Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Maggots in the Meat (IC)

Maggots in the Meat

Simone "The Stig" Vern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Working under the inquisition has been... somewhat less exciting that Simone thought it'd be. It has been seven years since the death of his father and his oath to take up his father's mantle. At that time, Simone and the inquisitor Janus Malachi had been in contact a few times and the arbitrator's oath had been acknowledged but after that? Silence.

Once a year or so Simone would receive a small stipend from the inquisition and once he had received orders to deliver a message that he didn't understand to people he didn't know but that was it. His attempts to contact Janus failed more often than not and he felt a bit let down but there was nothing he could do about it.

Then, during one very regular morning on his way to work Simone received a message: He was summoned to take up a mission on a planet far-away. No other information about the mission was given but he was told to make his way to the Soiled Fate, a massive interstellar spaceship currently on his homeplanet's orbit. There, he would receive further briefing. To make things even more difficult, he had only two days to leave everything behind and find out a way to board such a ship before the ship would depart.

Even though it took up nearly all of the money he had saved, Simone managed to board Soiled Fate and get himself a small cabin near the lower decks. There, he could only wait for more information as days and weeks passed.

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vatzlav quickly learned that life on the streets was quite different from life in the jungle. In the jungle one only needed their strength and wit to survive but in the big hives there was one more important trait: Social skills. Being a loner in the world of gangs was difficult and forced the kid to constantly shift locations. It was only a question of time before Vatzlav's luck ran out.

Local gangs of the slum known as Formal E knew that thugs in the area tended to disappear and knew better than to practice their trade in certain parts of it. Vatzlav, however knew only about two higher class kids who seemed to have wandered to the wrong area. He followed them to an alleway, caught up with them and tried to rob them... which was where the things went wrong. Instead of giving him their wallets, the kids just smiled. Then grinned. Then the grin widened even more and their mouths twisted to massive, gaps filled with many rows of razor sharp teeth the likes of which Vatzlav had never seen. It was obvious that he was screwed and would probably die soon.

At that point, however, the emperor interfered. Vatzlav saw a grenade land between the two monsters and was just able to duck behind a cover before the explosion. After the explosion there were inhuman screams and the steady sound of an automatic gun firing solids that were hitting the ground, walls, and presumably monsters somewhere very near. Vatzlav stayed very quiet and very still until it was silent again. When he dared to look, all he saw was two smoking corpses and a seemingly unarmed svelte dark male standing above them. Vatzlav soon learned that the man was interrogator Jericus Drust, a member of the inquisition and had been hunting the creatures for a good while. After that, it was a matter of moments before Vatzlav had signed up. He was instructed to board a spaceship called Soiled Fate, which was currently on the orbit. There he would receive further briefing.

Raltus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time among the mechanicus of Soiled Fate passed relatively easily. There was a lot to do and a lot to learn which was enough for a while... but still left some lacking. The life was awfully simple, with very similar tasks among the same machines being repeated from day to day, week to week and year to year. Even though Raltus learned quickly, there were always a lot of people much more skilled in the arts than he was and at times it could make one feel themselves almost unnecessary. Raltus performed his duties well and without complaints but made sure that his superiors knew that his real interest involved him some day leaving the ship to perform emperor's work elsewhere.

One day, Raltus saw a dark skinned man approach him. He had seen the man around a few times: He wasn't a member of the mechanicus but had visited every once in a while, usually leaving with and occasionally coming with quite exotic mechanical goods and weapons. Raltus's superiors and the man seemed to have mutual respect towards each other so when the man came to Raltus, he was received well. Raltus found out that the man was Jericus Drust, an interrogator of the inquisition and worked under inquisitor Janus Malachi of Ordo Malleus. He was about to send two fresh acolytes on their first mission quite soon and had heard of Raltus and decided to offer him a chance to go along. It didn't take much convincing before Raltus was officially an acolyte of the holy order of mankind.

