Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony X: We Trot 'til We Drop

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    But now what will I lurk?
    Image dump, HECK NO THE PONY THREAD'S NOT DONE WITH edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Hey, where's mah hat?

RE: It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia Fanart
    If it isn't specifically made fanart, it's an AMAZING coincidence. Either way, I'm happy. The proportions seem off, but I'm floored I got fanart at all.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-16 at 02:13 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    WRITERS! I have a question!

Why do you write? What's the basic, underlying principle that drives you to write Pony fic? Images in your head, wanting to tell a certain story, wanting to expand a concept? I'm just curious as to what everypony's writing motivations were
    I'm mostly interested in seeing how an idea I've had will play out. I sometimes imagine scenes involving characters. I'm curious about the events leading up to these scenes and writing is my way of finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I've been feeling rather bitter of late, and I'm afraid it may have bled over into some of my posts. If that has happened, then I am truly quite sorry. Regardless of whether or not there's been any bleed-through yet, I think it best if I take a bit of a break from ponydom, so I'll see you all later.
    Bye. See you when you get back.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-06-16 at 02:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I seem to have obtained a serious case of drawing-ponies-instead-of-revising-and-breakfast-itis. What would you guys recommend?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I seem to have obtained a serious case of drawing-ponies-instead-of-revising-and-breakfast-itis. What would you guys recommend?
    Posting said drawn ponies.

@ Gadora: I haven't really noticed, but I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-16 at 02:19 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I've come down with "I can do better than that." Syndrome, although I'm not really sure I can.

I read a shipping fic involving Fluttershy and Spitfire, and was wondering how to write the two in my own fanfiction. I totally expect it to suck, or that I won't be able to finish it, but I'd like to try anyway, because this fic....the interpretation of Fluttershy seemed really off to me, and Spitfire was a slut to put it lightly.

I should mention for Phoe's sake that I still consider FlutterDash canon.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-16 at 02:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Okay, I've come down with "I can do better than that." Syndrome, although I'm not really sure I can.

I read a shipping fic involving Fluttershy and Spitfire, and was wondering how to write the two in my own fanfiction. I totally expect it to suck, or that I won't be able to finish it, but I'd like to try anyway, because this fic....the interpretation of Fluttershy seemed really off to me, and Spitfire was a slut to put it lightly.

I should mention for Phoe's sake that I still consider FlutterDash canon.
    I think I know the fic you mean, and I personally would love to see your take on the pairing.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-06-16 at 03:44 AM.
    Everyone you encounter on the streets now is a wild ghost seeking to take your life.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I know the fic you mean, and I personally would love to see your take on the pairing. Do it! Let's Spite our way into true quality!
    I only know one story with that particular pairing, and it doesn't match the description I'm hearing. Now I'm morbidly curious. Also, vain. Have some me:

Spoiler
    Show

I enjoy design by committee because I never would have considered this coloration, but as it turns out I really like it.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I only know one story with that particular pairing, and it doesn't match the description I'm hearing. Now I'm morbidly curious. Also, vain. Have some me:

Spoiler
    Show

I enjoy design by committee because I never would have considered this coloration, but as it turns out I really like it.
    Hm. Should I look into getting my Professor Hooves ponytar back in action or not... decisions decisions. Because you look like you're having a lot of fun, but the Baron Awesome-tar is also fun...

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

I only know one story with that particular pairing, and it doesn't match the description I'm hearing. Now I'm morbidly curious.
    Spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show

I can't remember the name of the fic. It involved Spitfire coming to hang out with Rainbow Dash, only finding Fluttershy, and eventually helping her get Froggy Bottom Pond to an acceptable level for the animals. At the end, after getting far too infatuated with Spitfire in what seemed like far too short a time, Fluttershy finds out that Spitfire likes Rainbow Dash, goes berserk, and sexually assaults Spitfire.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't find it believable.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Posting said drawn ponies.

@ Gadora: I haven't really noticed, but I hope you feel better soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I might have gone crazy... It's a fun feeling. Bloody Ponies.

