it bookmarked. I'm pretty sure Beta is out by now, though.). It's nice-looking, easy to access, and there's no need for any sort of application.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

All right, I've got a first finish written out, and I just got the Google Doc done (I don't see why people like it... it totally destroyed any attempt at formatting I made, but I'll provide a link).

If you'd like, I can also e-mail you the file.