Raltus was told to continue performing his duties as usual and that he would be contacted soon enough.

Raltus, Bones, The Stig

You feel the spaceship tremble as it leaves the Warp after eleven days of travel. Time of the day has little meaning on interstellar ships but it's close to the end of the second shift, which would translate to early morning for those who were picked up from the previous planet and still cared about such things. Nearly immediatelly after the ship has entered realspace, the intercom of your cabin crackles and you hear a voice that summons you to cabin BA2C near the upper decks.

The upper decks are something completely different than what you are used to: No constant background noise from the engines, the air isn't stale, the cabins are larger, the people - officers of the ship and wealthy passengers - are clearly upper class and everything is more glamorous than in the lower decks. The three of you arrive almost simultaneously to the wide and well-lit hallway in front of the cabin and see each other:

A freakishly tall and pallid man dressed in the rust red robes of Adeptus Mechanicus and wearing the respirator as is the standard for tech-priests, a 16-year old and feral looking kid with ruddy skin and beast furs on his shoulders and a third man that, despite him looking tough and being armed, appears to be the most normal of the lot. [OOC: You can describe yourselves in greater detail in your first posts]

The door to the cabin is wide open and you hear a cheerful and yet eloquent male voice calling out to you "Oh, you're all here already. Excellent! Please, come on in!". You walk inside and see a large room that seems more like a living room of a pleasant upper-class house than a cabin: There is a low glass table in front of a red sofa, a fuzzy black carpet made out of fur, a few comfortable looking chairs, a small bookself on the wall and the voxspeakers in the cabing are playing quiet choirmusic.

There is a svelte, dark-skinned man sitting on the sofa and filling his glass from the bottle of amasec on the table. As you step in, he stands up and flashes a welcoming smile. "Welcome. As some of you already know - would you close the door please - as I was saying, I'm Jericus Drust of the holy inquisition. The three of you don't know each other yet but take a good look: You will soon be taking up your first mission together." he says and gestures you to sit down before sitting down himself.
    Last edited by Pegasos989; 2011-06-30 at 12:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Maggots in the Meat (IC)

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

A young man little more than a boy really. His starved frame has strained muscles stretched and corded. You doubt he weighs more than 70 kilos and his tall frame makes him look like he has been strung over a rack. His eyes are probably the first feature you take note of. They are much more memorable than the scraps his is adorned with. They shine with a brilliance that you wouldn't expect from someone like him. It's slightly unnerving.

He wears a excuse for a robe, more rags than clothing. The only part that is intact is the hood, and that only due to coarse stitches and leather patches. A deep blue with the holy Aquila broad across the back. The colour is very faded and covered in patches with dried blood. His bare flesh poke through almost every where. From his ankles to his neck tribal tattoos stretch a fiery red.The boy is lacking a descent pair of boots. His feet unclad and open to the air.

Thick layers of furs seem to be his only protection. Those also bear deep cuts and hang from him as he moves. He is clean and his hands seem to have been scrubbed red raw. You doubt he has had much opportunity in the past for a regiment of cleanliness. A double barreled shotgun hangs on a chain slung across his back.

Bones smiles widely at the sight of Jericus. "Hello again. And thanks for this opportunity. I assure you I won't fail the Emperor." He closes the door behind him before looking over his fellows. His eyes roaming over them. "Nice to meet you all. I'm Bones." His voice is gruff and failing miserably to convey the cheerfulness hidden in his eyes. He turns back to Jericus and walks onto the soft rug. His feet glad for the soft fur beneath them. He sits cross-legged on the rug and places his shotgun lying across his legs. "So what can we do for the Inquisition today? If it pleases you to tell us." He speech is stunted and slow.
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