These fics sound quite.... interesting, though. O.o if that's the right word for "CANNOT UNSEE CANNOT UNSEE"...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Have you guys heard?
    Someone on ponychan actually changed their legal name to Rainbow Dash.
    A male even.

Thats dedication.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Have you guys heard?
    Someone on ponychan actually changed their legal name to Rainbow Dash.
    A male even.

Thats dedication.
    I heard. As always, my response was HOW DO I ONE UP THIS and the answer was I DON'T THINK I CAN.

Mr. Rainbow Alexi Dash, you earn my respect.
    Everyone you encounter on the streets now is a wild ghost seeking to take your life.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do you write? What's the basic, underlying principle that drives you to write Pony fic? Images in your head, wanting to tell a certain story, wanting to expand a concept? I'm just curious as to what everypony's writing motivations were
    Boredom.
    Attention.
    The very novel idea of ponies in my fic.
    Twilight Sparkle is the best pony.

In that order.

Now to resume that Lyra-insanity fic. Probably will just find a way to include most ponies in this thread.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

A new brony has arrived!

If we're waging war with the web, we're winning.

15. - Top - End - #1215

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    A new brony has arrived!

OBJECTION!

Spoiler
    Show

This isn't war. It's revolution.

16. - Top - End - #1216

I heard. As always, my response was HOW DO I ONE UP THIS and the answer was I DON'T THINK I CAN.

Mr. Rainbow Alexi Dash, you earn my respect.
    You name yourself Mr. Rainbow Twilight Pinkie Rarity Applejack Fluttershy Pie Sparkle Dash, of course. Duh!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    A new brony has arrived!

Our ponies shall blot out the sun?
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Our ponies shall blot out the sun?
    Then we shall watch Friendship is Magic in the shade!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Which is for the best. I mean, no matter what kind of screen your dealing with, watching in bright light is just not going to give you the same quality.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Also, some of us are adverse to sunlight.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    The egg, it is on your face, ahahaha, because five pages? They were passed already!
    Didn't I post a bondage related joke a few pages ago? It was knot a good one, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Aye. There is some HORRIBLE stuff out there. It's even worse when it has an interesting premise. I've been tempted to hit the quill several times, just to add depth to an idea, to revive what careless clop-writers have slaughtered.

Your immortal is a desiccated picture in the attic of a tired, poorly written fic, sustaining in unholy fashion that which should have long gone to dust.

EDIT: wow, that came out pretty harsh. Sorry, mate.
    It was a grave mistake that you mentioned My Immortal. It gave me ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Hey, that's defamation of character! He's not a spawn of evil, he's the spawn of a neutral species. He had to work to get as wicked as he is! Its not nice to discount all that effort, my friend.
    I tried to be nice. Some persons of evil are a little sensitive because they are "only" naturalized evil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

My motivation is that I want to be a writer, like, the kind of writer that gets his own shelf at Barnes and Noble, and writing Ponyfic is a way of actually starting and finishing short stories, while I can't seem to finish my original fiction. So, I guess you could say it's for practice.

As for why I write one story and don't write another, it's because my muse is erratic and fey. I have to have a concept that's capable of being expressed in one scene, or a very strong concept plus a plot that I think I could write tied along with it. Bright New Days and All Hallow's Night were examples of the former (The boundaries between continuities are collapsing, and Twilight's going insane! Rainbow Dash has been chosen to run from the Wild Hunt!), while Misted Stage and Heroics were the latter (I want to write a story where the story of Aladdin is told within the story of Aladdin within the story of Aladdin. I want to write a story where Shimmer Snowflake learns to live with her curse of bondage, and to be brave instead of timid.). So it's a combination of all three you mentioned above, I guess, though I mostly use the "picture in my head" thing for plotting and when I'm actually doing the writing, not as motivation for writing.

@Welf: You're knot remembering correctly - that was twenty pages ago.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I tried to be nice. Some persons of evil are a little sensitive because they are "only" naturalized evil.
    Fortunately, I am not one them! Pansies. Evil by choice, not by design! Best sort of Evil really, because I'm not misguided, mislead or tragic and I damn well do know better, I just choose to do what I do anyway, out of sheer spite. And Awesome. It's much more fun to be fully cognisent of the horrors you're inflicting and then still keep doing it.

