New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Post List of all RPG Races

I am looking for a list of all the RPG races you can think of.I would like it to be swords-and-sorcery only.Advanced races(vampires,werewolf,etc.) and so on are alright.Preferably,I would like a link to the race/a description of it.Thanks!
    You can cage an animal,but you can't take away the rage.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: List of all RPG Races

Didn't someone already ask for this a while back? My Google-fu has failed me and can only find a thread for all 4th ed races, but I swear there was someone asking for lists of all races and classes a few months ago.
    "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftagn!" said the cultist.
    "Oh bother," said Pooh.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Well... as with the classes: in D&D, a big part of monsters are playable. So:

All these.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here is all +0 LA races for D&D 3.5.
    Edit:
    As with the class topic, what you are asking for is too general. You would have better luck with a narrower topic. Say, for example, D&D 3.5 (no 3.0 material) Human looking +3 LA races.
    Last edited by The Random NPC; 2011-06-22 at 06:49 AM.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

7. - Top - End - #7

I believe he means for the game swords and sorcery
    Pirate avatar thanks to serpentine.

8. - Top - End - #8

If that is the case, I apologize, that is specific enough, but I don't know anything about that game.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slaydemons View Post
    I believe he means for the game swords and sorcery
    Swords and Sorcery is a subgenre of fantasy, what is being asked for is races in any RPG that would fit in said subgenre.

Purist that I am, I answer "Human" and leave it at that. That said, there are still variable peoples in most of the fiction, separated into tribes, kingdoms, etc. and that means that RPGs that have that can be lifted from. The various Game of Thrones RPGs tend to have a list, and would be worth looking into. The notable entries include:

Valyrian: Tall, strikingly beautiful people who seem somewhat detached from others, often with highly unusual features (e.g purple eyes, silver hair).

Andals: Essentially northwestern Europeans, with a variety of hair and eye colors, and white skin.

Dothraki: A massive group of pseudo-mongol horse tribes. Their culture is extremely militaristic and inherently nomadic.

First Men: An honorable and dutiful civilization that were once conquerors, resembling the Andals, but with a more pronounced connection to nature.

Children of the Forest: Essentially pygmy tribes, but with some animal magic.

Wilding: People from the obligatory frozen north. They call themselves the free folk, and have successfully avoided the yoke of the feudal system.

Bravosi: City dwellers, with a notable class of professional duelists who tend to be very fast, and not as strong as other soldiers.

Quartheen: Members of a merchant city, which is split between several merchant guilds.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.