Upon entering the room, the man in a light version of flak armor (colored grey with the standard red stormtrooper camo marks) opens his white jacket and turns on the safety on his pistol. He removes the autogun, which's stap is across his shoulder, and places it on the floor, safety on. He walks to the table and sits down, knowing the slighty familiar face and places his stormtrooper helmet on the table. He makes himself comfortable on the couch, running his hand through his hair, the blond highlight on black flaring out. He glances over and waits for the others to sit. It is hard to tell what the man looks like, as he wears a pair of aviator sunglasses which cover parts of his face that would be memorable. On the inside, the glasses change to the wearers needs depending on the amount of light, but the outside stay black; they were custom made for him.
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-07-01 at 12:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Raltus

The member of the adeptus mechanicus straightens his robe after entering the room. Besides his height, which is rather tall even for a void born, the most distinctive thing about his is that he is very grey. What little can be seen of his flesh is a pale greyish color as if some of the ship's metal had rubbed off on it. His hair is a shade almost identical to his skin, and while his eyes are continuously sweeping between the others in order to observe them more closely they are also mostly grey with only a tint of green. Even his robes have taken on a greyish tinge over their original red.

Unlike the others he is unarmed, although probably that is more a result of lack of room as anything else as clanking can be heard coming from the unseen equipment and implants hidden beneath his robes whenever he moves. Taking a seat he withdraws his hands into the sleeves of his robes and waits to hear more of the mission to which they had been assigned.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

After getting comfortable, Simone speaks, "Sir, I must say that you've chosen quite the nice ship to meet on. As my friends with the furs asked, what is it we may do for you?" he asks, giving a raised eyebrow to the two boys in the room. Then shakes his head in one quick jerk, "I am called The Stig. But you may simply call me Stig." he says in a surprisingly tenor voice, Low Gothic with a Hive Dialect accent.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine him with a light scotish accent.
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-07-01 at 10:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Jericus smiles at the feral kid's eagerness, gives Raltus an acknowledging nod and then turns his face towards The Stig. "Yes, Soiled Fate truly is one of the nicer ones...", he ponders and casually takes a sip of amasec before he gets to the point.

"You are all here because you are about to take your first mission as acolytes of the inquisition. Our master, inquisitor Janus Malachi, was unable to come and see you off himself as he is occupied by certain... urgent matters", Jericus says softly with apparently no intention of explaining it in more detail.

"In any case, you seem like quite a mixed lot. Some of you have never been aboard a spaceship before this, others have never been anywhere else but on a spaceship. Hopefully you all complement each other..." the man pauses for a moment as if trying to recall something before he continues. "We are approaching the orbit of Acreage. It's quite a backwater planet with low technology level and little of interest for most people. Some years ago, the high-king and planetary governor died and his daughters have warred over both titles ever since. Empire gets full taxes each year so the administratum has decided not to interfere."

"Chaos and misery of the war does tend to cause, uprising of cults and other sort of heresy so the inquisiton has been monitoring the planet closely for the duration of the conflict. Within the last months we have heard reports about mysterious deaths and disappearing of bodies in one of the main cities. As the empire's presence on the planet is limited to one communications tower close to the only landing are of the planet, we have very limited information of the disappearings... which is where you come in. You will be dropped off at the landing area, where you are to assess the situation, make your way to the nearby city, investigate the deaths and finally return to the communications tower to report back to me."

The man is silent for a moment to leave you some time to process what he just said.

"Do you have any questions?"
    Maggots in the Meat: IC thread, OOC thread, dierolls

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

His eyes gleam. "Just one, you got are spare glass for that stuff?" His voice is dry and flat. He smiles and coughs clearing his throat. Shifting nervously he picks at some unseen particles of dust. "Anyhow what is so peculiar in particular about these deaths? Is it who is dying or just how? Perhaps some cultist markings on the victims? Or a ritualistic bent to the laying out? I appreciate that you have limited intel at this point... I mean that's why your sending us in. And I won't let you down. I'll get to the bottom of it. Whatever is happening. However any resources you could provide would be appreciated. Perhaps some pictures that we could use to establish the orgins of any markings, we might encounter. Like a..." He struggles for the word. "...list." He waves a hand at the inadequate word, but doesn't proffer a replacement. He looks hopefully at Jericus.
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:41 AM.
    "Solus loligo purpureus gustabit victoriam"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Jericus grins at Bones and nods. "Please, help yourself" the dark male says and points at empty glasses on a shelf at the other side of the room. When the kid raises to get himself a glass, Jericus continues to answer his other questions. "A bit of both and neither. I'm actually simply making an assumption when I speak about deaths: People go missing and locals find blood but not corpses. I'm not aware of any pattern when it comes to victims."

"When I said that the planet is a low-tech one, I meant it. The locals wage war with muskets, though soldiers of Olrankan - the city you will be visiting - are slightly better equipped due to the vicinity of the landing area. It goes without saying that you will not find material from pict-recorders, no detailed dataslates about each death... And as the war is raging in the territory, local authorities have even less resources than normal to investigate this kind of matters."

"If you want more general information about the area itself, I'm sure that Raltus can access all public records of the location here on the ship. If you want more details about the current situation and these disappearings... I believe that you'll have to find them all out yourselves on the surface."
    Last edited by Pegasos989; 2011-07-01 at 09:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

After listening for a few moments Raltus speaks, his voice tinged with static from the modulation of his respirator.

"I have a few questions that I do not think will be in the databases. For one what are the authorities and citizens of Olrankan like. Who do they support in the war? Does the Inquisition have any preference to which sister wins."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

Bones takes a glass from the shelf and pours himself a generous portion of the amasec. He takes large swallow smiling it works it way down his throat. He settles himself back down on the rug next to his shotgun. "Smooth drop that. I could get used to such rewards. Ah, but to the mission at hand." His voice has softened with the liquid, but he stills speaks stilted, pausing before forming each word. He listens to Raltus' query and quickly follows suit with another of his own. "Can we expect any equipment. I hate to say I only have what I carry with me at the moment. Hardly an image worthy of the Inquisition." His eyes flicker greedily as he looks around the room and slugs another portion of the amasec.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Jericus nods at Raltus. "All very good questions though I can answer only some of them. The war started five years ago when the High King Gordanus died and didn't name either of his daughters, Rhozena or Rhozeia as a successor. The twins asked the empire for guidance but the answer only named 'Rhoze' as the new planetary governor. Within weeks they were at war and have been ever since. Both are certain that they are the governor and wish to obtain the empire's support so both of them pay their taxes in full. As the empire has been collecting double the expected amount of taxes for five years... Well, I doubt that the imperial guard will be sent to return order any time soon."

"Inquisition of course supports stability and as both sisters have proven themselves loyal to the throne, either side winning would be fine at this point. Even so, it's not the inquisition that is supposed to carry out the emperor's will in this kind of matters so I doubt we will step on the toes of Adeptus Administratum. I am not even sure which side prince Orcan, head of the city, is on at the moment. Local nobles tend to change their alliances more often than they change clothes", Jericus says with a very neutral smile. "I recommend that you simply try to stay away from the conflict as much as possible unless your investigation gives you reason to do otherwise."

The interrogator turns his face towards Bones and laughs. "The eagerness..." the laugh turns into an approving smile and he answers the questions. "Due to the low technology level and your rather unusual outlook, you are likely to gain attention already as it is and having you carry melta guns out there certainly wouldn't help... Is there something else you had in your mind?"

[OOC: If you intend to ask for equipment, rolling some skill check while you're at it might be a good idea]
    Last edited by Pegasos989; 2011-07-01 at 10:45 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

He really smiles when you mention meltaguns, quickly however it's curbed. It's like hitting a puppy. His eyes though calculate with an exactitude just how much he could get away with. "No not a meltagun perhaps, but in the interests of maintaining a low profile maybe some compact firearms. Though perhaps if the tech is so low down there a sturdy sword would serve just as well. I've not had a good blade in my hand for quite a while. I find they do wonders for the spine. Though the same could be said thrice for a loaded gun." He takes another swig of his glass, it's quickly dwindling. "And clothing. These rags do little good to represent the Inquisition. What's the climate like on this planet? Acreage. Perhaps some armour too. I doubt my skin, as tough as it is, can protect me from even a musket ball."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[89]Charm? now this would be vs 11. Or vs 1 if this is considered formal Hmm first inq briefing I think that's formal but sofas and drinking leads to informal? Oh well what could go wrong...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

After waiting the appropriate amount of time Simone speaks up, "Can we burn it?" He is leaning forward, his left hand on his sword. "I smell heresy, can I burn it?" he pauses, "Not the planet, but places we find corrupted." Simone looks dead serious, but you cant tell behind the glasses.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Raltus

Raltus glances at Stig. "Our assignment is simply to investigate, so that seems unlikely. But still that does tie into my next question."

Turning back to Jericus, "How quietly do you wish us to proceed. As you've noted we will likely stand out on a low technology world." He reaches up and taps his respirator, "Me especially, but I can attempt to disguise myself if you wish us to be more discreet."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Jericus listens to Bones for a while and then raises his free palm between them to silence the kid. "That sounds like quite an investment... Let's see you successfully complete at least one mission before we return to this subject." he says and shakes his head. The man's tone implies that any further requests for equipment are quite unlikely to succeed.

When The Stig asks about burning the place, Jericus smiles. "It's hard to burn places as long as you maintain any form of secrecy. Once you are willing to cast that off for one reason or the other... You may deal with the situation any way you find appropriate. That includes the emperor's cleansing flame."

Jericus then turns himself towards Raltus. "You will make planetfall on the imperial outpost known as Emperor's Island. Your off-worldly appearance shouldn't attract much attention there. Your goal, the city of Olrankan is a different matter but even it has seen a fair share of travelers due to the vicinity of the outpost. That is to say, your appearance will attract attention but you won't be stared and pointed at as much as you would in any other city."

The interrogator pauses, sinks the rest of his amasec, looks at Raltus and then the group as a whole. "I have only one wish: That you'll return with news of your success. Your methodology is entirely up to you. Personally, I prefer secrecy when I'm on the field but if you'll get the job done by finding yourself a psyker and mindraping everyone you encounter until you find answers... So be it."

The cabin's intercom crackles up "We have reached the orbit, interrogator. The shuttle departs in 90 minutes.". The interrogator walks to the intercom, answers that he has heard the message and walks back to his seat. "Is there anything else I can do for you before the departure?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

"Nope I think that pretty much covers it. Thank you again for this oppurtunity. I have my life and suppose that shall at least not fail in service to the emperor. I can't say the same for my equipment." He sighs and finishes the glass. Placing it on the table he takes his shotgun and departs.
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

Simone stands, when he speaks his voice has dropped an octive; now deeper and more intimidating. "You are wise, and your advice shall assuringly keep us on track, thank you." He puts his fist to his heart, as is a salute. "Shall we, Bones and Raltus, was it?" Simone stands, adjusting his jacket, the Arbitrator symbol flashing slightly in the dim light.
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-07-02 at 10:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

Bones pauses at the door holding it open for Stig. " Yes I am Bones. Stig yes? Lead the way. I'm sure you know the way better than I. Travel on ships much? This is the first time I've had the chance to enjoy the open corridors of one such as this. I'm looking forward to the frequent travel the Inquisition will afford us. It's been a long time since I've seen a clear sun. "
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:40 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

Simone picks up his autogun at the door, slinging it over his shoulder. "You are correct. Although I'm sure our mechanic friend could be of much more help than I in the spacial-nautical department. I'm glad you are enjoying it, as I'm sure I'll enjoy the more simplisticness of Acreage. Maybe we can hit the midship on our way back to our quarters. Would you like to see that Bones?" he wave in one quick twitchy motion to Jericus: goodbye. To Raltus he asks, as they walk into the hallway, "Would you like to accompany us?"
    Last edited by Honikan; 2011-07-02 at 11:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Raltus

"Yes I will accompany you, but I do not think you will find much of interest here. Planetborn tend to find that the corridors all look the same. But if that's what you're interested in." He shrugs.

"Perhaps we can discuss our plan of action while we walk. As we do not know each it would be best to compare our skills to see what methods are best suited for our investigation."
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-07-02 at 01:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The Soiled Fate

Massive majority of the imperial citizens never leave the planet they were born on: In all likelihood, The Stig has never been aboard an interstellar spaceship before this journey and Bones has only experienced one trip... Which creates a massive contrast to Raltus who was born and has lived on the same spaceship his entire life, only briefly visiting planets.

For a citizen of 21st century it is difficult to fathom the sheer scale of the ships involved: Even though Soiled Fate is a relatively small transport ship (Jericho-Class), it is still well over 2 km long, about 0.3 km abeam and has a crew of about 20 000 people... Most of which have lived on the ship their lives, taking up the same duties that had belonged to their fathers before them. Of course, for a 41st millenium citizen who might have visited massive hives, these numbers could seem small.

That all said, Raltus was at least partially correct when he said that all corridors seem the same for those who are more used to planets. Massive amounts of the ship's space are taken up by cargo holds, engine rooms and other places where travelers aren't welcome (even though the presence of a tech-priest helps a lot and if you are willing to identify yourselves as inquisition's acolytes, you will gain even more freedom). There is only so much to see in the corridors upon corridors of crew quarters that house the tens of thousands of workers.

On the other hand, there are bars, shops and other facilities that are required on a ship that needs to often spend months in space between visiting planets. In addition to cargo, the ship also transports passengers and the luxury passenger quarters are full of most interesting travelers from around the subsector and their entertainment facilities. While there are few windows outside (due to the heavy hull armor of the ship) the simple realization of what the spaceship contains (chapels, libraries, and the like) can entertain planetborn passengers for a good while. As the tech-priest chooses a "sight-seeing route", there should be plenty of wonder for them...

Finally, you reach the shuttle bays. Several large, about 80 metres long transport shuttles and one heavily armed gun gutter are stationed there, servitors loading the transport shuttles with goods (An odd mixture of luxury items, weapons, supplies for the empire's outpost..) and a group of about a dozen mercenaries on their way to acreage, where their kind are in high demand. It's still a moment before you need to board the shuttle.

[OOC: You may use as many posts as you wish to speak among yourselves and it's a given that you visit your cabins to retrieve any stuff you want from there, you might still be able to do last minute shopping of common items if necessary and so on. Just board the shuttle when you want to continue to the planet.]
    Last edited by Pegasos989; 2011-07-02 at 02:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

Bones follows Raltus through the decks. Asking questions about many things. A constant stream of seemingly pointless queries that are broken only his thoughts and impeded by his unsteady speech. "How many crew does this ship have? How thick is this bulkhead? What cargo is stored here? How are the corridors named? Does it have weapons? How many? How Big? What are in the off-limit areas? What is it's final destination? What would happen in the event of a fire? Hull rupture? Do the door automatically seal? Where is the captain's room? Where are the ship controls? What jobs do the workers have to do? Does it have an armoury? Is it under permanent control of the inquisition? Have they taken control of it or are they simply transporting us on it? How much supplies does it have? Enough for a year? A decade? Does it land to pick up supplies or are they ferried aboard? How fast does it go? What engines does it use? What would happen if we stopped moving? What defences does it have against the warp? ..."

The questions continue most of the way to the shuttle bay. At the sight of the shuttles he breathes a deep breath and stops his babbling. "So how should we proceed. I think identifying the victims. Finding out if they had any similarities that are obvious between them. Finding out what happened to the corpses would be a good idea. I think a investigative approach would be best. Proceed to the... local law? Find out what they know and then ask around in the areas where they disappeared. Perhaps someone saw something. They might have family that we could talk to. If we find out who is being targeted we might be able to lie in wait for the killer at their next victim. Or perhaps our questions will arouse the killers interest and they will attack us. That could also work in our favour so long as we are ready. I think if heresy is lurking anywhere we would be best to root it out. Take some of them alive to be burnt at the stake as demonstration. The Emperor's light should not be shunned."

He sits down on a crate near their shuttle his shotgun hanging over the rear. "I might attempt to contact whatever passes for a underworld on this planet. See if they know anything. Perhaps they could provide us with information, probably more reliable than the law. I don't really know what else we could do. I hope when we get planet side we might learn more what direction we should pursue." Bones' voice is becoming dry and rasping again, he obviously isn't used to talking so much. He wets his lips and waits to see what the other think.
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:39 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

Relieved that Bones stopped his incessant questions, Simone leans up against the wall across from the shuttles. With a sigh, he finally speaks, able to get a word in now. "That would seem the first place go, asking what the people of Acreage know." He turns his head to Raltus, three small, gold hoops on his left ear jangling together. "Do you suppose we should wait to talk to the daughters until we have some detailed information on what is otherwise going on? Maybe if we had some information to go with, we might be able to work out whichnof the daughters should assume the power." Simone takes out his sword and slides down to the floor. He sits there stroking the gold on the hilt.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Raltus

After the torrent of nonsensical questions Raltus is happy to finally get down to business. "I do not think seeing the daughters would help us at all. Nothing we've heard has shown any sign that they are involved at all and both appear to be loyal to the Imperium. The civil war is something to be aware of, but should not be our primary area of interest. Our mission is to investigate the bodies and for that Bones suggestions are good. We can start with the people involved and by searching the areas in which the people were killed if they can be located. I think our main focus should be to identify how the people were killed. That will give us a better idea of what the reason for doing so was."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Evidence of how they were killed would best be accomplished by locating the bodies. Failing that where they were killed. Bones nods to Raltus in agreement.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

Simone adjusts himself on his spot on the floor, "Of course, I suppose someone should know when and where the attack occurred. What or who do you think might be behind these things. On the other hand, I suggest that we should talk to the daughters because a civil war will prevent the Imperium from getting the taxes and it will impeade on our investigation. Of course we can save the interviews for later."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

"They could be sacrifices for some cult. That might explain why the bodies haven't been found? Or perhaps a political intrigue the people could be involved with the government someway. Hell it could just as well be a mutated monster that drags them into the night?" Bones throws his hands in the air. "We can't guess accurately yet. As to the threat of civil war, I say unless we actually find some link between the disappearances and the politics we stay out of it. I doubt the trust placed in us allows us to interrogate these daughters on a whim. The Imperium seems to want the situation to remain the same. Unsettling the balance might upset higher-ups." He scratches his wrist. "It seems best to stick to solving the case in hand and trying not to step on too many toes."
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simone "The Stig" Vern

"I agree with your logic, I just feel something fishy. Well..." He says, standing up, "Should we get ready to leave? I believe I have everything." Simone asks, patting the bag at his waist.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Raltus

Raltus glances at Stig, "On the contrary the civil war has resulted in both the daughters paying taxes. Which has resulted in the Imperium recieving double the normal tithe. A situation which I doubt the Adeptus Administratum wishes to end. But yes I agree we won't learn any more standing around up here. Let us proceed to the surface."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatzlav "Bones" Zusak

Bones simply nods and boards the shuttle. He looks thoughtful as he straps into his seat. He tilts his head and asks Stig. "What does "Fishy" mean? I've not heard that before."
    Last edited by ellna; 2011-07-04 at 08:42 AM.