(Y'know, when not watching ponies.)

Although, I suspect a very large number of non-human races would argue against humans being considered "neutral"... (Not that I was ever really human, up here, where it counted, even while alive.)

Quote Originally Posted by Welf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, what the frag.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Firbolg in the Playground

Interesting question. Like just about anypony else has said, it's a combination of things for me:

1) Creative exercise. I'm hoping to become a game designer at some point, so writing is a good way to keep my creative thinking and imagination sharp. I guess you could also say that, kinda like what Phoe said, writing, or just creating in general, is something I feel like I have to do. It's a part of me I have to feed and maintain, and writing is one way I do it.

2) I find ponies oddly inspiring. Maybe it's the sheer innocence of the universe, maybe it's the community, or maybe it's a mix of a bunch of different things. Either way, ponies keep my imagination churning like nopony's business*, and that helps me to write.

3) Desire for attention. Yeah, not gonna lie, that's a part of it. Coupled with that is the encouragement and positive attitude of the community. That certainly doesn't hurt.

4) As for why I write what I write, so far it's all been from getting a single, crazy idea, and then crafting a story to show others that idea.

Feels weird saying all this when I haven't even posted part 1 of the fic I'm working on, but it is what it is.

*I'm not joking, this stuff is like steroids for my imagination. Since diving into ponies, I've been able to hold three-way conversations with myself. So either it's helping my imagination, or driving me crazy. Your choice.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

What madness is this? I provide you for the perfect set up for 300 Ponies quotes, and you all fail to jump on it. I am very disappointed in you, pony thread.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

What madness is this? I provide you for the perfect set up for 300 Ponies quotes, and you all fail to jump on it. I am very disappointed in you, pony thread.
    That just means the thread is so awesome we don't go for the obvious jokes...

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Mostly to just improve my writing skills.

@Edit: Pun duel would be a wonderful emote to have for the pony thread.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-06-16 at 09:18 AM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

I've always had the problem of getting specific images stuck in my head, but then having difficulty expressing them. Writing is the medium I feel like I have a passing shot at actually conveying something with, and the thriving pony community has encouraged me to actually go out on a limb and try it.

Also, I'm trying to write to encourage some creativity in myself and become a bit less one-dimensional...

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Image dump, HECK NO THE PONY THREAD'S NOT DONE WITH edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Zim ponies! My life is complete!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-16 at 09:26 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

29. - Top - End - #1229

So I've been seeing these pony avatars on the board for a little while now. At first I thought it was just an avatar theme week, but they kept sticking around, and getting more prevalent. Average Joe's switch was especially noticed, as well as these pony threads being near the top of the media forum. I never gave it much of a thought though. Surely it wouldn't be a show that I would like. But then I saw Sohmer's pony avatar on least I could do, and something compelled me.

I was compelled to watch the first episode yesterday. Which compelled me to watch the second. Which compelled me to watch the third. Which compelled me to watch the fourth.
    I don't know why I like it, I don't know why I think it's brilliant, but it's reached some sort of entertainment balance that, I like it. I like it a lot.

I am a brony.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    So I've been seeing these pony avatars on the board for a little while now. At first I thought it was just an avatar theme week, but they kept sticking around, and getting more prevalent. Average Joe's switch was especially noticed, as well as these pony threads being near the top of the media forum. I never gave it much of a thought though. Surely it wouldn't be a show that I would like. But then I saw Sohmer's pony avatar on least I could do, and something compelled me.

I was compelled to watch the first episode yesterday. Which compelled me to watch the second. Which compelled me to watch the third. Which compelled me to watch the fourth.
    I don't know why I like it, I don't know why I think it's brilliant, but it's reached some sort of entertainment balance that, I like it. I like it a lot.

I am a brony.
    Spoiler
    Show

Always good to see more people!
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods