New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside III

[Westside - Streets]

The Judge performs a desperate dodge but still gets a very nasty wound across his chest before landing on the ground, the propane torch going off. Breathing and bleeding heavily, he looks Durin in the eyes and uses his Edge that will try and root the vampire in place. As before, he will be free to do anything except move from that spot unless he resist the mental influence.
    The Martyr, meanwhile, uses his window of opportunity to make a strong, deliberate swing at Durin's neck, once more wounding himself to increase his strength.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

The Judge's trick works perfectly. Durin is unable to move out of the Martyr's sword's path. Of course, a swordsman of his caliber doesn't leave his back turned like that without a plan. Poof, he turns into a cloud of smoke, letting the sword pass harmlessly through after only cutting in a little bit.

Just as suddenly he is solid again and spinning to slash again. This time it is with the knife and he is only trying to cut a narrow gash across the hunter's face. As before the knife is poisoned.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

The Martyr raises his sword and attempts to utilize the superior reach of his weapon to strike Durin's arm and ruin his attack before the knife reaches his face. The Judge, gasping and groaning, starts the torch again, trying to burn Durin's legs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Durin brings his own sword to bear to parry the hunters sword and continue his attack. The judge is ignored but for a hiss of pain escaping Durin's clenched teeth.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

The Martyr staggers backwards, the knife narrowly missing him. The vampire is a superior fencer; he can't hope to match him. The situation looks rather hopeless... then, without thinking, the Martyr coughs and wheezes. Something that looks like a red cloud leaves his mouth despite it being covered by the balaclava. If it reaches Durin, it will cause terrible pain and a feeling of sickness in him - just as it appears to have done to the Martyr.
    The Judge is currently unable to to anything but try and gather strength for another attack. He's still bleeding heavily.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Durin is still held in place I believe and thus the cloud will have no trouble reaching him. But before it does, the vampire throws his poisoned knife at the Martyr as hard as he can.

Then the smoke reaches him. He growls at the pain and sick feeling. Feels like he just ate holy garlic. Mustering his strength he turns to lash out at the fallen Judge with his sword. That is if he's still within reach.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

The Martyr is struck with the knife. His vision is getting dizzy, but he still sees the Judge skewered by Durin's sword - he can't dodge or get away. Seeing that the fight is lost and death is near, he takes a step towards the vampire, reaches under his jacket, holding onto the last sherds of his consciousness as the poison affects him, and presses a button that causes the explosives under his clothing to detonate.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Durin is torn and burned badly by the explosion. He lies on the ground very still for a while. Soon a pain of vampires show up. One bends over him. "He's still intact. He'll recover, mostly. Let's search these bodies and we'll take him back to the manor." The other vampire nods and they will set about searching the bodies and then proceed to take Durin away. Mostly they are looking for anything that could help identify them.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-05-26 at 04:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- Vampire House The Hunters Raided

Three skeletal monkeys approach, observing the house from outside and trying to find an easy way in- open window or door, wide chimney, or an air vent. It doesn't really matter how high up the entrance is, they're quite good climbers and will probably find a way to reach it.

Exbourne Manor- Mortius's Room

Thirteen hours after his arrival, Pontius leaves on his chair, collecting the hawthorne and silver vampire-slayer golem when he leaves. Unless, obviously, somebody decides to try and stop him. Shortly after he leaves, a ten-foot-tall humanoid stitched together from six or so corpses leaves, ducking and squeezing through the door. It has bulging arm and leg muscles, a lumpy head with mismatched eyes, and its limbs are of differening lengths. Its hands have more fingers than a normal human has. It has a large mouth filled with sharp teeth and with no cheeks, so the teeth are all on display.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Well, what's left of the Martyr's body is now strewn all over the street. The vampires are unlikely to glean something from it. The Judge's body is somewhat more intact, albeit it's still damaged severely by the explosion. There's nothing strictly personal on him - he's only got a gun, a knife and a first aid kid, all damaged to a varying degree.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends Pet Shop

"We have twenty species! Human, elf, gnome, dwarf, halfling, orc, goblin, hobgoblin, bugbear, gnoll, grimlock, minotaur, hill giant, stone giant, ogre, blemmye, centaur, tiefling, aasimar and derro. We also have troglodytes, kobolds, aarakocra and lizardpeople, but as they lay eggs and not give birth to live young the process may be harder." The human pants a little; he'd run a lot of the route.
    "Are any of those unnacceptable breeding stock?"

"They. Are. Acceptable." Jaccalish replies in it's monotone voice.

"Yes, that would be perfect for our experiment. Can you deliver the slaves to a certain address as well? We can pay extra if needed." The imp adds.

[Generic Streets]

"It doesn't look like they are moving anywhere however. But whoever is spying on the general population is quite likely not to have pure intends, especially using the undead."

"Y koi 'a c'i yrvynzodyyr vnyz kyza'rana. Zoica vnyz dryka zyrgaik? Yv drai ona rynn'kdaj, drar 'a gymm drayn zokdan dyy." Ragna suddenly says in that mysterious language.

"Hm, let's try." The pitlord walks up to the undead critters and attempts to speak with them. "Greetings creatures, could we perhaps speak to your master? We are in need of information."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-05-26 at 06:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, but it will cost more to move twenty slaves without too much notice. The local police force does not bother us so long as we are up to date, but vigilantes might. Is an extra twenty gold pieces per slave a cost accpetable to you?" Durk's eyes glimmer wih greed.

Westside- Generic Streets

The addressed skeletal monkey opens its jaws, revealing a lack of tongue, before closing them with a click and climbing down. It will set itself up somewhere within easy view, yet far enough away to be a hard target for most missile weapons, it's small size and the darkness meaning it's closer than it would be anywhere else. Whether it is intending to take them somewhere useful or whether its master is spiteful is a bit hard to judge and really only identifiable by following it.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-05-26 at 06:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

"Payment. Is. Not. A. Problem." Jaccalish ensures them. "The. Master. Have. Given. Me. The. Nessecary. Funds. For. This. Project."

"Err... why don't we say 10 extra gold pieces for each slave, yes?" The imp asks. "It might be good for our future relationship. We might buy more slaves if we can keep it cheap, it will improve our future relationship really." Izah says with a grin.

Generic Street==>???

"Come one, let's follow them, this should be interesting." Tarim says before he walks off to follow the undead critters. Ragna will after some hesitation follow along in case, unless Justian protests of course.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-05-26 at 07:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, that works. Do you wish to have a look around at the slaves and pick out your twenty?" Durk smiles and the man continues paying attention without doing anything.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Vinicio D'Angelis, a human male in his mid twenties, arrives at the Manor to see Ramiro.

He's heard about Rose. And he's not happy.

Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-05-27 at 02:10 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office]

Vinicio likely knows the way to Ramiro's office, so we'll assume he heads there. And knocks of course. That's something Ramiro insists on. "Come in."

The great vampire is sitting behind his desk as usual. He looks up as Vino enters. "Ah, Vinicio. It's been too long since we've talked." He eyes the man's weapons. "I presume you heard about Rose? There's no keeping these things away from you, is there?" He hits a few keys on his computer. "I was going to send for you soon in any case."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's Office

Vino wouldn't dream of showing disrespect to his great great great etc uncle. Of course he knocks. His raven, however, remains outdoors, perched on the roof.

"I knew something like this would happen sooner or later. Then you're sure it's her?" Vino asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"You did warn me about her, yes. She was useful though. Was being the key word." Ramiro runs his hand over his smooth head. It's like a domino effect. One thing happens, and now they're all coming down.

"We can't be certain it was her. The description was quite different from her, though similar in other ways. But the other vampire, Rot, was her target, and she still hasn't reported in."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's Office

"So either it's her, or she's dead. Either way, we have two problem vampires. If we can't put their heads up on stakes soon, we'll have an insurrection on our hands. People are scared."

One of the advantages of not being turned yet, is that Vino hears what people say about vampires when vampires aren't around. He was raised in vampire society, and expects to become a vampire one day. But not yet. He and his wife still want more children.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #260

"Yes, that works. Do you wish to have a look around at the slaves and pick out your twenty?" Durk smiles and the man continues paying attention without doing anything.

"Yes." The demon replies simply. "Guide. Us."

"Mm... we wish to have some healthy females heh..." The imp agrees with a toothy grin.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

"Freddie, show them around. If you will please excuse me, gentlemen, there is paperwork I need to catch up on." Unless stopped, Durk will turn around and walk back to his office. The human, Freddie, will smile and look at the two demonic beings. "If you will please follow me, Sirs, I will show you to pick out the slaves you desire. Which of the species would you like to look at first?" He'll then recite the list he made earlier of the twenty species.

Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office

A skeletal monkey will attempt to approach close enough to eavesdrop. Unlike most of the other monkeys, this one is clad in loose trousers and shirt that meld into the shadows and deaden the noise it makes. A vigilant watcher may still detect it, however.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-05-27 at 03:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro nods, his expression grim. "I understand that, and that's why I'm sending you. There isn't anybody I'd trust more with this task. It needs to be handled, and quickly."

"We still don't know much about this vampire Rot. He is old, and likely powerful. He doesn't die when you kill him properly. We don't know how he comes back, that was Rose's job to learn about. You can't just walk into AMEN because of Rose. She may have already warned Rot about us." He goes on to give him Rot's description as well as Rose's new one.

The monkey might have some trouble eavesdropping. The walls are certainly are not thin and there is a guard outside the door at the moment as there usually is. As for the adjoining rooms, there is a small secret room on either side for Ramiro's personal eavesdroppers, making it difficult to listen in from those walls.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-05-27 at 03:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

The demons pick out a number of slaves and will pay for them to be delivered at an specific address.

"That. Will. Do. Deliver. Them. At. This. Location."

The imp handles the payment, taking it from a bag which looks way too small to contain that amount of money.
    "A pleasure to do business with you, we hope we can make more affairs in the future."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

There's not much choice with the minotaur- only one is old enough to bear children, and the two demons are warned that minotaur make poor slaves, and either go beserk and try to kill their owners, or try to kill themselves. More often the former than the latter, though both often have the same result.

Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office

But what about the ceiling? Most ceilings are hollow, with a gap between the ceiling itself and the floor above. The gaps aren't very large, admittedly, but still big enough for a skeletal monkey. Although since that space is where most rats and mice choose to dwell, and vampires commonly have the ability to take a rodent form, Ramiro may have thought of that.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-05-27 at 03:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's Office

"This job needs more than one agent," Vino says. "I'd like to say I'm sure I can take down the bitch, but I'm a pragmatist. I want Claudia and Petros housed here until it's over. I know she wouldn't hesitate to go after them."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Clever Earl. Clever. Vampires from my world can't change into rats typically. So because of that, and making a place completely impossible to eavesdrop on is silly, the monkey will have been able to hear everything from after you posted with it first.

"I agree. I have already assigned Mortius to investigating AMEN. He's a lich gnome who came here to offer his services. You may wish to speak with him and touch base. And of course Claudia and Petros can stay here. I will have a room prepared for them."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's Office

"Lich." Vino makes a face. He doesn't approve of undead that aren't vampires. Nor is he terribly fond of species other than humans and elves. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes and starts tapping the pack against his other hand. "Has he infiltrated yet? And does he know about Rose?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #268

There's not much choice with the minotaur- only one is old enough to bear children, and the two demons are warned that minotaur make poor slaves, and either go beserk and try to kill their owners, or try to kill themselves. More often the former than the latter, though both often have the same result.

The demons know how to handle mortals, Jaccalish have handled even more troublesome ones then minotaurs during his very long life.

[Abandoned Underground Laboratory]

Back at the base, the slaves will be taken down into the laboratory once the petshop owners have delivered them, a number of demons will take them down there... and we shouldn't really go into too much details after that.

After a while however Jaccalish will expand the field while still leaving the petshop untouched.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro smiles knowingly. "I expect you can remain civil. We can't afford to to be picky in choosing our allies." Vino probably liked Gul-Thadar better. Almost all humans and humans turned vampires. Of course there are the close relations to the drow immediately below them, but there's generally a divide between humans and drow.

"I don't believe he's infiltrated yet. It wasn't long ago that I gave him the assignment. The assignment being to investigate why Rose hadn't checked in with us for a while. You can tell him that she has more than likely gone rouge. Also tell him he is to assist you in any way you need. You are in charge of this job, he answers to you."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends

Minotaurs are willing to eat other races, and even their own dead, but they don't keep slaves and believe that slave-owning is a sign of weakness.

Abandoned Underground Laboratory

I was going to post the slaves leaving as I'm reasonably sure Morty's hunters are watching the pet shop. Unless the demons provide teleportation or invisibility, the odd group of twenty would be quite easy to spot.

Exbourne Manor

Meanwhile, a gnome and two humans with a sack arrive outside. The gnome has a complex-looking device on his back leading to a gun-like device currently in the gnome's hands. Unless stopped, they'll dump the sack outside Mortius's room which is still guarded by an eight-foot tall intimidating flesh golem (Mortius hasn't been told to put it away or hide it). The golem will take the sack into the room where Mortius will begin work turning the slave inside into an intelligent undead thrall capable of appearing to be completely free-willed, whilst really bound to Mortius's will. The process involves quite a lot of screaming.